Best first car?

need a decent first car preferably Japanese. i have a budget of 5 grand AUD and i can work on the car myself so age isnt really a massive problem. im working on an 180sx with a few of my mates but thats not ready for the road for atleast another 3 months.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/modbury/cars-vans-utes/n13-pulser-sr20det/1142923862
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Not to meme on you or anything, but Civic for 3k.

memed anyway friend.

Suzuki Swift

bump

Suzuki alto CB91

>decent first car
>preferably Japanese
CE series Mirage hatch or Lancer coupe, 90s Civic hatch of some sort, Corolla or Camry.

Lancer coupes tend to be riced out a bit so it'll take time to find a decent one. Mirages are pretty much the same thing, just with a hatchback instead. Both can also be made quicker with a bit of work as long as you get them with the 4G15.

Suzuki Jimny/Samurai

literally anything you'll buy will be your absolutely favorite and best in the world since it's your first car. just watch out for rust below and ignore minor scratches/dents.

5k you say?

I have just the car.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/modbury/cars-vans-utes/n13-pulser-sr20det/1142923862

Any tips on selecting good one from all cars for sale? Afraid buying shitbox and wasting money on repairing shitty one

Just be objective, look for low k's, extensive service history, one owner, no mods, research the car in question. Know what it's service schedule is, what it should have had done up until this point, what it will need done in the future and how much it will cost etc

The joy of buying an older car, if there are any serious problems, they're known and there's always plenty of discussion about them.

The most important thing though, buy a car that you're happy to throw money at, because no matter what you buy, that's going to be a reality.

Depends on how reliable you need to go. Work every day, decent commute - get a Pulsar, a Corolla, or a Civic. Don't mind it being off the road sometimes? Go for something older/more interesting - a KE70, or a Cressida, a RWD Celica, a Datsun, whatever takes your interest. Need to be able to do country/off road stuff sometimes? Get a Brumby or an early Liberty.

Like, jump on car sales or gumtree, see what you like in your price range, then do the research and reliability/costs. There's not really a 'best'.

5k for that?! you fucking cosmonout

ive been looking at MR2s and celcias. i like them both. are the MR2s semi reliable cars. ill probably just be driving 4 days a week

i live near ridgehaven aye

memes aside I would get a third gen firebird.
>cheap parts everywhere
>Easy to work on
>fun to drive
>flip ups
>cheap to buy (max 4k)
>never breaks

>third gen firebird
there are next to none for lower than 20 k near me and on carsales too.

bump

bump

Sorry buddy's you're a bit wrong here. 4g15 is the 1.5iL. 4g93 is the 1.8iL and 4g94iL is the 2.0iL.

toyota corolla

2003-2008 Corolla.
I felt like they went to hell with the 2009 to 2014 models.

i own an 06 and ill be damned if that little guy isnt a trooper, if you break that thing you have to be a special kind of retarded. feel kinda sad that he isnt my dd anymore.