Alfa Romeo Veeky Forumsfficial

Discussions, memes, banter, images, stories, etc..

ALL GOES

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHVg-EwfjCoMlBDVEpOOWFHaTA/view
youtube.com/watch?v=sqMrrGgIrpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is a gift for all Alfa Romeo fans (and not) on Veeky Forums.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHVg-EwfjCoMlBDVEpOOWFHaTA/view

It's pic related, the pdf of the "Fusi", a very rare Alfa Romeo book which includes even technical sheets and aspect about every model of Alfa Romeo since 1910 to the book's year edition.

It's BILINGUAL, so a page is in Italian and the other page is in English.

Thank me later Veeky Forums.

You won't find this on internet.

I love you OP

t. The Alfa Romeo Big Book Game OP

D O W N L O A D I N G

O

W

N

L

O

A

D

I

N

G

Alfa Romeo 156, originally styled by Walter De Silva and at the time of the 2003 restyling it has been redesigned by Giorgetto Giugiaro.

When was the last time the same car has been manipulated 2 times by two car design gods?

Spread the passion

Oh shit

BASED OP

Oh

>despite the use of normal petrol, inter alia because water was injected into the inlet manifold
>water was injected

kek

I actually like 159 more, but both are already god-tire so...

To be honest I never understood why people love them so much until I accidentally bought one.

That will be a nice addition to my collection, thank you my friend.

Why must the new Alfas be so fucking expensive? Goddamn I loved driving my 87 Spider quad wearing goggles and a Red Baron Pizza scarf.

This is the 1978 edition.

These books are super rare and expensive!

Just buy used? I mean I never ever saw prices plummet so fast when it comes to cars.
(which makes sense since it's Italian but hey, even fun has its price).

My dad used to have a 156 GTA Sportwagon when I was younger...

youtube.com/watch?v=sqMrrGgIrpk

He sold it for a generic Mercedes C Class and as of today he's still eating his hands.

I miss that fucking car.

>Going from Italian god-tier car to boring as shit German car
lel

Well, at least the C Class was the w204...when this model was still a luxury well made car, unlike today.

It was comfier than the Alfa (of course), more refined and more acoustic insulated but that's it.

Once you drive an Alfa you won't feel the same on other cars...meme or not, to my father it's true.

Meanwhile in Rome...

For the celebration of the 60 years of the European Economic Community foundation

I swear to god the FCA marketing team is fucking GOAT both in real life and here on Veeky Forums

>both in real life and here on Veeky Forums

Kek

Implying

>alpha romero general
>jerking off to ancient history
>bee em dubya may mays
There's truly no creature more pathetic than a 21st century alfista.

At least we have something to jerking off while you Bmw faggots have to face a future with 3 cylinders Peugeot engines and FWD shared platforms with Mini.

How does it feel to be a butthurt pleb?

So, any word on when mods for the guilia quattroformaggi are coming out? The tuning houses seem to avoid it

Ugly cars and an ugly badge.

Stupid meme shit peddled by that limey cunt Clarkson. Fucking fanboys.

I wish this came in manual for american drivers

I've been looking for an AWD sedan in manual and the only things I can find are old Lancers and Subaru's

this alfa romeo would've been great but I don't know if I should even look at it now, its 40k for the AWD giulia

Pogea racing has a stage 1 remap.

602 hp and 750 nm

Alfa is literally basing its sales on FWD economy shit cars and Alfistas are the #1 to defend them (muh best handling FWD ever)
Also remember that the Giulia design is stolen from the 3 series BMW lmfao

>fwd economy cars

It's not Audi eh.

Alfa has 5 models, 2 of them will die (1, the mito forever) and reborn as RWD (Giulietta) and in this year we'll see 2 new models.

You're an idiot or a poor troll

>Giulia
>Stelvio
>4C
>4C cabrio
>Giulietta
>Mito

2 premium models, 2 sports cars, a Golf and Polo tier hatchbacks.

Definitely not low cost vehicles.

Yes, it's not like BMW produces some of the best executive normie-mobiles, puts out enthusiast gems like M2, develops great engines and makes good progress into electric future with i-series. Surely Alfa releasing one good model after decades of shitty FWD econoboxes is a much greater achievement, kek. Not to mention that they had to go to Ferrari for QV. I don't even like bimmers that much, but your merit assessment is fucking retarded.

How much is enough for a 156 1.9l JTDm?
Cheapest seems to be around 1k €, I have 0 experience in the used market.

1500-2000 euros is the upper limit for the 156.

Anyone here with who has experience with TS engines ?

