gw2crafts.net/
>Useful links
gw2efficiency.com/
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
guildwars2roleplayers.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

>Veeky Forums Guilds:
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Grovewillow, Vroris, Raid Time, Rijakk, or Peachy Panic.
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Strider Of Spring, Dex Mindwrack, or Mo Zing Miko.

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4pe4jy/can_we_get_a_directory_of_guilds_that_teach_raids/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>HOPE cant even keep the thread bumped past 100 posts
dead guild

>Fractals -> Raids
Where does that even come from?
Raids right now are the only PvE content that make full use of all the combat mechanics.

anet said that

pls dont leave me again

Oh, you meant Fractals developpement has a higher priority?
I thought that was just a random statement about one being better than the other.

How do some characters have such high levels when the level cap is 80? Am I missing something?

No It just made more sense in my head when I wrote it.

I meant like Fractals should be used to teach people mechanics so they can go into raids.

Dungeons are pretty much useless because they are outdated and unrewarding.

That's called mastery level. Level 80 is the cap.

Masteries are a Heart of Thorns expansion thing.

HoT players have their mastery level displayed instead of character level.

Holy shit. Don't ever consider making a legendary. It takes too much gold and time. Spend that shit on gold to gems and buy other stuff or what ever.
The things you need for Astralaria are just horribly expensive and overpriced or gated behind a year long grind. Fuck that.

thats the point

Expensive doesn't matter since they are "legendary".

Only bad thing is that most of them are fucking joke tier weapons:

>Plastic horse bow that shoots rainbow ponies
>Rainbow buttplug staff
>Gun that shoots confetti
>Giant disco stick
>Murloc in a fish tank
>literal prop boat that shoots cannons

What in the fuck were they thinking with the name "legendary"

It's like some 12 year old LOL RANDOM CX intern that they would be fucking contrarian

>Fractals developpement has a higher priority
>3 years
>one fractal is made literally from the copypasted pieces of others
>second is made from reused parts of Scarlet Tower
>raids got 4 wings already

You're gonna be disappointed with the Llama Hammer and the Kitty dagger then.

What I liked about old /gw2g/ was the pictures posted, the content discussion, the lore discussion, and the fashion wars.......
Nobody is allowed to post screens or they're avatarfags, nobody can post about content without being made fun of for "loving shit content," no lore discussions happen anymore, and posting screens of favorite armor combos just lands you the same hate as posting screens and being recognizable in the slightest.
We should go back, /gw2g/

>more cat stuff
why not a rat dagger?

add training raids for casuals only a gold reward and no timer is all i ask for

It's funny too because they still post all the nostalgic pics and gush about it all the time. It's fucking annoying. Maybe if you played the game nowadays you would have more fond memories but instead you just play another shitty MMO and pretend like old gw2 was all that mattered. Old gw2 wasn't that great, get over it.

ruseman was great

Yeah, most of them look utterly retarded. And I can't think of anyone going for them. I was even baffled when I came across someone with the horse bow. Must be as retarded as the creator.
Then again, I only see rarely any legendary besides the mass amount of 2h swords legs.

They should have done legendary weapons based on historic weapons or something. Like the sword of the Ghostly Hero from GW1.
A few are cool, like Astralaria. But for any normal person, they are unobtainable. It took me probably half a year to get to the fourth stage and now it's a barrier I can't get through. You need like 250 Amalgamated Gemstones, which are roughly 500gold. Alongside other stuff which is probably the same amount again.

And I can only agree, they should rename the legendary category to something else. Something for filthy rich people.

I do agree that they should have been relics from the past or atleast designed around historical weapons or even the story with really good textures, design, effects to justify the cost.

The developers are too busy taking selfies as expensive hipster restaurants in Washington or working on the gem store instead of actually making the game lively.

>it's annoying because i wasn't part of that era and i don't understand
abloo abloo abloo faggot

In order to get the old /gw2g/ back (2014 and earlier) you have to allow me to start shitposting again.

>I thought only a couple of people would notice her
>I put her next to the most used portal in the busiest city and made her speech visible across triple the normal distance though teehee!

Why your gam is ded

It's just annoying that it's the only gw2 related thing I hear coming from them. I understand reminiscing about old times, but when you don't even play the current game and permanently reminiscence it gets annoying really fast. It's the same song and dance every time they go into nostalgia mode.

Go ahead? As long as you're fun about it.

desu lad I'm married with a kid now
not sure if I have the autism and/or the time to begin another two year shitposting campaign

Then don't offer in the first place and fuck off lmao?

"no lol we want to achieve the same success wildstar did" Crystal Reid

Seriously though, whats the reason for the quarter earnings going down so much? Its not like the gemshop is any different from back when they earned twice revenue?

Quarter earning went down because this is the lull period before a new expac releases. Most MMOs get a bit cold right before they start hyping up for a new expansion.

But gw2 had significantly higher earnings before the xpac than they got now?

Last report gw2 had 15k in earnings and it is going down it seems, back then it had a stable 19-20k?

