IM FUCKING SICK OF PAYING RENT

IM FUCKING SICK OF PAYING RENT

it's literally pissing money away

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_h5fLbfmMA
nytimes.com/interactive/business/buy-rent-calculator.php
jlcollinsnh.com/2012/02/23/rent-v-owning-your-home-opportunity-cost-and-running-some-numbers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Live in your car.

You're going to love paying property taxes on property that you "own".

This.

Both options suck. Owning sucks less if you play the game correctly.

Owning sucks less if you have no mortage. If you have to put huge down payments and have 20 years to pay you are gonna get fucked

I live on a van, I am getting used to it and I am starting to enjoy it, I don't have to worry about paying some fucking Jew 2/3 of my money

I live with my parents and have for the two years since I graduated college. In fact, I turned down a better job with greater career outlook to do so because that was in NYC while I'm in one of the lowest cost-of-living areas in the US, so I come out way ahead

>Be Me
>Move to da hood
>Find 4br
>Rent three rooms to strangers
>Free rent + All bills paid

P.s. don't talk to neighbors and you'll be fine

pp.s don't buy a Honda

>renting to strangers non-ironically
>in an urban area

any good stories?

Made the mistake of renting out to a black girl tryna get my dick wet

She lets over "literal" thugs
they usually stop coming over after the first visit because I'm also black & my street is known for setting people up.

Other tenants are chill

Can't wait till the girl leaves, though I'm considering renting my room out and using the $$$ to pay 1/2 of my rent for a single apt at a better location.

Only problem is everyone might leave because usually I'm the middle-man to everything.

>150k house
>35k down
>would still pay 85k in interest over the life of the loan
>property taxes when no kid to send to school

Sometimes I wonder what the point is..don't think this area is going to appreciate that much. Would def consider the duplex/multifamily route next time.

i imagine living in the van would work better.

Buy a cardboard box then faggot

Where do you shit?

in my area the property taxes are as high as the mortgage payments kek.

also did exactly this
im nearly at 2 years as well

Are you serious?

Any store or restaurant. If you have to shit at night, go in the woods or somewhere hidden.

It still pays off more than rent. Rent is throwing money away. Owning you own the appreciation and equity built up.

How can you live not scared for your life. Pls reply

How to survive in Da Hood

>Ignore everyone
>Don't wear all of one colour
>Act like you didn't hear someone call you
>Don't look at anybody

It sounds like I'm talking trash about this black girl but I knew her from high school, well sorta. She was quite so I thought she was just shy. Turns out she's just the typical

Girl really had the cops over here not even a full day after moving in,
"somehow" her ex's glock was in her belongings.

Have cameras outside & in my room, she knows I'll get notifications if anyone is ever over.

Also it's not like I didn't want to get with her

>Eliminate chances of her friends coming over
>Free ass (8/10)
>Can cook
>Can clean
>not ratchet, just stupid

Just don't want to pay any rent + be involved in anything bs :/

>150k house

Wew lad, 150k isn't even a deposit for a place here in Sydney.

Who isn't? But it has to be done.

I love receiving rent from my properties, it's like getting free money every month.

I wouldn't consider protection of your body and properties from cold, weather and strangers "pissing money away".

well it's easy to calculate. often time people are surprised by the results. they dont count the opportunity cost for the money they have to put down payment

youtube.com/watch?v=6_h5fLbfmMA

nytimes.com/interactive/business/buy-rent-calculator.php

advanced settings stocks return

>tfw sister is always traveling for work and i crash on her couch year round

I have a water cooler that I use as, I put a bag inside and go in it, throw the bag away and I sleep like a baby, during the day you can go anywhere you want, get a cheap gym membership and you have a while locker to shower and shit.

In the mean time I am considering selling meth cus you get to meet the community and if I get a hold of heroin I'll be just dandy, can't believe the amount of junkies this days

Get a multifamily. You'll literally be living there for free with enough units rented out

How much is papa government getting from you?

You've obviously never been to the hood
Planning and execution is alot different in action , hood niggas would be ok the first month or so next they start to slip up then fuck you
How will you get your money when they're taking yours
Not only that when they turn the home inside out your stuck with the cost

>live in area with extremely high COL
>cram yourself into a place with lots of roommates for a few years, pay low rent
>save every penny you make (100k a yr in many cases)
>move out to cheaper area later on

I hear this is what some people do when working at top Silicon Valley companies.

You're paying for all that shit anyway when renting a place. Do you think landlords don't have to pay mortgage/property taxes? His rent income will be AT LEAST enough to cover those things, which people like you are giving him.

10-20 grand a year is worth not living a miserable fucking life in a van.

>bought a house
>mortgage on 15 years, high monthly cost
>don't have a fucking euro left
Kinda sucks

If you're splitting with a roommate it becomes a whole different story.

