Would you daily a kit car, Veeky Forums?

Would you daily a kit car, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lG1WBCrPGn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if its faster then the pigs sure

I'd daily a caterham if it had a roof, not that I'm worried about rain or anything but it would get stolen by gypsies faster than I could blink if I left it outside

Not that one.
Maybe a Daytona coupe kit car though.

throw a nice reliable Toyota engine in there and its pretty much just a fiberglass an aluminum MR2.

I would daily this no matter how uncomfortable it is. I would get pleasure in other people getting pleasure by looking at it.

i own a ford, it's pretty much already a kit car

>parts bin special all year every year

Hell yeah.

I'd put a Mazda KL or Alfa Busso in there just for the sound.

Probably not, I want to live when Chevy Tahoe soccer mom drives into me. As far as reliability sure if I built it myself as I'm an autistic engineer of German heritage and nothing gives me more pleasure than routine things being done perfectly.

Not unless I built it myself to have a comfy seat, climate control, and a proper stereo.

I'm toying with the idea of making my own car someday, from the remains of other cars. Custom-build a chassis from aluminium, then start raping donor cars from scrapyards for their parts. Fibreglass body panels that can just be unbolted and removed to work on the innards, absolute minimum levels of bulk, and top-tier suspension.

If there was one suitable for daily driving I would. Everything is roofless or an ULTRA XTREME TRACK WEAPON

RCR SL-C Superlite

Yup.

On average, no

>I'm an autistic engineer of German heritage and nothing gives me more pleasure than routine things being done perfectly.

Prost

Reminds me of the Corvette Daytona prototypes.

muh hurritug

>put 2gr-fe
>its the grandpa evora

Maybe this

So, minus the junkyard parts, basically what everyone wishes production cars were built like?

You all have great taste. I love all of these kits, although I think the gtm is a smidge worse than the superlite, since the superlite has a gigantic engine bay, compared, and can house a v12 happily. Also, lambo tranny. 818c is /so/ close to perfection, it would be my favorite kit of all time if it could house a Porsche h6, the ez36 doesn't cut it. Lister bell/hawk kits are raw, pure sex. Would drive all day, I'd love one with a clam duct and a busso 3.6 for a track beast. Daytona coupe is one of my favorite front engine cars.

Many SL-C's are running an LS3 or LS7.

I used to be super into the 818, but know what you're getting into. Factory five has to make money, and it shows. The kit is apparently a little rushed to market. You're better off sourcing individual parts than buying a donor, and there are numerous issues such as sometimes spotty welds, horrendous bump steer, the engine itself not being in its original orientation (messed up fluid levels), cooling, how much work the fiberglass takes, etc. It's still on my radar but I'm not as in love with it as when I started researching it. If you're willing to take the time to fix all the issues it will be fantastic, you can even probably put A/C in it, it will just take a lot of work. Also apparently even with just 2wd the WRX trans is garbage, although the STI six-speed does fit now.

Are Corvette motors reliable enough? If then I'll put a corvette engine in it and make the suspensiona bit more softer for that added daily driver comfiness.

>Are Corvette motors reliable enough?
Fuck yes nigga.

>put a corvette motor in a midship designed for a transverse v6

youtube.com/watch?v=lG1WBCrPGn8

So how are you going to fit an LS in there? That's a much smaller engine.

One of these with a Boxer motor and I would DD it.

Didn't these come with boxers from beetles?

there is plenty of spare room

you can order some with Beetle engines or Boxer engines.

Beetle engines are boxer 4s. Do you mean an EJ series Subaru engine?

yea, those. I didn't know that Beetle engines were boxer engines.

Nice geep buddy now get the cool shoeshine

Basically. I'd be replacing the parts from older cars with brand new ones, as they wear, and design it to be modular enough to just swap shit out when it dies or I can't get hold of parts.

put a volvo i5 inside and smile all the way.

2jz is too common. Id totally do a i5 swap and let 'er rip.

I would love to have a GTM but the way they did the window trim on the doors is unattractive. Everything else is 10/10.