/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Is it P2W?
Yes if you're willing to drops hundreds of dollars. Three critical things that will aid you in progression are having 4 pets which you can buy with real money or in game money, buying weight limit increases with either loyalty or real money, and artisan memories which you can buy with either loyalty or real money. These items are more accessible when spending real money considering the marketplace is sparse regarding pets and loyalty takes longer to get than real world cash.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>Enhancement Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Previous:

first for please bully me

>tfw she got bullied too much and never came back
;_;

I believe I have started a caravan...

Went into the desert for the first time. It didn't end well.
Exploring ends here.

This is what I'm currently working with, any ideas what I should be working on first?

>tfw you won't ever be someones personal meido.

>no daily rewards for another two days
>slowly losing my will to log on

So, wizard or witch? Is it basically "be a beard or girl" or is there actual gameplay differences (that matter)?

No gameplay differences until level 56. Their awakenings are diffrent.

You only get extra combat XP if you're on the first set of realms right? I found that I leveled way too fast when I was on them.

But I'm still here, ready to stop bullies in their tracks.

>spent more time censoring your name than gearing up
I would lose jarrette's

>Ribbon cat will be gone in two days
>can't snipe one
>don't get paid until next week

Can you explain awakenings to me? I see them mentioned but never really anything else at all about them. That's really all that's different between the two? Still downloading the game.

Awakenings are basically like getting another half to your class. You get a new weapon and have the ability to swap between your vanilla and awakened skillsets. For most classes the awakening basically becomes their de facto class and it can be very different from the vanilla class.

What's so good about the ribbon cat

When you hit level 56, you get a quest chain that pretty much changes your entire class once completed.

It's basiclly just a second weapon (With a completely diffrent move set) that you switch to by pressing C by default. You can do this at anytime. Even in the middle of a big combo.

So, you might have a warrior with his shield, blocking your every move, but then he just randomly brings out his greatsword and starts spinning like a man man ready to chop your head off in a whirlwind of "OH SHIT I'M GOING TO DIE!!!"

Witch and wizard both swap their staff out for two elemental orbs. I know Wizard's orbs are Water and Fire, but I have no idea what Witches use.

it's cute
and seasonal most likely. Wont be back until next year

How important is casting speed for a witch?

Attack/Casting speed is the most important thing to max with gems for every class

You look like you could use a good noogie

Ah okay. Well to answer the witch question, it's air and earth? orbs I was told. So not quite sure how they differ with awakening skills. But a browse around tells me wizards have more big hit, less combo dependence spells?

Also is the "air" orb like wind or lightning, because lightning is fucking cool, wind not so much.

Earth and Lightning for Witch.

Why is it so hard to make a Witch that doesn't look 12 years old? Does anyone have any tips?

Try to eliminate "Child-Like" features in the fact first. Thinks like puffy cheeks, a rounded chin/nose, etc.

Which channel do EU people usually hang out on? If anyone from EU is actually awake at this hour.

I'm not sure why I'm having trouble with this, but is it possible to make certain body parts smaller? I want to shrink my nose but it seems like I can only change the angles, not the overall size.

yar har fiddle dee dee...

The last three sliders are used for sizing.

calpheon 2 it is

Replace with what?

Oh I see now, thanks. Not sure how I missed that.

Where can I grind at 57 with 170ap?
Preferably somewhere that's not a huge pain in the ass to get to since I basically only want to use my 30m boost every day then go back to heidel.

My dick.

You better bring health potions if you try

Want to level a new character and actually follow through and get it to a comparable level to my main

Which is better kuno or ninja

Yes I know people meme they are both shit I actually have good gear I can put on them so I'm fine for gear which one is better

Same place you should have been for the past 7 levels

S A U S A N S

You will never push gremlin into the ocean and watch as the waves slowly pull her under.

Truly life is suffering.

>tfw you caved in for the ranger meme

The skill cancelling is cool, though. Still hate how it's too powerful for how little I spend on it.

At least I didn't go full FOTM and rerolled a dirty Wiz/Witch.

Do you want to buy a house and set up nodes and shit right as you make your character or is it really expensive?

Forgot to ask, what other things should I start working on to make my characters better? Accessories or Armor?

It takes a long time to get the nodes going, so the sooner you start, the better. Buy a house and put a bed in it for faster energy recovery.

houses and nodes dont cost silver. It's contribution which you get by doing quests. You dont really need nodes until 50. Only reason to connect nodes now is if you know you wont feel like backtracking later

Get a house for the storage in each town and a house in your favorite city to put a warehouse box

Do I need to go to a marketplace and buy a bed or can I do it right from the management screen? Also can I do it from the big map menu or do I need to go to the house directly?

These menus kind of confuse me because there's so much info.

The bed you can craft or buy of market will give you 2 energy per 3 min, the pearl bed is 3 per 3. Never really seen them on the marketplace for sale.

Alright thanks, also what are some good things to spend Energy on in the early game? Is it not that important until later on?

