byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/14128
youtube.com/watch?v=OKxGg_PtmUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah.

contribute to the wiki

Which server is this from? It looks sick as fuck.

1st for fuck niggers, kikes and catbeasts

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/14128
fuck 2-handed shotguns? [y/n]

"Russia station" is a name no one uses, it's not useful

I am about 90% sure that's from CEV-Eris.

When I think of nerfing shotguns I think of buffing wizards, and I want the wizards to be buffed

>multiple floors
OVER THE FUCKING LINE

Can we just scrap vox raiders game mode and make alien abducting game mode instead?

>5 Grays spawn on a UFO
>They have to steal multiple organs and implant trackers into the crew
>They get cool plasma weapons incase they're discovered
>The crew can play old 50's music to blow up the grays

Maybe its me user, but there us a shotgun nerf and there is making shotguns trash to use.

I'd be all for this. I enjoyed playing bootleg-abductors when Dragonbro did it.

I didn't get 1st but waifus are still shit

Cool concept, but giving them lethals will make everyone just play them like ops. Give em laser tasers instead.

They didn't seem so bad to use to me.

That seems even more like a side antagonist than heist.

This hud is fucking atrocious

CHECK THE FORUM
MORENAS BAN APPEAL DENIED

Nth for cult engine

>you can see the z-level below you through holes in the floor
cool shit

Maybe the implants slowly start turning those implanted into human/alien hybrids who gain telekinesis or super strength.

Didn't really think this through too much, just spitballin

It did to me user, it felt really bad, forcing the two hand and the whole control change.

Wizard Federation > Syndicate > Nanotrasen > Cult of Nar'sie >>>>>>>>>> POWERGAP >>>>>>>>>>> anything Vox related

Doctor Acula will be attending for the department of hematology beginning next shift.

I really liked the needing two hands part, personally.

Solution to the shotgun problem: make every shotgun able to be sawed off, but give a chance of dropping it or a chance of getting brute damage on your hand/arm when fire it

Ah, yes, RNG

What quality game design

>tator robutticist
>hack a borg to get the HoP jumpsuit
>AI starts complaining about an unlawed borg
>decide I need to silence the AI
>build a railgun without realizing there was fuck all power in the grid
>go to the singulo thinking I could get more charge in the capacitor there
>some miner comes in and turns off the field
>die, but my bag of holding eats the singulo

An odd feeling

That makes them even stronger

what problem are you specifically referring to

I was not aware shotguns had any real problems in their current state

>Try out xenoarcheology for the first time.
>First artifact I find turns me into a horrible copy of a clown and I die from exposure to space.
Still, it was fun.

so if you pull a pet mob then climb into a wheelchair you effectively turn off its ai until you get off the chair

useless but neat

try to use a shotgun now. Now try to use a energy gun. Now tell me which one is better to use and more effective in combat

>thinking the singulo will be ever capable of generating 1GW
you're delusional

if you want 1GW you need to autism with the sme and teg

Okay, fine, make it so it's a 100% to hurt yourself or drop it unless you get swole, then push it at the same time as the nutrient and strength change when that gets done. so probably never

are goon's maps copyrighted?

>check out my ckey/static name in fireden archives
>Error: no results

What's the emote to wiggle as a MoMMI?

To be fair user, if you supercooled plasma and moved the collectors much closer to the singulo, the output becomes much higher. Maybe not 1GW, but still a good start.

