/rwg/ Rimworld General

Previous Thread: cthulhu mod edition

>What is Rimworld?
An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/
>How is it different from Dorfort?
Sci-fi setting with good graphics and lewd
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK

(/rwg/ mods)
pastebin.com/wtm5WtHm

The Futamod Project is looking for coders and artists. If you want to join as a contributor for our ambitious project or just want to give a thumbs up then post in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RimWorld/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As always, don't forget to visit our friends over @ reddit.com/r/RimWorld/

>toxic fallout
>exotic trade group comes
>wall them in, unroof the room
>they all die
>tons of free shit
>doesn't become hostile to me

Didn't think it'd work

It works. Thanks famalan

i love you RJW user

Oh wait, it is still giving me "need materials"

Here is a working mod that might help you out user. Hope you get it working.

Clever man. They should become mad if friendly buildings impede their way out of the map or if trapped within walls

I got it fixed, thanks senpai.

How do I deal with surprise hives and can I prepare for that shit?

Rules for how Infestation hives spawn:
>Only under overhead mountain roof
>within a certain range of playerowned/constructed buildings
>can't spawn ontop of buildings (protip: conduits etc count as building)
>prefer dark areas (light up your vital parts of the base and leave parts where you prefer them to spawn in complete darkness)
As for how you deal with them, git gud. Try a sniper if the terrain allows to hit them from far away, bugs never stray too far from their hives and can be kited/pulled one by one easily.

>Ivans right eye has been replaced by a horrifying eyestalk
>check his sight
>enhanced

>put fridge full of meals in dining room
>colonists go to walk in freezer anyway
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

do you guys put your stoves in the freezer?
i feel like the less time spent walking makes up for the cold debuff

I find that putting a wall next to the sandbags, and having the guy hide behind the wall works well against grenades. The wall tends to block them much better than sandbags do, and the sandbags offer protection for when my guy is leaning out and firing. I've had guys standing inside my little bunker complexes get hit by triple rocket-launchers, and walk away without a scratch. If you need to pull out of the firing position, the wall makes this easier, it's something to put between the two of you.

SWWS--SWWS--SWWS, (s-sandbag, w-wall) that's my usual early set up. If you're lucky enough to have access to any plasteel veins, it makes a good material. It doesn't take much of the stuff, and it's extremely unlikely to get destroyed in combat.

Not since the debuff was put. Airlocked, double autodoors, make 2 smaller stockpiles, one for meals, one for raw food, I'm happier when the pawns just straight up drop meals in the square just next to the door.

I also have the mod that allows for bulk cooking, so the pawn doesn't go in every 5 seconds with just one meal.

By the time the colony gets very big, I tend to put a lot more coolers, enough to keep food at -50C and add more doorways. Generally use the freezer as the center of my colony and put several tables around it. Also, Quantum stockpiling to deal with big inventories.

40k when

>masochist doesn't get sensory mechanites
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>-50C
For what purpose?

infestation bait? if it's inna mountain that'd be a great way to farm bugs because they die really fast in that cold

>mods
opinion discarded.

What should I do if I end up with more pawns than I have jobs?

Infestations can't spawn if the temp is below -17C or so.
The hives just disappear if it's too cold.

Switch some to night schedules so they work when the others are asleep.

When you have a lot of people walking in and out the freezer at all times (haulers, cooks, hungry colonists) a single door gets too crowded, waste a lot of time trying to get in or out, so you get more doors, but the more doors you get the more temperature leak you have, so by keeping it below -30C I get to keep my food frozen even if all the 4 doors are opening a lot, many of my idiot pawns even use the freezer as a hall way because it;s in the middle of the base.

Flares are common and heat waves too, if a long flare happens during a heat wave (couple of days with no electricity) then I get to keep the food frozen for most of the time.

I have spawned bugs before, but it's not worth it in the main freezer, it's better to build one just for that reason and turn it on/off every so often, which I wouldn't do with my food freezer.

There's a mod for single tile freezers, I have two on each side of the stove, one for potatoes and one for meat, and then a third for the meals.

Post so I can see what it looks like please, I still haven't done my kitchen properly, since every single fucking piece from a mod clashes with the other.

