Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

The Long Road demo:
dropbox.com/s/8u2t6pfmgzur65g/The Long Road.zip?dl=0

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VOvDTCbcHe0
mega.nz/#!qYUGAY5R!nAG0idGf-R9upYVogdXdvia5PbipX_kuiKIypjnXj4k
mega.nz/#!LZdikZSI!z1EkvL1k7pSOtu1XIkPrGxqx2yCRd5ua_BAlzFltTXc
mega.nz/#!WBNh1Z6Q!ZAe1AMH-ERGH3snzw0usW4uqx2cNbjuM4mIwQe-OWnE
soundcloud.com/mrmichaelgomez/out-on-the-town
youtube.com/watch?v=yjg6flu3zuc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit#gid=0
leotheheartdev.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

>Wake up
>Ded thread
This is not okay

Post progress Anons

Why don't you post progress first?

Working on filling out the facial expressions for Douglas.

Final repost. And your theme: youtube.com/watch?v=VOvDTCbcHe0

WORK ON THE GAME FAGGOT.

>I uploaded it on my mega, but it probably won't be there forever, so if someone could grab it and upload it in a proper place, I would be grateful.
>Maybe one could add it to a pastebin or something.
>In retrospect, I should've named the files better, please do that when you re-upload.

Full version, png
mega.nz/#!qYUGAY5R!nAG0idGf-R9upYVogdXdvia5PbipX_kuiKIypjnXj4k

S version, png (use this over jpg; it's actually smaller)
mega.nz/#!LZdikZSI!z1EkvL1k7pSOtu1XIkPrGxqx2yCRd5ua_BAlzFltTXc

S version, .jpg (in case something doesn't agree with png)
mega.nz/#!WBNh1Z6Q!ZAe1AMH-ERGH3snzw0usW4uqx2cNbjuM4mIwQe-OWnE

I just wanted to say that I learned a few things from that.
Thank you user.

We started working on how our elven mc waifu will actually look like.
I also overdosed on excel, but I have the stats of enemies and groundwork for skills done.
Next step, battler sketches so I can work on skill action sequences. But I have normie work, so progress will wait until weekend, sadly.

I just made it into an image, thank the user who actually wrote that shit, I'm sure he'll be pleased (I'm too dumb to make use of it all, but yeah, I learned something too. There's a followup in the last thread, check it out, I didn't have time to properly screenshot it though).

Do you make your walls 1 tile or 2 tiles high? Or are you a madman and do 3?

2 at minimum, 3+ usually. When I still made maps that is :(. Already on page 6, wtf. We're gonna die again tonight, aren't we?

She looks cute Is it a lewd game?

I don't use the normal tiles but I would suggest using a height of at least 2.

These look nice! You should start making maps again user.

Indoors? 3 minimum, sometimes 4 or 5 depending on how tall the building is.

Moar faces!

What makes a boss battle fun?

Make the fights crazy. The most memorable boss battles in a video game are the most craziest ones.

>Is it a lewd game?
Maybe. Definitely. Yes.

>>These look nice! You should start making maps again user.
Thanks. If only I had all the time in the world.

I really like what you're doing user. Your game is cute.

It's all about the theme. Check your music, graphics, sound effects, animations. Make it memorable by setting the scene to be both unique (with respect to your games typical encounters) and EXTREME.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Have some dialog to test how the facial animations flow.

Now I like him even more.
As a side note, Daffy is best.

Teach me how to get into music

play a lot of it.

Would this be neat overworld music for a city?
It's not final but probably something close.

soundcloud.com/mrmichaelgomez/out-on-the-town

forgot link, kek

Bump

How many of your characters are expies from other games?

Not sure what expies mean.
Like inspired by?

Any BUMPing mechanic in your game?

bump

You are working on your game, yes?

Today's Song of the Day: youtube.com/watch?v=yjg6flu3zuc

My 5th grade teacher used to play this song all the time in class. I was so excited when I finally discovered it after almost 15 years.

Any more lessons for us senpai?

Stay alive

>I'm too dumb to make use of it all
It sounds like my mistake. If you don't understand something, want a clarification, or have a question on how to use something or how something I said works, just ask. I'd be happy to help.

