Bosch Workshop

I'm looking at buying a bunch of filters off Rockauto and noticed I can get three Bosch Workshop Air Filters for the price of one Wix.

Its just an air filter... cheaping out should be fine right?

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I run HEPA filters. Only the best for my baes lungs (^:

Too restrictive.

Buy OEM.

Fram oil filters may not be the best.

But their airfilters work just fine

Any paper filter should be fine, but I'd get the Wix anyway because everything they make is great. Just as long as you don't get one of those K&N style pieces of shit that lets everything and it's dog through.

What if OEM does not exist for my old shit box you faggot.

Then get the ones from the same manufacturer as the OEM ones, dummy.

Name one instance of a K&N filter killing a car.

I'll wait.

Name one instance of your mother not being a black cock hungry whore.

I'll wait.

Are you retarded?

>can't answer me
>decides to throw out a spicy ad hominem

Get shit on

You must be joking.

wtf the prices on rockauto are way cheaper than my local parts store

do those carbon filters work?

also is Wix good? like itt i always see them mentioned. are they at least better than the Puralator filters at my parts store?

>Its just an air filter... cheaping out should be fine right?
NO, workshop air filters are different from breathing atmosphere air filters. In the workshop, high throughput is needed and there is no concern for pollen. The normal HEPA filters rated for pollen removal is what you want for the car. Not workshop dirt and sawdust and lignin dust which is much bigger than pollen.

nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

They let in more dirt, no question about that. The intake is not a restriction on almost every car made in the last 25 years, a higher flow filter isn't going to actually help anything. I bet if you ask Blackstone Labs, cars with K&N filters also dirty their oil quicker, requiring more frequent changes.

Wix is great. Can't go wrong with Wix.

Engine air filter not cabin. "Workshop" is the series name... Like ToughGard or Gold or whatever... Not the type.

>Its just an air filter... cheaping out should be fine right?

Depends on how cheapskate you want to be.

Then you should try to research the specifications of that filter. Presumably there is some literature somewhere or even in the patent listing about what type of filter media it uses and the micron level it filters.

K&N filters seem to be more "hot air intake" than cold air intake. All the K&N filter setups I've seen get air from inside the engine compartment. When the hood is closed, it's obvious that air is able to be sucked in over the top of the filter area. The OEM filter is closest to cold air intake as those are designed to get air from the exterior. They don't bother to try to show off the air filter.