Sleeper thread

Post unassuming cars

I'll start with one of my favorites, the Buick Grand National.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_(car)
youtube.com/watch?v=MiuLvLobAs4
youtube.com/watch?v=MzWVhK_3D7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=uf2IRBcf-vU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

another one of my favorites, the galant vr4

mercury marauder

>unassuming
>Grand National
>blackout everything
>power six emblem everywhere
No. What you're looking for is a Turbo T-Type

I know to anyone with a minimally trained eye the grand national is way too loud, but to a lot of other people it just looks like another old person's car, except maybe better styled like one that is modified. at least that's the impression i got of it when i first saw it.

Those tires and that intercooler look threatening. i'll bite, was this a thing or going to be a thing out the factory or something?

Some car enthusiasts don't even know what it is.

It's a Holden Calais.

I thought it was a monte carlo at first, not extremely unassuming. Maybe jdmfags wouldn't know

It's a Chevrolet Omega.

The Chevrolet Lacetti WTCC R+ was an extremely limited edition of the standard Korean built Lacetti (coughrebadgeddaewoocough). It was built to celebrate the success of the Chevrolet Lacetti WTCC racing program. Available as a 4 door sedan or wagon. The car came with a special body kit, 17" Team Dynamics wheels, a special Alcon big brake kit, and under the hood is a supercharged 1.8L Opel I4 making about 170 HP.

Sorry I meant in the USA. Fuggin Aussie.

I've just seen so many hoodrats customize cars with similar body styles that i didn't give it a second thought, except for maybe the lack of fuck huge rims.

How do you even buy one of these in the US?

ex police car.

>4g63-t swap

The Ford LTD in the Fox Body platform offered a "police package". This means you could drive this homely looking '85 Ford LTD and it's literally a Mustang with an extra two doors.

Chevy SS, very rare.

GMC Syclone. Looks like a boxy 90's pickup. Has a turbo charged 4.3L V-6, with all wheel drive.

1JZ-GTE bruh

wasn't there a turbo AWD Dodge Caravan? its engine served as a predecessor to the srt4's?

turbo? yes.
AWD? no. FWD
predecessor to the SRT4 engine? depends on how you look at it.

/threas

I meant thread. I am piss

The regular 3.0L 6 is also pretty zippy

FWD, rated at like 150 HP, and they weighed like 3500lbs

Most sho's

sup Zeos

it's a caprice dipshit

sometimes dealers have them in stock, due to the village not buying all of the cars they ordered. its a rare but it does happen.

>nice family shuttle, faggot
>450 hp stock, can throw parts at it until 800 hp, AWD

That one Twingo that keeps wrecking shit on the ring.
Pretty sure it has racing livery, but if you painted it normally nobody would know.

Volvo V40 T4 from 1999-2003. 200HP for no reason

Due to GM's wonderful marketing (read: none) I thought the SS and Caprice PPV were basically the same thing with the SS being slightly nicer inside.

Which itself is a hell of a thing since the name Caprice used to mean the top luxury trim of an Impala. Fucking GM.

what the actual, damn im gonna look out for one now.

Turbod jdm h22a

underrated.

>that time Ford made a Lincoln branded Mustang

Yeah, except for the fact that their numbers are literally in the low four digits, even fewer nowadays. Its rarity alone gets rid of its sleeper status.

That 150 HP rating doesn't seem impressive these days but back then, that was goddamned impressive.The normal N/A 2.5L cars made 100 HP, and 150 HP from the turbo models wasn't far off the horsepower of the 305 V8 Chevy Camaro. Those fuckers were quick for the time.

Then the Taurus SHO came along and fucking wrecked everything.

>Then the Taurus SHO came along and fucking wrecked everything.
So then, the ultimate sleeper would be the Taurus SHO, right? Classic '92 2nd generation shown here in Conan Racing Green...

You dumb fags don't know what a sleeper is. OP is especially retarded if he thinks a blacked out GN isn't "unassuming".

Pic related, an actual sleeper.

"Sleeper"

How? How is that a sleeper? Because it's a V6? I bet there are 10 mid-size sedans of that era with the same, if not more, performance than that car. A sleeper, by definition, is a car that looks plain/unassuming, yet performs like a sports car. A Camry V6 is just as fast as any other V6 sedan.

>German Luxury
>Unassuming

Nice.

Ha. Right?

>A Camry V6 is just as fast as any other V6 sedan.
That's faster than your "sports cars" like the FR-S, Civic and GTI.

Also the Honda Accord V6 is faster than some pony car V6 models.

Please don't bother replying, you're a retarded faggot.

Huh?

I own one of these and I'd hardly call it a sleeper.

FFS, there are like 0 power mods for this car.

(ignoring the shit you can put on that would probably break stuff)

>like the FR-S, Civic and GTI.
If that's your definition of Sports Cars, there's your problem.

"Sleepers" are harder and harder to find because you don't see "police packages" or low profile/high performance cars offered as much any more, mainly because the market has changed. The majority of buyers would rather have a car that "looks fast" as opposed to actually being fast. Those people are called Fags. Enjoy the slide into Idiocracy.