>tfw after playing for 3 weeks i finally manage to get my first antag total victory

paralysis pen too stronk, jesus

15 u chloral 15 u ethanol 15u water 15u chloral 15 u chloral
empty an autoinjector, slam that shit in

It's not hard, thermals, patience, and an esword is all it usually takes for me. I understand that an ebow would compliment the sword better, but I'm not a massive faggot

>randomly bring up wanting to open doors in the station to make it a free environment with some guy in dorms
>by a complete miracle, he's a traitor
>he hands me an emag and says "godspeed"
>begin hacking every single door on the station, much to security's dismay
>they chase me for ages
>get caught (by some random guy, victor sheets)
>he walks up to me
>this is it, this is the end
>"psst i'm a traitor too, what's the code word"
>"I have no code words. I simply want to open doors."
>"wanna go raid security together and open all the doors?"
>"Yes."
>he has two chloral autoinjectors, we go and open all the doors
>get caught, but he chlorals the warden who found us
>we escape but i lose track of him
>continue opening doors
>accrue so much heat that i have to swap identities and get a new outfit from my stolen autodrobe
>hack more doors, come within inches of security officers shooting at me, escape because maintenance has literally no closed doors so it's ridiculously easy to lose 'em
>announce my grand plans over radio and security channel
>sec thinks me and victor were changelings because of the autoinjector
>shuttle gets called
>change identity one more time
>going to go quick-send the shuttle
>wait by it
>security officers walk past, sweating bullets, antag shakes even as nonantag
>shuttle lands
>rush toward the doors
>sono flashes me 4no raisins, just out of random suspicion
>drags me into the security area as somebody else emags the shuttle, thank god
>he pulls off the mask
>"Did you expect me, Sono?"
>"IT'S HIM HOLY SHIT"
>ask to be spaced so i can be one with the universe
>get beheaded by three people simultaneously instead

Still worth it

Well, the goons' usual position is "well we don't care so go ahead".

Fast forward 6 months and the repo gets DMCA'd by a goon. (But it was JUST A PRANK BRO!)

This shit is why I'm so paranoid about getting people to ask permission when we port shit from other servers.

>victory

>check my ckey/static
>ends up someone was false flag self shilling me for the months I took a vacation away from space and Veeky Forums

Well I guess that explains a few things.

The shotgun is retardedly strong if you can actually land a shot. The strength of the egun is in RoF and its ability to stun, whereas the shotguns strength is its ability to hit and run and guarantee death with internal bleeding. The shotgun can be very effective in the right hands, it's just that nobody really uses them anyway because the idea of one shot stun+higher RoF+higher capacity is more appealing than outright fucking somebody up.

The shotgun is more desirable in some situations than an energy gun, which is perfectly fine imo. Against wizards it's pretty fucking great. Against people with ablative/energy shields it's pretty great. Against people that can't easily get medical treatment it's pretty great. In most other circumstances the high tech energy gun will be more effective. I have no problems with this.

also shotguns are pretty great against juggernaughts/wraiths/melee users in general desu

so what your saying is you helped an antag as non-antag? best hope no one ahelped it

I was recently reminded that TG literally doesn't have soldering irons

>emag hell

that entire incident was because of a single gooncoder going full autism. As soon as it happened goon disowned him and denied involvement. Apparently they lawyered up to attempt to sue the guy for false representation

wienermaster69, is that you?

>4. Teaming up with an antagonist is fine from time to time if you've got a good reason, but make sure you adminhelp and get an OK before you start killing people or whatnot.
I definitely didn't want to kill anyone. Actually I'm pretty sure neither the first traitor or Victor even got a kill all round.
All I did was open doors, man.

Wasn't a coder. It was a mentor which is like a baby tier admin that just answers questions.

He wrote some tiny ass script to load a file with actual code that we never used but put in our repo because we thought we might need it.

In fairness, it was not included in the public open release and we got it from the leak.

And as you said, Goon immediately took a shit on him.

>no shit posting stay out of it
>meanwhile (s)he went into everyone else's appeals and shit them up

Who wants to bet they will stick around in the discord to try and get the perma removed.

problem is that 90% of all threats can be dealt with easily and efficiently with the eguns stun followed by lethal dump on the target. Ablative and E shields can by bypassed by aiming for the legs and cult constructs are rare. The only real time a shotgun is better than a egun is wizards or really weird adminbus related fighting since ion related threats outside of magic nerds is rare.

