/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi64QwNZ3WU
youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R3oSAVwcD4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

niggers

third for bullying tigrex with gs

Asking again from previous thread

CB is for cucks
go back to MH4U and stay there forever.

Been hearing about the new monster BOGmazios. Can someone give me a picture and a quick rundown on it?

>tiny brain isn't Mizutsune instead of Tama
disappoint.

Shit image OP, kill yourself

I'll consider it

Spirit gauge all the time. Crits are the best for you.

This. Probably made by some discord furry.

Getting into bow isnt hard if you know its mechanics but I guess theres the fact that you wont be aware about many of them if you dont google it, same with CB where if you blindly play the game and pick that weapon up you will never find out about 70% of the involved mechanics.

Or if you never check any of the tutorials inside the game.

>Its not hard if you know the mechanics
you could say that about pretty much every weapon, my dude.

The difference is that unlike other weapons save for LBG (and to a lesser extent, HBG), you'll have to actually manage your limited resource of PCoats and know where to hit to get the most of them, or you'll be in for a really shitty time.

Managing elevation and critical distance and having to use Aim Mode instead of a targeting reticle is also not as easy as the other gunning weapons.

Wycademy agents came and confiscated all of my rundown research but I managed to keep this painting hidden.

Toka element LS isn't bad but I'm pretty sure in gen you just want to go for hellblade LS and critical meme armour optimally.

Style depends on the fight, not sure what's TA optimal but in my experience depending on the monster guild or adept feels best to me. For adept you need to actually use the adept dodge, as in it's imperative to get your gauge leveled up because otherwise you're defaulting to sakura slash like an idiot. When it works right, though, you get all the way to red (a MASSIVE boost) in like the first 10-20 seconds of a fight, where it would normally take about a minute.

Some people prefer striker over guild but I don't think it's worth trading your spirit infinite. It might total more damage, since striker weapons generally get a damage bonus in addition to the extra HA slot and "simplified" moveset, but imo if it ruins the feel of the weapon it's not worth using outside of TA.

i need tail cuts

what weapon will give me the best tail cuts

ez, hammer

>the gunner weapon with the most damage per ammo and the same ammo capacity as the one with way more damage per shot but way less per bullet is the one that struggles the most with ammo
???

Greatsword, the weapon of lords.

What's the chances of gobul or tigerstripe zimzam coming back? Para weapons get my dick rock hard and Gen was sorely lacking in para weapons that aren't shit.

I actually have a much easier time aiming with bows, but I suppose that could just be because I've used them for hundreds of hours longer than LBG or HBG.

Guild
Striker
Aerial
Adept
Brave
Alchemy

how much more can we get! I sincerely enjoy the game just being packed with all this wacky stuff it's reminding me of those fun days playing lost planet the next level is a Coop-Style where two hunters fuse together and then two fused hunters fuse together and become a giant hunter voltron to fight the Equal Dragon Weapon

the wycademy are the jews of the monster hunter world

prove me wrong

>Lets take Rathalos, and instead of making his fight more interesting, just make him immune to flash bombs until you get a break on top of giving him aoe fireballs!

Which game? LBG if it's 4U, dunno in gen but GS is generally best for exploiting the opening on monsters that don't offer their tails up much.

I appreciate such a comprehensive answer, user.

FUCK, THEY KNOW, SHUT IT DOWN.

>and know where to hit to get the most of them,
If you just aim for the head with a rapid fire bow thats good enough to be considered past the barrier of entry.

LS with Critical Junction against tail spins.

mhgen

bow struggles with ammo if you don't know where to shoot

everything you wrote there is really confusing but HBG and LBG don't have to worry about ammo at all by comparison

Probably GS then. But aerial is pretty good for nabbing tails on most cutting weapons (and not much else desu, since mounting tolerance got a huge buff meaning even if you mountspam you probably won't get more than like 3 mounts even on a longer hunt).

I was responding to
>save for LBG (and to a lesser extent, HBG),
Maybe you just meant to type HBG and to a lesser extent LBG? What I was saying was that LBG struggles with ammo far less than HBG does because RF only uses one bullet for a whole volley, that's literally the whole appeal of the weapon and the main reason you'd use Weak BowGun over Strong BowGun.

It was ((they)) who secretly caused the dragon war that made humans a minority. Now monsters encroach upon every area at all times and the citizens have to pay the guild out of their own pocket to get a hunter to save them from being slaughtered and the guild always takes its cut.

>tfw even in your escapism games kikes have ruined everything

oh shit

this is now the canon plot line, Capcom BTFO

I knew I should have slapped that dirty little jap instead of buying his seditious "monhan" interactive moving picture game.

This.
Something else that wasn't mentioned was knowing your shot's charge level and how it may change type and having and having less combines for effective shots overall.

Yes, thats what I meant to say, but I derped a bit. My bad.

oh yeah I agree which is why I love LBG

the few times there are marathon hunts I love being able to fight for so long stretching the ammo with rapid fire

very slim. better to pray that the current para weapons get a huge boost to their stats with their g rank upgrades.

