/twg/ - Total War General

What happened to particle effects edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.
Louen start in Couronne
Alberic start in Bordelaux
Fay Enchantress start in Carcassonne
Lots of new units such as grail reliquae, questing knights, squires and many more.

Looking good. Green Knight is a unique limited hero. Accumulate chivalry points to win the campaign. Decide between military and economic techs.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Isabella von Carstein(Legendary Lord) has been announced as part of the War not Peace dealio. She and Vlad have their own faction, seperate from the Mannlet.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MORE INFO WHEN
I WANT THE TRAILER NOW

What's your most missed dead meme?

wot do lads

xth for the one true king of BRI- i mean BRETONIA

Can someone tell me why my empire troops will use anything to fight, kicks, shield bashes, pirouettes, leaps

But they won't use their weapons? I swear they have like 2 animations where they use swords/spears to fight, I see kicks and leaps all the time, this really bothers me, is there a mod to change this?

>Kill Captives
>Sack Settlement
>Raze settlement

Who /no mercy/ here?

Reposting this undeniable truth from end of last thread

xth for Isabella Von Carnstein

We're having a vote next time.

Elizbeth Bathory is way better then Isabella. Lesbian rapist FTW

THE TRUE VON CARSTEIN

Show the Elves what an actual green tide looks like.

>Letting Bretonnian peasantry vote

It's true, but I will never ascend to bog hammer because I love warhammer too much. Am I just incomplete? Am I mistake? Is there any hope for me?

Tomb Kings when?

Guys,

If I change my religion in attila total war. Does my religious building selection change? I'm playing as the sassanids and I want to change my religion to Greek Christianity, if I do it. Do I get the ability to build churches or what?

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

DK27X-JDKRW-ETLKV Attila
D9PT2-CAY7A-B40EW Shogun 2

Hassan chop looks more like a Chaos warrior.

Besides, we need Ogres first.

of coursh

Ok, thanks

>those borders

>people honestly think Rome 2 is better than Attila
what

You should try converting to minor religions, it's very hard (you basically have to raze everything and have settlements in some parts of the middle east, forgot where) but you get a nice surprise

The badlands borders happen to be just fine for once
everyone else is muckin about

Rome 2 is ranked below Atilla

The bogpill will come naturally, with time, young one

Warhammer is the best in the series.

Literally the only way to do this in the current state of the game is by either playing as WRE and razing everything but libya, or by playing as the garamantians and razing everything, then moving to libya.

It's the only province in the game with >35% minor religions and due to the religious influences on the province, it becomes

Rock the boat!

Goblin honour demands that support your ally in a war far away from your lads that has no benefits for you.

>Rome 2 is ranked below Atilla
But the entire point of the meme is that it's inverted

Soon

Empire was the fucking worst and most boring.

I have ascended past ironic humor

Empire is the patrician's choice

I've only ever played Shogun 2, but I've modded it to a ridiculous extent.
Part of the reason why I don't want to try any other TW games is because I'm worried I may emerge a couple of decades later, having modded them all extensively and wondering where it all went wrong. Then I would remember that it was all /twg/'s fault and seek vengeance.

>really want to get rid of those fucking wood nazis on my borders
>make it to athel loren
>place is completely undefended throughout
>defeat the garrison at one of their hippie communes
>ready to raze that motherfucker to the ground
>can sack it for 16k gold instead
>check my finances
>1100 gold with a +300 income
>mfw

warhammer is real fun user you're missing out.

Forest nazi status: stabbed
Now to raze every humie that decided to raid me

Shogun 2 is better than Warhammer desu. You're not missing much. But you should still get it while it's 12 dollars, because it will never get that cheap again, and it's worth at least a 100 hours of your time.

>Not even turn 50
>All that sweet cash
gonna stab

Why not both?

The biggest issue was the fucking hippie elf magicks that cause attrition which would wipe half my army out in early parts of the game.