>Nanotrasen Relation: Opposed

Yknow, normally I'd be happy about this, but I enjoyed watching him squirm whenever I outright ignored him even when we were working in close quarters in the same department.
I don't have anyone to do that to now. Kinda makes me sad.

Have you ever intentionally collected valids without a lust for them?

Is there a way to deconstruct a floor entirely just with standard tools, to open up a block into space?

Or is it just drills/damage?

it's ling

RCD / drills / damage

Yeah. Some random chick blasted the CMO in surgery once, came out, I pushed her, took her Egun, tazed and lased, then just tagged and bagged her and went about my day bringing the CMO back.
I don't think it really hit me that I had just offed somebody.

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

the railgun has shit damage scalling, i say that because i tested it and looked into the code

the thing that makes it shine is exactly 1GW, wich makes the damage jump from 90 with 900MW~999MW to 200 with 1GW and it's able to gib and penetrate walls

it's only worth the risk if you're a pipe wizard

Never forget

Ah the RCD, that's what I was missing. Thanks!

>when a pack of autists collect their valids on you IRL

>been playing for 5 years
What the fuck

>been playing for two years
>barely even remember half of last year

space has stolen my time from me

Lyra is a patrician tier waifu, yeah?

lmao how you gon fuck a burning skeleton nigga

No.
There are no waifus. Only trash tier whores, the kind of people Shiggy would waifu.
WFU stock has crashed and it's not going to rise any time soon.

now is the age of HSB

>not implying all servers shouldn't have lifeweb like ERP
It even get's rid of the creeps that actually want to ERP m-most of the time

replied to the wrong post lmao

well the thing is most threats can also be easily and efficiently dealt with using a shotgun with lethal rounds loaded. All it takes is one shot to pretty much end somebody, once you get that initial slowdown with the shotgun it's pretty much over in a gunfight, as long as you don't rush headfirst into the desperate last stand that somebody is going to put up once they know they've been hit by a shotgun slug.

See, there aren't really a whole lot of differences between a shotgun's and an egun's effectiveness when you really break it down. It's about the same difficulty to land an egun shot as it is a shotgun slug. What are the differences? After you stun somebody with an egun, you have to switch to lasers. If you don't have enough ammo after a protracted firefight, you might not even be able to kill somebody. You can hit them to death pretty easily, but that takes time and you might have to stun them again or risk getting caught trying to bash somebody's brains in.

With a shotgun, you have to land two shots to really put somebody down usually. This makes it moderately more dangerous if you aren't careful, because after you land that first shot you are still susceptible to return fire. However, the person is now bleeding, may die even if they bandage themselves, and are now in a very vulnerable state. It's very easy to land the second shot. There is however the same problem that you may not have enough ammo to land both the first and second shots in a protracted firefight, depending on which type of shotgun you're using. This is usually less of a problem because it only takes one shot to really fuck somebody up, and two to completely end them.

There really is not a big difference in the combat effectiveness of the two weapons. There are differences that set them apart, however. Eguns can be carried in backpacks, and have non-lethal potential. For this reason they are going to be used by traitors who don't wear armor usually, and security who need stuns.

with a shotgun to end the fight you need 2 shots direct to take them down. 1 shot will leave them alive and capable of fighting for a little bit longer. With stun n done combat 1 non lethal shot puts you down for 10 seconds. 10 seconds is way longer than enough to do anything you could need to your target.