There are probably a lot more factors at play here. They were hyping/pushing expac1 for about a year so that might have helped sales. They added the f2p model around then too didn't they?

Sure the sales are technically worse than previously but I think the MMO market in general is shifting. I'd like to see stats for other MMOs like WoW or FFXIV.

Whisper Dindu Reborn for memes

how do you get into raiding in this game? i feel like you need all ascendant gear and a legendary for guilds to even consider you

The game would be better if we had fun stuff to do after leveling up.

>No player housing
>No new minigames or revamps of minigames or non-HoT adventures
>No new PvP maps for Stronghold or new PvP modes
>No GvG
>WvW is a mess
>No WvW tournies
>No dueling
>No replayability of the old maps with mushrooms, leyline/updrafts, exalted recalls, etc
>No new world bosses
>No challenge mode dungeons
>No new guild missions
>No new solo missions (bounties, rushes, treks, puzzles, etc)
>No polymock
>No daily order missions like Order of Whispers bounty hunting, Vigil area defense/offense events, and Durmand Priory treasure hunting

not only that user, since anet accepted DPS meters you have to face DPS checks as well
im in the same boat

exactly, compared to what other MMOs are getting nowadays the gw2 updates are underwhelming

This game has dps meters now?

unofficial yes and anet accepted them, you can check other members with them.
The accuracy is debatable but it is enough for elitists to believe them

Not officially but ArenaNet has accepted their 3rd party use as long as they do not have gear checking capabilities

Also there's a DPS golem you can access from the Lion's Arch Aerodrome that can measure how much DPS your build is doing. You can control with buffs your character will have so most people just slap them all on for an unrealistic number to throw around

Training guilds, look for those.
Get your ascended weapons, armor can be exotic.
Watch a few videos, learn everything there is to know about your class and show a bit of dedication.

how many anons itt right now play gw2?

wtf is a training guild? like a progression guild? i'm used to world of warcraft raiding, so the whole gearing/learning fights isn't new

post PAMF's (phat assed milf femsuras)

They're more like guilds that will easily accept your lack of knowledge about the bosses and take you on a few runs with other new raiders so you can get some basic understanding and find actual raid groups more easily.

reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4pe4jy/can_we_get_a_directory_of_guilds_that_teach_raids/
There are more in the comments.

I heard HOPE, the NA Veeky Forums guild does training raids as well but I can't say for sure. The EU one doesn't do much of that anymore as far I understand.

Rate my attempt at edgy revenant asura.
I got this whole autistic backstory for it too, because I am sad and bored.

Post your backstory, I like backstories
More people should post their characters' backstories
Post character backstories now.

2tone/10

My revenant was a mediocre scientist in a below average statics krewe, which was used by inquest for unimportant gruntwork, not deemed valuable enough to assimilate. In one of the inquest's projects he was forced to fix a portal, which was activated while he was working on it. burning his ears and destroying his respiratory system. He then popped out far from the krewe's installation with physical changes to his body and the potential to become revenant. He developped an extreme technophobia and distrusts almost every aspect of asuran society and he hates the fact he is dependant the breathing device to supply his destroyed lungs enough oxygen to stay alive. He's not a terribly strong as a revenant, due to the fact he is almost constantly short of breath, but he tries to use defensive abilities to counteract his physical limitations. Everything since has had a huge negative impact on his sanity and he no longer retains any of his prior knowledge from his studies.

*cuddles*

I like that, good use of the terrestrial breathing apparatus

Anyone around level 17 want to level with an FHD on TC?

If HOPE gets enough people interested they can probably start running training raids again. The biggest restriction is there aren't enough people to form a training group right now.

How many people are needed right now for a solid training group?

I hear this being said a lot. Post an example of a good dyejob then.

Thanks.

You need 10 for a raid group. You'd probably want 3-5 of the players to be experienced so it doesn't take forever. Depending on the boss it might vary (VG is pretty easy to pick up, Sabetha can be very difficult with a lot of new players).

VG is too RNG for beginning groups, it only takes one ring spawning far away from the ring group to fuck everyone over.

I imagine that my charr revenant was kind of a dreamer (as much as a charr might be), and enjoyed tales of heroes and legends. Fighting heroic, if crazy, ascalonian ghosts made her kind of a humanboo. She voluntarily left charr society, becoming a gladium so that she could venture into the mists. REDACTED_MIST_ADVENTURE happened and she came out a revenant.

Needs fleshing out more, use your imagination.

Do you anons think anet is working on anything to liven up this game? Living story doesn't even bring back many people it seems.

They're working on another expansion.

Looking at the writing of this last living story shit we got, I hope this is their janitors doing writing, and not their usual crew.

Seriously, the writing got really awful, I mean it was horseshit in the base game and in the first living story, but got bearable in HoT, and now this.

As long as anet is obessed with their shitty story we won't see anything worthwhile until expansion. That is if the second expansion isn't the same mistake the first was.

Remember that the first expansion haven't delivered its promises yet, at the same time it is twice the price of MMO expansions.

