/ng/ - Nioh General

>why do I have to make the thread edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p3f1xDLCUAY
oscarpro.co.jp/talent/takei/
fextralife.com/nioh-dlc-information-pvp-new-difficulty-first-dlc-details/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tome cute

I have literally never wanted to fuck a video game character more than I want to fuck Okatsu.

Atlas Bear a shit

All the girls in the game are based on their actresses. Only a Ieyasu and Mitsuhide are based on their actor.

Kusarigama appreciation thread

youtube.com/watch?v=p3f1xDLCUAY

Fire bird triggers automatically upon death, kicking you into LW mode with 1 HP when you come down.
Best spirit.

>yamato in way of the strong

Well its the whole chest more or less but just shit like that put it into perspective.
fun fact: stretch your arms to either side and if you measure from fingertip to fingertip is how tall you are. Each ones about 2/5ths your height and you're chest is generally the final 1/5th. The game would break as its instant discord on anything you touch.
go to Options and disable show helmet.

would heavy armor + kusarigama build work? those attacks look like they could have some benefit from hyperarmor

>Die with 7 million souls right around the corner from a shrine
>Respawn
>Forget shrine is on a ledge
>Step right off and die

it melts human enemies... i actually can't even play kusari without 200 toughness.

Time to put on your bigboy panties, open your purse, pull out your balls, and git gud with sloth.

Eh, if Yakuza 0 taught me anything, it's that the in-game models are prettier than their real-life counterparts. Not sure I want to see Okatsu's and have the perfection ruined. But on the other hand, if she actually looks as good as Okatsu does...

WHITE SHITTERS GET OUT THIS THREAD BELONGS TO GLORIOUS RED CONQUERORS

it's what i run, the raging bull set plus shinka.

Can any user with the Fanatic set make a revanent of themselves to help me out with a build?

Even with cruise control you still gotta steer, buddy.

What's the better Omyouji mystic art? How significant is the extension one? And does it apply to debuffs you cast on the enemy too, like Sloth etc.?

>sloth
>on a gorillion snakes

can you not just use the hand cannon?

This is okatsu.
oscarpro.co.jp/talent/takei/

>big skelly boss
Who else gave up?

>Use sloth
>Bait head lunge
>Two-shot it by hitting the horn with the giant ass window sloth gave you

Are you retarded or do you really not know this?

I said git gud. You figure it out from there.

it's one of the top 3 easiest bosses, dude

the extension is significant, it's something like 50% for onmoyo buffs and 30% for other skill buffs

in general the fast cast is better since for onmoyo buffs its strictly superior until you run out of stock, and because it also increases the speed of non-buff spells so you don't have to wear the onmoyo hat

i won't be surprised though if someone finds some skill buff that's good enough to make the duration extension worth it. especially if you aren't cheesing with carnage, the value of onmoyo self buffs drops a lot when you get elements on both your weapons

Emi Takei's gotten better looking as she's aged, but generally her skin tone is darker than the Okatsu model and her hair more brown than raven black.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at.

This.
Skellington isn't a fight, it's a puzzle.

nani

Gimmick boss, user.

Purify all the crystals, then jump in the pit. Bust his feet, then run up the hill to where his head falls and give him a headache.

The golden pools that pop up when you purify crystals give you a couple buffs, and can reactivate your Living Weapon gauge, even if you just used it.. You should literally be unable to die to mr. skellyington

There are people on this thread right now that don't know a headshot from a canon takes about a quarter of yamato head's HP.

I wish I had went into the Yamato fight with an infinite ammo build. Hamaya Arrows eat him alive.

I can't imagine what infinite ammo + carnage on a bow would do to Yamato.

pls respond

>use crystals
>use living weapon
>literally can't die if you stand in a puddle

what kind of life drain is best for axe?

skill seems to give me back a decent amount from anything, including grapples / final blow since it scales with base damage

also

does anyone know the highest possible life drain value? I've only seen 23 but I've seen someone mention 40

What's a good medium armor set for a 2kat build?

