>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game; for pc, you have to join using the link.

>News
Frontier News Network 8/Live Fire Patch Notes (release TBD)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to be crouching when you hit the ground.

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Absolut Lexicon/video/27337454
youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I
youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
a.pomf.cat/wutlwk.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=cviVhtoAiME&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=4piWAv1m0mg
youtube.com/watch?v=gkLvpt9Z3fA
youtube.com/watch?v=IRiG-7c9A3c
open.spotify.com/user/lmao2gun/playlist/496ezU3TZCpkf76j3tGgqn
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW-K5RQdzo
youtube.com/watch?v=YK0iQlKXxEk
youtube.com/watch?v=K_lUrFXGdeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for gunrunner should let you shoot while grappling

Doomed:

First for slamming my floppy disk into the complex quantum computer system that is Ashs' robo vag

Right, wanted to post this in a fresh thread to get your opinions.

How does a "Titanfall Movie" video on YouTube sound? A 12 part thing, with each mission being an episode, so it's more like a season of a show. Very in character/showcase-y movement.

It would be framed as the viewer being a militia pencil pusher tasked with viewing Cooper's helmet footage to verify his testimony of what happened (first from his grunt helmet, then with Lastimosa's pilot helmet, also recorded video from BT's screens). There would be a glitchy distortion to splice any combat sections, as if the helmet had been damaged, to keep the videos shorter and the story moving.

Any suggestions about it?

>You will never be tied to a chair by Grapple-chan and leered at while she has her way with you

I dont think you should think that hard into it. Sounds like you might have some cringe material on your hands. Just keep it succinct. abridge combat, get the story beats. None of this edited in extra story with viewing coops footage

In other words, you want to make Freeman's Mind, Titanfall Edition? I can dig it, especially if you make it in-character like that.

Well, no commentary. I don't want happening.

Fine idea. Absolutely no voice acting from you. I don't care how nice your voice is; it'd be cringy as shit to hear it in this context. Text only, and then of course the game's v/o is fine.

First for Spyglass turning this shitty kewl rebelz vs bureaucrats shitfest into a dystopian grimdark survival horror AI apocalypse as Titans descend on the Core Worlds in the thousands to reap bloody vengeance on their enslavers.

Fuck no, I'd like to clarify since I don't think I was clear enough.

NO VOICE OR COMMENTARY, it's just the kind of thing you'd see in a rehearsed "gameplay" from E3. Any stuff setting up the audience's viewpoint is just a quick minute long shot of an email between coworkers and clicking on the file or something to establish that it's helmet footage.

So it's just in game footage.

>reap

Maybe an occasional chatlog between two co-workers also reviewing the footage during a bit of downtime.

That's not a bad idea. See, this is why I go to you fasties. Feel free to brainstorm.

okay good, that's what i was envisioning

Better than shots of emails would be the text clickety-clacking across the screen, as if the reviewer were typing out
SUBJECT PILOT: COOPER, J.
DATE: XX/XX/XXXX
[PRELIMINARY COMBAT DATA REVIEW]

BEGIN LOG PLAYBACK
and so on

Nice. Do you mean like a BIOS kind of screen or some sort of formal report like a Word doc?

Just do this like it's playing back pilot recordings/memories.

>Execute a Tone
>Teabag his corpse
>Laser shot him from across the map 1 second later
>He ragequits

God I fucking hate bad players and the crutches they walk around on.

BIOS. Like the opening shot of Alien.

In fact, rip the clickety clack sound effects from that because the background is silent, as I recall

If there is like a background hum, use the "remove backgroud noise" tool in Audacity to get rid of it. You just take a clip of the background noise itself, so it knows what to remove, then select the region to remove it from.

What regions does xb1 tfg like to play on? Iv never been matched up with any wild tfg.

(however those clickety clacks are really heavy duty IBM mechanical keyboard, so use your best judgment if you feel they don't really fit.)

A much easier and simpler way to do it is to screencapture yourself typing it out, and have your phone's mic just recording your hands as you type.

Yeah. I've not too much experience past simple effects and editing, but it seems simple enough.

>implying I won't rip some stock sound effect from the web instead
>implying I have a good mic
I'm still just a joe schmuck amateur, friend.

>screencapture yourself typing it out, and have your phone's mic just recording your hands as you type
Yeah, that's good. I know some de-noising effects for background sound.

Okay so yeah, use shadowplay to record yourself typing it out (pick a good monospace font), and have your phone's mic recording the sounds of your fingers typing it out so it syncs up.

nice. friend shigerudigeru on origin and message me if you want any editing help; I learned a fuckton (specifically about my totally legitimate copy of Vegas Pro 12) when making the grap video.

