God's not real and also you're an idiot

>muh complexity of nature
it evolved
>muh morals
you made them up
>muh first mover
the universe exists without cause, there is no first mover required
>b-but muh meaning
meaning and purpose are superimposed on reality by the observer. reality is inherently purposeless
>but if god's not real then who wrote
some faggot who's dead now
>yeah but if the is wrong why does it have such striking similarities with cherry-picked theories from modern science
because you've given in to post-hoc rationalizations and you're an idiot

wake up and stop giving your money to charlatans

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Preach.

>the universe exists without cause, there is no first mover required
Proofs?

You know, this one really puzzles me. We don't know much about the singularity, but it can be assumed it was stable for a period of time before it blew out and the Universe came to be. However, if it existed since forever, what triggered the Big Bang at a specific time? I'm not saying an eternal god did, because that's just jumping to conclusions, I mean, I might as well assert it was an eternal and immaterial non-sentient force; we just don't know.
Maybe the Big Crunch-Big Bang cycle hypothesis is correct and time is like a wheel? Maybe energy and matter randomly jump into existence?
What's frightening is that these questions are way, way bigger than us. Maybe these concepts are just out of our comprehension. Maybe we'll never know the answers.
God, of course, is an easy way out, and I can understand how people find comfort in the idea of an eternal, perfect being.

As a side note, if a "first mover" exists, chances are it has nothing to do with the gods of religions that humans made up.

The universe is everything that exists and everything that can ever exist.
If the universe does not exist, nothing exists, and nothing can not "cause" anything.

>Maybe energy and matter randomly jump into existence?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect
I would not be alarmed if the entire universe is a self-annihilating acausal fluctuation. But I wouldn't bet on it being identical to this, because there's no proof that the forces observed by the physicists who researched this effect aren't actually caused by something else.

>The universe is everything that exists and everything that can ever exist.
Proofs?
>If the universe does not exist, nothing exists, and nothing can not "cause" anything.
Proofs?

Wrong questions on wrong board.

As much as we (amateur) philosophers would love to argue about questions of the origin of Universe there´s no way we can come up theories that are not laughably pathetic, since we lack knowledge in theoretical physics (googling shit won´t suffice on this one) and 4chins intereface doesn´t support writing equations.

The universe is everything that exists because that is how the universe is defined. I eagerly await your counter-proof that anything outside the universe exists.

Nothing cannot cause anything because nothing can't perform an action. I eagerly await your rebuttal that nothing can act.

But what if God did it for real?

Nothing

>we lack knowledge in theoretical physics
speak for yourself

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. It's no use attacking a religion for its being illogical. Religion is a belief beyond logic. It's an embodiment of authoritarianism. And sometimes our society needs absolute authority.

YASSSSSS PREACH.

SLAY QUEEN.

decade long experience in studying and practicing the occult says otherwise, but you aren't expected to understand with your scietism and worst religion that is atheism

>you made them up
>meaning and purpose are superimposed on reality by the observer. reality is inherently purposeless
>because you've given in to post-hoc rationalizations

Literally "things just happen": the post.

I actually fail to get anything else by your post than "things just happen". From your dismissal to any reflection on meaning, origin, vocation, valuation, you end up with "things just happen".
Note that it doesn't even imply that there is no God even though your post seems to imply that.

>Note that it doesn't even imply that there is no God even though your post seems to imply that.

But it does imply world can exist without him. Which would destroy the only meaningful argument for existence of gods: the prime mover.

But what if you're wrong?

Show me your cool magic powers, then, wizard.

Even if I'm wrong there's still no reason to be pious because god never interacted with humanity and presumably never will.
I am 100% certain that the fire-and-brimstone god is bullshit.

hat memes and redneck poetry inbound

>the only meaningful argument for existence of gods
I'd like to add that even if a prime mover is needed, we have absolutely no idea what ita nature is. It could be a sentient being aka 'a god' or it could be a blind force that set everything in motion.

Gonna be funny when that 100% goes to zero.

