/aog/ - Attorney Online General

spark edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=gpIt7WEPUDc
forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32422
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor
docs.google.com/document/d/1vlHmYkw2vkC7bnM4_4JEK3P3UVfv0oR10lNsigDpzG8/edit#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whoops, meant war face edition!

Great job, Mikotoba.

He needs a dark faced smoking emote too, just because he is that's 90's

>Recent Attorney Online updates
- AO2 2.2.2 public beta has been released! Check it out here: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Server was recently split into normal AOV and Crossover Court. Find out more information by going to the main AOV doc, and then the Crossover Court link.

>Recent Ace Attorney news
- New DGS 2 trailer: [YouTube] [Subbed!] Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 - January 2017 Trailer - youtube.com/watch?v=gpIt7WEPUDc
- DGS English Fan Translation demo is out. More information here: forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32422
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.

Previous case

Lazy shits.

>Lazy because Veeky Forums doesn't allow you to put that many characters into an opening post.

Dumb motherfucker.

>spark edition

>still keeping Apollo Justice in news

Lazy shit.

>Mistake
>Not wanting to tell people about AJ

Dumb motherfucker.

Sherlock Holmes Tier:
>Holmes

Useful tier: (Know law, emotionally supportive)
>Apollo
>Phoenix
>Susato
>Diego
>Layton
>Mia

Carries a shit case on his own tier:
>Blackquill

Great Tier: (May not know law, but aren't annoying, helpful)
>DD Pearl
>Ema
>Watson

Middling tier: (Know law, usefulness varies, occasionally annoying)
>Athena
>Young Raymond
>Franziska

LELSORANDUMB XD tier: (Don't know law, annoying, rarely helpful)
>Maya
>Kay

Useless Tier:
>Grossberg

Who gives a fuck tier:
>Espella

Literally sucking off the prosecution tier
>Trucy

Maya is great, you take that back.

Sherlock Holmes tier:
>Holmes

>Apollo
>Phoenix
>Susato
>Diego
>Layton
>Mia

>Blackquill

Great tier: (May not know law, but aren't annoying, helpful)
>DD Pearl
>Ema
>Watson

Your pal tier:
>Gumshoe

>Athena
>Young Raymond
>Franziska

>Maya
>Kay

Useless tier:
>Grossberg

Who gives a fuck tier:
>Espella

>Trucy

Move Ema down 1 or 2 and this is pretty accurate.

>holmes faggot jacking themselves off over a literal non-lawyer.
Disgusting.

>/aog/ faggot letting dumb memers color his perception of the objectively best detective in literature.

Shoo shoo.

There's plenty of evidence to keep Ema in great tier, I've conducted a thorough investigation of every assistant, and these are my findings for Ema.

>Gives you forensic evidence to help shed new light on the crime scene.
>Doesn't annoy you with MUH BURGERS MUH YATAGARASU MUH MAGIC, science is a respectable thing to like.
>As emotionally supportive as Maya, but actually helpful.

Updated to reflect Layton's lack of law knowledge.

Sherlock Holmes tier:
>Holmes

>Apollo
>Phoenix
>Susato
>Diego
>Mia

>Blackquill

Great tier: (May not know law, but aren't annoying, helpful)
>DD Pearl
>Ema
>Watson
>Layton
Your pal tier:
>Gumshoe

>Athena
>Young Raymond
>Franziska

>Maya
>Kay

Useless tier:
>Grossberg

Who gives a fuck tier:
>Espella

>Trucy

Ema is literally just Maya but with science instead of spirit shit. At the very least Gumshoe deserves to be above her, he's a way better detective.

>/aog/ faggot letting dumb memers color his perception of the objectively best detective in literature.
No i'm going off of the game, and his blundering, almost joking way he carries out his investigations. Without a watson/ryunosuke he is fucking godawful and why you are arrested AGAIN in the second case.

You're close, user. Ema is Maya with science, but isn't annoying.

>He hasn't played DGS

Holmes was working off the information he had available, and Ryunosuke being the only person in a locked room with a dead body made it easy for him to deduce Ryu was the killer. Later in the case he changes his deduction once new information comes up, and it helps Ryu figure out who the real killer is.

Furthermore, every Holmes story is canon in DGS, meaning that he had already solved dozens of cases and defeated Moriarty. Just because he's goofy doesn't mean he's incompetent.

