/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Embargo Edition

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo
imgur.com/a/aRLXJ
youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who's this faggot

Reminder that Sheik is without any doubt MALE

Cute birds.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Zelda will never be Sheik again. Nintendo had the perfect opportunity to bring her back but they decided that pants wearing archaeologist was the better path

>archaeologist
wut

Imagine if Zelda took off that outfit to reveal it was her, only to end up with lods of bust and curves spilling out of that tight suit to reveal she grew up to be an hourglass-figured titty monster that wanted Link's D all along.

Because it's not a twist anymore.

she explores ruins. sounds like a archaeologist to me or would you prefer royalty with an interest in archaeology

It wasn't a twist in Hyrule Warriors either. It'd just be nice to Zelda being badass and not in the magic and archery sense because Ninjas are more more interesting than rapiers, bows and magic

link explores ruins too, i would call him an adventurer before an archaeologist. is there some source specifically about her taking an educational/research-based interest in ruins?

Amiibo function revealed

youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo

Sheik was supposed to appear in TP but Nintendo decided that they only needed Zelda in the whole game for 10 minutes.

And the scrapped Sheik design ended up being used by Sakurai for Brawl.

It was a translation from japanese. there's no official translation or confirmation

In so deep with Nintendo that rather than getting told off for reviewing too much they get used to shill the Amiibo harder

Must be nice but I don't think I could dedicate myself to a single company to that degree

I wonder how disappointed all those theorists were when they saw Zelda hidden in the black clothes in the E3 2005 trailer and created all those theories about its meaning.

so basically just weapons and equipment, nothing exclusive locked behind amiibo

>everything says "score rare X" and not "score exclusive X"
perfect

Amiibo sells. Money speaks more than complains and similar autism to nintendo.

I'm still salty as fuck. TP Zelda was way underused and Sheik would have been awesome.

Nice stuff but nothing essential or guaranteed to give you an easier time of things. Those weapons look good but they aren't unbreakable so their only advantage is being able to spawn them into the world rather than fight for, buy or steal them

Hopefully the Sheikah Arrow isn't too hard to get but you'll definitely get them as they seem key to defeating Guardians and probably far more elaborate functions

I wonder what the bomb looking thing does

One of my best LoZ experiences was actually quite recently, playing Wind Waker HD and going straight into Hero Mode and having an actual challenge and carrying potions because no infinite hearts and WHY THE FUCK DID THEY MAKE HERO MODE $20 DLC?????

I still don't understand how Nintendo of all companies made a game as bizarre and ambitious as Majora's Mask. They were even more risk-averse back then.

hey fuckstick shut the fuck up already. once they announce what "hard mode" actually entails, then you can have your temper tantrum

>having an actual challenge and carrying potions because no infinite hearts
so you mean the way BotW already is

>so you mean the way BotW already is
I doubt that but you're right, I am judging prematurely.

GameInformer does it again. I'm done. I won't bother checking their site and get whatever actual constructive things they drop from other sources

told you they nothing more it was a poker bluff. They got jack shit.

someone on /hbg/ has the game, if anyone cares

I do. But they're a tripfag and being a real cock about it.

No they don't.

Basically allows you easy mode at the beginning like the most adventure pack DLCs others games get.
Good, good. Nothing to get there, which is fantastic.

Kek, get lost.

So, in the end, Wolf Link is the only one that actually adds things you can't normally get in the game? At least as far as I know, you can't get the Wolf via any other means.

So Amiibo plus DLC welcome pack equals easiest way to play Zelda BotW

chill the fuck out

Majora's Mask was made quickly and cheaply, that's why they were willing to take more of a risk. It's amazing that it came out as well as it did, honestly.

Screenshot album from /v/, contains spoilers imgur.com/a/aRLXJ

thanks

ganondorf's blue hearts are arguably "unique"

Question for you all: Where are the female gorons? It's canon that they have babies.

>imgur.com/a/aRLXJ

you have a very generous definition of spoilers

It's nice to see the inside of building which aren't the Temple of Time, Dungeons or Shrines. The beds look comfy enough I can't wait to trudge in half dead with no stamina my horse dead on the battlefield and tuck myself in so as to arise refreshed with all my health back

As I said in the previous thread I hope we can't buy all clothes or clothes that are looted have better stats

Can't imagine we'll find Gerudo gear in a non-Gerudo shop

youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA

yeah I should have been more specific, my bad

they don't look much different from males other than that they don't have the facial hair. i assumed that some of the ones rolling around the city in OoT were females

Manga isn't canon

Babies do not necessarily imply sexual reproduction

These are the kind of questions Game Informer should've asked Aonuma and Miyamoto.

Either they wouldn't give a serious answer, say they never thought about it or claims it's a secret

that's how they answer 80% of all questions

I pictured Gorons having asexual babies lol.

You can totally recruit doggos, but the blue eyed beast is a unique skin for them

I'd say Gorons live a stupidly long time and are a magical race who come from the earth. This would also explain why unlike other races they haven't evolved since Skyward Sword

when you recruit a dog you have to win it's affection with food unlike Wolf Link also it won't teleport to you like the Amiibo or hear your call from great distances

Nice, they basically just give you nicer equipment earlier, but it is all stuff already in game, DLC done right!

