FORD BTFO

Ford is getting hit with a class-action lawsuit for falsely advertising the track capabilities of the GT350

It fucking overheats just like the Z06 KEK

>Once on the track, the Shelby GT350 Mustang can lose speed and power mid-drive, without warning and in as little as 15 minutes.

>Shelby GT350 Mustangs with the base model or Technology Package can overheat due to defective transmissions and rear differentials that cannot keep cool enough to function at high speeds without external transmission and differential coolers. When this happens, the vehicles reportedly go into Limp Mode, suddenly losing power and rapidly decelerating.

allfordmustangs.com/2017/03/23/shelby-gt350-owners-suing-ford/

Where were you when Ford was BTFO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Elfr-uU73qs
hbsslaw.com/uploads/case_downloads/shelby_mustang/hagens_berman_ford_shelby_mustang_complaint_3.22.17.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Americans BTFO again

>They are being represented by Hagens Berman, which achieved the then-largest automotive settlement in U.S. history – $1.6 billion against Toyota for a concealed defect. Hagens Berman is also leading the litigation against General Motors for its ignition switch defects, as well as various national lawsuits against Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz for illegal use of emissions-cheating software.

Damn, is he king jew?

>buy car named after conman
>surprised when it doesn't do what they say it will

suing a company over lack of track capability is as sperglord a thing as suing a game publisher for shitty multiplayer.

I highly doubt most of those tracked Gt350's stayed stock for long anyways.

I'd rather go into limp mode for a hot transmission, then have my GT3 spontaneously combust

Maybe he's just angry that Ford hated jews?

LOOK AT HIM, HE'S GOING FOR DAMAGE CONTROL. JUST LOOK AT HIM!

It's false advertising.
>Ford says it's ready for heavy track use right out of the box
>People buy it with this purpose in mind
>Limp mode in 15 mins
>when a fucking Miata can put down lap after lap without overheating

>advertise car as a track machine
>it can't actually be used on the track without overheating
Sounds like false advertising to me. Nice try FoMoCo Shill

Its false advertising that you'll pick a woman up in a BMW but you don't see people suing BMW for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Elfr-uU73qs

You're a dense motherfucker who doesn't understand the law

>2 years ago
>2 cars caught fire
>Porsche investigated
>Porsche found the cause
>Porsche replaced all engines for free

Sounds like they acted appropriately to me. They found the cause, acknowledged it was their fault, and fixed it.

>Buy GT350
>Drive on track
>Limp mode after half a lap
>Have to pay Ford $1500 DLC to unlock the "full version" of the car

Fucking genius marketing tactic.

Isn't that more comparable to No Mans Sky. For those that do not know NMS, it was an open world sandbox space exploration game, at least in theory. Kinda like minecraft in space. When it released, it was nothing like what was advertised.

The devs openly stated that there would be multiplayer, while there was none.

shoulda got the dealership exclusive pre order brah

Ford sells the best BBQ's hands down

You would have a point if BMW released women picking up figures to help sell cars but they don't so your point is confusing

Since 1971!

>using an american car for anything other than 1/4 mile drag racing

> devs stated there would be multiplayer

No they didn't, you fucking retard. They even said you can't see people on the same planet. They kept saying single player only.

Watch the Crowbcat on it. The main dude says multiple times that there is a possibility you might meet someone.

*Crowbcat video on it

According to jalpnik, those owners bought the tech package instead of the track package (which comes with cooling/differential) and are complaining that the tech package doesn't come with it lol

>it was an open world sandbox space exploration game, at least in theory. Kinda like minecraft in space. When it released, it was nothing like what was advertised.
At least be a little more descriptive.

It was supposed to be an open world sandbox space exploration game with an inventive story and constant discovery, instead it was an open world sandbox space exploration game with a repetitive story and the same thing constantly repeated in different colors.

define heavy track use

id say heavy track use could be 15 minutes on the track. They will lose the lawsuit

Reminder that a 911 GT3 will continue to be worth something, where as a fake-Shelby will be found in Car Max lots perused by niggers within a year.

911 GT3s keep their value for a reason
Post-1980 Mustangs and Corvettes lose their value for a reason.

There are people who went into limp mode while on the street. Stay BTFO Ford shills. Don't you have an ecoboost thread to start?

kek

>Fucked On Race Day

>Fiery Overheating Reputation Disaster

>Failure Of Research and Development

Found on road dead

>retarded normies think you can track a production car without better cooling
nothing to see here

>people still buying ford
baffling.

no, Ford should roll over and die. They're through ripping people off.

>Found On Road. Dead

Ford told them they could

>American cars
>Go to European track to prove performance
You can't make it up

So basically it isn't the car's fault they just didn't choose the right options? kinda confusing as to why Ford didn't bundle them together instead of "one or the other".

you would think the GT350 and Corvette would be perfect for Veeky Forumstists.

None of you have probably even driven a car on the track.

Either way, kinda dumb not to get the track package anyway for a track car and then complain it doesn't perform as well as the track car.

Yeah, you got the "look at me, I'm in a base fucking Mustang with a shittier V8" package. What did you expect?

>It fucking overheats just like the Z06 KEK
And yet its never happened in a media test? Meanwhile corvette overheats every single test/review its been in LMAO

>gm employees buy fords and file a false law suit to give it bad publicity and take the heat (lmao) off of gmshit
TOP KEK
GM DAMAGE CONTROLLING THIS HARD

Keep trying to deflect onto a different company, gmcuck
No one is falling for your bullshit

It's almost like all American cars are dogshit.

