/indie/ - Indie And Obscure Games General

Dead phillip edition

Last thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

uurnog.com/
underrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=43&Itemid=61
youtube.com/watch?v=nQuztGCBRkA
youtube.com/watch?v=9DIlY8f95eU
youtube.com/watch?v=lAQtKnQ6yoU
youtube.com/watch?v=NIIIAEZ6EfE
youtube.com/watch?v=_bnsViXNRv4
youtube.com/watch?v=ktAVOAye6LI
youtube.com/watch?v=ktAVOAye6LI&list=PLbIBL0f-42sQW94lV3fbl6C7JzNDVE9G7
bowlroll.net/file/126819
mediafire.com/file/rffice2749istbs/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404286485
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>New Nifflas game announced

yes YES

>It's a Humble Monthy exclusive

FUCK

uurnog.com/

i'm 100% ok with buying a 1 month humble monthly thing for uurnog, nifflas is one of my favorite gamemakers of all time

Me too, I guess. Pumped to play some new Nifflas stuff so soon.

Welcome back. Hollow Knight is only a few days away.
Someone will leak it. Monthly always gets leaked.

Noooo

The time has come

Night in the Woods

It's crazy the amount of content that Yume 2kki has, so many paths, so many dreams.

You guys like Assault Android Cactus?

I got bored of it pretty quick

How is it?

Ity's all just a trick

This update is a very beautiful update, yes. I don't even know what else to say. I think I'm going to cry.

underrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=43&Itemid=61

>exclusive
pirate time ┐(ツ)┌

>want to support Nifflas
>don't want to support bundle exclusivity shenanigans

help me jesus

Reminder there is a newer version of CLASSIC GAME and it is, indeed, real

youtube.com/watch?v=nQuztGCBRkA

CLASSIC GAME is not and will never be real

my game before it was a game

there is a DL in the description

I like the "CLASSIC GAME" is not real meme

CLASSIC GAME ain't finished

will wait.

Mae has hairy arms

I respect your choice.
but how long will it take for the game to be finished? so far it's almost a 1/3rd of the total game. I just want @ to be happy

>Cat has hairy arms
Who would've thought.

lol I like the placement of leaves on those trees

Noice.

I'm really glad we are getting more melee options. Not that I have anything against fists, hammers and knives, but it felt really restricting for such a wide category as "melee".

In my first playthrough I split off a lot of points into melee... and then never used it.

Thought it'd make a good backup for when I ran out of bullets.

The Soundtrack to NITW is pretty good

>NITW
What did he mean by this?

Night in the woods

It's actually pretty terrible. I came in really wanting to like this, and I was about to buy it on day 1, but I thought better of it and watched a stream instead.

The writing is atrocious. I don't know who this game was meant for, because it seemed like a pretty relatable story of disaffected youth, but man the dialogue just completely tears it for me. It's repetitive, none of the characters have a distinct voice, none of the characters are funny but make constant painful attempts at humor.

I admire the artistry that went into the visuals, but god, the content here is just... awful.

Good to see he is still alive but fuck sellouting.

You have no idea how mad I am at the default rpgm chests standing there.

So what is it now

Sonic Generations is ok at best wtf did people smoke to defend it so hard.

test

Moékuri: Adorable + Tactical SRPG: youtube.com/watch?v=9DIlY8f95eU

A Funeral with no Departed and Attendee: youtube.com/watch?v=lAQtKnQ6yoU

Party Hard: youtube.com/watch?v=NIIIAEZ6EfE

CLASSIC GAME: youtube.com/watch?v=_bnsViXNRv4

V I D E O G A M E S

Did you ever do 100% Orange Juice?

Yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktAVOAye6LI

youtube.com/watch?v=ktAVOAye6LI&list=PLbIBL0f-42sQW94lV3fbl6C7JzNDVE9G7

The second link has the playlist with 14 episodes. I'll revisit it sometime in a month or so for Marc's campaign.

Not the same user, but I'm on part two and I'm liking it so far.

It updates a lot too, last time was January

bowlroll.net/file/126819

Oh I thought that was a finished project.
Does the dev update it like a dream diary ala awkward dimensions redux?

Devs, 2kki is a collaborative project, which is why it's so huge and varied

Yes! I told you there would be spears; look at the tribals in this!

Reminds me of Scott Pilgrim. Or Gone Home with jokes. Glib.

Glib?

NLHKC-Y38ZP-6WNGH (???)

It's amazing how little bullshit if any that concept art ended up containing. Spears are in, jet skis are in. Man, this expansion is going to be some 11/10 shit. They are going all out.

