/twg/ - Total War General

NIGHTS OF BRETTONIA edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.
Louen start in Couronne
Alberic start in Bordelaux
Fay Enchantress start in Carcassonne
Lots of new units such as grail reliquae, questing knights, squires and many more.
Bretonnia trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M&t=0s

Looking good. Green Knight is a unique limited hero. Accumulate chivalry points to win the campaign. Decide between military and economic techs.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Isabella von Carstein(Legendary Lord) has been announced as part of the War not Peace dealio. She and Vlad have their own faction, seperate from the Mannlet.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M
dashboard.totalwar.com
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191354/is-isabella-the-old-friend
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866743542
store.steampowered.com/app/534330/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Knights you mong.

Imagine being Isabella Von Carstein in Sylvania and having to be all like "damn, Vlad Von Carstein, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your undead body and horrific rotten monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my living version and the real undead me." when all she really wants to do is suck another 16 year old's blood in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Isabella and not only sit in that throne while Vlad von carstein flaunts his disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his necrosis and leathery skin, and just sit there, war after war, hour after hour, while he perfected that necromancy. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on Sylvania tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, VLAD VON CARSTEIN LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his ghoulish fucking zombie face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of WISSENLAND STUDS and PRINCES and later alleged 'disappeared' virgins for your ENTIRE LIFE coming straight out of the boonies in Sylvania. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the necrosis that's breaking out on his dimpled stomach as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get married to sit there and revel in his "statuesque (for that is what he calls himself)" beauty, the beauty he worked so hard for with vampirism in the previous eras. And then the count of Sylvania,Otto calls for another proposal, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the sylvanian security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Isabella Von Carstein. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

FOR ZE LADY
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M

First for the Empire, the one and only true human faction.

HON HON HON

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>NIGHTS

>All those people in the comment section who don't know it's free.

>For we, the knights of Bretonnia, will be your shield

>tfw I'll only have 5 days to play bretonnia before i leave for basic training

>His monstrous cavalry can't even fly.

Who is the Derrick Lewis of Warhammer? That is the lord I'll play next.

>Any Lord and his attendant army who achieve a Heroic Victory in battle will receive The Blessing of The Lady, and will thenceforth receive a Ward Save for future battles. If a unit routs in subsequent battles, it will lose the Blessing for the remainder of the fight, and if the army refuses a battle – choosing to retreat from an attack on the campaign map for example – the army will lose the Blessing. Certain high-tier units, such as Grail Knights, will have the Blessing as a unit trait by default

brb, rejoicing

>

>For we, the knights of Bretonnia, will be your shield

the meme is real

Is that a prophetess at about 1:12?

S H I E L D
H
I
E
L
D

Reminder that a fully functional AOR recruitment system for the empire is coming Soon(TM)

6 days if you follow Grace's orders

WHFB was cool, before they fucking killed it.

>Bretonnian armies are led by Lords or Prophetesses, either of whom may be recruited from the Lords pool. Prophetesses are powerful spellcasters, wielding the Lores of Beasts, Heavens or Life.
From the steam page. Prophetesses confirmed.

Don’t want to wait until the 28th to show off your chivalry? Sign up for Total War Access and enjoy the Bretonnia Free-LC a day early and an exclusive Bretonnia Wallpaper to download now.

You can sign up to Total War Access and enjoy Bretonnia a day early here: dashboard.totalwar.com

What did they mean by this?

Isn't that the Fey Enchantress and her goofy ass hat?

Darren outdid himself with this shot. Pure kino.

What the actual kruk, Umgi.

Its new lord Prophetess.

Bretonnian peasants are crazy and retarded.

yup, thye are just like beastmen or norscans, but smell worse

>rejoice, for we(...)
So this is from that meme came

MY LIFE FOR ZE LADY!

I dont know anything about bretonnia or their nights, what was the dude with the horse made out of peasants?

Grail Reliquae. Dead grail knight venerated and worshiped by Bretonnias retarded peasantry.

>that music
I'm literally shaking right now

reposting from tail end of the last thread

So if attacking your fellow frogs is to be penalised, will Bretonnia be expected to go for Marienburg and the Empire? Having ladyfags loitering in the imperial forests sounds like another 'Wood Elves are expected to take Norsca' flight of dev fantasy. The whole package looks promising but the detail of where to expand and who to fight is what worries me. Thoughts?

