/vn/ - NEVER EVER edition

Visual Novel General #1346

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W8Cy9Y3mqcc
pixiv.net/fanbox/member.php?user_id=104409
constructedheroisms.wordpress.com/2017/02/13/translation-albatross-koukairoku-prologue/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

H A R E M G U I L D

>hiding the thread until you can get umi first post
shameful

>not looking at the timestamp on posts
>not realizing that umi-user is so fast he did it in 9 seconds
fucking neck yourself faggot.

2 more.

Emo girl is last.

Last Sachi Spoiler
Ahh...
Fuck.

This was a pretty good route. In comparison to Michiru's route, it was a bit more consistent except for that completely out of place blowing up the school shit. The bad ending technically wasn't very well thought out since 'GETTING HIT BY A FUCKING TRUCK LOL' is not good writing: however I feel like it is more acceptable in this instance due to the fact that it was done previously in the story. It made Yuuji feel the emotion Sachi had and showed us the fragility of life. Those choices were entirely meaningless, just like Michiru's route, since she doesn't do either of those things. Overall, I feel like Sachi's route wasn't as good at showing the pain that Sachi experienced from her accident as Michiru, though this might be related more to the nature of the accident. It was a painful, quick, debilitating experience and that's exactly what her symptoms were: Painful nightmares that perked up at awful times. Overall, pretty well written: I try to look at the story objectively and not how it makes me feel as a person but rather how well it describes that feeling. Sachi's route was very good at showing the strange life that results from swift painful incidents: One of normality with terrible climaxes. Still not sure which route is the best written out of Michiru/Makina/Sachi. Though, I do have a soft spot for Makina.

>Emo girl is last
If you mean Yumiko, hers is by far the most comfy, but I'm a yumikofag, so my opinion is pretty damned biased.

break's over, roach

Amanefag here and i wish i had kept it for last, for its healing powers

Read his visual novel.

Amane was actually my blind playthrough, got the bad-end too, didn't even realize what I did was wrong.

Same here, honestly thought it was the correct choice too. I was wrong.

>
Its the one with the queen i think, its slightly edited, she has a bulge and its captioned to say "I'm aroused but not amused"

for real Amanefags both endings are bad so it doesn't really matter

>both endings are bad
Umm no? Both are quite excellent, what the fuck are you smoking.

you shouldn't just ignore how it makes you feel, user. That's the magic of visual novels. A routes objective writing can be ass but still tear your heart out. Everyone will be affected differently by routes. I think that's the most important part when looking back on how much you enjoyed a vn. Not by the objective qualities, but what it meant to you personally.

Sachi's route turned me into baby.
youtube.com/watch?v=W8Cy9Y3mqcc

>Why isn't humanity using catgirls and catboys as shock troops in military conflicts since they are expendable anyway?
Who says they aren't? We only see the nice part of the Nekopara world in the VNs, if you pay attention to the small details you'll notice how fucked up the world actually is. We know from the beginning that it's pretty common for people to just straight up abandon infant catgirls on the street when they can't care for them anymore as it happened Chocola, Vanilla and the takoyaki stand's catgirl, now, if average citizens are capable of that, imagine what actually evil people would be capable of.

We also know that catgirls are infertile and develop extremely quickly which makes them ideal as sexual workers, just grab a litter off the streets, care for them and groom them into whores and less than a year later you have a fully functional catgirl brothel that is going to rake in cash.

Also since they are like 95% human, they are the perfect test subjects for pretty much any industry without morality getting in the way of more extreme experimentation. Make-up, drugs, toxicity of new chemical compounds, hell even send them to space to test what the atmosphere of other planets does to them, you name it.

And finally since they take so little to grow they are perfect as disposable troops in conflict, even if you lose millions of them, you can repplenish their numbers in a year at most, not to mention they are pretty agile and have sharp senses from the cat genes which makes them ideal for warfare, the only downside being that from their appearance they don't seem to be stronger than your average girl but who gives a shit when you can throw 20 of them at a single soldier. There are also catboys but we don't know yet if they are weaker than your average human or not.