>Vampire of the Sands
Looks like awkward Pixelshit.

owned

Yeah it all looks great, but I have a few concerns.

Mostly the fact that all of those are really big additions that can easily mess up the base game balance and design. The shotgun special ability is basically the rapid fire feat. That makes the feat a whole lot less useful when you can achieve the same thing without wasting the feat.

Seems like they will have to tweak the base game a lot.

I said multiple times that I'm afraid there is no niche for shotguns to cover and it's just like I expected, they are very simliar to assault rifles in how they work. I hope there will be more ammo types to make the stand out a little more.

Yeah, glib. Insincere, flippant.

>it will allow us to add more new weapons in the future (not in this DLC, though), to which we are rather looking forward to. I'm not gonna lie, we already know what weapons we want to add in the future, so just keep that in mind when you're posting your wishes.
Second DLC/Underrail 2 confirmed.

Yeah, hopefully. It will probably depend on sales.

Does anyone have Space Funeral 4 still?
I want to download and play the game but the creator deleted it for some reason and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Underrail Gold when?

Yeah I can upload to mediafire.
What a dramaqueen to just delete the game site.

>Yeah I can upload to mediafire.
Oh thank you blessed user

Fan of the games or just a boobsy fan?

I like the games quite a bit, they're pretty funny and I like the surreal look of it

Can it be Friday already?

mediafire.com/file/rffice2749istbs/
Here you go.

oh and boobsy is kinda weird, it's not a deal breaker but it's kinda off putting because apparently the creater has a huge boner for it

Don't worry she will grow on you.

>them boobs
oh boy here we go

How long left till the download done? I'd love to get it downloaded before I go to my job

I was playing with an inventory system at the time and needed a placeholder. It's long gone now, kek

Here's a snippet of one room that's still in alpha. It's the MC's main room and his computer.

So what's /indie/ looking forward to?

I think Octopus City Blues looks quite promising

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404286485

Hollow Knight is all I'm looking forward to at present. 2 More days.

Well that is something you got to know. It's 170mb so it is fairly fast to ddownload even on poverty.

Oh I was retarded and didn't see you had posted the link, but thank you very much

ded

More like /indied/

>"Sounds naive."

So can we call it the Hypocritic Oath?

>tfw you can't post yfw as a screenshot has to be attached instead

best and biggest rpg maker game

You could reply to yourself with your face.

i had a dream that we all lived in the UnderRail world.
it was weird.

>"whatever disease Aragonés was carrying has now infected Mendoza"
>inb4 it wasn't spit but some other body fluid that she had to wipe off

By the way Aragonés fell into a quicksand yesterday and got "sick" due to the sand he swallowed. Weird.

I wouldn't take that at face value.

What did you wear?

>dream of Underrail
>it was weird.
Sounds about right.

Pig Leather Overcoat

All i remember was living in the junkyard and having a secret stash hidden on a cavern.

Does anyone have that pastebin of Stardew Valley mods handy?

>i remember was living in the junkyard and having a secret stash hidden on a cavern.
That means you feel unsatisfied with your current life and long for better.
ANd also that you want to fuck your mom.

Okay, but did you see any mutants? My dreams tend to include plenty of mutants. But if you've seen any we could triangulate.

Shouldn't be this the other way round? "To my dear Felipe. Forever yours, Ines."?

How is Crea?

Any Resident Evil style static camera indie horror games? Not Back in 1995, that sucked.

it's gooood, features shake shake.

Night in the Woods is hitting close to home for me. A lot of the themes about returning to your home town, living in a small town, responsibility, and families growing older is stuff I really resonate with

noooooo

Copy Kitty got to be my favorite indie. Too bad there is no multiplayer.

what is WITH this copy KITTY? I see it everywhere and I have no idea why it is so be-loved

It's fast action. Basically your character can capture and combine powers to make new ones, then use them to destroy several robots. I like it because you feel powerful making those weapons combinations (Force + Plasma + Explosive is my favorite).

Plus the dev is also updating, it has different modes of playing and a lot of content. I already played 12 hours of it and I still haven't saw everything.

I don't really know if it's beloved (I am usually the ones who post about it on /indie/, but didn't see much interest), I just think it's kinda an underrated game (even through from what I heard in another thread it was originally a free game like OneShot).

If interested, I would suggest you to give it a try on Steam then refund if you don't like it.

Havent been here in months, so I dont know how over posted this is. Whats the general opinion of pointless around here?

"you should check it out"
"pointless"
Is what I gathered. Haven't played it.

cute