Trying to climb a hill in your 2WD Land Cruiser
Onset of spring, no more S N O W R O L L I N G
Yellow YJ guy becomes yellow Burb guy
/ORG/ meets?
Tayburb
ARB bumpers
Suburban general

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/ARB-LED-Fog-Light-Replacement-Kit-/142161591917?hash=item21197dbe6d:g:-roAAOSwB09YEQ33
kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/markham-york-region/toyota-land-cruiser-90-97-arb-bumper-with-warn-9-5-xp-winch/1248657790?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
store.arbusa.com/ARB-Deluxe-Bar-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-80-Series-90-97-Lexus-LX450-96-97-3411050-P3280.aspx
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6044958635.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ARB bumpers
yiss

I just wanted someone to notice the cool kitty that decided to hang around in my garage: edition.

Dedicating thread to user's shop cat. Get a good night's sleep little buddy.

I thought that was a 4runner with a broken ball joint out of the corner of my eye, so used to seeing those so it's what comes to mind first.

>tayburb
i already told you people:
Tayconderoga confirmed!!

>Onset of spring, no more S N O W R O L L I N G
nunavut /ORG/ meet when? ):

Thanks a bunch! He's really cool as shit, no idea why he chose me. But him and off-roading came to me at the same time so it must be something. Maybe I'll take him on the trail with me tomorrow. I know doggos are good, but anyone every wheel with a cat?

No idea. But I've wheeled with a snake before. Cats should be fine but just make sure they're alert the whole time.
(and no. that's not a taytay joke. i've legit put a cornsnake on the dashboard whilst driving)

Also maybe don't do too much technical stuff since you don't want them to jump on your lap suddenly when you're balanced on a trying to operate the clutch at the right point.

I really don't get the correlation between a snake and a pop star, so I wouldn't mistake them.
And the trail is pretty technical, so maybe not a good idea. But no clutch worries, I wheel auto. I'm a little interested in why you ended up with a snake on your dash though.

I'm drunk and hungry, with a kitchen full of unhealthy dad food. What do I eat to prepare for wheeling tomorrow?

BBQ bacon cheeseburger with cheddar and pepper jack.

On it. Let's hope I can do so without causing a house fire. I've been at it for more than a decade though, so risk is low. Thanks for deciding for be.

Make sure you wash it down with a Sprite.

Or a Miller Lite.

Be careful. It's not worth doing if it's not worth doing right.

Any help here? Looking to get this project finished up quick. Supposed to be going camping in a fortnight.

Okay second question, hot BBQ or sweet?

That's a tough one but I'm probably go hot.

Get pictures.

Hot it is. I'm not even going to remember this burger, but it's going to be great. Sorry for off topic, but it's all leading up to wheeling tomorrow.

Any updates? Please don't burn your house down BLG.

Bls blue land cruiser guy.

Bls no kill.

>Most of /ORG/ is oblivious

>two door tahoe
>escalade

Deeper.

i'm trying. but i'm way too drunk for this shit.

Uh - it's a weird normie thing, unfortunately.

Anyway, the snake was because it was a hot day and we wanted her to get some sun shine. So we did a few s l o w r o l l around the block and took it off the road down the technical service roads. She spread out all over the dashboard and loved it. Might've been a bit too rough near the end when she curled back into a ball.

How's the kot?
it a cute

N O T O Y O T A S
O
T
O
Y
O
T
A
Whew! Thank God Tayconderoga is a Lexus.

Anyone else doing any wheeling this weekend? Going out tomorrow with my photography bro so hopefully he will supply me with gratuitous flex shots and artsy photos of my heep.

>Tayconderoga confirmed!!
aww yiss!
Lock-Rite lockers are fantastic even before you take price into account. Just make sure if you're installing on the front that you have some sort of free-wheeling hub system to disengage the axles.
Don't know anything about Treadwright tires but a lot of people locally here are running different Chinese branded 10 ply tires like "Lakesea" to great success. Only complaint about them is they don't last as long as American branded tires (fine if they're offroad only on a second set of wheels).

