imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

deader than a doorknob edition

anyone got any.... servers..

I can't for the life of me be creative with my buildings in this game. How the fuck do you people do it? Look at references? Copy other peoples shit?

Yep, copy, modify a little and understand why the builder did what it did.

I wish there was some kind of scaling/procedurally generated/non-trivial content at endgame to give more longevity past the main game. Maybe some kind of new equipment/addons you have to farm for ideal modifiers. Just something to keep people playing once they get everything so that there's a reason to build practical stuff outside of a "creative"/building server.

That wall is done so nicely, i gotta learn how to do those better

I mean obviously how they made it is pretty straightforward, but what's important is that you recognize the template/pattern. The wall is panelled off with the wood supports and each panel is made of the same 2 materials as to look like irl wallpaper.

Starbound was a good way to learn because the game itself was terrible

It's a shame some furniture has this garbage 3D style.

Other than the slightly weird aesthetics, Starbound's building is so good. I don't know how they managed to execute it so well but fuck up everything else when all Tiy had to do was copypaste game design from Terraria. Like they already knew what worked and what didn't and yet made something so bland and unfun.

>eyes peeking out of the caves

Nice.

What tiles are those? Painted switches?

Those are the lights sold by santa.

I just realized that house facades with teleporters are pretty much the most practical housing in addition to the most aesthetic. Don't have to worry about anything except maybe wraiths fucking up your NPCs.

I don't know, user. The teleporters emit an ugly yellow light.

Does painting them change the color of the light?

Nope.

I could host server where we build beautiful semi-realistic house, and have a comfy time.

Hardcore + Expert world Server, forbidden to do ugly hellavators, we will use dedicated miningholes

>Hardcore + Expert
have fun playing alone.

>Hardcore
I hope you mean hardmode.

If you play Hardcore Character it's more realistic, the stakes are more higher when spelunking, it's really intense.

Buuut... I guess this place is littered with casuals, it cannot be helped that reddit is here.

>permadeath in a game where you can get 1 hit by a random stray boss projectile

This is comfy server, who is stressing about fighting bosses?

Besides we will have arena and better equipment before we meet any boss. Stop crying, go back to rebbit casual servers babyboy

You are probably a liberal also

The issue with multiplayer hardcore is that the server netcode can be faulty and shittery depending on the range of playing with others, I've completed this game twice in hardcore, but with multiplayer I've only gotten to spooky metal skeleton of many arms

faulting to memes and buzzwords isn't going to help though

Dug tig.

what mods do you like Veeky Forums ?

The ones that add visuals or minor changes to gameplay.

Did they ever fix modloader running like ass? I can run normal terraria just fine but with mods it starts to slow to a crawl after a while. Wouldn't mind hosting a server if it ran better.

TModloader still has a stiff ram and CPU requirement.

I actually would have been pretty happy with your rhetoric if you didn't throw an ad hominem at me out of nowhere.

Doesn't matter, didnt get server to work

Which mods are the best mods?

So why didn't they make the Terraria map have multiple layers?
>go through door
>you're now in the background layer
>you can build a house there so you can walk through the map without needing to jump over your house
>you can also find caves and secret entrances underground

Probably not feasible on the engine it was released on. The game runs on unicorn piss and glue some times.

Neat idea, but is what user said

If the original developers didn't have their head up their ass they could make something with instanced style rooms.

Honestly the odds of another terraria like game coming out of Re-Logic and still being good is fucking slim.

I love the idea, and I don't think it would be too consuming, performance wise, as it could be just a larger world, but if was talking about shit code and not performance, it might be hard to implement without rewriting a lot of stuff