Who else is getting an E36 now?

youtube.com/watch?v=SK18-3fZgTs

The fuck, they werent joking when they said E36 is one of the most potent chassis out there...

Let the prices rise :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ohGysuuzzX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you are this fickle of a consumer i shudder to imagine what all propaganda you would fall for

But the corvette and the gtr are faster?

>best lap
>1:10
LMAO
LITERALLY CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
BMW SHIT A FUCKING SHIT

>beats 20 year old car by only 1 second

lmoa

>prius tires
>160whp
lmao, bmwfags literally cannot defend this

but how about this one,
>Alfa Romeo 147 GTA 1:10.01
L
MA
OOOO

Serious question. Is it only the E36 M3s everyone cares about, or are there any regular E36s that are desirable?

I'm asking because I know BMW fans also like the E39 540i, sometimes even more than the E39 M5.

328is, 97 or 98, was alright.
the rest of the lineup was just ok

Itll be a decade before they rise.

They have the unfortunate stigma of being boy-racer cars that were thrashed, Also the US market M3's weren't real M3's

People like e39 540i's becuase you get almost everything the M5 has with significantly less repair costs.

a 328is with m3 suspension parts will be pretty good

IS has LSD and the m52b28 gets that extra power

The 316i and the later 318i on the E46 are lighter frame wise than their larger engine counterparts I believe. They are popular choices for engine swaps. Also the American e36 M3 is crap compared to its euro counterpart, it's basically a 328i with a 3-3.2L engine.

No car expert here but I have a 98 328 is that just hot 100k and has been a great car. averaged out 1k a year for maintenance. I have a few dinan upgrades. Get lots of compliments and has aged very well. Owned her for 16 yrs and Def recommend

People like the 318Ti.

While I love watching these old Best Motoring videos, I wonder how much of an advantage some of the cars had by having the better tires from the factory.

No limited slip on those post 96

I legitimately think they're just biased against foreign cars. Compare their results to the ones from the same era American/European journalists with the same cars they test.

Took me long enough but I got to splicing in the city lamps (using the parking lamp constant which is modded to not work, only indicators).

I love it.

Looking for a new rwd coupe from 70s-90s and e30/e36 318 are the only vehicles left, all the rest have started going up in prices since i last bought a used car ~7 years ago

>$40k car beaten by a $25k that's slower than a minivan

Plastic track oriented toy vs Euro high quality sports car

>"track toy"
>slower around a track than a mid range civic
BMWfags on suicide watch

>20 years of technological advancement
>20 seconds slower on Nurburgring
For $25k you can buy 3 E36 M3's BTW lmao

While I love watching these old Best Motoring videos, I wonder how much of an advantage some of the cars had by having the better wheels/shocks/brakes/engine from the factory.

540 for cost/benefit

But E36 are good because of the chassis. You can build a competent track weapon with E36, if you up the susp and dump a powerful engine from M3 or whatever.

wait a min.. SO all IS models come with lsd?

Didnt know that... Seriously?

I gotta take the IS off my dads hands then.

E30 is gold price tier now.

E36 is coming up fast, tho still can be found cheaper than e30 in most cases.

Not sure where you are, but in .au all the Jap coupes seem to go up in price every time you blink

Fuck it, I'm gonna get an e46 before they start appreciating. Last true BMW

And naother $50k and time for keeping those in running condiutions

>le slower than a minivan meme

anything is slower than a minivan with a internet shitposter behind the wheel

yeah except for the m3 brakes m3 suspension m3 chassis m3 rear end/diff m3 seats etc

the euro and american models are the same exact shit just 50whp different. the american models were also $40,000 brand new in 1997 while the european models went for the equivalent of $60,000. its why they sold so many american models.

if you had $60,000 in 1997 would you go for a M3 or a Porsche 911?

Because the 86 isn't actually as slow as the meme make out.

Yeah nah

youtube.com/watch?v=ohGysuuzzX8

BRZ 8:19

are you a racing driver? no

enjoy your unreliable road car.

Dude I almost had you

do you even Veeky Forums?

top keks

is that an 86?