I tried to tone and pace myself as if speaking to people with absolutely no background in this kind of stuff, but I think at a few parts I slipped into assumptions of skill anyways.

I wasn't planning on it. Most of everything else can be found in

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit#gid=0

I don't think there's really anything else to say. The parts I called perception are what really needs honing, but it's a way of thinking about problems - I can't teach that, only show examples. It's just a matter of thinking of exactly what you want to do, what its components are, and working your way to that step by step, component by component.

Of course, doing so requires knowledge of the tools that are at your disposal, which can be found in the above link, as well as understanding how to use them, which comes with experience and, to be perfectly honest, asking fellow anons here in the general (which I've done my fair share of times. In fact, I spent over 3 hours with another user just trying to figure out how to use and change the game variables via script call (ie, $gameVariables.value(n), $gameVariables.setValue(n, x)) for MV once we discovered it was different from Ace.)

Likewise, I could do some more tips & tricks, I suppose. Like showing how to easily display variables on screen via pictures, or how to do Choices branches with more than 6 options (along with variable options, IE hide options for certain NPCs or hide responses already selected without needing like 10 repeats of the same Choices event. Or how to make clickable buttons for the mouse on screen.

Pic related is all the stuff I've saved in my journey with RPG Maker. I'll go over some when I finish dinner.

Nice. Do you use a mouse to draw portraits?

Yeah, too broke to get a pad.

Listen to a lot of it. Broaden your horizons

How do we not die tonight?

I'm already dead.

Finally got a development blog up!

leotheheartdev.tumblr.com/

Niiiice

By the power of progress

Well I'm still in the process of making my maps. Still no significant progress for story though. But I have an outline for the demo. By the time I'm finished I should have a story.

Wonder what this new collab game's protagonist will be like.

He will be like you
Cute

Wanna work on my game but also want to make bullshit music no one will listen to

Making music for your game is still progress

That's true. Keeps the juices flowing. Do people like more electronic sounding music or more acoustic instruments? I play guitar, ukulele and harmonica and want to have that as music but I don't think it really goes with my aesthetic graphics wise.

Bump

Bumpf

If you were to make a game that was based on Lady GaGa's music what would be in it? What would the story be? The setting?

Uh
Underwater exploration mystery shooter in third person

>on the fifth revision of my plot
>finally not as generic and plays around with the characters and setting more then itself
now if only my friends would be real with me and tell me if its shit or not, they always fucking tell me good job no matter what and if I ask to have it compared to anything else I've wrote I get the "Apples to oranges" bullshit.

Post it here

that's what happens when this generation is used to getting trophies even when they finish last.

"Everyone is a winner!"
"You did your best and that's all that matters!"
"Don't compare yourself to others."

I will once its all written up, but I can give you the tl;dr but it wont sound nearly as nice as it is on paper.

Basically an long time ago a bunch of op alchemists made a machine that could grant wishes and they ended up stabbing each other in the back and fucking up the machine's guardian turning it into a monkey paw machine instead. Years later the guardian of puts on a disguise and tells everyone about the machine because it's still set on kill rather then fuck. Now everyone is going mad because this thing is basically supposed to be ultimate power.

Got a bunch of Protagonists (9 or so, this was stylized after SD3) each with their own stories, basically the ultimate temptation of a wish that could resolve all their problems sends them out on a quest. The plots all converge at some point to touch upon how things got fucked up and the machine is busted and the Guardian is a cock.

I have a LOT of lore and sub plots and that's what I am using to drive the story rather then one big one. Touching upon the cast's desires makes things interesting and relatebale. as well as room for replayability because again like SD3, the text and plot changes based on who and what combo of characters you pick.

Ofc Im going to fuck myself in the ass with a canon ending.

GaGa's Bizarre Adventure

Well I can at least say this is kinda unique and interesting. Why did the guardian suddenly change protocol, though? The machine was lost for quite some time. Is it because the guardian gained consciousness and wished for the machine to be used again?

Not sure what SD3 is, though.
Having different parties with a different line ups sounds like a lot of work are you sure you can handle this?

>Comedic game parodying FF and other old NES titles
>Comedic game about politics

Which would be less autistic

My game starts off with a political catalyst. It's more policy driven though and affects his job. But he works it out and then the story really begins.