Muh stats

Body 15
Heart 20
Stam 15
STR 8 (currently putting points into)
Skill 50
DEX 15
MAG 5
Spirit 25

He does have a hit-kill move.
Learned that in coop the hard way.
At least I managed to miraculously explain to the host that the pools recovered his amrita gauge.
Seriously, I almost had an ulcer when I saw him using spirit crystals right by the pools.

Go to reddit.

master swordsman's

>currently putting points into
don't

>Giant Centipede boss
BOY I COULD FIGHT THIS RETARDED BUG ALLLLLLLLL DAY

I'm fucking offended.
I probably will.

>boss rush mode soon

Yes please, going through an entire level to farm boss materials is a fucking pain

This man speaks the truth: Also, shouldn't you put those dex points into magic?
Carnage, elemental buffs, kekkai, guardian spirit, etc
Its well worth it.

skill/dex has way more synergy than skill/magic

kusari 2kat were made for eachother

I wonder how many shitters sloth'd their way through the entire game and then came to Veeky Forums to shit on people for using sloth?

Depends. I got a 2kat with quick attack life drain 231 and its just a shit purple.
Skill life drain probably sits at 50 max though thats still pretty shit as far as lifedrain goes but you're using an axe so you're stuck with that unless Beyblade counts as a quick attack or something.

does the thrown blade talent affect kunai? (the description specifies shurikens)

shit

is anything above ~20ish just ulta rare then?

>devil may cry: combos, repeated enemies with little variety, dude with white hair
>diablo: loot system
>dark souls: stamina and weight system
>ninja gaiden: area/enemy design and stances

YES!
E
S
!

yes

and the elemetal shuriken too

That is IF he's using kusari.
Choice of weapon is as optimal as your opinion goes. If the guy likes it, dex is the way to go.
I prefer 2kat/spear.

Shuriken Shooter does work on kunai, so I GUESS it would work.
Not nearly sure. Maybe a main ninja guy can give a better answer

Outside of Divine yes.

I used it on release day because I didn't know what it was, hit an Onyudo with it and saw what I had done

I don't like trivializing games until I've experienced it normally first, so I never used them again. but now I don't need them anyways because I can kill things fast and just not get hit

you prefer using weapons that have no stat synergy whatsoever

Wow it just went from impossible to trivial. Thanks, Anons!
I'm going to take a break and watch a video or something now because fuck that guy.

here

Yes I'm mainly a 2kat/kusarigama user

"chalice dungeons" would actually work in this game.

also a "bloody palace"mode would be welcome.

I am a shitter who uses sloth
I wouldn't shit on anyone for using it
Summoning though is for the real shitters.

The game pretty much is chalice dungeons. Winding, repetitive corridors that fold back in on themselves.
There are bloody palace-esque missions where shit keeps pouring in on you but a proper mode would be awesome.

>dude with white hair
But... William is blonde...

I want a lot more enemy spam gauntlet maps honestly with buffed up bosses to cap them off, lots of random loot chests and stuff in them too.

they'd have to add new items and unique rewards and such to make challenge modes like that worthwhile though

>Honda has some life recovery bullshit
What exactly activates it? Getting hit by his Guardian Spirit attack?

He only did it once, but I'm worried about farming him.
I was fond of his spear in the beta, but I'm not committed to running his whole set.

fextralife.com/nioh-dlc-information-pvp-new-difficulty-first-dlc-details/

>In late March (17) they will be releasing high-difficulty missions to the game. There will be 10 types of these missions, including missions that will take the format of classic boss rush modes.

That's a free patch, by the way, not a part of the DLC/Season pass.

all bosses in the game fall into one of these categories:
>giant things with weapons
>superbeasts
>player characters cheating

Anyone that prefers the witch bitch has autism for sure.

You just need skill and nothing else anyway.
Who cares about stat sinergy

But those are some cherry picked categories because every boss in every game falls into one of those categories.

Keep telling yourself that, William.

never said it was a bad thing.
and for anyone who's gonna complain about muneshiggy in this thread: yes, he is cheating, that's why defeating him is a challenge.

Yeah shiggy is garbage, all you need to sloth him to see how much bullshit he does.