If you regist there you can get some free garbage if someone interested

It's a grail reliquae
Basically, peasants aren't allowed to worship the Lady directly for whatever reason, so grail pilgrims tend to try and follow grail knights and take their stuff as "holy relics".
Occasionally they find a dead grail knight and carry him around like that, as the closest approximation to worship they can actually get to. Gives a big morale buff to everything close to it.

Well the Pilgrims anyway. I have a hunch that most of the talk about retarded peasants is Imperial Propaganda. Simple, maybe, but not full blown short bus.

Grail Reliquae

basically Grail Knights are seen as living saints in Bretonnia and are constantly followed by insane inbred goupees, who gather their litter and dung and venerate it, and when the Grail Knight dies, the goupees gather his possessions and carry them around like the madmen they are

other lunatics are kinda inspired seeing a corpse so defiled, so they are used on the battlefield to improve morale

yeah

No, Bretonnian peasantry really is that fucking stupid.

It's not propaganda, they're morons. Barely capable of functioning.

>those starting positions on the store page
I like that they are actually in different areas, not just adjacent provinces,hopefully the campaigns will be intresting

bah, implying Imperial peasants are any better. all peasants are beastman-like inbred freaks. no wonder beastmen are born to them now and then. it's natural. notice - beastmen are never born to townsfolk or nobles!

norse and other barbarians are exactly like that but with no nobles

>"No plea for help, shall find me wanting"

Is there any Bretonnian nobles who actually care for the peasants?

I think that the lives of Imperial Citizens and Bretonnian Peasantry are more or less comparable. It depends on what you want more of; Freedom or Safety.

Anyone here used CreamAPI?

Melee Infantry
Peasant Mob
Foot Squires
Spearmen-at-arms
Spearmen-At-Arms(Shields)
Men at arms
Men-At-Arms (Shields)
Men-At-Arms (Polearms)
Grail Reliquae
Battle Pilgrims

Ranged infantry
Peasant Bowmen
Peasant Bowmen (Fire Arrows)
Peasant Bowmen (Pox Arrows)

Melee Cavalry
Mounted Yeomen
Knights Errant
Knights Of The Realm
Questing Knights
Grail Knights
Grail Guardians

Ranged cavalry
Mounted Yeomen Archers

Flying Cavalry
Pegasus Knights
Royal Pegasus Knights
Royal Hippogryph Knights

Artillery
Field Trebuchet
Blessed Field Trebuchet

Of course not

french version fucking when?

Total War Attila: Blood and Burning - 9B89W-W2MYF-JMLNE

it's like "You shall not kill" in Bible, which originally meant "You shall not kill your own kinsmen" - hence jew slaughtering original owners of Israil, etc.

same here. "No plea for help, coming from someone of noble or foreign upbringing, provided they are not an orc, a ratman or a norsecan..."

Grail Knights are kind of required to, the trouble is they are so detached from them that they have a poor understanding of their needs beyond killing things that kill them.

does this mean if I ask Brets to help me fight my enemies they gotta help me?

See, the problem with the knights is that they literally don't know anything about the life of the average peasant.
You think bret peasants are retarded, their knights are full blown autists.

It does not say that. The commandment forbids murder.

I AM ALBERIC

I AM DUKE OF BRETONNIA

So is Mousillon going to be absolute shit? I ask this because they keep putting undead as the primary enemy of the Bretonnians, but Mousillon only has one province and CA has a tradition of being stupid as fuck. So I'm wondering if Mousillon is just going to be a non-threatening entity especially considering all the Bretonnians are supposed to be friends.

And now that I think of it we'll probably end up with a "Pope in M2" kind of thing since the AI has already shown with Wood Elves that it doesn't give a fuck about the actual mechanics, so dickhead Bretonnian AIs will attack you and then you'll get penalized for fighting back.

what the fuck is that mount at 1:26 lol

>2) She's the FLC because Bart was convinced we'd win. I did tell him that it was his problem to deal with if we didn't.

>2) She's the FLC because Bart was convinced we'd win. I did tell him that it was his problem to deal with if we didn't.

RED DUKE MORELIKE RED KEKED

nowadays, yeah. back then, not really, read the Old Testament for examples.

Knights genuinely do try their best to protect and defend the peasantry but they're so utterly detached from the realities of peasant life that they consistently fuck everything up. It's a case of good intentions with bad results.

