/mmog/ - MMO General

MMO General or dead games with no general general.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

Previous thread: >>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=59LsxXyBsb4
youtube.com/watch?v=yvEtdCJaeH0
youtube.com/watch?v=PK5q0oGRzTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RevPasta

It's dead. There is no more pasta.

Anime

ruined MMOs.

korea should have never started making mmos

I ruined ur mom

single player MMORPG populated by super intelligent AI PCs that act like intelligent, non-toxic humans when

Just fucking play RPG already.

MU Legend 2nd Beta is up, for anyone who cares.

Well, it's up to download, not sure if the servers are actually up though.

Are they going to delete characters after? I don't want to invest time in it if they just delete it. I'd rather wait for the release.

Closed betas should always delete characters. Hell, even open betas.

Not always. I know a few that kept the characters.

Servers aren't up yet, it seems.

Is Elsword fun?

Yea, and Elesis is the best character.

Elesis is shit though.

redpill me on mmorpgs

which ones aren't shit

Whichever ones you play, they're shit.

is TFT still active?

oops wrong thread

Any of you fags playing Closers Online on the private server?

>6 hour maintenance in the middle of the day

g fucking g

>middle
FUCK YOU
I HAVE A SHIT WORK SCHEDULE AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE MAINTENANCE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, THE ONLY TIME I CAN PLAY
SO
GET
FUCKED
U
C
K
E
D

Time to look for a new job, friendo. I wish you the best.

Any of youse guys playing on uthgard?

Not a fag, but I play Closers.

There was about 20 fags in the guild last I checked, dunno how many of those are active

whoops, Krosmaga is releasing tomorrow, I thought it was today, well, that gives me time to try to rank up to 30, I want that special chest and title so badly.

yes

Tried it for a few hours on the 1st CBT. Generic boring shit.

>/revog/
every time

is Dragon Nest EU dead? Don't know should I choose NA instead

>/revog/

Nope. A lot of people still play it. I never had trouble finding a party or items in the auction house.

NA is deader than dead. EU is literally a private server after the complete meltdown of the servers (everyone got literally everything for free.) SEA is filled with pinoys, the BR's of Asia, quite fucking disgusting.

So yeah, RIP DN, I enjoyed it a whole lot before they destroyed the dungeon difficulty, and the goddamn EU server died.

You dun goofed.

I chose a human puppeteer in mabinogi
how badly did i fuck up

Not much. Just make sure you have the stats for it. If you're just starting out you WILL do shit dmg.

Aha ahahahahahahaha

will help you to train things with "kill 4+ mobs" requirement
not really good for actual fighting, because with the puppet soaking all the aggro you'll need your apothecary (herb picking, potion making) good for all the puppet healing potions, while Divine Link skill does it anyway but with pets for any "classes".

Evles are a shit.

Finally got the goddamn quest done. Let's pray now.

Bah, never truly liked the guy. He have a nice effect, but this meta favors big chunky cards, is really easy to have a full hand.

This game is pretty chill. Im still using the starter deck with Iop and I'm destroying people with infinite cards. Is that what they are called?

Guys this is very important:
What's a good MMO that
>doesn't look like shit
>is not gear dependent
>you can solo if want and be ok
>is kinda like wow
>isn't ffxiv
I really don't want to go back to legion
P-please help

>What's a good MMO
No such thing.

Would say Tera but that's very gear dependent. But you should still give it a try cuz it's easy to get gear. Also you're going to have a bad time if you're looking for a mmo that's not gear dependent.

Wakfu

Is easy to win with Iop, they are just like their lore. Just rush rush rush before they can do anything. Yeah, infinites are the equivalent of legendaries, but they are special since they level up, unlocking either more powerful versions, or completly new effects. I love it. Also, leveling up infinites unlock special unique krosmic cards (purple ones, also equivalent of legendary cards since they are limited to one per deck.)

I love this game, beautiful 2D animations and really chill music. The best part are the tier 3 animation cards. Kerub, for example, summon his golden armor just like the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=59LsxXyBsb4

Afkers are pretty bad though. Just ran into one and it took fucking forever for the game to pass the turn back to me. They need to do the HS thing and each time you skip your turn your turn shortens.

Weird, I don't have that issue. And yeah, that system is there. If they don't act, their next turn limit shortens a lot. It may have happened that they disconnected and relaunched the game. That sometimes rewinds their turn time.

Maybe. Also just got my first lost. This guy played fucking 3 infinite on me back to back to back.

Losing will teach you more than winning user. Remember there are other gods as well, have fun. See the achievements, playing with all gives you a silver pack for free.

Ain > Elisis

youtube.com/watch?v=yvEtdCJaeH0

Im unlocking all the gods now and im going to check out the achievements. If my friends like it too imma buy that 5 dollar shit.

Has anyone here ever played Dream of Mirror Online before? I just stumbled on the website and it looks amazing. It's an old MMO, has an anime aesthetic and most notably features a job-change and skill crossing system.

If any of you have played it I'd love to hear more about it, I played FFXI to death years ago and the job system seems similar.

See the marks around his left eye when Ain is in awakening mode? it's the contamination from Henir which Ain got when he was stuck in time and space.

When you become Arme Tahumaturgy the contamination cures

When you become Erbluhen Emotion the contamination stays but it doesn't take over you

And when you become Apostasia the contamination takes over you

I just think it's a really cool detail, ya know? Elisis doesn't have something as cool as that

I've lost nine consecutive Krosmaga matches.

What gods are you playing user?

I'm hyped for Revelation Online gonna vanguard so hard

was gonna say vindictus but that game is the definition of gear dependency. although i think you'd be hard-pressed to find a game that Isn't a gear grind and still fits all that criteria. you gon' have to work user.

