How the fuck do they do it?

>Get to make low-quality videos that can't take more than 12 hours of total effort to make
>Guaranteed hundreds of thousands of views
>Literally free money
>Back catalog of videos still generate revenue too
>Any car-related expense is tax deductible because it's your "business"
>Can even write off mileage and maintenance
>People let you drive their cars without question
>Can convince your army of reddit-tier plebs to crowdfund your shit

This is every enthusiast's dream, how do you make it reality?

Buy a camera
Have some knowledge (hopefully)
Start talking about stuff
Upload to jewtube
Spam your forums of choice with your own videos

Fuck off Doug, saged

what do you mean they? Do you just mean Doug himself?

all automotive youtubers have different ways of doing it.

and its not free money btw.

I wish i could find that doug demuro thread we had a while back, someone posted his Resume and he's been in the car industry for a while

He even worked for Porsche doing allocations for people.

To get in someone like Doug's Position you kinda either have to be somewhat known in the industry or just get known in your local area then expand. This isn't rocket science

Also youtube ad sense pays like shit sorta, esp if you aren't getting 1 mil views per vid and no automotive youtuber is anywhere close to that level yet.

You should stick to school because clearly you aren't cut out for it.

appeal to autistic people/reddit tier casuals

Study how to make good videos.
You gotta learn how to act just a little.

ChrisFix's older videos are crazy basic compared to his new shit. Those changes went a long way. He also changed his voice presentation to be much more enthusiastic.

You like to think its easy free money but it isn't once you start doing it yourself and all the editing and realizing how much it youtube ad sense actually pays lmao.

big ting wagwarn

most people don't have the attention span to consistently theorize, film and edit weekly content. If you do, you'll be a success on yt. its literally that simple. you can buy working subs on darknet btw.

It doesn't quite work like that. I know because I've tried. I used to write reviews far more in-depth than the shitty pompous crap you get from car and driver, road and track, etc. Made videos for a short while. Basically bought cars myself because I couldn't find anyone willing to give me the cars. Never made a profit.

There is a part of this system that the rest of us are missing. I agree with OP, I'd love to know, too. As a professional cinematographer and writer, I know I could do better than 99% of what's out there. I just have no idea how to make it profitable. Or how they get free shit.

you are vastly overestimating the money you make from youtube

think it's something like $2.5k per million views

Not mentioned, the part that eliminates the entire population of Veeky Forums:
>be presentable, somewhat fit, personable and mildly entertaining to watch

Link one of your videos.

This may be true, but the fact that even DeMuro is getting upwards of 300k views a day on average means he's still raking $700-800 a day in ad revenue even by your numbers.

If you made $800 a day, you could afford to make more interesting content all the time very easily because you're only 4 days from an interesting $3000 shitbox to milk 10 videos out of before moving on to the next one.

Sorry man. Not happening on Veeky Forums boards.

So, there are steps that you have to reach that incrementally increase your earnings. But youtube still takes a pretty hefty chunk. It was either 45% or 65%, I can't remember. You also have to advertise. Social Media alone won't do it for you. You have to pay that youtube advertising scam for a couple weeks so your 15 second commercial can play on similar interest ads. Even then, I don't think it works too well.

Not OP, but I have questions.

A friend and I have been thinking about doing this very thing. He is talented with computers and cameras, I have about 8 years of competition experience.

How would we go about starting this? How do you get the cars (new/used???)?

I understand social media, and we can put together a website pretty easily, but how do you make the actual dollar? Ad Rev doesn't seem to make as much as people claim based on many sources online.

What expenses would I be looking at? Production Insurance, business licensing, web costs, etc.

We would be doing this as a hobby to start. Anyone have experience that can give some input?

Get to know collectors and dealerships to where they can trust you around their shit.

well then enjoy never knowing where you went wrong pleb

literally read the third post in this thread

>What expenses would I be looking at? Production Insurance, business licensing, web costs, etc.

you're overthinking hard as fuck

You can "pleb" all you want like you know what you are talking about. But there is no way I'm going to let people know publically that I'm a Veeky Forums browser. This fucking site gets a terrible reputation even if you don't go to "that" section of it. So go ahead and be mad. It's not happening.

He was a manager at a Porsche dealership before.. they make 70-120k
Although most youtubers have rich parents

le reddit army

>Although most youtubers have rich parents

thats just you making a baseless assumption.

plus we are talking about automotive youtubers.

Off the top of my head the only ones that were most def upper middle class/stupid wealthy before they got huge on youtube are

schmee
salomandrin
tj hunt
tanner fox

and thats just only four. Most automotive youtubers are just regular ass dudes

All you have to do is make decent videos. That's it. There is no magic, you don't need to be rich, there is no secret board of people who decide if you are successful. If you consistently make entertaining or useful videos they will get views.

Uhhh eddiex.. vehicle virgins... Doug demuro.... Matt farah... Salomondrin

thats not even most automotvie youtubers.... and no shit doug demuro.

that being said, stop worrying about other people's money and worry about yourself

I never implied it was bad dude nor am I mad about it I was just stating something. Cars are an expensive hobby

One of my favorite channels only has like 500 subs and puts out the best content that nobody knows about. They've been at it for a few years now and they only get like 2000 views per video.

There must be a secret committee of what gets big, because some of the best youtubers will never be seen or heard like they deserve.

You must be a neckbeard who appealed to JonTron fans