In the stream it seemed like mousillon will start with a lvl 3 town and lvl 2 walls, i.e. a decent garrison, so hopefully they won't be a complete pushover for the AI.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866743542

We will make our own red duke.

You do know that there are more than the 10 commandments and the next couple chapters clarifies the rules, right?

they honestly believe that peasants are better off getting only 10% of what they make?

>Peasant Mob

you what?

The lighting looks good in this picture

Wish it also did ingame

>forgot password
>ask for a password change
>"check ur email"
>no fucking email

Can anyone tell me why this seems to happen with CA and Sega? It happened during MWNL too, I didn't get the fucking email to verify my shit.

What is a Grail Guardian?

Someone who guards a grail.

By the sound of it some kind of rape machine.

I'd assume a guardian of grails.

Grail knights with sword and board rather than lance and maybe tweaked stats

You do know that the laws of the Old Testament only apply to Israelites, and not Christians, right, user?

Grail Knights cooler cousins.

Going by stats, they're a more powerful version of Grail Knights with smaller unit size and swords instead of lances.

>Vampire Cunts sub-faction
>Vlad Daddy as the Faction Leader
>Isabella
HOLY FUG WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS

REJOICE!!!

>Any Lord and his attendant army who achieve a Heroic Victory in battle will receive The Blessing of The Lady, and will thenceforth receive a Ward Save for future battles. If a unit routs in subsequent battles, it will lose the Blessing for the remainder of the fight, and if the army refuses a battle – choosing to retreat from an attack on the campaign map for example – the army will lose the Blessing.

What qualifies as a heroic victort lads and how can we abuse this mechanic? Send a 10 stack of knights against 20 gobbo stacks?

Grail Knights with swords.

We've been talking about it for days you fuck.

I smell a Catlicker

Yes. The knights don't just hoard the 90%. The lord of the land distributes it fairly to those that need it in order to ensure they have the bare minimum for their survival because he genuinely believes that he knows better than a bunch of peasants. And he's probably right, because his peasants are still alive as a result.

>fay enchantress can get knightly vows

We have.

It's been all over /twg/ since it was announced last week.

Fucking hell that trailer is pure kino.

Where did you get this

Is it just me or do Brets have more unique mechanics than empire dwarves and greenskins combined

Of course. While there are many dickish and abusive knights, and many who try to avoid the question entirely, there are also many who do care for their peasants to the best of their ability. The only problem is that Knights are so detached from the lives of their peasants even the most noble and kind among them can't even begin to grasp the squallor they live in.

> people actually believe that the Red Duke is going to be released a second time for everyone
No, why would he? He's an unlockable bonus for completing Season of Revelation, just like Boris is for Call of the Beastmen, and Sarthorael is unlocked for the grand campaign. It would be nice to have them as options for the grand campaign but they may as well add new lords for Mousillon (Kemmler, Mallobad) and Middenheim (Valgeir) that everyone can have while the unlockable characters stay unlockable.

Further, it doesn't make much sense for them to be listed on the FLC chart even if they do get unlocked for everyone; the White Dwarf isn't on it yet he was unlocked later as FLC. Hell, Isabella may not be the upcoming vampire FLC lord anyway.

Newer races have more mechanics because CA doesn't have to play it safe. Hopefully old races will get touch-ups, especially the Empire.

store.steampowered.com/app/534330/

Literally all Christians except for protestants do not believe in the old testament because the old testament is for jews. Only protestants (and mormons) like to larp as latter day israelites

They are convinced that they are the best protection the peasants could get. And, to be fair, Bretonnia is able to defend itself pretty well against most outside threats despite being a bit more sheltered than the Empire.

DOMINAE VULT

Papist confirmed. Call the Roundheads.

FIRE ARROWS CONFIRMED
>Ranged infantry
>Peasant Bowmen
>Peasant Bowmen (Fire Arrows)
>Peasant Bowmen (Pox Arrows)

I can see they took a lot of risks here

Jokes aside though this pretty much confirms never ever kislev and araby will be reskinned empire soldiers. Oh well.

One of the new units, grail knights who are better

Apparently we don't get playable Mousillon now though despite the Red Duke having been hinted at as the VC second start position for months

But hey Vlad as faction leader wew

>Jokes aside though this pretty much confirms never ever kislev
Why tho?

>orcs

So will they finally put a band of savage orcs in southern Bretonnia or what?