I heard from a friend that Closer is made of a bunch of people that left KOG Games to make it? I'm just wondering if this is true or not, couldn't really find any real info on it.

Sram, Xelor, and Sacrier.

I find Sram and Sacrier expensive to play. They are very good. Sram heavily plays mill nowadays, completly destroying the enemy deck. Blue larva is your friend with him.

Xelor require a lot of smart decisions to play, since you'll be tempted to use your extra mana the whole time. They are really entertaining, but you'll be betting a lot.

Sacrier I find easier to win with with the starter deck. Focus heavily on your guard card, that one wins games if played right. Try to get minions that do stuff when injured or dead. A chafer deck is nice, and that vampire that teleports when your minions are injured is very good. Your removal is precious (the kick) use it wisely. Barry will help you a shitton with your card draw.

All in all, don't get tilted. If you feel like having a bad streak, calm down, close the game, relax and comeback later, or tomorrow. If you aren't having fun, don't hurt yourself.

Iop is the easiest and if they don't play enough removal spells its a guaranteed win with first strike and charging on ranged units.

Never heard of Closers until this thread.

Inorite? I only heard of it from a friend of mines like 2-3 days ago.

Just noticed the game has stamina, suddenly less interested in playing.

Pupptry is amazing.

But then again I had pretty good stats when it first came out, so I don't know how good it'll be on a new character.

Yeah, charge mechanic in general need a rework. Shouldn't work onranged characters, and or it should only move, not move+attack. So many things break 'cause of it.

Also, nerf the goddamn ancestral blibli already, he is way too broken as it is.

Yeah, original Elsword devs.

desu I thought Krosmaga was only in french and in closed beta

Release is today or tomorrow, I believe.

>try playing dofus
>its shit
>try playing wakfu
>its shit
>try playing krosmaga
>its shit

i really dont understand
do people only play these for the waifus or what

The best thing is, there's are shops that sells stamina potion for literally pennies, so you can have infinite stamina.

They aren't horrible. The style is nice and I liked wakfus tactics game play. I just hated how the world worked. Never played dofus but Im playing Krosmaga and its fine.

Only way to fuck up in Mabi is if you go over level 1000 without training skills.

Train skills, skill reset, repeat until you're happy with your stats/skills.

Wow Mu Legend must be a really bad game, they put up like 5k keys 10 days ago and only ~1.5k are used up. No hype for the game at all, its gonna be DOA

Questing for levels on an arpg doesn't really work, add a mediocre combat system with big targeting problems and you got a shit game.

PoE is equally shit for totally different reasons but at least it's enjoyable for 3-4 months of the year.

>which ones aren't shit
ALL of them.

>Developers do the same shit because its supodely what sell.

>But then there are some developers that not do this kind of shit, trying to please the guys that spend all their time at forums saying how those games sucks and they need good mmorpgs to play.

>but those guys have different tastes in mmorpg, what they have in common is that the others rpg are shitty. As some analogy all sorts of music listeners think justin bieber sucks. (rap listeners, metal, jazz, funk, electronic music ones, jpop.....).

>at the end just few like the game.

>the game dies because the lack of players or become unplayable because lack of money to add stuff because lack of players.

Dofus is alright I guess, I never played more than the starting zone since is p2p, but boy, that game is still popular after a million years.

Wakfu is beautiful, it had so many changes, some good, some bad, but for me, I don't get bored. 2D animation with millions of objects to collect of all kind never gets me boring. The fact that every armour piece have it's own unique 2D graphic is inspiring.

Krosmaga have gorgeous animations, excellent UI and is unique enough from other card games to make it's own niche.

There is a big, a HUGE plus to every single game of these, and that's is that everything is conected and expanded with series, ovas, a movie and comics. And the quality is great, the lore is really interesting, and the sense of adventure is great. This is why, and there is more, but yeah, you can picture it yourself. Once you get dragged into it, all the road feels so good.

Just see:

youtube.com/watch?v=PK5q0oGRzTU

Christ, the quest dialogue in Closer is a mess and gives me a headache to read.

I wish Trove didn't go full jew.

Today I learned that if a chest makes you high you get a new skill.

>Parent-Kun

Pretty hilarious knowing that I was the one who gave you that name months ago. Come back every know and then and see you're still using it. Through you haven't been acting like MOM/DAD lately.

I act like a mom/dad from time to time in MMOs I play. Always the mom/dad when I play as a tank in MMOs.

It just hit me; why is there no MMO that allow me to be evil? By that I mean... as things are now, regardless if you go out and kill thousands of players via Player Killing (PK) you will remain as the hero who saves the entire world via Story progression.

Why is there no MMO that has an in-depth bad guy story line. Like, what if the only way for me to gain exp and money was to kill and steal from other players, why doesn't that exist as a fully functional MMO?

I think what I'm trying to say is, rather than being the bad guy I want to carve my own path rather being forced to be this super over powered hero.

I want to watch to world burn through my own hands. Where is that MMO?

Does anyone still play DFO?

No mmo like that yet I think.

I main DFO.

Can you try and sell me on it? What's cool about it? I've installed it like 3 times, but always get bored and uninstall after a few hours.

I actually updated it yesterday, was completely clueless on my old characters, and didn't feel like making any new ones. I think it gets a new class next month so I'm just gonna wait for that before trying to get into the game again, usually have some good events for new/returning people around the time new classes happen

I want this, but also to be very edgy, bloody, and satanic. Kind of like a diablo 2 thing, but with current graphics and art style.

I played it over a decade ago, I'm surprised to hear it's still around. As with a lot of the asian mmos popping up back then, it's a bit grindy, but the job system was a lot of fun, probably the best feature about it. The aesthetics were nice, characters were cute, and the writing had a lot of tongue-in-cheek comedy to it.

Have a decade-old screenshot dug up in consolation of the late reply.