But I don't care for heaven, so don't you look for me to cry.
And I will burn in hell, from the day I die.

Yup.

Because that's how dumb you are.

>God's not real and also you're an idiot
We all draw different conclusion OP

>it evolved
The complexity of nature evolved, with or without God. With God, it did.

>you made them up
Morals come from human nature. Do what you will, and also, do to others as you would have done for yourself.

There is. One thing causes a chain reaction. Therefore, due to one circumstance, all evolved and developed into life.

>meaning and purpose are superimposed on reality by the observer. reality is inherently purposeless
Everything has a higher meaning. The illusion of form, the physical reality, is to say that the possessions and accomplishments we have are permanent.

>some faggot who's dead now
Nothing dies. All forms of life are sustained by energy, which leaves the mass of the body at death.

>because you've given in to post-hoc rationalizations and you're an idiot
Quantum Physics and different religious concepts do tie in together. It is well known by the smart scientists, while the secular ones conceal the information by fooling the world that their atheistic science is the objective truth. Unfortunately, this is a great way to conceal these truths.

The good news is that most hardcore atheists become very spiritual later in their life time.

if i'm going to hell you're coming with me
because Jesus can't save you if he's not god, and the chance of Jesus being god is zero

Christ is direct manifestation of God. You can be saved from "hell" right now.

No, thanks. What part of "eternal salvation" and "eternal life" don't you get, again?

>and the chance of Jesus being god is zero

I bet you're hard pressed to do anything but deny the sinless life of Jesus, the hundreds of fulfilled prophecies He accomplished, the dozens of miracles He performed, and His resurrection.

God doesn't exist so your claim that Jesus is his manifestation is moot

I disagree with the logical basis upon which all beliefs in your book of magic desert fairy tales are founded upon

I bet you're hard pressed to find any source other than the Bible that confirms any of these "prophecies" and "miracles". I bet you'll die before Jesus returns from heaven, just like every other human that's ever going to die.

Actually, they're all over the world. Creation stories, Fall of Man stories, Global Flood stories, Long Night stories; and they're constantly digging up cities that were in the bible, and nowhere else.

The bible tells the story of the world from creation to end, which is something only God can do.

You're free to be all pissed off at God for what you've turned your life into, but it really won't help you much.

Not so much, no. The following is a compilation of things you can glean about Jesus from extra-biblical sources, virtually all of them hostile:

Jesus was born and lived in Palestine. He was born, supposedly, to a virgin and had an earthly father who was a carpenter. He was a teacher who taught that through repentance and belief, all followers would become brothers and sisters. He led the Jews away from their beliefs. He was a wise man who claimed to be God and the Messiah. He had unusual magical powers and performed miraculous deeds. He healed the lame. He accurately predicted the future. He was persecuted by the Jews for what He said, betrayed by Judah Iskarioto. He was beaten with rods, forced to drink vinegar and wear a crown of thorns. He was crucified on the eve of the Passover and this crucifixion occurred under the direction of Pontius Pilate, during the time of Tiberius. On the day of His crucifixion, the sky grew dark and there was an earthquake. Afterward, He was buried in a tomb and the tomb was later found to be empty. He appeared to His disciples resurrected from the grave and showed them His wounds. These disciples then told others Jesus was resurrected and ascended into heaven. Jesus’ disciples and followers upheld a high moral code. One of them was named Matthai. The disciples were also persecuted for their faith but were martyred without changing their claims. They met regularly to worship Jesus, even after His death.

Are you the shroud guy from that other thread?

Not that guy, but the only shit that's nailed down conclusively about Jesus is that he was born, baptized, preached, and crucified. You need to exercise more historical rigour.

ITT: Who gives a fuck?

Top quality image OP

except the flood never happened; does that mean the book is bullshit?
oh no, of course not. I'm sure you have some excuse as to why the immutable truth of god is allowed to contain inaccuracies

The existence of God is irrelevant in terms of perceiving and taking part in an organised religion, because the society worships itself through the actions containing taboo and sacrum.

Christ is a manifestation of God.