528 KB JPG

528 KB JPG
/ccg/-Classic Car General

W O N D E R B O W L edition

A thread devoted to all classics regardless of nationality or condition.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/p/1811358-Clark-Forklift-Horn-Button-Kit/1519438041
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

put a 4.3l marine GM V6 in Corvair y/n

Well I was gunna say First but then this butthole posted seconds before me

Is there a consensus on when a car stops being a classic car?

It's hard to go from being a classic to not being a classic. Do you mean when a car turns into a pile of bolts?

It must be 25 years or older and be at least somewhat desirable.

:(

My first WebM ever.

muh three on tree

Bro, this is my first manual drive vehicle and I love it.

I now appreciate power steering a little more.

Me too. One less fluid to check though.

there's a three tree ford in the family somewhere but it's been garaged and i've never seen it. I want to drive it some day.

You won't regret it. It took me about twice around the block to get it down pat. Very simple and fun to drive.

That guys "rare" Ranger thread got me thinking of special edition classics that aren't worth much, here's a neat one, Dodge Dart Hang 10

Fuck.

Hey just so you know, that horn button is the same one used by Clark forklifts for many years.
You'll need to paint it but here ya go.

ebay.com/p/1811358-Clark-Forklift-Horn-Button-Kit/1519438041

Good to know.

I actually have a couple horn buttons in the box of parts that came with the truck, I just haven't dug into it yet.

Fuck yeah guys. The brakes are finally functional.

Oh damn, i'm gonna take these digits as a good omen that my 'stang rebuild project is gonna turn out well.

What year?

That has the perfect blend of muscle look without the pigfat.

I agree. My grandpa has a 69 fastback Mach one with a 428 Cobra jet and a top loader on it. I get a boner every time I go to Dallas and see it

F R E S H

Why are C10s so expensive lately? I really want a second gen...

Watch out or you'll trigger kit Kat and he'll post a bunch of craigslist ads with clapped out shells and claim they aren't overpriced

Scored a GT hood for my torino for 90 bucks yesterday. Super stoked.

As long as there isn't rust, it's all the same thing. Sorry you live in a shit tier state :^)

>lives in a state that's only claim to fame is skiing and weed.
>calls others shit tier

>Skiing
>Dudeweedlmao
>Ranching
>National parks
>Mountain biking
>Some decent schools
>Good economy
>Killer roads
>Minimal if any rust
>Excellent climate

Wrong user schlomo

>landlocked
>full of liberals
>capital is only a Beta-world city
>west of the Mississippi
>admitted to the union after the civil war
>not one of the original 13 colonies
Literal shit state with irrelevant history

>>not one of the original 13 colonies
If you aren't in one of the 13 colonies or you aren't in a confederate state then you're a communist, plain and simple.

Landlocked is the only one I'll give you. The other is just being an assmad articles of the confederation fanboi

ok cletus

Jebediah*

t. 3rd Generation Immigrant

cars were so colorful back then

why are they all silver and black now?

Who knows, I like pastel cars though

Any of them in running condition will start at $7k in my area. (Commiefornia)

mfw bought genuine W123 AMG front lip from swap meet for 50 euros because owner didn't know much about Mercedes stuff

Nobody cares about your yuropoor shit buddy. Only the finest American iron is allowed here. No japcrap neither. Got it buddy?

Replaced all the gauges in my International tonight, only to find out the only one that was ever actually hooked up was the Ammeter, and it was hooked up backwards. Going to have to find out where the wires for the fuel, oil pressure, and temperature sensors are. Pain in my ass.

Oh, one of you asked about the rear tires on my truck in the last thread. They are Futura Enforcer M/Ts

Hmm should I even bother with AN-fittings? I bought a inlet kit for my holley a while back but eventually it has to adapt to a 5/16 fuel line from the tank anyway.

Didn't mean to quote lol

Only $90!? holy fuckerino

Jokes on you, I was at work when you posted this. Also, everyone here knows that I have no problems with European and Japanese classics

>Lincoln, ME

holy fuck dude

Post pictures

Whereabouts are you?

Also,

>Running antique plates
>Not using the model year plates

What are you even doing, bro.

Is this a Dodge?

Nope, it's an International

1969 International D1100

bump

>change oil in Comanche
>go out to check starting system two days later
>completely, utterly unresponsive in every way
J U S T

Looks good my dude. Love those rear tires

That's currently going on with me.

They're Futura Enforcers. Apparently made of unobtainium. They cannot be found.

I couldn't believe it. I've been looking more or less for like 8 months on craigslist, and the only ones I've seen were in Virginia, for fucking 400 dollars. This woman just wanted to get rid of it. She had a '57 Chevy hood also, anybody know how much they're worth?