M140i >Mito QV
M2 - no competition
M3>Giulia QV (pic related)
M4 - no competition
M5 - no competition
M6 - no competition
7 series - no competition
X5M/X6M - no competition
Yeah in reality you really don't have anything to jerk off to, sorry.

159 Sportwagon 2.4JTDM

Opinions? Experiences? Will a 6000 eurobux one last me a while?

No competition < Mito QV
M140i > Giulietta QV
M3 < Giulia Quadrifoglio
M4 > No competition (it will arrive)
M5 > No competition (same)
7 Series > No competition (this segment is covered by Maserati Quattroporte)
X3

That engine is indestructible but I'd recommend a 2.0 jtdm because it's lighter on the front axle and globally it drives better.

Any big differences in speed and sound? I'm swaying between 1.9/2.0jtdm and the 2.4 here, in the end it's speed and noise vs. reliability/fuel economy

>This level of butthurt

The 2.4 has 5 cylinders so the sound is better, also its reliable but the maintenance costs are higher.

The 2.0 jtdm 170 hp goes the same, consumes less fuel and is reliable (every FCA Diesel jtdm/multijet engine is reliable) and has the advantage of being less heavy so the weight distribution is more even and the car drives better.

Huh. Thanks, Veeky Forums's the last place I expected solid advice from, guess I'll look into the 2.0 a bit more

>avoids M2
>Giulia is better than M3 because I really want it to be true
Just stop humiliating yourself.
>Also what's the point on comparing the top sport models?
KEK. This is literally the only thing Alfa has going. Normal models are quite literally budget BMW copypaste with less boring design and faulty electrics.
>even the Audi A4 has a better feeling than the 3 Series
You should join the discussion after you get your license and drive a couple of cars you're talking about.

>avoids M2

I didn't, it's the sports model of the 1 Series and Alfa doesn't have a model to confront.

>Giulia is better than M3 because I really want it to be true

7:32, superior chassis and engineering (and engine), plus the fact that every paid-by-germans magazine shitposts on this car is a solid proof that this thing is real: they're afraid and as good Germans they'll never, read NEVER, admit that they're inferior.

>KEK. This is literally the only thing Alfa has going. Normal models are quite literally budget BMW copypaste with less boring design and faulty electrics.

How is this even possible? In the last post you said that every Alfa is an FWD budget piece of shit and now they're Bmw copy paste?

You're confused user.

>You should join the discussion after you get your license and drive a couple of cars you're talking about.

This level of denial.

Even Bmw customers are saying that standard Bmw steering (even the review about the M3/M4) is sluggish, unresponsive and feels artificial while the M sport one is way too heavy.

It tooks a bunch of Italians to, at their first try, make the perfect steering in the segment praised by every review (even germans) and people who drove the car.

The Bmw 3 Series is not a shitty car but definitely the steering is very bad.

first of all that is a different user, notHow is the Giulia a better chassis?
The Giulia sets worse or the same lap
times than the 5 year old F80 with 430 horsepower, add Competition Package for the M3 and it's even faster.
It also weighs 1700+ kilograms, uses shit brake by wire and most importantly - it has to use Pirelli P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico 2 SEMI SLICK tyres to make the Giulia feel better handling on track.
Better chassis my ass.
Not to mention the design that has been heavily influenced by the 3 series, hell the Alfa designer even had to state excuses on how "the Giulia is not based on the 3 series" because everyone was blaming the designers on making a bmw copy lol.

>uses shit brake by wire

but

>Jet fighters and civil passenger aircrafts uses fly by wire but suddenly the same technology is utter shit because a Bmw faggot says so

I won't comment the rest of the post because it full of shit mixed to (((opinions)))

Lmao holy shit are all Alfa fanboys fucking retarded busriders?
Many brands including BMW has been using electronic throttle bodies (throttle by wire) since early 2000's but BRAKE by wire on a sports car is fucking retarded, you don't have any brake pedal feel and you can't feel when ABS is kicking in so you have to rely on tyre noise when braking hard but you would not know any of that because you're a retarded FCA fanboy that has never owned a proper car.

>fly by wire
>somehow related to automotive technology
kek, you learn something new from Alfistas every day

IMHO electronic power steering is shit too yet everybody use it because "muh empeegees or something", same goes with the fly by wire brake. Because the BUYER DON'T CARE.
>People in here things that factory made fast vehicles are "track cars"
jesus...

>superior chassis and engineering (and engine)
Kekking. Great argument, friendo. Again, come back when you are old enough to drive the cars you're discussing.

>pic related: m4 gts pride and joy