Yep. One time, a janitor was dragging a lizard around. I was a skeleton with a sword and shield, so I asked him what he was doing with that foul beast. He told me that if I wanted to slay it, I needed to get through him first. I asked him if that was a threat or a request. He told me it was a request, and that he yearned for death. I reluctantly obliged, and we went over the the chapel. I once again ask for his consent, and then I behead him after he says he wants it. Then, the chaplain swoops in and captures his soul with a soul shard. I ended up talking to him in the shard, wondering what the fuck to do now. I decided to create a ritual circle, using a red crayon and some teeth that I had acquired, then I prayed for a body for him. God decides to oblige, so I made him into a peaceful artificer. Security saw that the chaplain was cool with it, so they didn't bother me. My new artificer buddy made a few soul shards and construct shells in the chapel, so I decided to advertise an "alternative healing" service. People would come to me, I would ask them if they would like to be like my son, and then I would make them take a vow. Then, I would ask if they wanted to be big, ghastly, or crafty. After that, I would behead them, shard them, and stuff them into a construct shell depending on what they answered. God also gave me the power to understand and speak in cult tongue, so I could communicate with my family. I ended beheading probably over a dozen people before the shift was over, and the entire south side of the station was cultified. I'm so proud of my sons, I believe they killed a vampire that screeched on the shuttle.

First of all that's not necessarily true, and secondly one shot from the shotgun is really all it takes to effectively end a fight. Sure they can still shoot, but now they can be shadowed if you're sure they can't heal themselves, you can set the terms of every following engagement, and it's just a hell of a lot easier to land the second shot that will probably straight up put them into crit.

Sure 1 shot to put someone on the ground versus 2 from a shotgun sounds nice, but when it comes to actual fights there's a lot more to it than that. Once again, in a protracted firefight you might end up with very few charges left on a single egun which is why traitors and validhunters will always carry more than one if they can so you may either not have enough charges left to laser a well armored person into crit, take your time beating them to death, which can end in more help arriving if you're killing an officer, or you will have to switch to another gun, in which case we are no longer arguing about the effectiveness of an egun vs shotgun, but a shotgun vs two other guns.

I've had plenty of times where a traitor was not able to finish me off because they used up 6-7 charges of an egun and shot my armor. This usually ends in a stalemate where the traitor can run off and set the terms of engagement later, or with them in cuffs or dead. I've also had plenty of times where a traitor tried beating me to death through my armor after stunning me when help was already on the way. This usually ends with the traitor in cuffs, a traitor on the loose running away from sec, or in the pretty rare case, a dead sec team.

>Morena's ban appeal was denied

whenever i ask the ai what to be and it says be a sec borg

i tend to get really lucky like chasing a guy with super speed and when i catch up he was just floored for no apparent reason at all so i just stun and cuff with no effort

Now as for shotguns, there is one time off the top of my head that I can think of where a fight wasn't over after somebody got the first hit with a shotgun. That was when a cargo tech shot me, but was already so wounded he couldn't run away and utilize the effectiveness of the shotgun in hitting and running. I bumrushed him and stunned him point blank. Now in this case, it probably would have been better for him to have a taser. But that's the only case that I can think of where this has happened.

Every other time, the person who hit somebody with a shotgun pulled back and used the opportunity they created to wait for another more favorable opportunity to shoot somebody that second time. I personally had this happen to me one time when I was fighting security and had the ablative vest on. The HoS shot me, pulled back, and waited for the opportunity where he could easily shoot me again, avoiding the downtime where he had to pump his shotgun, letting me bleed, and denying me the opportunity to end the fight quickly on my terms with my eguns. This is how you properly use the shotgun, everything from the tactics used to the time to use it, because of the ablative vest, was correct.

I just wanted to point out that it's really not so simple to compare the two. A shotgun still usually ends the fight on its first shot, there's just a little more involved than one shot+laser magdump. There's also more going for the shotgun in this case to make up for that. It takes fewer hits to put somebody into crit, there's the potential to kill somebody after one shot if they can't get medical treatment, and there's also the ability to straight up damage somebody on every shot. If the damage was so bad that you didn't get a massive slowdown and major bleeds, I'd agree that the shotgun would need fixing. But as it stands, one shot is usually all it takes to effectively end a fight.

Once in engineering a guy said he was bored with the shift and tried to break oneof the TEG's gas chambers.

Another engineer and I caved his skull in with oxygen tanks while the AI watched.

