PANDA COLORS?

PANDA COLORS?

Bike guy, just got my first sports car.

Toyota MR2 W30

Picked it up cheap, runs good, doesn't burn (much) oil, shitty paint job.

I'm thinking about painting it white with a black hood. I'm not really an Initial D fan or anything, I just like the look. I'm sort of worried I'm walking into dangerous territory. Is there a bad stigma attached to that?

Please advise.

OK, found a few pics of the W30 with that paint scheme.

Go for it op

I really hate the fact that anything with panda painting will make some autist scream "INITIAR D XDDD"

You'll look like a massive fucking weeaboo if you just paint it.
The two tone color scheme comes with a white hood, the dagumi 86 had a white hood before it got a carbon fiber one. If you paint your white hood black everyone will think you're trying to copy the show. Carbon fiber or leave it white.

Just call it stormtrooper instead of panda and you should be fine

Yeah, me too.

The car is actually blue. It looks like the factory color, but if you look close, you can tell it was a cheapo paint job at one of those places that charges $200.

I'm just trying to think of something that will be fairly cheap, but still look good. Also, I don't think there ever was a W30 in the show.

That looks really fucking tacky. Just paint it all white or all black.

Is it already either white or black? If it is you might be able to do a half decent paint job for 2k if you are doing a lot of the prep work. If not, minimum 5k if you pull it apart and prep yourself since the jambs need to be shot

Where, in the supermarket parking lot? Outside of Veeky Forums the amount of people who know what Initial D is is extremely low, and almost none of them will find themselves in a voluntary social exchange over some random guys car unless it's at a car show.

>tfw you'll never own a good condition ae86

Boy oh boy, is Triple-Q's plan coming to fruition now? The "Is this an Initial D reference" thing?

This. White hood or carbon fiber

Yeah, non-weeaboos call it stormtrooper, which sounds way more badass than a kawaii panda.

What does it look like right now?

Kai Kogashiwa drove one in Stage 5 I think

>amount of people who know initial d is low

Haha what? Go outside man

>"nice MR2. I dig the color combo. Initial D fan?"
>nah not really, I just like the look
>"ah, gotcha"

Outside and into an anime convention? 99% of average Americans couldn't even name a single anime show, much less a niche car one.

Weren't panda colours used in Italian racing before Japan? Or at roughly the same periodm?

>W30