>Also can I do it from the big map menu or do I need to go to the house directly?
You have to be inside the house to place furniture, but you purchase the house from the big map. Big map -> click on city -> click on building

You use energy to invest in nodes, it takes 10 energy per invest. You can also use it for fishing or gathering. The nodes are more important at a higher level, but you need to be invest in them if you want to earn the most from trading between areas.

Do I need to change it from Storage to Residence if I want to go inside and place a bed?

Any 4chins clans or did they all die after launch with that IC v Veeky Forums bullshittery?

Yes... you can also have up to 3 residences.

Veeky Forums guilds are always containment guilds

Calpheon 2

You should repair your gear, little miss.

Please stop bullying gremlin-chan. ;_;

does putting energy in worker nodes actually do something? is there any data on that?

Watched some introductory/beginner guides, and I still feel lost. I'm just mindlessly doing quests and levelling, having no idea where I am or what I'm really accomplishing.

I picked Tamer, and it's pretty fun. Wanting to try Sorceress and Ranger as well. Are they worthwhile in a PvE perspective or generally alright for someone new?

Otherwise, any general tips?

What if I win?

Both are top tier in PVE and PVP, ranger is braindead easy and sorc is the same in PVE but requires some skill in PVP

Generally, any class is better than tamer.

maybe you should just fucking do what you want to do instead of asking for people to tell you what to do
>worthwhile in pve
every fucking class is worthwhile in pve because pve is piss easy

I didn't ask someone to tell me what to do, you pedantic retard. I literally asked for tips and suggestions because I know nothing about the game

then fucking play the game and find out about it

Whoosh

This is why normal game discussion is never seen in this general. People like you run it the fuck off.

Stop being such an autistic asshole.

Doing quests and leveling can get boring eventually. Test the waters and try out fishing or something.

It's boring for most people, but you might enjoy buying a cart and trading goods between cities.

Also, you picked tamer. This is the best class to farm with. Go out at around level 30 and just kill hoards of mobs at once. You should get a crap load of Black Stones that you can sell for a lot on the market.

Every class can do well in PvE honestly, some might farm a bit faster than others. Once you get your abilities and gear you'll see that PvE is kinda mindless except for maybe world bosses where you have to avoid some attacks.

As for feeling lost, that's the best part imo, just look for something you think could be fun and just do it, fishing, cooking, exploring, questing, gathering, sailing. Just have fun.

Where is the best place to get Black Stone drops? I don't get many at Susan's if any sometimes...

Do the quests BS tells you to do and everything in the Suggested quests tab, ignore the green life skill quests. Do not enhance your gear and buy pre-enchanced gear from the marketplace until you get to boss tier gear.

Also, you can ignore life skilling and nodes completely until you're more familiar with the game.

catfish

Most annoying class to pvp against?

You mean manshas

Off yourself you fucking mong, this is a massive sandbox game that's different than most MMOs and there's nothing wrong with asking for a bit of direction.

W-which

Manshas for bigger packs and less hp/mob

thoughts on how to dye this?

fuck me

Go for colors.

How much do you charge?

sell marks buy blue coral
sell witches buy blue coral
buy ancient weapon neck

get liverto/yuria until you can actually afford to get kzarka to tri

sell kutum, use steel dagger until you get nouver

>liverto/yuria
worth getting above +15?

yes, at least to duo, arguably tri

I've only got a week left on olvia. Where should I grind 57-58? 150/160/170 wizard

>I've only got a week left on olvia
new player here
wat does this mean

sausans
maybe pirates but your dp is kinda low

Is vangertz still good or rosar is the new meme shield until I can afford kutum?

I already got most of my gear to 10+
should I just be selling black stones or trying to enhance? I was thinking of just selling my 10+ gear, taking the money loss, and just buying 15+ stuff outright rather than dealing with fail stack hell.

on olvia channels you get 200% xp

my meme took off, nice

>200%
100%. The same as any other channel on a weekend except it has a hard cap at level 58.

I love that edgy bastard on the left

Why does this game look like a very poorly modded skyrim?

>fuck me
NA or EU baby?

When you think about it, it basiclly is.

There's everything you can do in Skyrim, plus some bonus stuff.

The only difference is the combat's way better and classes are a thing.

>Berserker
Nords/Orcs

>Witch/Wizard
Breton/Altmer

>Warrior
Imperial

>Ninja/Kunoichi
Redguard/Khajiit

>Ranger
Bosmer

>Sorcerer
Dunmer

How the fuck do I connect the Susan's node? Can someone show me their map?

I mostly meant graphically, but thats pretty depressing as well.

Yeah, Skyrim blows dick and the ratings and normie praise it got are retarded.

Beast race when?

Never, hopefully.

how do people "trade" items if there is no trading? i often see people say "trading X class liverto +15 for Y class liverto +15"

your mom is already a playable character user.

They would both put it on the marketplace and pray to rng god they get it and not some pre-order/bidder. It doesn't well.

So do these not stack with weekend and half hour daily boosts?
Hard to tell with these shit translations whether it's saying it doesn't stack with another one of itself or with other boosts in general.