It was pretty damn good, mixed the sweet and hot BBQ, burnt the bacon as little bit, then passed out a minute. Please don't ever accuse me of wheeling a Toyota again.

Wrap the bacon up in aluminum foil and throw it in the oven.

Cooks it evenly so you don't crisp the lean before the fat starts to firm up and holds in just enough moisture to keep it soft without being greasy.

Post ur rig

M8 we need to go wheeling one of these days. Where do you go?

Okay, I'm done for the night.

I usually put bacon in the oven but I wanted to watch both meats so I did dueling skillets. It was only a little burned. Don't have many pics but here is the after shit from last weekend.

Going to valley of the moon trail off the 8 by the Jacumba hot springs. Actually pretty close to you cause you live in lakeside right? It's a "2wd" rated trail but the way I went last time had a gate keeper obstacle that I had to pull 2 unlocked 4wd's up. And I'm only going again to explore the parts we didn't do last time. Though I would actually be down to meet up in the next coming weeks before the season is over to do a run together. I wouldn't mind pulling you up some obstacles if you don't get a rear locker by then lmao

hey blue land cruiser guy

I've always had a locker tho

But yeh tomorrow and next weekend is a no-go, but this week's spring break so any day but Wednesday works if y'all want to go during the week

Thats a jeep?
Can someone please explain this retarded meme?

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Haha I thought you were open. Well we can plan a trail and date,weekends work best for me because i'm gonna be working most of the week days over my break, and I already have a trip planned for sunday, april 9th I think it is, which will be on cleghorn trail. So yeah, let me know haha.

The fact that we're anonymous makes it hard to keep track of people's vehicles and often leads us to guessing who people are when they post. Then we misgender them and it becomes a meme. Especially when three people owned yellow YJs at one time. A guy who owns some land cruiser always drunkposts and posts the exact same memes over and over again so /ORG/ thought it was him posting that.

Haha nice trips. Thanks haha.

Also it's a long shot but if Mondays are ever free, I don't have class until 7pm

Otherwise I have Fridays off for sure, but weekends are either full of work or family stuff.

ye, better to be safe than sorry and just plan for days you have the whole day off, gotta account for trail breaks or any dumb shenanigans that might happen.

seconded.

Looks fixable.
Notice the windshield not cracked, that means no shell distortion there.
Wheels seem straight, does not look deep enough to force the engine back.

I bet some Mexican bought that up, threw a front clip and a radiator on it, and sold it for a 200% profit.

I'd call /ORG/ series good and dead at this point

are you calling it
... a night?

She's still breathing alright.

I'm more so referring to the Suburban/GM shitposters. I've been a casual observer/sometime participant and there used to be a) a lot more variety of posters/vehicles and b) much more interesting discussion and debate.

Maybe you should talk about /ORG/ stuff rather than complaining about GM. Will the thread be more interesting? It might.

Lost cause friendo, it's been tried.

Try it again tonight, it's the only way out of this plight.

What are you talking about? /ORG/ used to be a bunch of underage kids dicksucking Unimogs, Land Cruisers, and Range Rovers. Did you prefer it that way? To me that doesn't sound right.

ARB Bumpers are great but for the price I'll probably end up just building my own. Does anyone know if I can get my hands on those fog light pockets without buying a bumper?

>Burbalade requesting pic of aux alternator mounting area

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Forgive the poor lighting on living in the eternal darkness of 3rd shift.

Highlighted in yellow is the bracket housing the dead pulley. It is just bolted atop the motor. I figure I can gab up a custom holder, or get something to hold an alternator in place in the spot when the time comes...

Congrats!!!!! Is the dual battery setup still planned? I'll supply the founders.

Not again :-\

Not included in pic are several wires taped off and covered in sliced hoses, making me thing another alternator was originally there.