Kek, the Honda Accord V6 used to outrun the Cayman.

Fuck, I seriously want one.
The SS looks like ricer shit compared to its cleaner lines.

Maybe in a straight line. Let's see who's faster around Nordschleife

Bitches dunno bout my little secret

:^)

you sound more like a faggot than anyone else

not everyone shares your bland taste

You talk as if it was a 6.9

Go fuck yourself ya fucking clueless seppo cunt. This board would be better off without having such a full-on manlet melbournian poofta cunt spewing dumb shit here, ya faggot cunt.

That's a holden statesman/caprice.

You you fucking Veeky Forumstists fuck off with this goddamned meme.

None of you fucks are going to run the ring, and even if you did you wouldnt have the skill to run a sub 9:00 time in Porsche 911 GT3 or GTR or whatever the fuck. You'd be lucky not to crash FFS.

dunno if this counts, but i'm pretty sure most people don't know what it is or what it's packing under the hood

For cars currently on the market, I think the Fusion Sport is assuming, because Fusion.

325 hp and 380 ft-lbs of torque.

1/4 mile in high 13s and 0-60 in low 5s.

If I never read the reviews, I would have just assumed the "sport" badge on the Fusion was a bullshit badge like they usually are.

Its a fucking Fusion

*unassuming

Bridge to gantry is a thing you know?

A Cayman driven by an amateur will still be faster than a Camry driven by the same amateur at Nordschleife

Yep doesnt mean you can turn a Ring lap within a minute of the manufacturer time though.

>None of you fucks are going to run the ring

This

Straight line speed is the only thing that matters because if anyone here is going to reference lap times, they might as well go play Forza and benchrace there. This is the real world. Your FR-S is supposed to handle so good and be quick on the track, but it's slower than a fucking 10 year old Hyundai Sonata off the light. Give me a fucking break.

What does that have to do with one car being faster than the other? If I put you in a Cayman at Nordschleife and then in a Camry you'll do a faster time in the Cayman unless you do your best to be slower in the Cayman.
To compare 2 cars you need the same driver and the same conditions.

also only 2,800 pounds. great car

>what's a sleeper

>you sound more like a faggot than anyone else
That's funny you say that because it's a direct reference to "Idiocracy". As the World becomes more stupid with every generation, the sound of someone actually speaking with an average amount of intelligence always illicits the response, "Huh, U sound like a fag." Watch the movie, because it's where we're headed.
>not everyone shares your bland taste
It's not "my bland taste", it's the definition of the term. A sleeper should be a surprise. It should be an "oh shit, how is THAT car, THAT fast" moment.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_(car)

>oh shit, how is THAT car, THAT fast

Example:
youtube.com/watch?v=MiuLvLobAs4

Pretty much any turbo volvo

>german luxury
>V8 SUPERCHARGED on the side
>Hoosiers

I know your a tripfag, but are you really that desperate for attention?

>SR20
>Limited slip diff
>~2500 Lbs

you havent said anything of intelligence just hipster whining

These are now fucking impossible to find. Probably due to SR20DE alone.

This, and it is exactly why I posted the Fusion Sport.

Had I not known better, I would have just dismissed the car as a midsize econobox commuter, not something that will put down 13s, and probably overboosted into the 12s, or close to it, with a tune.

I wrecked a completely stock one a few years ago, I was so pissed

I miss those little, angry econoboxes. What fun.

Yeah, that's more on point with the idea of a sleeper. I think more sleepers these days have to happen post production, or owner modified. There's a guy on YouTube who is restoring a Ford Fairmount, but because it's an old Fox body, he's throwing every piece of Mustang he can under the hood. Imagine this whipping your ass at a stop light..

damn, id get the wagon version

see

i would daily a gen1/gen2 SHO fo sho

>Marauder
>unassuming sleeper
Yeah anyone with even minimal understanding of cars knows that isnt a standard marquis

an 1800kg turd that cant put any power down and is slower than a camry off the line?

>Mein neger.

Actually thinking of buying one

>v6 camry/accord
>sleeper
You retarded or something? Maybe with full bolt ons

youtube.com/watch?v=MzWVhK_3D7Q
You can use the subtitle options for a rough translation

as to the car it's celebrating...
youtube.com/watch?v=uf2IRBcf-vU

The US market equivalent was the Suzuki Forenza which came with a 2.0L Opel engine (C20ZE based) making 127 HP. If you use the Opel engine aftermarket and whatever chassis aftermarket support you can find for the Forenza (using the other names it was sold as helps, like the Daewoo Lacetti, Chevrolet Optra, Buick Excelle and Chevrolet Lacetti), you can make a decent sleeper. The downside is you have to import all the aftermarket performance parts. The US market 2.0L is actually the one production engine closest to what that actual race car used since the race car used a C20XE

This isn't to say it's not fast but a stock v6 camry/honda is something every body knows about, and it would only be surprisingly fast running a fuck ton of boost with good tires.

>BMW BTFO yet again
>by fucking GM
top kek

Ayyyy

Raced one in lemons before, It was great until the breaks caught fire.