Lel biz is awesome

>i save money by literally living in a van

Wew lads

Money saving tips from biz

Live in a van and take shits in the woods

This

Better yet, get a roomate/s. Pay $500 a month. It's not that bad. With a decent job you can make that in 4 days of work

Don't ever buy a house and live in your car or parents.

>Living in my parents
Not even once

Makes no difference as already pointed out. Rent includes all property taxes anyway. Over here I don't even have to factor them into the actual rent, they're straight-up operating costs / utilities that are 100% paid by the tenant.

It's a decent idea, but kinda hard if your landlord is on top of his shit. My contracts forbid subleasing. Why would I allow my tenant to make profit that I could be making myself? Either the roommates are paying me directly and I'll charge a duo like 65% each, a trio 45%, etc or I won't consent. I have good relationships with the neighbours of my properties so a few minutes of small talk go a long way in finding out what the mice do when the cat isn't visiting. Illegal room mates tend to get spotted.

Having said that - there still is a case for renting. Property is slow wealth. If you buy, you'll barely profit in your lifetime - it's your kids inheriting who'll see massive benefits. If you want to stay in one place for the rest of your life owning is still strong (although once you have to replace some pipes or a roof after a few decades it stops being fun and games). But if you're okay with moving renting can be pretty sweet. Get an apartment new or freshly renovated, wear it down for 3-5 years, repeat. You can really fuck over landlords this way, because first tenants pay a premium, old flats need a discount. If you jump ship before the renovation has amortized it really sucks and you're getting beatiful new rooms without messy construction sites or fully paying for them. I try to rent only to long-term tenants for that reason.

Hate to break it to you, but you are indirectly paying property taxes when you rent. Except they aren't tax deductible when you're renting.

True that.

Also lived in the hood myself.

You kinda have to always act like you're in a bad mood so people won't talk to you. The problem is the act often becomes real. And thus the mentality of the hood ruins you as well.

Godspeed tho user.

> That picture

> Be me
> Be white
> Dated almost all white women
> Dated one black woman
> My first experience with black females and their hair
> Holy fuck, fuck this shit. What is wrong with these people
> Black females hair is a legitimate relationship issue

>If you buy, you'll barely profit in your lifetime

This is absolutely not true in many cases. In my area as long as you build about 5 years of equity before selling you're coming out ahead compared to renting. And yes, this is with all factors considered (opportunity cost of down payment + closing costs + maintenance vs investing etc).

It's dumb to make blanket statements like "renting is always better" or "buying is always better". It depends on the market in your area and what kind of financial situation you bring to the table.

>If you buy, you'll barely profit in your lifetime - it's your kids inheriting who'll see massive benefits.

true, my grandparents bought their house in the late 50's for around 10-15k and now it's easily worth 700+ given the nice area that it's in.

15k in 1960 was 122k in 2016 dollars so that's a nice profit, but it took 40+ years to make it (based on mid 2000's price).

But it can be here in Madrid or Barcelona. So....

This.
I'm sending in my 30 days notice tomorrow. Move my stuff to a storage locker. Live in my truck in the Uni parking garage. Take showers at anytime fitness. Set up postal box at the University Mail center. Live cheaply.
Calculated that I can easily save 20k in 6 months by doing this.
This is my big Fuck you to the rest of society

you need to find a cheaper apt

and have roomate or two.

move to peru

Yeah live in your car I've been doing it for 3 months now I'm good, I take showers at the y

I live in my car and sell/trade bitcoins and stocks.

Yeah, so did I. So I bought a hovel, took 10 years to pay it off, now I'm a semi-neet, work enough to pay the bills then time out.

I live on my car and run dropshipping and affiliate marketing sites. I've never Ben happier!

I live in my car and I make money from uber and via.

>black hair being an issue

You can blame filthy capitalism and white privilege for that one, buddy.

>not owning a house in the year 2016

rofl

also

>1 post by this ID

It's a big fuck you to yourself, senpai. Stay warm, please.

you'd be paying interest expense on a mortgage anyways, add to that landlords usually pay rates.

depending on interest rates and the time period you pay it off, renting for a short while, investing savings, then buying a cheap home with whatever you can afford can actually be cheaper than taking out a mortgage.

you're not pissing anything away. just make sure you're getting a good deal and you're saving enough to make it worthwhile.

>you'd be paying interest expense on a mortgage anyways
tax deductible, you don't really pay it unless you're a fixed-income sort of pleb.