Regardless I razed half their forest and made them my bitch til the very end until I defeated chaos and made my way down south

>unironically thinking that Shogun 2, Napoleon, Warhammer and Empire are better than Attila
Total Warhammer really was the worst thing to happen to this general

it's obviously a joke image you fucking autist

Second this user.
No matter how cheap it goes in a year or two it wont beat 12 bux.
I lost 50 grand because i had to raze one province before my army collapsed and second one was WAAAGHED

Gotta stab.

Shogun 2 is the best by far.
Dem animations...those battle speeches...dat FOTS campaign as flavor on top

>it's j-just a joke b-bro heh

image clearly wasn't entirely serious but Attila wasn't that good

The building/province systems were shit, variety was fairly lacking, and the battles only ever felt like shitty masses of units being thrown at each other.

Serious question here from someone who's been with the series since '02 and have played every TW except Attila:

What makes it so good?

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

Jokes aside they finally found how to implement mechanics that were half baked for ages.
Just compare it to original Rome Barb Invasion. Also it wasnt Rome 2.

I would like more tales of DAVE

Thank you user! Took the shogun 2 one, have a great day tomorrow!

For me personally, its R2, R1,Empire,Napoopan
Med2,Atilla,Warhammer,Shogun 2

Im playing as the Sassinids empire around 400AD, my heir's army's integrity is on the first bar, slipping down, how do I raise integerity without Decimating.
Btw pretty much all my family has no infulance, so I cannot do anything political
*my control is below 30*

>waystalker kills skarsnik's starting big boss
Now it's personal, you git

It's difficult.

Basically a much harder version of Rome 2. The battles also are fun and the huns are an awesome boss

I need to breed a demigryph

Empire is the Oda of Warhammer.

Discuss.

There are so many ways this post could go.

None of them are good.

>make some demigryphs to try out at the very end of my campaign
>pretty small unit size but whatever
>mfw they charge into enemy infantry and half of the enemy unit just evaporates

Steam tanks were bit of a letdown though.

Steam Tanks a ridiculous against certain enemy army compositions
Even where they're not super effective, they're durable as

Is TW:W good?

Yes very.

best total war game

How is it in terms of campaign? From what I can tell it is by far the best in terms of battles but I don't know how it measures up in terms of the grand strategy side of things

Its gooooooood

Depends my man.

Do you like waifus?

Do you like Franz?

It's ok
You will be engaged in Total War and have lots of battles

>"""best""" total war game

>most magic is still useless
>most sieges are shit
>no banners/musicians or captains
>no reload animations for 90% of range units
>campaign map is as deep as a puddle

I like Warhammer but no way is it the """best"""

Guys... is this true?

What fucking bizzaro world am I living in right now

The campaign map does feel small, a lot of magic is shit, and the sieges do suck most of the time. AI is also fairly defensive.

I'd still recommend it though.

>most magic is still useless
Which every other Total War game doesn't even have
>most sieges are shit
>campaign map is as deep as a puddle
Just like every other Total War game.
>no banners/musicians or captains
>no reload animations for 90% of range units
Minor cosmetic shit that doesn't effect the overall quality of the game.

You're always going to have differing opinions on this shit

Sieges have always been shit in TW games, though IMO it's handled better here than any time previously

I wouldn't cnsider magic "useless"

The lack of banners and captains and the like is unfortunate and rather irritating but it is a very minor overall complaint

I don't see how the campaign map is as deep as a puddle, it's definitely small but frankly it's one of the more complex ones in the franchise. Empire had a massive map and Shogun II had one of the smallest, look how those two games were received

Funny. Total War warhammer is the only total war game were ive played and completed every single faction in the game.

>he completed a dawi campaign
aoohohohhhohohohoh

You know what's fucking shit about the Grand Campaign? Almost every single fucking time the same results happen. Empire never unites fully, Vampire Counts are largely irrelevant, Dwarves are a fucking superpower, Greenskins annihilated, Gobbos are shit-tier, Wood Elves are genocidal monsters. Chaos gets BTFO every time it tries to come down.

