/ovg/ - Obscure Japanese RBR Mods Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!yh9XzYzC!Zun6uu9nSJG4fmkBPzR3GMTBFf6I0hcch3AfLzwTHEM
autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: DTM 2013 traitors
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/CARS/A-F/DTM 2013 v1.01 inkl Track Pack.rar
mediafire.com/file/rvpm93tby4j5dx3/DTM 2013.7z
mediafire.com/file/ux4thq7avy05w25/Hockenheim.7z
mega.nz/#F!kNEXQKZY!Z9n5zDBo36sHR7hRPfuCBg
mega.nz/#!lYtFWagT!88T3ebiG-ntpC9mDA37L9SrauT1Zab4YbRXpU0Poy8k
youtube.com/user/P1MediaOfficial/featured
hitbox.tv/p1-gaming
youtube.com/watch?v=HNwx2oH51Mc&feature=em-lss
a.uguu.se/CwW6mZLb8CtN.webm
twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for CART 88.

Fuck off, we know you like project cars 2 more.

Assetto Corsa finally got official OpenVR support! If you have a Vive you can use this instead of emulating the Oculus software and you'll get a few more FPS.

I'm still amazed at how real racing feels in VR. I can only remember two times while racing with a monitor that I wasn't thinking about playing a video game and actually felt like I was driving my car, but in VR the game is almost removed completely. I actually feel like I'm driving a car and can tap into that muscle memory better even with my poor DFGT pedals. I will say though that the resolution on the current headsets isn't great, so it's hard to see corners coming up from in the distance, especially ones after a long straight -- sometimes you don't have time to react like you could with real-life vision. If you're thinking about getting into VR right now, I'd probably wait for the next generation of headsets. Or you could jump in now and sell your headset and graphics card when the next gen of graphics card releases like I plan to do. Can't wait for 4K 120FPS.

tfw rf1 still gets more mods than rf2

can you use VR in rfactor?

otherwise it's just useless

Even if they wanted to hire me I make more than SMS would pay me

If I start sending Ian Bell abuse will he buy me a Vive* so I can maintain my position as Liverpools Top Sim Racer?

*I promise it will not be used exclusively for VR Kanojo

Shit guys, rf2 saved......

Well, considering the shitload of parameters rf2 has, and that most modders don't even understand what they do, that's not a surprise.

>not using the Camaro
Disappointed

>VR headset
>not at very least h-shifter g27
dood

if there are controls in rfactor to move camera in 6dof (and there surely are such controls, you can do it from keyboard and through trackIR), there is no reason for it not to work. But it would require some love - buying tridef3d for 3d sbs rendering, shitload of nerdic configuration, setting right fov, right camera movement curves.

You can play anything in VR, it's just that sometimes you need to spend a lot of time to do this right and results might still look like crap.

i have been using that one for too long compared to how awful it is to drive.

Nice, i also made a skin but its shit tier compared to this

Looks good fellow ferrari bro. I like that pattern.

How lucky, you actually got the name right.

It's actually very cool mate, I'm a sucker for abstract patterns.

is it bad to say I think BeamNG has the most realistic driving physics?

beamng has fantastic shitbox simulation at this point, nothing else really represents how fucked up a car can get from a harsh walltap or anything like that

The actual driving of Beam.NG is horrendous.

The way they model deformation and crashes is fantastic.

i disagree on that, it's gotten a lot better over time

how do you find peripheral vision? all current headsets (i think) essentially show a 8:9 display for each eye so horizontal fov is really restricted. you really have to turn your head a lot to see the passenger side mirror at all. i heard there are some prototype headsets out there which use the two screens rotated for better horizontal fov, which is more important than vertical fov in sim racing.

it doesn't help that the mirrors themselves in AC are not adjustable and in the porsche cup car the sides of the headrest almost completely block out the right side window and wing mirror when you turn to look at it (webm related). this has got me into some scrapes with other cars lurking in my blind spots but fortunately my /ovg/ Participation Points™ remain intact.

also the mirrors themselves are only rendered in 2D which is not good for immershuns.

i've got it working in rfactor with mods (i.e. GSCE) but had to use an old oculus runtime that supports extended mode which has been removed in newer runtimes and had various annoyances compared to direct mode. i presume you can do similar with the vive but not sure. in any case it's a pain to set up and navigating the UI is an even bigger pain.

this will make u think 2wice before u crash me out agian mamma fucker....

reinforced chassis? heh, thats cheatin...

Some(none) of you are alright. Don't race at gateway with the GT3s.

mega.nz/#!yh9XzYzC!Zun6uu9nSJG4fmkBPzR3GMTBFf6I0hcch3AfLzwTHEM

Skinpack for tommorrow hf goys

A polished turd is still a turd.

You know why? HANS, that's why.

dam....
dale........

You have been invited to OGC's first race not hosted by SJ!
This Sunday we're racing DTMs at Hockenheim:
Server name: OGC: DTM 2013 traitors (direct IP – rfactor://151.80.198.45:34297)
Live timing: autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: DTM 2013 traitors
rFactor mod: trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/CARS/A-F/DTM 2013 v1.01 inkl Track Pack.rar

Mod mirrors:
- Cars: mediafire.com/file/rvpm93tby4j5dx3/DTM 2013.7z
- Track: mediafire.com/file/ux4thq7avy05w25/Hockenheim.7z

For this race I'm experimenting with skin packs.
Find all the resources (2D templates, 3D models for PS 3D painting) here: mega.nz/#F!kNEXQKZY!Z9n5zDBo36sHR7hRPfuCBg
You can submit your skins at [email protected], deadline is 26/03/2016 1 PM GMT

And here's a rather fast lap time replay to get your lines ready: mega.nz/#!lYtFWagT!88T3ebiG-ntpC9mDA37L9SrauT1Zab4YbRXpU0Poy8k

PRO TIP: go into the setup page, remove a bit of downforce and increase the final gear ratio until the car tops at 270-280 kph down the big straight. You'll be eaten alive otherwise.