>human bosses

Spearfall -> final blow -> rinse & repeat

Pls explain this webm to me

>contribute 5000 glory to my faction in the last two days of the week (got in late on release week because it took me a few days to unlock the teahouse and join)
>get 15000 glory at week's end
>oh sweet, I'm going to do better next time
>contribute over 50000 glory over 7 days, in top 200 of one of the more popular clans
>week ends
>get... 15000 glory

fucking garbage faction system as stupid as mortal kombat's. I'm just gonna switch it all the time to suit my current weapon.

Are White Tiger and Frog Dad easy compared to other bosses or did I got gud?

Did White Tiger first try for the first time on any boss and died only once to Frogs Dad cause I was greedy. All the other bosses were at least 3 to 5 attempts. Shiggy was like 15 though.

Mad Spinner II, one of the axe's self buffs, Carnage Talisman, and the axe mystic art that increases damage the less ki you have.

Also Kato is a good dog.

spin increases speed the longer you do it
the roar skill thing makes attacks cost less ki

therefore, when spinning your dps exponentially increases so the skill really helps
also i used carnage
could have used weakness too for even more damage

Holy shit did your William really just get gibbed into that animation?

nah, i still haven't touched magic, i usually go for him after beating the second region.

Not sure about Shiggy, since you can pretty much outlevel him anyway, but I know Ii does have some really good AI and tracking if you use a Sloth on him.
The Lifeseal is better on human enemies.

I swear I notice something with Ii where my framerate drops with him when I use Sloth on him, so it's almost as if I'm just as slow as he is.
Maybe Shiggy does it too.

>Defeat Muneshige in lv18 gear no sloth
GOD FUCK MY HANDS ARE SHAKING.
felt good tho

>and the axe mystic art that increases damage the less ki you have.
i actually use the bonus damage in yokai realm one because bosses put that shit everywhere and it's easy to manage ki

Should I get normal game for £55 or deluxe with season pass for £70? Am I saving money doing it this way?

Most popular clans receive less glory, dumbo.
Skipped Danjo's dialogue, didn't you?
Be in the smaller clans and you can receive a lot more. Me and another guy here got about 30k.

>not beating him lvl1,naked, with pnly bre handed parries

s m h t b h f a m

>doing coop
>entire time guy is literally hiding behind me and occasionally uses one of the long moves for kusari
>entire time i'm raping a ravenbitch he's just hiding behind a rock taking and missing potshots
>decide to go slower and slower and kite shit back to him
>seems to get the message and starts contributing
>second ravenbitch he charges at fullbore and dies in the first hit
>throw salt at his corpse, wing the ravenbitch with it, and use the opening to harakiri.

*only bare handed parry

t. phone poster

Ii just has good tracking, but he also doesn't have very many absolutely fucking retarded moves like Shiggy's three variants of Iai slash that do unholy amounts of damage. Also Ii doesn't seem to cheat with his ki as often as Shiggy, but that might be because he doesn't dash and dodge as often.

Good work, nigger.

>but I know Ii does have some really good AI and tracking if you use a Sloth on him.
That's not good tracking, he fucking teleports you back to his weapon and turns mid-air. He does that without sloth as well.

Not to mention they can keep attacking out of stamina.

>wanting used and broken goods with daddy, depression, and angst issues
>not wanting an actual woman with an actual body, tits, and ass ontop of sexomancy and currently in the closest comparable hormonal setup women of our species to "Heat"
I'm sorry you're sad you have shit tastes.

I want to have anal sex with derrick!

the information about the first dlc has been posted already, so if you like the look of the base game then you can look at the dlc too

digital deluxe saves you like $15-$20 and has some exclusive items and such. Absolutely worth it if you know you're going to like the game

After the first region I've never seen anyone use the digital deluxe items ever again.

>mission level 120
>only level 101
I probably need to grind a bit.

they're just a little bonus

saving money on the season pass + game is the purpose of the deluxe version. plus the weapons look p cool at least so it's an extra exclusive refashion option

mission level means nothing. in fact you probably want to stay well under mission levels

Anyone have the webm of the guy killing the slime above the ceiling and it just constantly giving him amrita? I'm trying to recreate it.

>Not to mention they can keep attacking out of stamina.
I don't personally remember that, but I have seen them regenerate ki from a guard break ludicrously fast.