I like that I got the boko now, primitive weapons early on fits for me

Since Amiibo can only be used once every 24 hours can you stockpile them by scanning it every day but not using them. Imagine an inventory full of these rare items, maxed out Sheikah arrows and the like

That doesn't sound like any fun and I won't be playing the game like that

2 points

1. Might as well get the maximum in game value from the Amiibo
2. Someone's going to do it if not at the start of their journey then at the end just because they can

I hated Impa in Skyward Sword. She a bitch.

A sexy bitch

She was sexier in Ocarina of time, desu. She had breastplate in that.

Is there a way to download a 20-heart file onto this thing? Like through my phone's NFC chip or something? Any way to cheat an amiibo's level?

Hyrule Impa is the sexiest. BotW Impa could sexy going by the kind of girls seen so far but I expect we're getting another dose of old Impa

Why even bother buying it if you end cheating? Jesus, casuals.

Because I have money but not patience. Jesus, peasants.

I don't buy amiibos and never will, but it surprises me that nobody made an app with all the amiibo codes in it. Just select the amiibo and hold your phone onto the controller.

I never used the NFC functions of my phone, but I guess you can write to it what ever you want?

>being a shitter

I am very rich but still not a casual like you, luckily.

Well...sort of?

Amiibos can be scanned in once a day, meaning you can get about...a shield, bow, sword, boko club, arrows and random parts once a day

but you also have limited inventory, meaning you can only stockpile so much, and stockpiling is great and all, but the point of nice weapons is to use them.

Basically, you can get a lot of nice shit, but you are better off using them early when they are rare than stockpiling them until later when you will be picking them up naturally. I personally will be saving my scans for when I need them, rather than grabbing them immediately

Inventory space is upgradeable as the VGA gameplay had a lot more slots. On top of that I'll be shocked if there isn't an Item Check in this game

>fuckin zelda amiibo feature photos of unlocks for BotW
>right next to it: HOW TO SCAN AMIIBO WITH WII U AND 3DS
seriously what the fuck is nintendo's problem this is retarded. they killed the wiiu and the game isn't even on the 3DS.

christ

What a waste

oh she is absolutely adorable and COMPLETELY unthreatening, big baby doll eyes on a ninja don't quite work

Makes you wonder what your poor regular doggo companion will do when you climb a tall rock wall or jump off a high vista point. Would he stay behind or just awkwardly respawn next to you just out of camera

I think three hearts will be fine. Wolf Link is a damn beast in BotW.

That "How to scan" thing is a general description they've used on every box for every amiibo regardless of what game/system its for. It simply hasn't updated to feature Switch yet.

>and the game isn't even on the 3DS.

BOTW Legends for 3DS when?

>no red eyes
>no tan skin

if their plan was to kill the Wii U in favor of the Switch but arbitrarily keep the 3DS around despite the Switch being a better handheld, then they should have made a 3DS version of the game.

ah whatever, they'll drop the 3DS soon enough. they were just pretending to care; the only logical move for them to make is focus all development on the Switch.

I'm thinking it'll go back to the nearest stable you visited or die of starvation/loneliness waiting for you a la Futurama

>Hyrule Impa is the sexiest
Patrician taste

222 HOURS TO GO, WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TRIPS OPPORTUNITIES, LADS

anyone else get their copy today? i'm a little disappointed about missing out on the limited edition, but this one matches my hyrule historia, so i'm not that mad about it

>3DS version
>no voice acting, like it should be
>no complex physics or ragdolls, like it should be

Oh, so it DOES match the size and dimensions of hyrule historia! I was worried about that.

Amazon fucked up and sent me 2

You seem to be overly concerned for the fate of these systems. To the point where the back of an amiibo box serves as a trigger for you.

No matter what Nintendo does with the 3DS, whether they support it for a few more years, announce a successor, or slowly let it die, you'll be here screeching and raving about it.

That said, a top-down version of BotW for 3DS would be amazing.

>top down
fuck off no thanks

ALBW would have been a much better game if it was just on the OoT3D engine and designed normally. Would have offered a better view of the classic ALttP world too instead of just looking the same as it ever did.

>so it DOES match the size and dimensions of hyrule historia
it matches the height/width, but it's significantly thicker. HH was 280 pages, this is 428

well that's fortunate

post zelda 1 artwork

Thicker is fine, I can't ignore that girth

Delicioso.

>I'm not gonna be able to play it on release date
>I'm actually probably gonna have to wait until the end of the month even

No dreams user, only rage

i'm at work right now so my ability to take pics is limited, i can post better stuff/take requests once i get home in a few hours

I don't think top down Zelda games are ever gonna go away in favor of 3D style.

I hope you won't be too disappointed with the next one they do.

nice

>>no voice acting, like it should be
>>no complex physics or ragdolls, like it should be
Yeah sure why don't we bring back the chest opening music and all the same ole shit ?
Get out, time for some new jazz

you're kiddin yourself.

Whatever joo say, baybay.

fuck that's really slick.

guess I'll order it

Enjoy your lack of a day/night cycle and horrid draw distance.

>lack of day/night cycle
literally what

you are aware OoT had a day and night cycle, right?