>In a locked room with the body
>In a closet thing he had no way of resealing once inside, so he had no way of coming out in the first place.
>Ryu has to guide his braindead ass to real deductions.
Yes i will admit he had solved dozens of cases prior, but he had WATSON, either in the form of his friend, or adoptive daughter guiding the madness in his genius.
I'm sorry but holmes alone is a retard, he needs joint reasoning to be effective.

You're correct in that he needs someone to help him iron out his reasoning, but calling him retarded is going a bit too far.

Often in DGS, his deductions are correct, but for the wrong reasons. He needs Ryu to iron out the small details to reveal why he's correct, but without the deductions in the first place, Ryu wouldn't have a clue what to do.

In short, Holmes is a genius, but often he needs people of lesser intelligence to ground his theories in reality. This is how it worked in the original stories too; Holmes would often sit with Watson and discuss his cases to fix any flaws his theories may have.

Yes but then you compare him to someone like miles edgeworth, who engages with logic battles with his foes and completely dismantles them mentally. He does not need a partner for logic chess, he just DOES.
So with your reasoning, Miles Edgeworth is more effective than sherlock holmes.

Miles never uses analytical deduction in his investigations, so the comparison between the two isn't apt. Holmes never sets out to prove someone wrong, either, he just wants to figure out how someone did a crime.

And from the way every person freaks out when he deduces their crimes, he's always correct.

And miles as well seeks out HOW they did the crime, seeing he want's to arrest the proper man.
But i do see your point.
I also counter with all of his "deductions" of course make people flip out, because without the helper to iron it out, it's absolutely ridiculous.
>first accuses ryu of being Russian defector
>Then nikomina.
The man tunnel visions like hell.

Hmm... It appears we've a conundrum on our hands. This anonymous poster doubts my deductive reasoning, does he? Well, let's see if we can't surprise him!

From the start, you may notice that the image he has chosen is from tumblr, a website universally reviled on Veeky Forums. Only someone unfamiliar with Veeky Forums culture would leave a tumblr filename intact, and if you'll recall, one person has shown a remarkable unfamiliarity with Veeky Forums culture.

That's right, I'm referring to Verin! This man regularly posts in the general to defend himself from accusations, has in the past admitted to not knowing how to delete posts, all suggesting that he is a new addition to Veeky Forums. Thus, the tumblr filename makes sense, for he does not understand how this site works. Furthermore, he has repeatedly used this skeleton Miles image in past threads!

To the next point, you may notice the posting style: a wonderfully devout obsession with logic, something Verin tries (emphasis being tries) to adhere to, this is supported by the numerous times he has stated to hate illogical asspulls. Furthermore, there is that telltale emphasis of a word in all capital letters.

All of this lead me to deduce the identity of the poster is none other than Verin himself!

But I must profess that you are not entirely incorrect in regards to my method. Without my dear assistant Ryunosuke, I daresay my brilliance could not be so honed and precise!

Alright holmes, you have made a sound reasoning or two, and i can appreciate the effort you put in to insult me, but you forget very obvious points about me that tear apart your argument.
1.The Tumbler photo.
I myself to not browse tumblr, i find all of my pictures with google and typically save them as is, meaning a large portion of the time, i am pulling pictures from places like tumblr. The name remains the same simply because i'm lazy, like so many around here.
I do like logic, and while i can be a little illogical to someone else's (Namely you) mind, i tend to make sense to myself and i do make some form of point with the things i say, even if i need to be pulled back. And when i am not wrapped up in a meme, i am quite able and capable of precise deductions about the situation at hand.
I do not have a unfamiliarity with our culture either, i just am of a more uncaring mindset of our ways, i see them as barbaric and uncouth.
But yes, otherwise good show holmes, you stated the obvious.

見て、私の究極の攻撃!

This is Trucy-chan! She is very cute! Let's five things Trucy-chan is good at!

Trucy-chan is cute!
Trucy-chan is talented!
Trucy-chan is funny!
Trucy-chan can please her man!

She keeps her Moet et Chandon in her pretty cabinet
"Let them eat cake" she says just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy for Cruschtschow and Kennedy, at anytime an invitation you can~t decline...

Caviar and cigarettes, well versed in etiquette
Extraordinary face...

She's a killer Queen!
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamiet with a laserbeam,
guaranteed to blow your mind - anytime

Ooh, recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?