>laser shot
>complains about crutches

Might take you up on that, thanks.

Ion is perfect in every way and there is literally nothing you'll ever be able to say to make me think otherwise.

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Absolut Lexicon/video/27337454

>that feel when BRRRRRTchingRRRRTchingRRRRTching

Legion is love, Legion is life.

why is tone better?

Music time lads, post at least one fast track
youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I

>grapple-chan into bondage/femdom
I approve of this wholeheartedly.

Ion is probably the only titan that can effectively counter tone thanks to vortex shield.

Ion counters Tone , hurling back a rocket barrage with destroy particle wall opening you up for laser shots and restoring energy with crits. You only need a bit of energy to catch all the rockets and toss them back, just be ready every 3 times you get hit with 40mm.

Here's an all time classic

youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM

youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ

Is there a vid or something out there that explains the crouching shit for keeping momentum?

I keep trying it but I don't really think i'm getting it

A) The grapple should be furthur out, and you shouldnt manually disconnect it
B) Youre on the ground too long, gotta hop as soon as you touch

You notice when you crouch, you still go fast before slowing down? You need to do that for every time you jump.

You do alright for the first jump but then you seem to have trouble continuing the streak. Just keep going in a straight line, pressing crouch at any point in the air, then jumping as soon as you touch the ground.

There's a lot of room for error, since it takes a little time to slow down when sliding and you can crouch at any point in the air. Just keep it basic and don't try any grapple/turning stuff until you get it down.

a.pomf.cat/wutlwk.webm

youtube.com/watch?v=cviVhtoAiME&feature=youtu.be

Nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=4piWAv1m0mg
youtube.com/watch?v=gkLvpt9Z3fA

You also can't be hitting a direction when you hit the ground. You have to think of it more as skipping.

London or Belgium, depending on which has the lowest ping

I've matched a wild [TFG] once

youtube.com/watch?v=IRiG-7c9A3c
800% fast

yes you can, just don't be holding FWD

USA USA USA
Euro servers are shit

We seem to have a pretty even spread between west, central and East

You can hold either left or right movement keys, but must be turning your mouse in the same movement. This is strafing, and is harder to do. Learning how to go in a straight line first is definitely the best bet for this guy.

Some way to add this to the Spotify playlist?
fukcing nice.

just about to hit G6 and feel burned out. I stopped playing for a few days to write a paper and when I returned i was playing like shit.

i also felt that of the 500 people playing on PC, 3/4s were running phase/devotion.

should I give it a break and come back after the update? idk what to do bros.

does anyone else consistently have ping problems in game? there are always spikes to 100-200ms for seemingly no reason

To the people in the old thread saying the RE-45 is a bad weapon, it is only bad if you hipfire it or try to use it to compliment another full auto weapon.
You shouldn't rely on it for kills if you are already carrying an SMG or assault rifle, but if you're using something like the EPG, Cold War or Softball it's actually an ideal weapon, as if you have one of those unlucky times where your shot barely misses and the enemy has like 10% hp you can just whip out the RE-45 and finish them off incredibly quickly.

It does not suplement your main weapon nor does it extend your range like the Wingmans would, but then again if you're using something like the EPG or the Cold War you're not going to be doing lots of super long range fighting anyway.

I personally use it with speedloader and extra ammo. I used to use gunrunner but imo it's not good enough, just slide when you need to shoot on the move and you're golden.

EPG & RE-45 partners in crime

If you're burned out, take a break. The population will come back to check out the new mode and UI, and they'll stay when they realize Tone and Devotion both got nerfed. The patch shouldn't be too far out.

>EPG & RE-45 partners in crime
Not while the mozambique and wingman elite exist. I'd even prefer the 2016 to the re45 though.

The Wingman is cool but you risk too much using it, since a splash from the EPG or Cold War will usually leave at people with 10-20% hp you're overkilling with either of those, with the RE45 you can spray and finish people off very easily.

The only one I'd use over the RE is the Mozambique, the other ones I don't like as much. And I have them all at gen 5 at least.

They serve different purposes. Mozambique and 2016 excel in finishing off targets or as a backup if you can't risk a reload. Wingman Elite is worthy of mention because its a makeshift sniper, and its range gives you a great amount of flexibility.

What font do you think that is?

I have the Wingman Elite at like gen 9 but I still wouldn't use it all the time alongside the EPG. The few times I missed made me just get sour and choose to use the RE-45 and Mozambique over it when using the EPG/Cold War.

