What is the ThinkPad of cars?

What is the ThinkPad of cars?

Volvo.

the hilux

Probably the CVPI.

>Functional and durable as shit
>zero fucks given about aesthetics
>bought new by business and government, then auctioned off to the general public
>new models (Taurus interceptor) perform better but just aren't the same

Fucking faggots.

The "good" thinkpads died around 2004 together with the PC branch of IBM.

Ha! Id guess the vic like your pick. Drive one every day and roll by thousands dor 2k. Got $850 winning bid on pic related right now even

Seconded
Also
>Easily user upgradeable
>Cheap as fuck

Overrated shit that's actually not very durable and has minor plastic shit break all the time? Something with the same capabilities and options, if not less, than better priced, but less memed vehicles?

The toyota corolla.

20 years ago or so the corolla was a great vehicle. Yes the plastic stuff breaks, but back then it didn't have this whole "reliability" meme around it and it was a cheap car. They're excellent and very versatile vehicles.

>it's an asus laptop owner

Thinkpad pre 2004:
Thinkpad after Lenovo:

>great
>even better

What's a better deal than a used thinkpad (or any other used business grade laptop)

Kek, my personal laptop is a gateway(Acer).. that has to be like the 80s Chevy Nova of cars.

delet this

You posted it m8

>Only knows Lenovo ThinkPad
Protip
If there's no IBM badge
It's not a ThinkPad

I had a '97 600E that lasted over ten years. My dad has end-of-production IBM T60s he still uses for work. I'd love to get one to replace my Lenovo E430 """Thinkpad"""" since it can only really be used for roughly the same things the T60 can do these days.

IBM ThinkPads were built like tanks with heavy steel chassis and very thick, durable plastic. Lenovo has neither.

>buys a shitty dirt cheap model
>hurr durr lenovo is bad
Stop being a retard and get X, T or W.

But those have the same problem and bad keyboards. IBM literally won the keyboard game 20 years ago and everything since has been worse.

"The ThinkPad of ________" is a new one to me. I assume it's supposed to be like the classic "AK-47 of ________."

I think an AK-47 comparison makes more sense, especially for mechanical stuff. It invokes a lot of ideas- ubiquity and repairability, availability of parts, reliable if unspectacular performance, etc. In motorcycles a lot of people like to say it's the KLR650 (but it's probably the Supercub). For cars I think it would have to be one of these.

T series is exactly the same as it was except for a couple of bad models in the past. W series is a thicc T. X are the best laptops at the moment. Chiclets are actually very pleasant to type on once you stop being a stubborn 'muh blue buttons' fag and adjust in like 3-4 days.

miata

Regular cab white silverado

Plastic hinges and chicklet keyboard would like to have a word with you, homes.

That's like the early 2000s Hyundai.

Cheap if you're a grandmother who uses it infrequently, but is actually terrible terrible garbage.

Gateway sold the worst shit I've ever seen with the exception of Dell. Dell is if Mercedes sold Sangyong tier vehicles. Crap quality, not that cheap, and horrific to repair.

First post best post, ThinkPad is the CVPI.