>so I come out way ahead
For like five years, maybe

>taking a mortgage out in euros

gonna get burned

I bought a house with cash here in the Finnish countryside for 60k€.
Fixed it up a little by little.
I had to rent for two years to save up for it.
I have the master bedroom and upstairs to do still.
Running costs are nominal thanks to wood heating. Insurance and property tax are like 700€/year. I separate my waste so I dont have to pay anything for trash. Water is like 4€/m^3 if I didnt have a separate shit well, but I have one so its like 1,2€/m^3. Thank god the (((shitlaw ))) was nerfed.
Too bad the pay is mediocre at my current job (13,7€/h)

>not owning your own place renting it and living with your mum

Use this as a down payment on a duplex/triplex/quad. Rent out the other units, live in one. People pay your rent and you win

>only white people have non nappy hair
lol

It's true you never really "Own" anything. But paying property taxes once a year is better than paying rent. And you get to say you "Own" something lol.

I actually allow subleasing on my rent house. It helps the tenants pay the rent and gives them some extra money, Everyone is happy.

I could be greedy and stop it but then i would have unhappy tenants that may trash the place or damage stuff passive aggressively getting back at me.

Sometimes greed isn't always the answer.

Different strokes for different folks, buddy.

>used to be paying $200 per month to live with my parents
>moved out and started renting for $450/week
>tfw moved back in with parents, now they're charging $150/week because they've realised the value of a single room

I hate this fucking economy

>It's true you never really "Own" anything.
So long as you continue to suck the cock of a banker.

When the people wake up and realize every speck of dirt is owned by the bank is the day we can "Own" things again, until then, welcome to slavery.

I actually agree and sometimes I'm lenient on conditions. But I want them to confirm with me before they open a commune. I tend to somewhat adjust rent based on my tenants anyway (how stable they are, what they can afford, what their future prospects are, how much they'll wear down my appartment, probably subconciously also how much I like them). Renting out to a timid single woman is completely different than housing three crazy chicks and their one-night stands, throwing a party every week.

If I allow subleasing in the contract I give up any say over what shenanigans they do with my appartment until I get it back in proper order or a ruin. If I forbit subleasing I can always allow it case-to-case, but I'm at least I'm in the loop.

You're right though, subleasing isn't evil or anything. I'd just like to know. And if subleasing changes the wear and tear on my property substantially - rent goes up. That's just common sense.

We've never owned anything except maybe briefly after 1776 until the civil war was lost.

Before that the land tax goes all the way back to England where all land was held of the crown and every had to pay a duty to the king to use it.

What we're living in now isn't anything new.

>What we're living in now isn't anything new.
Indeed, but as you said, there was a brief period where things were alright. Unfortunately as you also said it was right after a revolution, and if history tells is anything, its that history repeats itself.

It seem's as though that may be the case yet again, I just hope it is within my lifetime. I'm sick of being lorded over by the "educated" who tend to be no more educated than a goat.

>Living in my parents
>Not even once
We ALL did it once

LIQUIDITY

he was raised by frogs

More like, only white people are not severely judged for their hair.

You don't pay taxes to the bank you fucking mongoloid.

Naw I'm gonna blame black women for being insecure about their natural hair.

I like fros. I would have happily dated a fro woman.

The fuck are you even talking about. This is the same kinda shit I got from her.

NO ONE CARES. Either fro it, or put some conditioner in it and brush it out into curls.

The weave, braids, straightening shit drove me INSANE.

At least with "owning" you will eventually end up with an asset that you can sell for more than you paid (based on historically appreciating house costs).

thanks man, but luckily I live in the south. where we are literally still sweating in the end of december.

i would love to do something like that. but this is the money I'll use to pay for medical school

buying a house is almost always a terrible investment

jlcollinsnh.com/2012/02/23/rent-v-owning-your-home-opportunity-cost-and-running-some-numbers/

There are a lot of things wrong with that article. Don't believe everything you read.

/leftypol/ is sowing discontent. They have no solutions.

elaborate, then

You pay property taxes on rent too. You just don't realize it. Some states will even give you a refund on some of it come tax reason.

If you want to move, you can sell the house and recoup a lot of your money.

If you want to move and you rent you get NOTHING back.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING.

Every cent you paid into rent is GONE.

Kill your landlord. All property is originally established with violence.

GTFO retard. Your 19th century religion has no place on a business board.

Just read the comments on that same page and do your own research. I'm not saying owning is right in every circumstance, but neither is renting.

But the easy examination is just to notice that renters have lower net worth than owners statistically. It takes a lot of effort and diligence to beat the benefits a homeowner has intrinsically in the long term.

Quick, who is more likely to own a gun for self defense: a poorfag rentcuck, or masterrace landlord?

Porkies don't own guns because they think the police will save them. It will be too late when the boys in blue come.

I think you're conflating "educated" and "super-rich"

Guns are bourgeois comrade. Do you think you're the first person to try killing you landlord after you blew you rent on child hookers?

>Guns are bourgeois
Keep talking Porky, keep talking...

>tfw too intelligent to move out of my parents house

I work a part time minimum wage job and probably make more money than you after you pay all your rent and bills