>masochist has scars
:---D

Do exotic goods traders sell wargs ever, or is it bulk goods?

Been cycling through exotic for awhile, without luck.

Is there a mod to allow building past the map limit? Just want to try making a giant perimeter with one small opening and seeing how that works.

>Relationship tab won't open after 2 weeks ingame time

Not from that colony, but it sort of looks like this. I don't remember what mod they are from though.

Yeah, I have those too, and from some other mod some white ones.

This was my initial kitchen attempt but I don't like it. Maybe if I put the VG stuff in an adjacent room or something.

doors behind sandbags are the best
you just need to step back one square if you're about to be shot at

>prostophobe has several scars

I need your modlist, STAT.

+outfitter and some other stuff I installed later

Thanks. Going to get to downloading this.

>play around with xmls and shit
>conjure up toxic weapons
>forget to edit tags
>every other raider has toxic shit
>everyone in the colony dies of toxic buildup
10/10 would Chernobyl again.

>first legit game ever, Classic Rough
>make too small farmplots
>awful build plan
>pawns bitch about bedrooms
>constant food lackage due to little farmplots, hunting isn't enough
>malaria kills two
>lose three and a doggo hunting that rare horned animal because went YOLO at this point
>nobody from starting three is alive
>medicine running out
>massive fire from electrical circuit, practically burns down most of the base
>left with three females in shitty mood living like tribals in single room with campfire
>two females are injured, so sleeping
>fight off two-people raider attack with single woman with survival rifle
>winter, at least food wont spoil, IF I HAD ANY
>kill two raiders (machine pistol and grenades) via survival rifle and pistol
>one immigrant came - mother of the rifle girl

Update:
Rifle Girl just went berserk.
She was beaten to death.
And i don't know how, but turns out she was MOTHER of the immigrant, despite age showing otherwise, the fuck?

Ah, yeah, before shit went absolutely down, we had some cannibalism.
Guess -10 moodlet every time they eats human eat would snowball pretty badly if switched humanitarian.

Now you know the >lol wooden walls meme XD

I hate to say it user but you had it coming. Next time you make a stonecutter's table and set it forever. Also, try to keep all the items under roof, it doesn't have to be walled and doored just be under a roof to stop them from deteriorating.

>tfw I'm feeding 12 people and a bunch of wolves with plots 3/4 that size

>extreme break chains
JESUS CHRIST CHILL THE FUCK OUT

oh's shid

top kek

Do we have a list of new /rwg/ mods? The pastebin is outdated.

>Burying dead enemy's
>not having a separate corps shack
>not training your doggos to crave human flesh by restricting them to the corps shack

step it up senpai

You finally got your kitchen completed! Nice.

Lol I dismantled it 5 minutes after that screenshot and now I just have the two stoves in the middle of nothing. I'm obsessed with stupid automated trap rooms that don't do anything now.

>not putting them in a pile and blowing them to bits with an inferno cannon
it's like you don't even want to see the world burn, user

grave times

>randy extreme
>longest time so far since a raid
>colony wealth has been going way up lately
>last raid on comparable wealth was a meme that I psychic lanced into doomsday rocketing itself
>defences haven't improved in a long, long while
heatenings.jpg

Is this where I get a mechanoid drop-pod holocaust?

>prepare carefully
>easier surgeries
>fuses
>nerve stapling
>tranq turrets
>reuse pods
>care less about prisoners
>quicksaver
>medivac
>realistic darkness LIGHTER version
>more trade ships

user i...

Does amount of enegry change the size of initial fire? It was pretty big at the start.

> >lol wooden walls meme XD
A deadly meme.

And I had stuff rooffed, no probs about that.

There were my potatoes...
More or less of that size.

Shit was going bonkers and I wanted to get rid of the corpses ASAP

Bitches at mine go berserk all the time

>tfw comfy new england esque cult

So is this a "creator does basic shit and modders do the rest of the job" episode?

What, I assume you think it makes the game too easy or something?