>Does anyone know if I can get my hands on those fog light pockets without buying a bumper?
You certainly can. eBay, and they're a pretty generic size. I'll have a look.
100% with you in terms of outlay buying a new one. I don't think I'd ever buy one that wasn't either second hand (there's usually a fair few in floating around in Aus) or was on the car I bought to begin with.
Thing I like about the ARB bars is a combination of OEM appearance, fantastic clearance and they seem to be the most impervious to our harsh corrugations.
Definitely an alternator. Do you know what sort of amperage your current alternator has? If it's anywhere near 100ish Amp I probably wouldn't bother fitting a second one unless you could do so without spending anything.

ebay.com.au/itm/ARB-LED-Fog-Light-Replacement-Kit-/142161591917?hash=item21197dbe6d:g:-roAAOSwB09YEQ33
Just the first example I came across.

Finally got the 4runner sitting on its new axle today.

It's a little higher than I hoped, but I'm going to let the springs sit a couple weeks before I start mocking up steering and brakes

Needs a bit of work yet. Have to tear the axle down again because my upper knuckle ball gussets hit my wiper seals before I get to full lock and I don't want to shred them because they were 80$....

Presuming it's a Toyota 8"?

Yup, kept it nice and simple. Running '88 rear leafs up front to push the axle forward

I'd keep the same axle too. I'd probably simplify it even further by simply adapting N60 springs or the front end of one of the Aussie N100 Hiluxs including steering, but you'd end up with a more desirable result (fleks). What sort of steering are you going with?

>100amps will be fine

But... But... what about muh 110v electrical system, radios, lights, air compressor, and overkill AC unit I mentioned in the last thread?

What sort of wattage is the inverter? And what sort of amperage does the aircon unit draw?
I think the best thing would be getting one or two decent amp/hour deep cycle batteries and reserving the overhead aircon unit for plug-in power. Keep in mind 2 way radios draw next to nothing, one of those 60mm "160L/min" compressors draw up to around 30amp on startup and a large 100ish litre 12v fridge draws up to 5amp on startup (maintains about 2-3amp).
What sort of alternator have you currently got?

Also, the ability to start the overhead aircon unit will have more to do with the battery's cold cranking amp output. I'd bet the second alternator powered a separate bank of batteries in parallel to achieve such a rating. The alternator amp rating is only relevant to maintaining charge as the way I understand it.
Is that aircon even a 12v and not a 24v? Might pay to check the model of the unit and see its requirements.

Keep in mind this is going to be an overlanding truck further down the road, and the plans are constantly evolving at the moment.

For now I would like something that can power an entire campsite (as a backup in case of generator failure). I would also like the ability to use a welder and power tools if the need arises.

The truck has a 110v electrical system hardwired in, along with a 50a shore power hookup. The only thing missing is the inverter.

The AC unit runs off of 110v. I tried plugging it into an extension cord running to the house but it blew the 15a fuse without even trying. That means I'm looking at a draw of at least 130a from the alternator.

...and the alternator I currently have in is rated for 100a IIRC. I want to boost it up, but I'm not sure if I want a single high output or 2 decent outputs.

...and don't get me started on batteries haha. Like I said, the plans are constantly evolving as I do more and more research.

Although I'm starting to wonder if an aircon unit with the sort of capacity that requires that kind of draw is relevant for the kind of space relative to a large wagon... A reasonable size motorhome maybe, but I'm doubtful you'll get practical use out of it.
The only reasonable circumstance I can see that being used is sleeping in a hot environment where you'd probably have an external genset running it as opposed to having your truck idling all night.

I guess for an Ambulance they needed the capacity to keep the interior temp constant whilst having doors open fairly often during operation.

In the end though, it doesn't hurt to have the redundancy of a second charging unit either, especially if there's already provisions for one to be fitted. And there's no such thing as too much charging capacity either... I'm currently mulling over my 12V power storage options at the moment.

I can't wait to get another Cherokee, damn I miss my old jeep.
Now that I'm learning 5 speed I can get me a 2 door 4x4 5 speed when I find one.

Any jeepfags here?

>did someone say shitposting and memeing?

no. go away.

Broke the TJ's trail virginity yesterday, felt pretty good, only high centered once on a big ass rock I shouldn't have tried being stock and all, she did good though

would you just buy that lx already
i mean pls

Also seen this fuckin guy. Apologies on the sideways pics. Phone is being a cunt

My question is if ARB bumpers are any "safer" than standard fab. bumpers or any. The best part would be if you could get a bumper than can resist forces up to a small tree without breaking but have an exponentially weaker front allowing for more of a "crumple zone" as force multiplies.

