Korean General /kg/

Korean car owners welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hx1mBKeUeLo
autorimshop.com/hyundai-elantra-2015-17-wheel-rim-70848.html?gclid=CN6cwdT-8tICFUodgQodVMwMJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/suicidegeneral/

Please no. Just going to be a thread full of anti-gook mans that hate Korean cars.

Any Sonatabros out there?

Kia Sedona owner here.

i fucking hate hondas and I don't go shitposting in honda general.
People are allowed to like what I don't like.

Well there are anti-Hyundai gangs that brigade every korean-car threads they see.

They're not the average sane folks so don't underestimate them.

Kill yourself

y

Yeah they're just autistic, ignore them

finally a safe haven for us. any velosturd bros?

>hyundaitards

>spending thousands of dollars on cheap Korean pieces of shit

Just picked up a new Kia, pic related, what do you guys think?

Well they clearly didn't get the memo

I kinda miss my rio, pic related
It was my first shitbox. My old girlfriend's vagina fluids are still stained on the backseat. I feel sorry for the poor sucker who bought it.
It somehow got water in the engine every time it rained and would shake violently at low rpms.

top kek

this is now a korean car hate thread

>these are the type of modifications korean car owners unironically think are good

Lol was expecting you to be here as soon as I saw this thread

I have a 2004 accent. The car itself is reliable and does what it's designed to do. It's still a cheap piece of shit, the interior plastics fucking melt in coastal heat and leaves your hands covered in dirty jizz. My accelerator also sticks because of this and it gets damned annoying.

Just imagine how pathetic his life must be to hate on car brands vehemently to the point he needs to take the time out of his day and insult others. I don't care for Toyotas but do I feel the need to go shit up their thread?

>My old girlfriend's vagina fluids are still stained on the backseat. I feel sorry for the poor sucker who bought it.

kek

I used to have a Kia forte koup. It was aight.

1st gen?

I've been looking at getting a 2013 Koup as a DD. Would you recommend?

Just don't take him seriously.

I don't really like Hyundais, but people like "Anti-gook car poster" and others that make unintelligent "korea shit" comments are starting to make me sympathize.

They're what makes Veeky Forums shit and they need to be permabanned.

>"ban people that hurt my feelings"
Literally kill yourself or go to Reddit you fucking fag.

My dad has one; its a shame hyundais depreciate like shit, his looks brand new (it's an 06) with less than 60000 on it, yet he likely couldn't get over 4 grand for it

>don't take me seriously
>but take people who drive pic related seriously

hooo whee there's some potent autism in this thread

this guy has the right idea:

I never said idiotic comments hurt my feelings. I just don't like idiotic comments.

>Literally kill yourself or go to Reddit you fucking fag.

You're one of them, aren't you? Not surprised how upset you are by my comment.

>its a shame hyundais depreciate like shit

That's good for used car buyers who keep their cars long. I'm thinking of replacing my Sonata with a 2015 Optima LX. Can get one for around $13,000 with low miles, and I checked with consumer reports to see the reliability. 2015 models are all green and don't really have issues (since it's the last model of that gen, most of the kinks have been worked out).

I would probably recommend. Mine was a 2012 I think. I got a good price on it brand new and I still think it's a damn good looking car.

Takes care of that nuisance.

Well I want to filter him but want to see his bullshit for amusement too

Original Anti-Gook Car Poster !NVed2ou6cw

kill yourself my man, here's some more gook knock-offs to get your panties in a bunch

So it looks like a Mercedes now? Make up your mind man.

I'm so happy we finally have a Korean thread.

what a revolting looking monstrosity.

Thoughts on the 2017 Elantra Sport? It has a turbo. 201hp and 195 lb-ft. torque.

You must be over 18 to post on this site.

Last time you said it looks like an Audi. Now Mercedes.

Does that mean: Mercedes is copying AUDI?????!?!

RLY MAKES ME THANK

These are really nice looking, even the base models

Is that the same power train in the Veloster?

Herro.

nice

Gook twingo?

No. Get a civic for 3k or spend more and get something actually good

We told you to get an Accord v6 faggot.

Shitty modern car design. Why buy that new when you could get a g37 manual for the same price

>We told you to get an Accord v6 faggot.
go drink bleach

Bought a 2012 Genesis Sedan 3.8 for 12k last year and it's honestly a great car. I'm sure there are more feature rich cars out there but for what I got it felt like a steal. It's not a sports car at all but it's pretty fucking comfy and it's mechanically excellent even though I just passed 100k miles (I do a lot of driving). Original owner probably paid around $45k for it based on the research I did for the options it has.

What's wrong with that advice?

Why don't you get a V6 Camry instead, Honda transmissions are shit.

You can get for cheaper than an Accord and it's a better car.

The transmissions are fine. It's not 2003 anymore.

Bigger than an Accord and that doesn't have the v8.

Does anyone miss the Tiburons? I bought a 2004 base Tiburon about 3 months ago, and I love the look of it.

it's alright. Nothing to write home about

>Bigger than an Accord and that doesn't have the v8.

If you love smaller cars so much, go buy a Honda Fit, fuccbois

Big = Better rigidity, better comfort, higher stability

>It's not 2003 anymore.

Exactly why you should stop hating on Korean cars. Take your own advice, shithead.

Thinking about getting a Hyundai Accent/Kia Rio when I get back to the states. Is it worth upgrading to maybe the Elantra/Forte or the Sonata/Optima?

Sonata is a more reliable car than the Elantra, so yes

No. Get a civic for 3k.

Don't do this unless you drive less than 100 miles a week.