I wish the coating limit went up to 99 for power and close range that would solve everything for me

>tfw if we ever get gobul back it'll be in MHO
which is perfect because I only like the way the monster looks anyway

you reminded me of guildmarm's questline in 4U. something about her using up all her life savings just to make sure you're properly paid for her research requests made me sad.

Especially since you're probably a multimillionaire by that point and could definitely afford to just spot her like 20x what she gives you without missing it.

Always bothers me how games are like that, either you never have enough money and have to scrape everything together or you have so much that money is literally meaningless but npcs still act like five bucks is a fortune.

I wish there was an option to pay her back. In exchange, she gives you the succ.

Equip your tetsu armors and longswords boys, we're going to roll out and put a stop to it.

>not toku
>having tetsu armor for anything but the torso up legs

anyone else ready for awesome new water(fire) weapons?

I'm leading this rebellion and as the warlord I get to wear dah'ren mohran. Generals can wear jhen or lao shan. Captains will be issued drilltusk. The rest of you grunts get tetsu.

nigga y u so stoopid

No arguments, allons y!

hey guys i wanna prowler is worlds strongest naked fighting the way to go?

>Especially since handicraft is a silver sol tradition, while razor sharp isn't.
>p3rd: Razor Sharp
>3U: Razor Sharp
>4U: Razor Sharp (both Sol and Sol Z)
>Gen: Handicraft (Sol R)

shh, just let the child feel good about himself for once

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi64QwNZ3WU

Bomber gliders vs Lao

Why does this song play in my head when fighting Blagonga and Ukanlos?

Why does this song play in my head when fighting Blagonga and Ukanlos?

youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

I use Adept and when I successfully do a spirit counterattack to red guage, it starts to deplete. Do I need to always keep it up or is there a trick to keeping it filled for a short amount of time?

I am not talking about the guage that fills up by attacking but the spirit guage.

Pretty good gonna play that song when I fight them.

It depletes on all styles, that's normal. It's on a timer. In 4U there was no way to fill the timer back up and when it ran out the sword went all the way back to uncharged, which made it a lot more annoying to use, though the timer was also a bit longer. In gen 3 and gen X you can restore the gauge to full by doing another spirit finisher, and if it does run out it only goes back to yellow with a full yellow (albeit more slowly depleting) gauge.

Good god dat dual blade new art pierce the heavens.

>seltas DB and drill art

MOON BREAK, THOUGH.

>add a wind projectile
>literally becomes an anime move

Always keep spirit bar up. Getting to red gets you x1.2 attack and flashing spirit bar gets you another x1.13 attack and free mind's eye.
For armors, any blademaster set will do, like silversol mix or dreadking.
Adept might be preferable for the first timer. Guild is good for endless spirit combo, but I hate having two arts, I suck at navigating them. Striker isn't as good as guild for comboing spirit slashes, but the added art made up for it.

>using close range coating in a game other than 4U

I hope you like grinding

Have fun.

>pierce the heavens
>stairway to heaven
JoJo reference?

kill yourself

This takes the physical abilities of hunters a bit too far.

How someone can be this new?

in glorious silky smooth 1 fps so the GS doesn't even appear to move

>.jp

DB users summon the power of daemons, it's all cool dawg

Magic.

Aside from the special effects it can easily be explained as an adrenaline rush frenzy

Literally floating halfway through the animation.

Normal type GLs in XX now get a 1.2x bonus to full burst damage, up from 1.1x in previous games.

Monsters are growing stronger. Who's to say hunters can't grow stronger as well?

Yeah, that running animation is really cartoony and floaty.

Power of demons invokes that adrenaline rush

>singer says "FREEZING VIBRATIONS" just as you get tremor'd

>again with buffing normal GL
*sigh*
widebros unite!!

The guys at Capcom must be really good hunters if they can timing the attacks to make these cool footages.

Hunters growing strong is fine, sure. The Moon Break art is a example of a good looking HA.

The hunter litreally turns into Sheev during the new DB art.
youtube.com/watch?v=R3oSAVwcD4U

My activation quote is going to be "It's treason, then?"

It's like how you move in dreams when your feet get tangled up in your blanket so your legs can't twitch, so your mind adjusts and you just kind of glide along the ground

As if it isn't just playing with the monster's patterns to force a scene.

>Who's to say hunters can't grow stronger as well?
>4U's protag was a hunter that got the frenzy and went apex after their first gore encounter
>Gen's is probably whatever the fuck hyper is, judging by the way they use and learn hunter arts and the visual effects on some arts
checks out, hunters a few years ago didn't even have the ability to stay on the ground for safety so they're definitely adapting

What bothers me about it is how the animations are all supposed to be motion captured.
Not really sure how someone would manage that.

>Monsters are growing stronger
l-l-lmao?

>apex
>hyper
>deviants
>g-rank bouts of autism leading to wombo combos

>not running it alongside wolf's maw on striker or guild, waiting for maw to ready and making your maw shoutout "GIGA DRILL..." and the new one "BREAKAH!!"
If you don't want to be anime just play 4U instead you f*kin patrician...