I found that out when the mazda cucc crashed into muh Taynger and there's actually a degree of bend in the sides of the front bumper. But the main thing is that underneath it, the fab designed the bumper to bend into the frame connexions so that it adds like 5 cm more of a crumble zone. The only down side is that if I hit a deer, it could go right through the windshield.

Now that I'm getting a Land Cruisey, I'll be looking into the front bumper first for sure. Maybe I'll get that steel plate/ step like they have on the FJ40. Those look cool.

What are those wheels? Looks sweet.

Don't tell me what to do.
I already got it.
But not because you told me to.

I'm picking it up Thursday after work somehow. It's like a 1.5 hr drive away and I guess I'll have to take the train or something.

Oh I think GuYJ was looking to buy the same cooler - how is it?

I have no clue, didn't really look to hard at the wheels, thing was decked out from head to toe though, guy said he was a photographer for a local offroad shop so I'm sure he got most of it free. Might be from AllSeasons4x4 since the jeep with him also had a fuck ton of work done to it and they worked together.

>Now that I'm getting a Land Cruisey, I'll be looking into the front bumper first for sure
what are you leaning towards so far? that is going to be my next purchase as well.

main ones im considering are the slee shortbus, arb deluxe and the dobinson 80 series front.

imo the arb looks the best and is the most classic but it has a few shortcomings: incredibly shitty recovery points, not exactly a great approach angle.
the slee shortbus is incredibly stout, has a better approach angle and recovery points but doesnt offer that much protection against deer
the dobinson is kind of newer to the NA market but a lot of people are saying that it is a lot stouter than the arb and looks almost the same

no way thats so awesome!!
here is my drawer/sleeping platform system finally finished. there is so much more room for sleeping now that the area is above the wheel wells

i think he may have asked me in the last thread, if that was the same guy at least.
its pretty awesome to be entirely honest. it keeps ice for nearly a week if you pay attention. ive never camped with a yeti but ive compared mine side by side with one and it seemed nearly identical.

I'll have to take a couple of pictures tomorrow. I have two vehicles of differing vintages, both happen to have by dumb luck ARB bullbars. The older one is sleeved hard over the chassis and straight bolted, but the later airbag compatible bar from memory has a concertina crumple fixing point. Both are rated for winching.
Hopefully I don't get to test their rating.

Not 100% but I'd imagine the J80 Cruiser bullbar would mount like the former.

Scout user here. I lost my turn signals. If they aren't flashing in the interior on the dashboard or anything, does that sound like a fuse to you guys? Or is it something in the column maybe?

bost your lexus

Yeah. That's how most people are with decked out Jeeps newer than 5 years. Good for him being a photographer and making enough money like that, though.
In anyway, I probably wouldn't ever need the rock rims like that but they sure do look nice.

kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/markham-york-region/toyota-land-cruiser-90-97-arb-bumper-with-warn-9-5-xp-winch/1248657790?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
>$2500 dollar winch
Uh. Literally why.

Something similar to this but honestly, a $1200 base cost fabricated bumper would probably suffice for the price. Something like I already have. then the added safety bonus is always a plus (especially since they're cheaper than ARBs)

The problem with ARB here is that they have an import and conversion fee that ends up making me pay 10-25% more than a US bought one. I might as well just drive down to buffalo or (((detroit))) to save me money at this point.

