Post your BEST car life hacks

Post your BEST car life hacks

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/nig-approved/32758272656.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy a shitbox.

drink from the radiator hose when you're thirsty

Heat doesn't work? Route the exhaust through a cracked window using a garden hose & duct tape.

That's a pretty povo life hack, considering how cheap real ones are

Plus there's a rubber band in the way

Will fall down at the first speed bump.

I like how the rubber band is in the way but the ugly and bloated phone holder isn't.

if your car wont shift into reverse, take your foot off the clutch for a moment, and try again after a second

(why: no syncros in reverse)

buy a 90's japanese shitbox

never worry about anything car related

I seriously can't think of any. All I can think of is cheeky satirical ones.

Tired of paying for fuel? Just put the car in neutral and push it! Never pay for fuel again!

Oddly enough, this actually works

>tfw its just 1st with an idler gear
god dam it mowog

Shove tooth picks and clip metal ink pens with the belt clips in plastic trim that holds the headliner up in all of my cars. Protip: hit up drink mix section or party section of grocery store for colored ones if u want. Match clise enough to most interiors nobody will ever notice u have 48 toothpicks always on hand.

Maybe im just a hillbilly with bad teeth, but i refuse to be within 100 feet of a toothpick or an ink pen.

This. Not even ironically. I drive 5 fucking cars and tag and insure them for less than most people make one 2 fucking car payment.

Have 3 daily drivers and a plan to always have a way to trailer car home.

Have 2 shitbox toys i dont trust to make it all the way to work 7 miles away and sometimes don't.

Get on cl and fb every day and go in with a buddy or 2 on $500 cars to thrash into the junkyard all the time.

Not saying u cant have nice shit. I want nice shit. But i will restore my cars and buy a new one when i'm rich.

Sugar contains a lot of energy and isn't taxed to hell. Putting a few spoonfuls of sugar in your gas tank every time you fill up will add about 10% in power.

TOPKEK!

That face when u spend $2,000 on a crashed to fuck acura integra, headlight is out, autozone wants $100. Go directly home, rip out mazda pickup headlight out. Rip off bumper cover. Drill holes in jeadlight and bumper. Run 10 zip tires and wires. Drive 70 miles of dirt road and 25 of highway daily for 2 years to the floor sideways. Ramp the fuck out of it at work. Sell for $200 and a 42" lcd tv i still use daily.

>solid advice/10 user

Any nigger trick to not make the safety belt beeper work? I need to disable it on the passenger seat.

Just put the seatbelt on without putting anything on the chair, the beep will go away.

All you have to do is plug in the damn belt, CJ.

>never worry about anything car related
this is almost true but it should be "worry about everything car related"

More like I have to put my grocery bag in the trunk instead of onto the passenger seat.
Or I can buy this
aliexpress.com/item/nig-approved/32758272656.html

Or just shift into fifth, then reverse. Fifth synchronises reverse, no need to sit waiting.

>topkek
>that face when
>u
Is it your first day away from Reddit?

if you need a phone while driving, get an exhaust system to port directly through your back windshield, which will cause your death immediately!!

this
all 3 of my corollas cost less to buy register and insure than my brothers mazda 6

and they are fuck loads more fun

>nig-approved

>Breaking your shitboxes fragile plastic ac vents

If you own a shitbox, getting front and rear stress and strut bars makes a huge difference in handling. Doesn't even have to be fancy, goo old steel works.

A couple months ago, when our fuel prices skyrocketed and there was a fuel shortage, our fucking Ministry of Energy tweeted how "by avoiding traffic jammed streets you can save up to 35% on fuel consumption", in a fucking city where the average commute implies 2.5 hours stuck on traffic.

Can confirm. You'll be warm for the rest of your life!

Alligator clamps provide better sound than even fibre optic!

Is that a cap in the bottom left?

>not having a magnetic vent clip

heh

Cut the top off a soft soda bottle to keep near your washer fluid filler as a funnel to avoid spilling fluid.

You could also get a normal funnel...

All I found were too wide and also made of a stiff plastic that wouldn't be crumpled safely into that little spot.

Kill yourself

dont want your car stolen?
make them start and stay in fucking 5th if they can manage to get it started

My brother got a seat belt clip from the scrapyard and just used that instead.

however, don't jew on a shitbox

used cars are all about comrpomise between paying money on car purchase and paying money some time after purchase (for parts that were broken on the start or broke right after using the car a bit).

Use seat belt buckle to open beer bottles while driving.

>it's a bottle opener

it's like you really want to die with your car

Use the car's jack to push those pesky caliper pistons in

Put condoms on your tailpipe to avoid those damn birds making nests in your muffler.

Velcro strips one on the dash one on the phone . Cost 2 dollars and works perfect

Except you have Velcro on the back of your phone? You'd be better off using magnets then putting a magnet in a phone case.

ITT: horseshit car tech

yeah it has velcro on the phone but its really thin and not an issue

Nice one, fagtron.

>unscrew shift knob
>?????
>profit

Thank

>Sugar contains a lot of energy

This is actually true.

I see what you did there.

Yeah, that's why it works great as a cheap power booster.

Where do you life if this is a problem?

Hitchhike to save fuel

This so much. I paid $1000 for a 2002 Buick Century that only needed an oil change and new spark plugs and has never failed. Best damn $1000 I ever spent.

but a c-clamp is cheaper and lighter, user

why is australia so scary and how do i become fearless and strong like these cunts

super glue it down

>fearless
a hitchhiker murderer isnt scared because nobody murders the murderer. Its like being scared of muggers when you're a mugger yourself, nothing really stops you
>strong
live in rural australia for at least 10 years of your adult life, you'll figure it out

You just have to grow up in it, it becomes the norm for you and everywhere else seems like it's full of pussies

be the life of the party with this amazing trick, your local law enforcement will envy you.

this is the lifehack that the DOT does not want YOU to know.

This. I'm shit at pouring fluids and it saves me so much time and mess

ITT: poorfags justifying their shitboxes

feels nice to make 35000 a year desu

The safety device is bolted down, dumbass.

this

>especially when its apex seals

>not using soda bottle as part of the engine

lmao @ ur lyf

>3 corollas
y tho

How often do you fill your washer fluid that you would need an always on hand funnel?

>6k rpm
>Drop clutch

>Extremely high compression ratios
>Bullshit

>tfw ill never have 3 corollas

I learned this the hard way, at the service the mechanic toldme to parkit somewhere else, and heard me smashing the gear box and told me "dude chill. Whenever this happens to you, you release the clutch and press it again".
Very nice tip

You can tighten the slack on a throttle wire with zip ties.

won't work

You can do it but it burns clutch pretty bad. Not even that hard, just patience and very gradual acceleration.

I'll admit I've cut a bottle in half and used it as a funnel for oil on more than one occasion.

vtech

>Any nigger trick to not make the safety belt beeper work? I need to disable it on the passenger seat.
There should be an electrical connector going to the buckle. Unplug that, and the light/chime should never trigger for that seat.

If the light/chime is always on instead, you might need to put a jumper between two of the wires on the car side of the connector (not the buckle side).

>being this much of a smug, self-righteous prick
>ignoring the fact that there are perfectly legitimate reasons to want to see your phone's screen while driving, such as using it for navigation