Do your lights even work or is it bricked like mine

Lights work, electric works, but when I go to turn the key to fire the starter everything turns off like normal but there's no response from the starter. Not even a click or anything.

SD220 or 240 powered?

Have you even jumped the Solenoid yet to see if it's the starter or solenoid?? Have you checked all the fuses?

Brand new solenoid, my only thought could be that the small rubber connector boot fell off and I tried just wrapping the bare wire around the terminal and squashing it with a bolt

I'm going to get a real eyelet fitting and crimp it on when I get the chance.

Fuck mayne.

didnt you post a picture of it and there was a fuck huge crack in the solenoid?

I bought two just because I knew it being a Ford, is need a spare.

Fix it again Tony is a serious acronym for these things, Dale.

Could have a bad starter, try using a jumper wire off the battery cable and touch it to the signal post on the starter (the small one)

If that doesn't kick the starter over either your starter is bad or the battery power/ground has gone fucky

I'll check. I don't think ground is the issue though just because the rest of the electrical system works. I am pretty sure it's the solenoid just because there's not even a click at the moment. Just nothing.

Well if jumping the starter works then it's either a the solenoid or a wiring problem. Check if the solenoid has a good ground too, sometimes those ground through the body of the solenoid, chrysler had a habit of grounding of the start solenoids through the neutral saftey switch which was fucking annoying.

I'll try it when I get a chance. Would be super gay if it's the starter because this one is a few months old.

yep, this is what happened to me

Mine's totally out. It's gotta be right after the battery or something.

>chrysler had a habit of grounding of the start solenoids through the neutral saftey switch which was fucking annoying.
Tell me this happens on the XJ platform. I need to check if this is the case and that may be the issue of my starting issue.

Either unplug and plug back in your crank position sensor or hit your starter with a hammer, always works for XJs, both super common problems

I've already had issue with the CPS, it's a different symptom. Cranks, rapidly slows down. No clicking. Starts with a jump. When the CPS was out of whack it wouldn't start at all.

That blows. I hope this helps. The battery is new so it shouldn't be that either.

Warranties are fucking awesome.

Sounds exactly like a junk battery. Have yours tested at a shop for the CCA or try a battery you know is good. Even if a battery is fairly new, a dead cell is possible, had a few of those at work

Battery is brand new. I may actually do that. But first, I do need to get the thing unfucked electrically.

>try a can of memefoam in the intake
>get to last step, cant stall the mighty LA with seafoam
>kill it via key
>wait 20 min
>fire it up and go for a drive to clear out the smokescreen
>install new plugs
>runs like absolute ass
im gonna go out on a limb and say the shit killed the o2 sensor since it runs just as bad with or without it connected now
i hate early efi.

>i hate early efi.
I have a renix jeep. Fuck this thing.

>46 year old throttle return springs have the tension of wet spaghetti
>Have to punch the throttle to get the throttle to close back down to idle at stoplights
>Nobody in the city has them, most places won't even bother checking
>Place in Sweden has them for five bucks a pop
>International shipping is a flat rate of $80

Fuck me right in the ass

Can you not just make one? I had to adapt to random shootings from click top pens to work on my carburetor because the throttle stop bolt spring had failed after 50 years of tension. Driving around with the gas pedal pushed a1/4 of the way all the time was lame

>to random shootings from
Two random springs

im planning on converting back to a carb but i want to wait till i have a 360 ready to go in since the 318 intake parts wont work worth a damn on a 360 and vis versa.
you considered swapping to carb?

Might as well. Harness looks shot to hell anyway.

I tried making them, but it's such an oddball shape and quite a thick gauge that I eventually just said to hell with it and ordered the proper ones. Thankfully the car doesn't really NEED anything other than those springs, so that's the biggest purchase I have for now. Although an electric fan will be the next thing on the list, as well as getting a deck and speakers wired in. Driving in silence is getting old quick.

What fan are you getting? I might be getting my radiator boiled out while the engine is getting swapped and I need a fan that isn't just crank driven.

>Crank driven

That's exactly what I've got right now and it sucks sitting in traffic in the summer. I'm just getting a 16 inch universal fan. Mount it in front of the radiator to push air into the engine bay, then remove the crank mounted fan and just leave the pulley there to drive the alternator belt.

Why not run both fans for Max airflow? I thought pull fans where not effective than push btw

>where not
Were more

Do you think when all the boomers start dying off it will cause classic car prices to fall? Or do you think prices will climb higher forever like works of art?

hello americans what car is this

>prices going down
eternal optimist eh?
they might go down if we have a major societal downturn, other than that, dont expect much