Let's go through these one by one:

>prepare carefully
Had to use it due to the ice sheet biome.
>easier surgeries
I have no idea what this even does, is it the "no random surgeries" mod? I probably thought it was, if it's something else I'll remove it.
>fuses
Here's a weird thing, I played for a while with zero fuses, and had no BZZTs at all. What's up with that? Otherwise, I have a shitload of power-related mods that can be configured so that you have battery backups separated by automatic switches and things like that, so it's functionally the same I think, should I remove those too?
>nerve stapling
Literally no idea what that is.
>tranq turrets
I tried this one on a dev mode prison, and it didn't work that well, what's the problem with it though? I originally wanted a sleeping gas or something like that but it doesn't exist.
>reuse pods
Haven't played with pods yet, they weren't in A15.
>care less about prisoners
If this does the "prisoner is guilty" debuff where people don't care about recently captured attackers, what's the problem?
>quicksaver
Removed that, I save manually anyway. It does the exact same thing as saving manually though?
>medivac
This was buggy, removed it.
>realistic darkness LIGHTER version
It's too light! I have to replace it.
>more trade ships
Haven't built the beacon yet so no idea how many of those there will be, this is again due to the ice sheet biome.

yeah, I mean the game is still in alpha though so the base game will improve over time.

>sleeping gas or something
Remote Explosives has sleep mines. You can also create tranq weapons and shit with some basic XML editing.

I thought I would have separate cells and a hallway with one tranq turret (which is enough for 1 prisoner escaping), but then I realized it would be better to have an open layout and just one toilet/shower/food dispenser. But that would mean that prisoners would escape all at the same time, right? Haven't tried it. Or would some just stay despite of the broken door?

Or it will go Minecraft route and go full meme.
As for first play, it's fun, got some lesson and I will ty again later.

>5500AD
>doesn't have a dedicated refrigerated corpse room
explain yourselves

i only play the base game and i think its great. the developer is really responsive and open to change and theres very little superfluous nonsense.
like every single piece of clothing has pros and cons for actual gameplay reasons and not just cosmetic. same with guns, although a few are direct upgrades but require huge investment.

If they all live in the same room then yes, they all escape together unless they're incapacitated.
Not much of a problem unless you have dozens of prisoners or all your pawns are on the other side of the map.
You can also just stick normal turrets in there, prisoners don't have the bullshit 66% to die when downed penalty.

>selling cosmic horror meals to tribals
GOOD GOYIM

I see, I'd like to use some fancy gimmick in the prison design though. I really liked the "put food dispenser in prison, and the hopper for it outside the prison" thing someone posted in an earlier thread for example.

Does anyone else have a problem with downed pawns trying to fap and falling out of their bed because of it?

sounds like a feature

I know you can set so pawns carry around things like smokeleaf and other drugs in their inventory, so if near break, they can immediately smoke up, but is there a way you can do it so your medics are always carrying some medicine? I'd love for if my pacifist medic was always holding ~5 glitterworld meds, for if someone gets shot and there is no time to haul them to the hospital.

I've looked through every menu, & can't find a way. Nothing online I could find about it either.

Does anyone have the a16 version of the cults mod?

l
l>
lx
l

Its on ludeon, looks for Cthulhu mods or do you want to be spoon fed like the babby you are?

Just google, rimworld alpha 16 Cthulhu mod.

>This piece bears an artwork of Bashkire "Judas" Leystrat becoming madly, violently insane while attempting to disrobe. He has lost part of his clothing. The image is totally devoid of both want and strife. The smiling head of an astrogator watches over all. The representation tells the story of Judas going berserk on 8th of winter, 5503.

Nevermind I'm fucking stupid. I thought you needed a patreon account/ to be supporting the modder on patreon for that link, and I have a less than legitimate copy so steam's a no go

Is it possible to uninstall mods and not break your save?

I installed the fucking furry mod along with the asaris and crystal people but the furries look like utter shit and have tons of stupidly strong gear. Want to remove it.

>Is it possible to uninstall mods and not break your save?
Depends if you have stuff from the mod left in your save, for small mods like more furniture you would probably only need to scrap the relevant items, but for whole factions and shit it will most likely break your save.