Sayori is the new Urobutcher.

i wasn't referring to the quality m8

How about, they are just your cuddling partners?

Is this a new pasta?

Yeah I eventually realized that. I was just having an existential crisis on whether or not to delete that post. I'm sorry.

So, is Sakuradite down for everybody else, or just me?

I'm trying to add some new titles to Visual Novel Reader after some impulse buys, but everything seems to be down at the moment. ( _ _)

^_^

I like lolis.

>other user playing Sachi route
>they just blew up the fucking school
>Sachi seems to be somewhat healed
>still haven't made any significant choices
>all of a sudden H-scene
I dunno. This just feels kind of stupid now. Like the order of events just feels out of place. Something feels missing.

grisaia's not that great honestly

Yeah this is my final route, nearly finished(?) and it's honestly starting to feel less and less exciting. The magic is beginning to waver.

Is that you Umi anony?

>I'm sorry.
i-it's okay

When I get to next choice back to Imopara or Nekopara vol 2.

>2.91MB
You expect me to view this picture?

Good, I thought I was the only one. That shit was whack.

Sango was hot.
also
>cake behind a locked route
who the fuck thought this was a good idea

i dont think you should stop. At least do Umi's route and walk away from the title with tooth cavities.

I want to hang out with you, Umianon

Your right i can't stop lol, going for Umi.

>Sachi route
>just blew up the fucking school
>seriously, the school is supposed to be destroyed now
>it's fucking blown up
>its in pieces
>next scene after the H, everyone's back in the dormitory as if nothings happened.
This is just spiraling out of control now. Michiru's route might not be the worst afterall.

there are a few of us. I think Im one of the originals.

Who's hyped for Utawarerumono

It's a little bit silly, isn't it?

I know I am, the MC looks really interesting.

Which one, the one in September or the one in a few weeks/months? Its bizarre that two of them are coming out in the same year.

It's not that bizarre since it's two halves of one story so they pretty much needed to commit to doing both parts. Kind of like Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2.

It's nice to see real localization companies actually release stuff in a timely fashion without using a Kickstarter. It'd only happen for console games though.

Yeah but it's definitely a fun read, it kinda grew on me after I finished it.

Name 1 (ONE) artist better than Sayori

Ooyari Ashito

It's the characters for me. The routes aren't anything earth shattering, but I've read MUCH worse.

user

Ueda Metawo

Her faces are kind of same-y though. When she draws doujins it's obvious

pixiv.net/fanbox/member.php?user_id=104409

Happoubi Jin

Hacka Doll #3 was the best thus far.

>kind of
more like totally.
those bodies tho

>Michiru's route might not be the worst afterall.
trash taste. michuru is garbage.

awawawawawa

Name 1 (ONE) VN better than Grisaia

Aww that's so cute

Nekopara

Nekopara.

I'll bite:
Muv-Luv Trilogy

katawa shoujo

2011-07-26 9.6 Cross†Channel
2015-10-26 9.5 Sakura no Uta -Sakura no Mori no Ue o Mau-
2015-07-04 9.5 Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~
2011-08-24 9.4 Saihate no Ima
2011-01-03 9.2 Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - Under the Innocent Sky.
2010-10-05 9 Soukou Akki Muramasa
2012-02-06 8.8 Dies irae
2011-11-22 8.7 Baldr Sky Dive2 “Recordare”
2014-08-18 8.6 Albatross Koukairoku
2012-09-09 8.5 Kazoku Keikaku
2015-09-24 8.5 Swan Song
2010-08-22 8.4 Himawari
2014-07-11 8.4 Rakuen ~Ai Kawarazu na Boku no Baai~
2014-06-02 8.3 Gunjou no Sora o Koete
2012-07-08 8.3 J.Q.V Jinrui Kyuusai-bu ~With Love from Isotope~
2011-04-27 8.3 Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo,
2015-08-05 8.3 Natsuyume Yawa
2012-01-08 8.3 Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People-
2013-04-01 8.2 Amatsukaze ~Kugutsu Jinpuu-chou~
2016-02-22 8.2 Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no
2013-03-08 8.2 Kikaijikake no Eve -Dea Ex Machina-
2011-10-28 8.2 Symphonic Rain
2017-02-07 8.1 Chaos;Child
2016-01-22 8.1 Fate/Extra CCC
2011-05-08 8 Aiyoku no Eustia
2011-11-16 8 Baldr Sky Dive1 “Lost Memory”
2016-10-24 8 Chuusotsu! 1st graduation
2010-07-12 8 Forest
2010-08-26 8 Himawari Aqua After - The Day the Moon Stood Still
2015-06-19 8 Parfait ~Chocolat Second Brew~
2011-04-10 8 Rance VI - Zeth Houkai -
2016-04-24 8 SeaBed
2015-02-21 8 Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi

I'm playing Kamidori and I'm on a NG+ save file, but I keep getting an untranslated event with the bartender Tian and Wil, anyone know what it's for?

>filename
But best girl was Kokoro?

Whoa there, user. That's quite the opinion you've got there. Don't let the Mitcherfags hear you.

the more i see Miyako screens the more i reevaluate her position among my favorite girls

What is a good program for making VN's?

I tried out renpy, but adding each and every single picture, character, and sound, via text seems a bit time consuming.

POST AIR SCREENSHOTS

I translated Albatross Koukaroiku's prologue and would greatly appreciate some feedback. Thanks! constructedheroisms.wordpress.com/2017/02/13/translation-albatross-koukairoku-prologue/

if you are into alien lifeforms maybe

Chop Chop Fruit salad Mystery Jam DokiDoki Dating Sim THingy

rugp

Is Itsusora ever going to be translated? I want to sex moogy.

Post it on reddit where people will actually critique

Stop translating visual novels for EOPs

the absolute madman
you gonna try to translate the entire thing?

Okay, can someone please recommend me visual novels that aren't about
1. School
2. Getting giggidy with kawaii animu waifus
3. Slice of life

I've already played All 3 Zero Escape games, Ghost Trick, Ace Attorney, Ever17, Remember11, Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate 0 and now I'm halfway through Root Double.

What I didn't like about Steins:Gate is that it took too long to get into the meat/the action of the story and Steins;Gate 0 had too many "Yay! and now we're gonna have a kawaii animu waifu get together!" scenes.

I also gave up on Higurashi after the first boring scene.

Fata Morgana

but you should stay away from the medium if you don't like that shit desu it's pretty much 99% of it, even shit like Subahibi and Dies irae have school settings

watch anime or something

Tears to Tiara 2

Oh yeah, that reminds me I tried getting into Fate/Stay Night, it was interesting at first but got boring as scenes like having breakfast take forever. I may try to get back to it.

Just because a VN contains those things doesn't mean it's about them, you know. Like said the best stories to come from this medium have school/SoL.

Dude, I have no idea if that translation was accurate to the source, but it sure was a lot of fun to read.

Ask in the /jp/ thread.

>translating vn that looks like shit and aged like warm milk

Hanachirasu
Fata Morgana
Kikokugai
Saya no Uta

Read Tsukhime first (assuming you're ok with no voices), based on what you've read it would appeal to you a lot more.

You serious? Could you name me the top VN of all time then? Cause I still think 999 and VLR are the best in story for VNs.

Nobody plays that game for the art. It's Mareni.

Take your pick from

Can't you narrow it down to the single best VN of all time?

There's no serious answer to this question. My favorite VN is Umineko but most people on /vn/ hate it.

The best VNs of all time, no questions or rebuttals:

Muv Luv Alt
Steins Gate
Umineko
Fate
Witcher 3

Whoa, that looks hard xD

The top rated translated VN is the Muv-Luv trilogy but it has plenty of school, SoL and getting giggidy with kawaii animu waifus on it's first episode.

Cross Channel for Japanese VN
Planescape Torment for Western VN.

>no planescape torment