>Hockenheim
old or new?

new going by the map on the liveracers

No, BeamNG is a pretty accurate simulation of driving 70s and 80s shitboxes on broken, shitty roads. I wish more sims had a couple of terrible cars to play with along side the sports cars, super cars and single seaters that everyone ignores in favour of GT3.

>15 times on the liveracers
>several times off pace
>aspirationswinslol again
>talent pool so dry funny greek man is second

Just kill it. Pull the trigger and lets do something in AC next week.

or pick some better tracks

Practice is a meme

The 6 hours of Interlagos from P1-Gaming is about to start. We're repesenting /ovg/ in the GT3 class with the SLS.

The stream should start very soon on this channel:
youtube.com/user/P1MediaOfficial/featured
I'm not sure if they stream it on hitbox aswell but here's the link for that aswell:
hitbox.tv/p1-gaming

#FORZAWAT

Good luck lads.
Don't bin it now.

youtube.com/watch?v=HNwx2oH51Mc&feature=em-lss

Its on fags, come on to shitpost and chill

I'm leaving but I'll make sure to check out your progress through the afternoon.

godspeed WAT

>Cheeky porsche tries to punt /ourguys/
>Fails miserably

>The SLS is a big car.

4u

>This GT3 driving

It's like watching OVGT3

Give me an off-road sim where you drive 4x4 Toyotas and Jeeps, change diff locks and switch transfer cases and navigate through checkpoints placed between almost vertical slopes, tight mountain cracks and bumpy plains while a dude or dudette paces you from the passenger seat

something like this
a.uguu.se/CwW6mZLb8CtN.webm

MotorM4x

The first events in that game are more conventional races but the later events are pretty much what you described

What happened to the SLS?
Why are we not winning?

>completely fucked up my stint in the race
>almost last now

JUST

what's the team name on livetiming?

#106 WAT Automotive Team II
We're currently 18th (7th in class)

nevermind I was check the iRacing livetiming page for some reason

Who plays Midtown Madness here?

>install ovgt3 skin pack
>All the car selections disappear

You have to buy the cars. Go in a test session and type ISI_BABYFACTORY in the chat exactly like that.

I can't select a car, there's nothing there

where my fellow shitposters at

>aspirationswinslol again
Just go faster man

It's not about aspie winning, it's about all the fast drivers not giving a shit. Mid pack is fun, but you need some spice in the front too.

Kirino a shit.

You're a shit

So I am Kirino? Ok, I guess I am shit now.

No, Kirino is clearly the best, thus not shit
You're the only shit here

You're saying I'm shit, but kirino is not. This doesn't make any sense user. Kirino cannot be not shit.

I'm sorry that you're mentally deficient, but you should try to understand that Kirino is the best

Liveracers is for people who are small in the pants

>screamer 4x4
mah nigga

Does someone have a download link for the CFLA 2017 f1 car version 1.0?

anyone had a stuttering problem in rFactor before? it's unplayable for me.

what are your system specs? Also have you tried reinstalling?

the computer is powerful enough. I haven't tried reinstalling.

does the stuttering problem persist in the menus as well or only once you're in-game? Are you using a well-known mod? Did you use the 4gb patch fix?

Try re-installing just to be safe, rf1 is a tricky bitch sometimes

>Marko alt-tabbed out again

STOP THE PRESSES.

I picked up Midtown Madness 3 for my Xbox the other day, but I haven't touched it yet.

Someone plz?

Putting up a CART 88' server if any of you want to join. The track will be Milwaukee.

Server Name: OVG CART
Password: 4ch

DOWNLOADS
Mod: ftp://91.121.135.76/rFactor/mods/2017/CART%2088/CART_1988_V1.0_FULL_INSTALL.7z
Track: ftp://91.121.135.76/rFactor/circuits/2016/USAC%2073/REXMaysCLASSIC.7z

What does it mean by this

game crashed

simdads win again!

F1 2016 is 60% off. Is it worth a buy? How is the career mode.

that was some low quality memeposting in the youtube chat

>they still blame us for this

they're not wrong

Barney Gumballs did nothing wrong

GT3 at Gateway stream starting
twitch /zizinsimracing

SOMEONE??

it seems like an unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file

Suggestions?

Delete coreshaders.mas

GT3 IN 28 MINUTES BOYS THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE

Who is the Pooper MacNeil of /ovg/?

twitch tv/markotulska
gonna be streaming gt3s from my pov
come for the low volume stream, stay for the divebombs

15 MINUTES TO GT3 BOYS LETS GO

PICK YOUR GT3FU AND RACE IT

I saw these on numeral occasions and at the 24h of spa francorchamps a couple of years ago, impressive machines but they got utterly destroyed by all the german competition. Not sure if they where driving in the same class though, i think it was driving with the mustangs in that race, those stangs made my ears bleed.

you got your cars mixed up buddy

its ok though, all z4 gt3 fans are my friends

GT3 QUALIFYING STARTING NOW BOYS

YOU CAN STILL JOIN EVEN AFTER QUALIFYING THOUGH SO GET IN HERE

>9seg made of hueg amount of leds just to be able to change your car number through computer
for what purpose

>car number

position senpai

race 2 now

RACE 1 IS DONE BOYS

WE ARE NOW MOVING TO RACE 2, YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES TO JOIN!