Nobody "likes" old Civics even if they are reliable (and if its that old it's questionable how good it still is)

korean cars are still garbage.
>hurr durr no
yes they are

hyundai ain't even bad. they're reliable shitboxes. not race cars.

If they're garbage, why are they rated as reliable as Japanese brands, and why does Hyundai have the highest brand loyalty in the industry?

it's pretty fucking pathetic. why not redirect that energy to actually learning about cars instead of being a fanboy fucking retard who mulls over stats articles and PR bullshit.

you got someone likely in the height of his youth arrogantly acting like an authority on brand names and yet he doesn't actually know anything about cars.

truly a sad story.

I look at all sorts of cars every day. Kia and Hyundai is trash.

>even the refutation greentext is simplified and retarded

Very intelligent comment!

>Searching all over the internet to find and cherrypick one of those reliability charts that happens to fit your views

>Finally manage to find an obscure German chart from Google image and triumphantly posts it

One day a VW is #1 and it's last in another. Those reliability charts are unreliable, ironically.

>Mercedes up top

Nice bait. Now find something in English, krautnigger

This. Hyundai's and Kia's are just plain good cars for everyday use. They're not really for enthusiasts, but they do alot of things right for modern daily drivers

>Comfort tuned suspension
>No CVTs except for hybrids
>Direct Injection and turbos standard across the board

An Accord or Mazda 6 may be sportier, that doesn't automatically make it better for everyone. Enjoy your stiffer ride in your family cars.

Also the Genesis Coupe 3.8 is nice.

I drive a Sonata, but even I have to ask, why does this thread exist?

Why do Honda generals exist? Why do Toyota generals exist? Why does truckerfag threads exist? Why does dbt exist?Why does classic car generals exist? Why does Veeky Forums sticker generals exist?

because CIRCLE JERKING

Man I love the early 2000s luxo looking sonatas

It's pretty based actually, I have a 14' sport which only has about 175hp but I test drove the new one cause I'm thinking about trading in for it. I really liked the interior and handling of the car. The power is great too, torque peaks at like 1500rpm so you can definitely feel it. It has IRS designed by a guy who used to work for BMW's M division and the car has been well reviewed critics from what I've seen. Only complaint would be the shifter, but an after market short throw shifter fixes that. Overall I'd say it's better than its rival civic Si or shitty VW gti.

Yes it is, which means decent after market is already available.

>buying a used infinity
enjoy your electrical gremlins and oil burning.

i30 reporting in

Whats some good aftermarket wheels that would suit a Hyundai without looking too ricey? I'm wanting to make her stand out from the other 100 white i30's I see everyday

>Enjoy your stiffer ride in your family cars.
What's the bigger factor to this? The weight or the suspension? I want my next car to be all about ride comfort because no point in sporty for a daily commuter.

I drive a standard Mazda3 right now and no matter how light on the brakes I am, I always get that tiny little jerk sensation coming to a stop. On my dad's auto Elantra, I can come to a stop with the complete absence of that jerk.

I'm fine with the stock wheels that came on the limited sedan. I thought about changing them, but I think they look great.

donk it

DESU if there were an AWD version of the Soul with slightly better ground clearance it'd be a nifty winter car

Copped a 2017 Elantra with the infotainment last year for a song. Can't fucking complain. It's got a sport mode for when I feel like playing pretend.

If you test drove all the starter econo boxes from all brands, im pretty sure hyundai would be at the top. It was for me, surprsingly.

Make no mistake, it's still a piece of shit. They all are.

Just sold my hyundai excel. The guy is gonna turn it into a race car.
I hope it gets a good and exciting life, it was a really good car.

>tfw it started first go after sitting for months
>tfw it was so ready to be driven
>tfw its gone now ;~;

All newer cars in America have lower ground clearances due to safety regulations.

youtube.com/watch?v=hx1mBKeUeLo

Don't expect much from recent cars, let alone the hamstermobile which is designed for road commute only.

>yfw korea still make manuals

>ford manuals where?
>oh paddle shifters
>like the same paddle daddy uses on your ass, fordfags?

Eh manuals are going away from almost every manufacturer. It's slowly disappearing in Hyundai too.

Those wheels have a pretty nice design, I have these shitty looking things

I even considered maybe just a black vinyl stripe down the car or something to set it appart

Yeh naw, I might give that a miss

You could put the wheels from the limited on it, would look cool since they're already Hyundai wheels and they aren't that expensive, about $140 per wheel.

You wanted to stand out and be unique. Donk culture is the pinnacle of individual expression.

You're missing out.

autorimshop.com/hyundai-elantra-2015-17-wheel-rim-70848.html?gclid=CN6cwdT-8tICFUodgQodVMwMJA

do they still have cheap-looking plastic that's apparent even in brand new cars? That was a big annoyance I had when I lived through my parents' two elantras. I see the same shit with my coworker's Kia too.

pic related is very misleading for example. I'd describe the grey plastic as glossy yet dull. It'd be better if it was simply flat.

I want to get a brand new car in a couple years or so but I think I'm out of luck on getting one with a simple utilitarian design.

Thanks for that, I might look around and see if I can grab a set here in Aus

Well I guess it would help if I ever got stuck in a flood or something

The 2017s aren't as bad with the interiors, but honestly that's how hyundai has always kept their cars cheaper than the competitors.

Suspension usually. Stiffer suspension makes better, aka more "fun" handling but a less comfortable ride.

its also the bigger rims and less sidewall tires most family cars come with nowadays.

Is that stock suspension height? Looks clean af senpai