Their AI team really are a huge bunch of niggers who are constantly shitting up the Total War games.

Yeah they never really rebalanced the grand campaign post-release
Get yourself the pack file manager and play around with the AI tables. It's fun.

>Dwarves are a fucking superpower, Greenskins annihilated, Gobbos are shit-tier, Wood Elves are genocidal monsters. Chaos gets BTFO every time it tries to come down
This is a problem?

This is so bullshit. Five turns ago I had Angrund's last settlement beseiged and they had one stack of 18 units. I then got a rebellion in their old capital so I sent Snarsnik back to deal with it and their stack then left their settlement and made a beeline for Karak Bhufdar and took it back from me. The turn after I began the siege with Snarsnik and then I see that over the space of five turns those dwarven fucks managed to complete their first stack but also raise another full one and then a further four units and send them at me as well.

How fucking fast can the ai create armies? How much fucking money can the ai possible cheat itself?

This. Warhammerfags are shitting up this general with their constant shilling.

It's a good game, but you retards are getting ahead of yourselves if you think it's better than Shogun 2, Attila, or Rome 1.

t. Gorin Dimgolsnev

>Rome 1
>Attila

You can't just up and replace one meme with another, user

i never played atilla and ill admit its better than rome 2

Anons what happens next for TW WH?
When is the 2nd one out?
Are we getting more paid DLC?
It's been FLC/DLC/FLC/DLC so far right?
Kangz when?

Demi's are the Empire's premier Swiss army knife, they are phenomenal cavalry and useful in virtually any situation. Also with the addition of the Lore of Life demis are balls outta control and can sustain forever. Steam tanks on the other hand are a niche unit that can really shine in certain engagements but a lot of times will make you go "I could have just used X instead of this". But every once in a while it shines.

But with that being said, the Steamtanks main cannon has a really great feature. It's projectile arc, muzzle velocity and damage are incredible for gibbing cavalry. Get a good angle of attack, fire a shot at some Blood Knights and it will easily kill 4-6 models, possibly more depending on the formation and do a shit ton of HP damage.

Only problem is 2 units of great cannons or a hellblaster can basically do the same thing and for less money and at higher chevrons can fire faster too.

>there will never be a 40k game in the style of Total War

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>Anons what happens next for TW WH?
Britainnea

>When is the 2nd one out?
>Kangz when?
Junes

>Are we getting more paid DLC?
Of coursh

I'd rather have a Squat Dorf Fortress.

>there will never be a 40k game in the style of Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I've played total war since medieval 1.
But I played warhammer since before I owned a computer.
I can safely say that the best campaign is Atilla. The best whole package is Shogun 2 but Warhammer has the best battles, and a ton of potential.

Also the best total war is your favorite era because that's the one most people identify the most with

>there will never a Space Total war
JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

What's the best arty/siege weapon in Skubhammer, /twg/?

30k better tbqh

>your favorite era

This

It's why I love Empire even though it's a piece of shit for many reasons. The Enlightenment era and scale is unbeatable IMO

miniature 40k doesn't play like that

>Anons what happens next for TW WH?
Bretonnia + Isabella + Old World Edition patch. After that the only confirmed things are two more pieces of free DLC. A vampire LL and something called the "Old Friend".

>When is the 2nd one out?
No official announcement yet. CA's chatter has been increasing over the past few months so possibly expect a reveal sometime soon(ish).

>Are we getting more paid DLC?
It's unknown, they've already said the DLC team is planning on moving onto sequel pre-order content after Bretonnia but have been cagey on more paid DLC for TWWH.

>It's been FLC/DLC/FLC/DLC so far right?
Up until this update yes. Now it's looking like FDLC/FDLC/FDLC

>Kangz when?
Probably the first sequel race pack.

30 Years War

Best campaign IMO was Medieval 2, it had a lot of character and unique events to it that made it way more memorable. The discovery of gunpowder, the New World, all the cutscenes for assassinations and whatnot. They should really bring that shit back

>tfw carthage shits can't into circles