>google "gt350 overheating"
>not a single example of it actually happening in the first 5 pages, just results for "customers claim... customers file a class action..."
LMAO LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
GM BTFO ONCE AGAIN

maybe if you learn how to thermodynamics, amerifats, you wouldnt get BTFO'd on a daily basis

>spin out at 5mph
>crash
>instant driver fatality
>engine spontaneously combusts
>at
>five
>miles
>per
>hour

YOU
CANT
MAKE
THIS
SHIT
UP

>this nigger tried to flick into a drift
>ripped it
>nice circle drift
>ate bumper
nice all around

9/10 webum

>Where were you when Ford was BTFO?
in my mother's womb

ford always been btfo

That's akin to telling a hambeast she's beautiful, then she goes hits on a Chad and gets rejected.

Just becuase you're told that you can do X, doesn't mean you should do X, without doing , U, V, and W first.

And you're the ass that thinks being a society being litigious every time they perceive a slight, is a good thing.

Hey, it's just like the Focus RS BUT can only last half as long, jesus christ ford, havin a stroke or something in your R&D group?

I love Ford but overheating is almost unheard of in anything built in the last forty years.

I really want an early Pinto. I think they're cute.

You haven't driven many cars in your lifetime have you?

>Fix It Again Tony

Fixed Over Retarded Design

Flash Over Rider Dead

>defective transmissions

lots of performance cars have drivetrain coolers, the overheatmaster corvettes have them.

idk why the stang wouldn't have them but WHATEVER

This is why american cars are all garbage. The numbers game is all marketing bullshit

You can't even use commas properly lmao

No its blatant false advertising

>DUDE YOU CAN TOTALLY TRACK THIS CAR
*tracks this car*
>wtf it overheated, it can't be tracked
>well thats like telling a fat chick she's cute we owe you nothing

Probably slipped on its own oil spill.

It pisses me off that it's still called a "Shelby GT"

Same thing with Rolls Royce.

kek

obligatory

Fags (who)
Occasionally
Ride
Dicks

>company tries to fuck over the consumer

They literally have every right to sue

>oil filter adapter housing
even the idea sounds kind of cheep

Correct. Well it's like buying a base model z06. You get most of it but don't get the full enchilada that journalists and drivers showcase so much

>voodoo shittier than the coyote
No

engine oil isn't that flammable

That's kind of the nickname Ford has around spics. "Fabricación Ordinaria, Reparación Diaria". Which translates roughly as "Shoddy Construction, Daily Repairs".

Should have gotten the boss 302

BMWs actually do a great job of helping you pick up women.

That is THE badge to make ladies moist.

t. supreme gentleman

Fucker
Only
Runs
Downhill

don't they come with differential coolers?

Fix
Ot
Rgain
Dony

Only some packages do, but Ford still says the ones that don't are "track ready"

kek. ford

that gif is fucking sick

ITT:Assmad GM fangirls

oh?

no smug animu face today, faggot? lmao

So any proof of them overheating or is it just gm employees buying Fords and filing a false class action to take the heat (LMAO) off the shitty corvette and it's reputation to go into limp mode every single media test?
Because I search Google and find nothing solid, just reports of a class action
Whereas if I search "overheating lt4" I get actual results from motortrend and car and Driver all the way to Kelly blue book and Fox news...

>Gm fangirls literally this desperate
Roflmao

>class action
AKA the lawyers make all the money and the consumer makes pennies.

that's the most what that faggot ever wrote on this board.
seems like this hits his nerve lol

Lmao gm fags so btfo they can't even make sense

>people still think american cars can compete with germany

The plastic and fuel that would've caught fire from the burning oil would be pretty damn flammable, no?

>lap after lap in a miata

Well yeah don't they have 120 hp and weight 1900 pounds?

hbsslaw.com/uploads/case_downloads/shelby_mustang/hagens_berman_ford_shelby_mustang_complaint_3.22.17.pdf

71 pages of lawsuit paperwork if you care

>“Track-Ready.” That is what Ford told potential race-enthusiast customers to entice them to buy its 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang, as it has for generations. But some of the Shelby GT350 Mustangs were far from ready for the track; in fact, they proved to be unusable there. When a driver took Ford’s flagship race car to the track, he or she learned that after fifteen minutes or less, the transmission and rear differential would overheat, causing the car to go into “Limp Mode” at drastically reduced speed and power — an obviously dangerous event when surrounded by speeding cars. The 2016 Shelby GT350 overheats and goes into Limp Mode because, despite its “Track-Ready” claims, Ford chose to equip the Shelby GT350 Base and Technology Package models with defective transmissions and rear differentials. These defects manifest in the “Track-Ready ” powertrain systems’ inability to withstand the demands of race track driving.

Reading the rest, I'm not sure if they can prevail because there's a ton of legal definition stuff here. Basically, they said that you could use the GT350 on a track without the advanced cooling packages and tech that allow you to sustain that performance for more than 15 minutes at high speeds. I guess the biggest weasel bit is what does "Track use" mean to the average person ("reasonable consumer") and what constitutes "heavy track usage" (which is what the models with the additional equipment were billed as).?

They have the right to sue and Ford has the right to fight it, just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's a good idea or that you'll prevail.

Correct ford also now includes the track pack as standard equiment. It was just the first year run where you could not option it if you chose. This is the owners fault for chosing MUH COLD ARSE BLOWER seats over extra coolers for the engine

big ford guy eh?

>Once on the track, the Shelby GT350 Mustang can lose speed and power mid-drive, without warning and in as little as 15 minutes
>15 minutes

>overheating is almost unheard of in anything built in the last forty years
Viper, Corvette

>be gt350 owner
>buy tech package instead of TRACK PACKAGE
>buy base model GT350 instead of track ready GT350R
>complain that it's not track ready
I doubt this one will get far, if anything we'll see individual dealers get shit for their advertising

>caring about resale value

>he doesn't intend to keep his cars forever