Why are these even around anymore?

Why are these even around anymore?

I haven't seen one of those since like 2001. Maybe you should stop being poor.

RELIABILITY

At least these don't seize up and die when they get to be 10 plus years old.

I also miss sliding knob climate control, too. Simple.

This, do you think we should just destroy older cars for having this or something?

They're fucking great.
I wish they came as options on more cars.

I took an uber the other day that had manual windows lmao

20yo japcrap with 4xel.windows. works like new. How shit your cars must be?!

Apart from that, prefer knobs too, slider buttons a shit.

Your exception is not the rule, faggot. Enjoy when they fail.

I had a 1992 Corolla LE, loaded. All four power windows were shit and stopped working. 1990 mid level Corolla, rollers, worked fine. 1993 Ford Taurus, rear windows stopped working. Seized motors. 1994 Protege, rollers, working fine.

Wrench throw: 1990 Mazda 929, all power windows work. My uncle had a 1983 Caprice in the 2000s, all those power windows worked too.

Do you get ptsd from everything that almost resembles exercise or is it just winding up windows?

Because they don't break and SOME people aren't lazy fatasses and don't need power windows.

Funny, my 20 year old German shitbox still has 100% working original electric windows, even the finger saving mode still works.

Learn to take care of your car, nigger.

because theyre superior to power windows.

>dude just replace your 1mm strong plastic clip that's holding your entire window before it can break xd

Never had to do that teebeeh. Took open the door panel once to swap speakers.

U bitter toyotafag?

I'm not a nu-male cuck, I don't need power windows.

So I don't have to hit the damn button 20 times to get the window cracked open just enough to not whistle and not blow enough air to be annoying/cold/whatever

P R E C I S I O N

Jesus christ, how salty are you?

Well, Veeky Forums has done it again. Everyone ITT is trying so hard to act like rowing your arm for 10 minutes to go through a drive through is superior because their 80's-90's pieces of shit don't have power anything. Never change.

They are? I seriously haven't seen one in probably close to 15 years now. I remember liking them, though.

I wonder if you could save much weight going from electric windows back to these.

probably just on fleet vehicles/trucks

I have literally never had any problem getting my power windows to exactly where I want them with one press or pull. Do you have Parkinson's or something?

>20yo japcrap

There you go

>taking care of electrical bitts

How should I go about this?

i have never owned a car with broken manual windows

its not even that bad

>people keep saying how crank windows never break and shit
>my driver's and co-driver's crank windows failed a couple of times in life
>couldn't crank it all the way up otherwise they bend over frontwards and leave a tiny bit of space enough for rain to enter
>couldn't crank it to the bottom either, like 30%
I'm not glad it's gone but sometimes I really hated it.

i owned that exact car, understeered like a pig and was absolutely gutless.
Nothing broke on it except for the engine, which was my fault for beating too hard on it.
I kind of miss that car

I have never even drove it that hard to feel understeer and yeah, it was super gutless but some of the random quirks overall were really annoying. I miss it too and it's difficult to find one in good condition but I've came to terms that some things are best to stay a memory.
Godspeed my shitbox, I've liked you a lot.

>not knowing the pleasure of sliding windows

I miss A-Pillar windows or just having A-pillars that didn't create blind spots.

When I say A pillar windows, I mean the ones that rotate and direct air at you while driving.

Yeah. Those were neat.

Burnt switch: 5$ on scrapyard
Full working mechanism: 20$

It's not the rule, chill the fuck up, just my experience.

>dirt cheap
>dead reliable
>can operate with or without key in ignition
What's not to like?

Walk everywhere then you faggot. You're either some bitter poorfag or an old ass turd

Shouldve gotten the tarbo

Poverty

Weight reduction bro. Power windows are heavy by comparison.

I bet you still have your back seats and don't take a wicked shit before each drive too.

Soundd like it was a window regulator issue and not a window crank issue.