First

The Architects (Alchemists) were arguing over the best way to use the machine, a group defected and set the Machine to monkey paw the others. They end up all dying because of it.

SD3 is pic related, never came out in the west. There is a switch for party members on conditional branch, the way SD3 Did it was.
>Starter hero got an intro and a few dungeons and set endboss (ie, Hawkeye and Riesz share Archdemon but start off in different places.)
>Story converges with the Spirits/Godbeasts with a few details and plot devices swapped around.
>Ending and Endboss based on first char picked, three total.

I plan to do a lot more then that and expect a long ass road ahead of me, and even longer with the art but I think I can manage.

I like it. Also that's exactly why I named my game "The Long Road".

I'm sure he'll have a mediocre personality, a cool best friend, and a waifu/incest complicated thing going on or whatever. All the games are doing it.

I don't know why but this made me laugh super hard. Thanks user.

fucking hell. That was a good laugh.
Is this based on any game in particular? I'm thinking FF

Probably FF but a LOT of RPGs run this formula.

not lying holy cow I would play the fuck out of that game

up you go

how viable is having characters walk to destinations after a final boss? As in there's no battles or anything but simply extending the end story?

I want to have a character confront someone they're scared to after the final battle and stuff and after some story, and don't know if that seems fine or if I should just make it more cutscene.

Good night bump

Some Dragon Quest games do this and Suikoden II did this. Suikoden II's was awesome, you should play it (and maybe the first Suikoden beforehand) if you're thinking about using this trope.

But in all seriousness we can't let this thread get to page 10

>10mb
damn, son.

up

Anyone doing transformation mechanics, something like Dragon Genes from Breath of Fire 3?

Make me a game.

bump again

bump

why is it dead today

I haven't touched rpg maker in five days because of work.
I feel so lazy.

aw it's ok friendo, take your time c:

Reminder to never join the Discord server, the admin is a literal obese tranny that kicked me for saying mean things about black """people""" lmao

Why are Discord communities always so autistic? I thought they were trolling at first.

pic related it's you

I'm not joining the discord cause I only lurk and I'm not making a game but if youre being racist you probably deserved it

No need to lie or hide yourself John "vivian" McBoy, I can see your bulge from miles

Everytime someone talks about the discord I see negative comments about that person. What did he/she do wrong?

The discord isn't for everyone, but I personally find it helpful to have instant conversation there and ready. Of course I'd never condone ignoring the thread in favor of the discord, but it has it's uses.

Let's not become /agdg/ and start to hate each other.

I'm seriously considering putting my game on Steam Greenlight right away.
Mostly because I have no idea how much Steam Direct will be and anything beyond 100$ is gonna be way too much for me and my third world country currency.

I'm new to rpg maker, I've been messing around with stuff in MV. I'm limited to A-E tabs right, I can't have more. Custom tilesheets/sets work with specific tabs in mind right. So I want to add more assets to a game can I switch out that tileset in A or something for something else, put something in my game, then go back to the default? So long as the tiles are in my game's folder is should all work right.

I was thinking about this as well. Do you know if you need a buisness liscense before you setup the dev account? Also, my game won't be out for 6 more months. Is that too long to go on green light?

Just ask your parents. If you don't have 100 usd to spare even in third world you must be underage.

t. Third worlder

He's cancerous. People talk offtopic all day but when you say something that he doesn't like you are sent to another channel. Plus fascist political correctness. They ban you if you don't agree with him.

What drama queen

Mine probably won't be done until 2019....
Well hey, Freedom Planet is a indie game that went greenlit on 2012 and released in 2014 so...

I'm 21 and can afford it, the main issue is that 100$ is 309 on my currency, and anything beyond 300 bucks is way too much for any currency.

Yeah pretty much. It's like they secretly want to be the Nazi's so bad that they find any little thing to get mad about and go to war. If you're not PC, you need to be killed. Kind of ironic actually, they have as much hate in them as actual racists. Probably even more because they actually do real world things and not just say them.

>I don't know why this humorous image made me laugh super hard
Yeah it's a mystery

live

here, probably gonna remake the first comic too
let me know if you want one that's better quality for the pictures. I squashed it to make it small but I can re upload it for those of you who like higher fidelity

don't die yet

here's the first comic

Good on you my man, keep doing this for the new ones (when they come out) if you could.