I do absolutely love running the Wingman when I'm using something like the CAR or R97 though.

I'm streaming again if anyone wants to watch me flop around like an epileptic fish
/slightlyless
currently me and one other tfg doing mixtape

>shilling a stream

He doesn't even have sound

Post 'em. I know a couple of you nerds got me beat.

>tfw I've been using toggle crouch on L-CTRL all this time
>Then when I switch it to Manual Crouch the SPEED happens

That webm is just what I needed. I finally got Latimossa to admit he's a slow.

Thanks.

Gonna go cloak, re45 or 2016 silenced and smr as anti titan tonight, recommend perks and nades for a casual ps4 player. I have all the kits but havent unlocked grav star or satchel.

Arc Grenades, Phase Embark and Silent Running are the only right choices for an Anti Titan loadout.

satchels are also great, depending on that map
why cloak? you can't take batteries with that. you are better off with phase for taking batteries or a-wall for amped SMR

Cloak makes you fully invis to titans I guess. Also why would you use Satchels against titans? Don't they do shit for damage? (never tried them myself)

They stick to titans and do very high damage

Let go of W before you hit the ground

>Respawn will never update the game with a training mode where you can spawn bots to practice map mobility and momentum

The gauntlet isn't enough goddamn it!

>tfw you forget it's hard to go lightning fast for others
Good job, user. Now follow your dreams and hit that #1 spot!

more like

>there will never be another titanfall product because the game bombed because the retarded faggots at EA decided to release alongside CoD XII and Battlefield 1

>trash site twice in a row

nice game

>no sound
well, I had no idea but I fixed it

So the patchnotes says they're fixing some out of bounds in complex and crash-site. Does this mean we can't use the OOB grapple shortcuts anymore?

Am I the only one that likes the map?

use private match beta and start an attrition or bounty hunt match with just yourself

We're not quite certain.

It might just be an obstacle or adding a kill zone up there. Kinda lame because that shit was wicked tactical.

i am waiting nervously. we'll see.

the wallrunning routes are super specific, and you need grapple. once i discovered the grapple oob shortcuts i liked it a lot more, mostly because it's ALWAYS at least one guaranteed kill when you come over one of the cliffsides raining down coldwar or softball hellfire.

Listen, cooper, did I ever tell you about the fast man's burden? Out in the streets and three-lane structure of the multiplayer maps, you're going to be surrounded by lesser men, or the slow as I like to call them. They're scum, no better than any of the other fatasses here. Back in the race war of 2152, the blacks were the fastest people alive. So we created these suits, these augments, to elevate ourselves above them in speed and capacity. Now we're the fast ones Cooper, and we have to carry the entire slower class if we must. Because we're fast.

Even without the OOB grapple trick I still liked the map.
Every round start I always get an amazing flank and get 5-6 kills, i almost always drop a titan in the first two minutes of the match and proceed to wreck everything.

Most of the people complaining are people who struggle to get a bunch of kills early on, usually dying to A-Wall devotions at the first firefight.

Though maybe I've just been very lucky every time I played the map.

Cloak for invisibility, also gameplan is to only stay on the outskirts silently killing grunts and stalking pilots. Arc grenade sounds good and yeah one satchel can kill a doomed titan and it doesn't give your position away.
I've been playing with phase too much wanted to try something different.
Thanks guys

I'd call it a pretty safe bet that there will be a Titanfall 3. EA shit this game out with absolutely no expectations, purely as a buffer-game to try to hurt CoD's sales. What they got was a critically-beloved multiple GOTY nominee.

Hell, maybe Titanfall 3 will actually get a proper release.

Damn, northstar looks like *THAT*?!

>when you die to a slow

>when you get caught reloading and a literal static player with a devotion kills you

REEEEEEE

Post songlist

ggs stimfriend

go and zap to the extreme

I'll put together a spotify playlist in between matches, this is just my songs shuffling on random

ty desu

>emo music
Yeah you can leave that out tbqh

is it practical to be cloaked, slap two satchels on a titan, then steal its battery and detonate both satchels as you're jumping off, for RIDICULOUS damage?

I haven't tried throwing satchels while cloaked. possible, assuming the titan doesn't know what to do when rodeoed

open.spotify.com/user/lmao2gun/playlist/496ezU3TZCpkf76j3tGgqn
mcr is top shit my dude

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW-K5RQdzo

youtube.com/watch?v=YK0iQlKXxEk

i just want to see how much damage it does

later tonight if someone wants to do a private match with me we can experiment

youtube.com/watch?v=K_lUrFXGdeY

Not him but probably one bar non crit.