Do you guys think that the FX4 Level 2 Ranger will go up in price from rarity in the future...

Do you guys think that the FX4 Level 2 Ranger will go up in price from rarity in the future? I read somewhere (idk if it is true or not) that there were around 18,000 (out of over 2 million Rangers sold in North America) made. I have one (not mine in pic) and that number sure seemed accurate because I had to buy mine from out of state and ship it, because I could only find two in my entire state for sale.

Other urls found in this thread:

tacomahq.com/163/what-is-tacoma-prerunner/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Do you guys think that the FX4 Level 2 Ranger will go up in price from rarity in the future?
0 chance

What makes it so special?

Junk

Comes with an 8.8 inch rear end with a 4.10 gear ratio and a Torsen limited slip diff. It also had tow hooks, front, mid and aft skid plates, Billstein suspension, stiffer torsion bars, seats with blue or red inserts (you couldn't get those seat covers on any other Ranger) chrome shifter with glass ball knob, 15" Alcoa aluminum wheels, came stock with 31" BFG KO tires, and some (very few) have a manual t case.

I'd bet yes.

Parts that are specific to the Level 2 are already expensive AF. It was cheaper to get my seat cover reupholstered ($100) than to get a new seat cover.

it wouldve probably been worth something if the package included an exclusive engine like a bigger v6 or a v8.
18,000 isnt that limited of a production, and thats on a model that was sold millions of times.
I would assume no, but only time will tell.

I dont know if trucks with rare trims are regarded in the same light as passenger cars with rare trims. Trucks gets used and abused, and I bet many with this pkg will be put to the test.

Owning a rare trim vehicle sucks when you need parts, then add five or fifteen years time to that, and it sucks ever more.

im already seeing that, bought a damn Mazda B4000 2008 and on Rockauto for canadian prices 1 taillight is 130$ and the Ranger one is 30-40$ lol

Yeah. I have seen the wheels go for like $150 a piece.

>bought a new chevy
>drove my '95 ranger for 6 years
>at 280k mi she still shifts and drives great
>has a couple of minor ticks for an old truck
>want to find her a good home
>no one wants it because it has the Ford tag

Fuck these retards, Rangers are great.
Im asking below blue book too, though i think the standard shift turtle truck idea throws them off.

Lol. The only issues with mine is the synchros. Other than that, that the thermostat housing blew, but it was Ford's fault. The never issued a recall for it, but they extended warranties because of the issue with the housing. Other than that, it is great.

Mine has the classic steering pump whine and some kind of clutch plate chirp (from what im guessing).
Otherwise in great shape, except for the clear coat flying off in great chunks.

If i dont sell it, what should i do with it? Id rather do something fun with it rather than scrap for $250.
The shitty part is that its 2wd

Make a prerunner. You don't need 4WD for that.

>Make a prerunner
Huh? how?

no way id drop that kind of cash on it, its too old.

tacomahq.com/163/what-is-tacoma-prerunner/

so amateur rally the Ranger til she dies a glorious death.
i like it user.

>5.0 Coyote swap
>new tranny because a 5.0 Coyote will destroy a stock Ranger tranny
>any part that actually mattered is now brand new
>will be just as if not more glorious than a glorious death
>no death

No.
It's literally the best Ranger. I want one

But it's not going to become a collector's item. Just doesn't happen for trucks. Maybe the Lightning or Raptor but not some Ranger trim level

I found out recently that Mazda made a "Troy Lee Edition" B-Series.

Who the fuck is Troy Lee? I bet this trim was only sold state side. Looks like it was just an appearance package.

Im Troy Lee.
You gotta fucking problem there broski?

I'm fairly certain the last Rangers, from 2004 to 2011, were the only ones were you couldn't get a factory oil/temp gauge in the instrument cluster. Even going back to the first gen Rangers, you could get those gauges (minus a tach).

I want to fight you on this but im not sure i can.
I had to change my '95s instrument cluster after the led's went out and i couldnt see my speed at night.
That cluster had definately didnt have a tach, it was MAYBE 3 dials. Gas, speed, and battery or maybe oil.
It was ghetto.
The new panel has a bunch of new dials that im sure dont register correctly since its a panel from a later model. But it reads speed and gas correctly, so ill take it.

Casually find 15 grand for a 302, lower it, and become the king of truck drifting

>classic steering pump whine
Has Ford ever fixed this?

I fucked up, I meant to say factory oil/volt gauges. Towards the end of the Ranger's life Ford got really basic with the gauges, and starting with the 2004 refresh you only got tach, speedo, gas, and temp. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

They didn't whine new so there was nothing for Ford to fix.

That said, they haven't used the CII pump in years.

If it's so great, why get rid of it?