>"sure, my colony is big enough, I'm sure I could do with an extra hauler, worst case, I'll pick up an artist - sure buddy, I'll rescue you from the pirates"
Fuck off you edgelord piece of shit

>darkeye the hedgehog

>someone paid money for this

I would pay money for an edgelord character that can't do anything useful Tbh

I knew I should've declined when I read the name, but I just couldn't help myself.

The only upside is that I managed to save one of the decent pirates, and harvest one of the shit ones.

"Darkeye" Deathjack the straightedge, good at fighting, cannibal, is getting all the suicide missions from here on out. Literally coldsteel the hedgehog in rimworld form.

>not dropping 10k to lore yourself in as a god.

have him raid a bandit base alone and see if he can pull it off.

If he does, he's earned your respect, if he doesn't he's not your problem anymore.

I just bought this game a couple days ago. I've spent a while playing base builder with Phoebe and permadeath off. Someone said in the last thread the best way to play is rough with Cassandra and permadeath on. I want to try that out in a desert biome. About how hard will it be?

He'll do fine as cannon fodder, I'd rather put him in front of when facing mechanoids than any of my other dudes.

>About how hard will it be?
You will post here again about 2 hours later

>colonist leaves meat on the freezer door
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

I would rather the door slam shut and destroy the 7 rice.

>start new tribe
>your tech level is: industrial

what the fuck why is this supposed to happen?

is this because of mods or what?

Happens sometimes. Restart rimworld, should work.

did hcsk remove tech advancing

how do u rank the skills as far as 'im starting fresh and i need at least _competency_ in this or i am fucked, possibly on multiple pawns'

1. medicine
2. cooking
3. construction
4. shooting
5. research
6. growing
7. crafting
8. mining
__luxuries__
9. social
10. artistic
11. animals
12. melee

I try to just use the rng but if no one has construction I will reroll for it.

Is cooking really that important?

Cooking isn't too important. Construction, crafting, and growing are what I put high. Animals can be really good too, if you get a few and train them to haul.

Construction for obvious reasons, crafting for money / good quality weapons, growing for devilstrand & healroot.

Shooting doesn't actually impact accuracy too much, assuming it's at ~5 or higher. Below that, ability drops like a brick, but the benefits aren't huge above it. You get significantly more benefit from a bionic eye or masterwork weapon, than you do maxing shooting.

if ur best cook is like a 2 then youre gonna have FOOD POISONING FOOD POISONING FOOD POISONING for weeks

5 is probably the floor for having any kind of smooth start, maybe 4 at the worst. and you are probably gonna want 1 passion cook if you ever hope to make fine meals, although fine meals are fairly superfluous luxury. but getting the cooking mood boost from passion is certainly nice to keep his butt on the stove and not complain.

thats just my 2cents it may be wrong

Can boomalopes be trained as suicide bombers, or is it best not to bother with them?

I think so. I'd just be worried about someone bonding with one.

In livestock there are breeders and feeders. Breeders make more feeders which get killed.
Tldr: Make it a protected boomalope

-Vital-
1.Growing
>Being able to grow meds from the start is a huge help
2. Social
>Easier/faster recruiting. Hard to train. Rare. Iv never found/captured someone with high social.
3. Art
>It's the most expencive to train and the best source of income
4. Medicine
>obvious reasons
-bonus-
5. Shooting
>need to be able to survive the first raid
6. Animals
>Animals are a nice bonus, but training them costs food. The goal of the first pawns is to get lots of food.
-get the slaves to do it tier-
7. Research
>You want to find someone whos good at this, and nothing else. Starting with that person just makes the early game much harder.
8. Cooking
>Same as 7. Priority number 1 is growing enough food. Food quality comes later. Good growers can grow strawberrys that don't need to be cooked.
9. Crafting
>he will be crafting bricks, and nothing else. Bricks have no quality so level does not mater. It's easier to train up a low level crafter this way.
10. Construction
>same as crafting, no one cares if the walls were made by a lvl 20 master builder or a lvl 1.
11. Mining
>Anyone can mine. The bonuses for levels are minor.
12. melee
>It's melee. Mid game, with armor and shields, and plate steel swords ok. But if you have to melee early game, your already fucked.

while on the topic of boomalopes, how does releasing animals work?