To avoid complications she never kept the same address
In conversations she spoke just ilke a baroness

Met a man from China,
Went down to Geisha
Minah, then again
Incidentally if you're that way inclined

Perfume came naturally from Paris,
for cars she couldn't care less,
fastidious and precise

She's a killer!
Queen, gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laserbeam.... GUARANTEED TO BLOW YOUR MIND! (anytime)

this is some quality thread bumping

This is autism.

Stop posting your commissioned Atmey memes.

Adding emote when?

That Ranma 1/2 case was such a great case.

doc?

>commissioned
Nigga i just looked this all up on google.
Get on my level.

>Somebody finally saved one of my pictures
I'm honored.

You need to play attention to the thread more, we try to save all player made pictures.

What in the absolute fuck is with this oversaturation of Atmey images in the thread?
It makes my stomach churn whenever I see him here now.
Atmey images feel like an unfunny normie made meme at this point.

docs.google.com/document/d/1vlHmYkw2vkC7bnM4_4JEK3P3UVfv0oR10lNsigDpzG8/edit#

Should we make an archive of these?

Because of Verin

Reminder that there is literally not a single reason this general should exist

Well, how about you bump the thread then when it's at 10, and i'll just stop, and if the thread dies, it can be your fault~

There are a few, the two biggest being that people simply do not check other doc based platforms we have, and content creation feedback.

Fine I will

>Why are people posting edits of a funny Atmey player?!

Sweet, i won't go to bed at 4am tonight trying to keep the thread alive.
Thank you user.

>people
It's mostly just Verin posting edits of himself.
He just complained on >discord how somebody in the thread bitched about him posting Atmey all the time.

Eat shit

>do not check other doc based platforms we have

They'd have to if the thread didn't exist

>content creation feedback

Easily done in-game. There is literally no reason for this thread to exist.

That one too! Goody goody.

Wrong, i complained someone can't post a picture when the thread is at 10 without bitching.
Which is retarded.
It's AO content, and it's thread relevant, and it keeps the thread alive. Hell, we are on page one as of this post, which is pretty rare.
Busy night.

Okay boys, post Gregs.

>I hate Verin so everyone must hate him.
>Verin is behind it all! It's all Verin!

well it does so too bad for you

How do you replicate that effect?

Everyone does hate Verin though.

I think i have a couple of gegs amoungst all my screenies...lesse.

One of the very first signs of the Greg we know of today

If you want to keep this cesspool of shitposting, drama, and namedropping alive feel free.

I'm just warding off any others who might want to bump this shit and """""help""""" out. There is literally no reason for it to exist.

Nigga it's just bait.
Shit like this is just said to egg me out of user, and i appreciate the effort used to shitpost, and to an extent, it is creative thread bumping.
Better than a ded general imo. Just keep it out of game.

>Easily done in-game. There is literally no reason for this thread to exist.

Except IC and OOC logs are not permanent records that are there for your viewing pleasure 24/7.
Unless you are awake and on AO and in the correct area when somebody asks for feedback you are going to miss it.

You're not everyone.

Greg is a cringey reddit-tier meme.

>the threads that constantly 404 unless babysat are more of a permanent record

Yeah, good point.

Then you're stuck in this shit like the rest of us user, just like any other thread on this forsaken board

>cringey

You have to go back.

Except there are permanent records of Veeky Forums threads on archive sites.
You can go pull up the very first general and read ecery post in it right this second.
The thread hasn't 404'd in about a week or so, lay off the hyperbole.

>content creation feedback
I agree. The thread always gives dim witted feedback, shitposting, or it's feedback that's already been given ingame by someone else.

let it die

I dunno what you are talking about geg is the best.

You first, redditer.

Cringe.

"Cringe" is literally the most reddit shit on the fucking planet, go the fuck back and stay there.

This is my favourite Greg screencap
how about you?

Only the best one

Already posted it.
He took Verin and btfo'ed him, it was glorious.

Here's my favorite

>Redditor telling everyone what words to use.

Cringe.

Does anyone have the Egypt one?
That's my favorite Greg, but I can't seem to be able to find it.

Dumbass faggots arguing about a stupid word because they can't live 10 seconds without being confrontational

Why was DD trying to be so edgy?

Because, athena is a mary sue, and mary sue's have edgy stories

DD was edgy shit but it gave me my favorite AO running joke

>something minor/inconsequential happens in a case
>Dark Age of the Law.mp3

>prosecution does a shitty rebuttal
>Judge goes with it
>DARK AGE OF THE LAW.MP3

Supposedly, the Dark Age of the Law meme was referenced more in the jap version of AJ but it got lost in translation