>land cruiser bullbar
why would you do this. are you looking to buy the two you requested or do you already have one and just want to transplant the bumpie?

lol thats slightly more than what that bar + winch would cost new. is that faggot serious?

wat. the winch is like $2000 new.

that winch is $1500 new. the arb bull bar is like $900. youd save $100 if you bought both brand new.

then again maybe we have some canabucks exchange rate thing going on, im using US pricing

Holy shit they're only $990 in the states?!
store.arbusa.com/ARB-Deluxe-Bar-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-80-Series-90-97-Lexus-LX450-96-97-3411050-P3280.aspx

I was looking at some similar models here and they were going for around $1750. I also like to go to the offroad stores to see their ridiculous pricing and to talk to the salesmen there for fun. Those "custom" bumpers (which are the same as the regular arb accessories) are like $2500. After conversion, that's exactly twice the price that those stores give me.

lol yeah, ive seen them for $900 even as well if you look around. $1750 is completely absurd. look at slee, tjm, ironman and dobinson. im not sure what you can get on the canamarket but theres no way i would ever spend more than $1k on a front bumper unless it was fully custom exactly what i want.

call kurt at cruiser outfitters and ask him what it would cost to ship you one. i guarantee even with shipping youd be no where near $1750.

also if anyone has any cool dinner meal ideas pls post up.
my wife and i are leaving for our 12 day trip in less than 2 weeks and are working on the menu right now.
so far we have pretty basic stuff - sausages and peppers/onions, chicken tacos, burgers, this texmex chicken white bean foil packet thing she always makes, beef/potato foil packets.
breakfast will always be either protein pancakes, or bacon/eggs and lunch will prob just be sandwiches or whatever.

I carry a 6 pack of Cod Liver in Taynger since they never go bad (-20 to +40 C) so I can just keep them in the back seats all year round. Fat reserves are great for the Canadian winter, too.

As for things that actually taste good, bison, venison, or other game meat store longer than traditional pork or beef. Eat those on the tail end of a two-weeker. Same thing with potatoes and beans.

Hard to give any recommendations on food when we don't know who and where you are, though. So other than autistic, utilitarian food recommendations like cod liver and spam, I don't have any other ideas :^(

That's good to know. The NA Ranger also takes 60 or 80 series snorkels so I wonder if they'd give me a small discount if I were to buy two 80 series snorkels and two bumpers (one front and one back).

Do they come pre-painted? If so, I might just get these over the fabricated bumper that I would have to paint myself.

Though, the other point on painting is that I do want to try my hand at titanium electroplating. It hasn't been done before to my knowledge and it'd be a very, very nice method to "rustproof" your bumper in the Onterrible salt conditions.

Anyway, I'll send over and email right now and see what shipping would be.
>check out location
>pleasebeeastcoastpleasebeeastcoastpleasebeeastcoastpleasebeeastcoastpleasebeeastcoastpleasebeeastcoastpleasebeeastcoast
>UTAH
haha fucking RIP haha.

What kind of tent is that?

>tfw no qt waifu to make me delicious camp delicacies

thats ok i like autism

Theoretically, I can dissolve a layer of titanium with acid and plate the titanium pure onto any bare metal surface of my choosing. So I could coat the bumper with a thin (50-100 micrometre) layer of titanium that will never "rust". I'm at work now and bored so I just come up with these (((autistic))) ideas. But I guess that's how inventions are made. Who knows. Maybe it'll work out so well I'll open a specialty vehicle electroplating business.

Anyway, venison is great shit. I've accidentally left a raw slab of it out for 36 hours once without it going "bad" (did have to cook it a bit rarer than I'd like, though).

Yeah I agree.

So probably a Friday or something if you can get the day off. If y'all want to get ahold of me you can probably just message me on discordé or something.

>not shitposting constantly

Is this Blue Land Cruiser guy or Blue Jeep XJ guy?

I can't keep track anymore...

damn this bumper looks nice and useful but god i heavily dislike bubble anything on most vehicles.

probably insanely heavy and expensive, too

Also
>arb snorkels are $400
>ebay snorkels for same models are $150
>3x price increase for a metal tube drawing in cold air
Is there any advantage to buying arb metal tubes over ebay metal tubes? It's not like a turbo that has fatigue and temperature issues, do they?

Fanfuckingtastic. Thanks!

That's the location for the factory AC compressor.

Factory is a 105a for the Suburban. Go to a self service junk yard and find 145a optional AD244 in a GMT800.

How do I hotwire a 1996 jeep?

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6044958635.html

Sometimes you can just climb into the Jeep and turn the key harness without a key!