It's really easy to tell you've never actually been in any situation even remotely relevant to this theoryfaggotry.

The fuck are you guys talking about "2 shots"?

One hit with a shotgun puts a person in deep red, and they'll be crit and done in seconds afterwards without any further action, and even if they bandage themselves.

>admin bus a wizard trio to kill the spawn camping wizard
>ahelp to join it
>spawn
>nobody says anything
>think i can do whatever i want
>just summon guns 4x and get the firebird like i always do
>wizard boss goes "oh well, now the station can kill him now, i guess it works"
>kills himself with a C20-r
fug, i felt like tshit

>Join, time for MD
>Wizards are setting up a come-n-construct at arrivals pods
>One wiz is hurt, but neither seem to hear me or want my help
>Another wizard is around, as guns start raining from the sky
>Captain joins, give them a pulse rifle
>They wander off
>The two wizards and construct army have bumbled off, time to see what they left
>A soul stone and a construct shell, bingo
>Time for some alternative medicines
>Everything's going swimmingly, I've got an artificer, and a wraith, no idea how to talk to them though, and no replies from the gods about my predicament
>Zenny joins, grabs a laser rifle, and instantly gibs my fucking artificer
>Meanwhile me and another MD are just standing next to it, calmly talking
>Go home with about 15 dozen corpses and a wraith made of Lyra
>Walk out, can't see the captain for my lower HUD, he oneshots me with the pulse rifle

Everything would go much nicer if people could talk

Sure, if they're naked and fresh off the boat.

That round was in large part my fault. I though it could be fun to kill the spawncamping wiz with other wizzes (and then have the wizards removed again because otherwise you'd have 3 wizards instead of 1).
>DEAD: ADMIN(Kammerjunk) says, "Anyway, jump here if you wanna be the anti-wiz wiz squad. Mind that it will involve going there, hunting down the wiz, killing him, and getting "extracted" because otherwise we suddenly have 10 antags instead of 1"
This must have gotten lost in all the messages because someone spawned guns instead.
I should've expected something like that to happen and just sent gunmen instead.

>One hit with a shotgun puts a person in deep red
Note that the shotgun rework added 20 brute to normal shotguns and 15 to combat.

my pc lagged and i didn't saw the message
sorry i dropped the ball hard

I've played pretty much nothing but security on this server for the past two years, and pretty much nothing but security on other servers a year before that. I'd like to think that at this point I really know my shit, and everything I say comes from both careful, thoughtful deliberation AND experience.

That's not always true though, especially against armored opponents. And if you don't get internal bleeding against somebody and they DO bandage themselves at some point before oxy damage and major blood loss kicks in, they're going to keep chugging on until you put that last slug into them. That's a good point though, and one I tried to touch on, that it doesn't ALWAYS take two shots to kill somebody, and one shot does occasionally have the potential to put somebody down as is, especially if they don't have the means to get medical treatment in the case of wizards who don't know where the first aid kits are.

Yeah, and it's combat shotguns I'm talking about, the weaker one, too.

Don't even have to be naked, just clothed and unarmed, or hit on an unarmed body part or a good face shot.

It reaches all the way across the station without losing chance to hit, too, which is stupid.

I forgot to post this

Was a fun round, even if there was a lot of death

>bubblegum slaughtering everyone on Veeky Forums thanks to an ashligger bringing it on-station
holy fuck

it's a fun game

so since if you grab someone then buckle they remain grabbed, even if you just wheel elsewhere on a wheelchair (which lets you stay in the grab state with someone while not moving them), can you do this to someone in cuffs to trap him in one spot forever?
cant find a way to test this on test serv

>You have been banned by gunosaguki.
Reason: Using someone elses static name. Attempting to ERP with said person's static name. Using static name to trick HoP into giving access to jobs the real static name has.
>no admin communication whatsoever
>no ERP was actually even attempted at all, this is literally made up
rly make u thk, I guess the metaclub truly is real.

Who were they disguised as?