What is even worse is that anet believes that just because leddit mastrubates to their "oh so witty" story they think their story is sustainable and good

>What is even worse is that anet believes that just because leddit mastrubates to their "oh so witty" story they think their story is sustainable and good

It's fucking mediocre, it's two dimensional, back and white bullshit.

and now the queen is unstoppable mary sue, and the buildup for all of this was Minister Caudecus twirling his moustache THE ENTIRE BASE GAME.

It's shit, SHIT! Queen Jennah completely suspended the entire ministry "for their own good" and now has unopposed power, basically this whole thing was her reichstag fire and she's a führer now. I know anet is never going to do this, but could the main character question EVEN A SLIVER of her despotism?

She turned an ENTIRE RESIDENTIAL district into a battle arena FOR HER OWN HONOR on her jubilee, and the arena has been only used TWICE. meanwhile all humanity living outside of DR is being sieged by centaurs, undeads, noxious krait and everything, but nope, queen's got to have her bloodsport.

Also fucking turn her into this unstoppable mesmer, that can kill people instantly for no reason and make gigantic feedbacks around her garden out of nowhere. I mean, she didn't protect any of the people of DR, just the ministers, her royal palace and the fucking garden.

The writing is so horrible.

>still no decent looking dps meter like skada for wow

more

eye watering vae cunny musk

my character has no backstory

Here's one of mine:

My character was abandoned at a very young age around Blazeridge Steppes and fostered by a caring female charr soldier stationed at the old bivouac now branded as Lowland Burns. Nowhere near as ferocious as a charr cub and physiologically unfit for a fahrar, she was confiscated by the Sentinels and transferred over to Rata Sum for a natural upbringing. The memory of her foster mother continued to inspire her; a ringing example of a soldier's altruism and candor.

After some time, she aligned herself with the College of Dynamics and studied for a degree in Chemical Biology with certifications on applying and concocting ergogenic aids, nootropics, and chemical stimulants. Performance boosters and their potential in battle had her excited to graduate up until the year of 1,320 AE. The Brand had formed, the military shelter at the Steppes was decimated and warped to the ground with few survivors. The news shattered her, eventually dropping out to seek the active and protective duties of a peacemaker officer as a form of assurance.

She began her duties as a simple clerk in charge of criminal records, attendance, and as a side relieving officer at the local jail filling in for warden assistants. Vigil liaisons took notice, attention too alluring and promising to pass up. The Vigil were at all fronts-- most importantly, against Kralkatorrik, so it was a blessing to be offered a seat at the Vigil headquarters.

Nobody would have to lose their homes to the seemingly unstoppable and ravenous forces of the elder dragons, not while the Vigil stood their ground. A force to be reckoned with, protectors sworn with a promise. "Some must fight, so that all may be free." This was home and it was here to stay.

Some years had passed, climbing through the ranks from a lowly secretary, to a supply scout and field secretary, to the current tactician of a disaster relief unit. Still fighting the good fight like the soldier who nurtured her.

>tfw no background story for any of my characters aside from real basic shit like "she was poor but then she fell into a mist portal now she's a revenant"
>tfw not autistic enough

that's still nice to have, you should work on it

>tfw no charr mom

Holy shit, there's no GvG or dueling? Those are fundamental features that are pretty much industry standard at this point. Someone needs to send an angry email or two

It's coming, around the same time they deliver on the promises they made for HoT.
capes fucking WHEN

I recall some guy asking Colin Johanson if we'd ever get an official version of the Combat Mode that was popular at the time. He shot the question down with a "no" but ArenaNet ended up releasing their own version dubbed the "action camera" anyways

Maybe they'll add it as a UI feature for raids? They have it as a dev command which was also the case with visible health percentages and they ended up giving us that after people noticed

How about a picture of your character. I can't tell if she's a charr or an asura.

It'll be a hassle switching between PvP and PvE builds to duel though, so maybe after we have build templates? We still don't have those, uh..

>college of dynamics
Can you read?

She could've been a special snowflake, like Scarlet.

Post your story user

>Someone needs to send an angry email or two
it wouldn't matter
nothing would matter

their west coast open floor plan arcades-and-sushi bars wannabe tech startup office distracts the workforce from getting anything done

they're lazy
they're incompetent
they're coddled

NCSoft needs to put a hard asian disciplinarian in place to oversee the whole operation

pls no bully

Angry emails won't do too much, posting on Reddit will unfortunately

Why would we bully? The thread's already dead anyway.

>choking
NO

>Holy shit, there's no GvG
>have to please the blob vs blob and GW1 8v8 crowds all at once
how could they possibly win?

spoopy

>tfw you visit the youtube pages of gw2 players you use to watch

How does wooden potatoes push hour long videos on this game multiple times a week?

Die hard fans work that way, it's why I still play too.. but even WP would quit if ArenaNet truly gave up.

what do you think the price of the second expac will be?

posting fucked for anyone else? Can't post images.

I can't post images either

salad butts

ok

nobody on Veeky Forums can post images right now keep this bumped because if it dies it dies for good

if only gw2 died for good, too

ded chan

Drosera should make me leader already. I deserve it more than anyone.