/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #675 - Sonic & Friends Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming ReleasesReminder: Don't respond to shitposters. Report & ignore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-EZW7niXovA
youtu.be/pAOaM2mP7fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rip

Carried over from last thread:
You want action? Do this fucking train wreck justice.

>No Mania special edition for PC in UK
Mememan pls I don't want a console

Do you like the Homing Attack, /sthg/?

Yes, yes I do. It feels satisfying in basically every game it's in.

Despite how mediocre the game was as a whole, I think the homing attack felt the best in Lost World, especially since you could now chain it across rows of enemies. I kept playing that one level with the honeycombs just because it was so satisfying.

keep it out of 2D
needed for 3D

lost world fucked it up.

Fast?

Slow.

Something action related? I'd like to see a short sequence of an Amy & Blaze team wrecking robots.

I'd like it if it actually preserved momentum instead of being a glorified "I win" button, not to mention it led to the fucking retarded level design staple of putting a bunch of enemies in a row over a bottomless pit for the sole purpose of making the player homing attack them.

I've just pre-ordered it from US Amazon.
That reminds me though, when does it come out again? Need to make sure I've actually got the funds to pay for it...

Yeah.

>homing attack felt the best in Lost World, especially since you could now chain it across rows of enemies
You can easily chain homing attacks in almost every game that has homing attacks.

>keep it out of 2D
I don't mind it, especially if it's an optional thing like for Classic Sonic in Generations.
>needed for 3D
Yes.
>lost world fucked it up
Double Yes.

I hate the bottomless pit thing but I feel it works if the line of enemies just leads to an alternate path and if you fuck up you have to take the bottom path.

>optional thing
I can live with that.

I feel that if a platforming game requires the player to have a dedicated button simply to home in on an enemy, it's fucked up at least one of its controls, physics or enemy design somehow. Sonic is the only major platformer I can think of off the top of my head that has such an attack. Sure Sonic's supposed to be faster, but it's also supposed to be a platformer first. So even though I can understand why it exists, I would prefer to have a 3D Sonic game that doesn't need it. Maybe make it an optional thing like in 3D Blast.

the city invasion bit or the rouge vs bunnie fight?

Yes

So this is the green Knuckles I've heard so much about.

What issue was this from?

Let's say that the first season of Sonic X is adaptated into the games universe, taking place before Sonic Adventure, with some slight alterations such as the two-worlds thing being changed to Station Square existing inside it's own 'bubble' that separates it from the rest of the world, and Cream&Cheese and Rouge aren't around yet, but Chris still exists (hopefully with better writing or characterization or whatever).

The first half of the first episode is the opening cutscene, and the rest of the episode is the first level, Speed Highway, with a rival race against Sam Speed.

The true final boss is Super Sonic versus "Egg Fort II" or whatever it was called, and the ending is Super Sonic using the emeralds' power to break the 'barrier' around Station Square, opening it up to the Mystic Ruins and the rest of the world, and Sonic goes off on a solo adventure before returning in Sonic Adventure.

How would the rest of the game be?

Nope, that's not it
262 I think. Do not quote me on that. I know it's the backup before Cassia and Clove's debut.\
Nope. That's earlier, but it goes on for fucking ever. You thought Unleashed was long? Green Knuckles just never fucking ends, and then it doesn't even end up mattering for shit.
I like it in 3D, but keep it out of 2D. Also, making it required to traverse bottomless pits is fucking stupid, almost as bad as pitting pits below ring trails

Alright I'm just going to go through the whole Unleashed arch then.

Just read the whole reboot while you're at it, since that's like 90% of the reboot at this point in time

>Let's say that the first season of Sonic X is adaptated into the games universe
Stopped reading there.

>Let's say that the first season of Sonic X is adaptated into the games universe
>How would the rest of the game be?
Shit.

So like at 251 then? What issue do I start with for Universe then?

Issue 55.

252 for main, 55 for Universe.

Alright time for me to re-read this stuff again. Thanks.

youtu.be/-EZW7niXovA
youtu.be/pAOaM2mP7fg

np user.

I liked Nicole's old hologram design better.

only in SA1 and SA2

I like her new one more because it's less revealing also tight pants.

wow

That's really shit

>Expect Archie adaptation from the name
>It isn't

Her new design is still my least favorite

I feel like they overdid it with the new design. The old one was more simple.

The dress was alright.

Nice image.

How is it shit? It seems decent.

Don't kid yourself, the animation is stiff and the voice acting is awful

We really need to ask him what's the meaning of this retardation.

So just like the games then

Neck yourself

Ouch, survive user pls

I love the games, but the voice acting has never been good outside of Eggman

Adventure 1 & 2 had the best voice acting. It's just too ahead of it's time for everyone to understand it. Just wait 80 years, it's going to be giga-kino for that acting.

Man I can't wait for SXSW. Can't happen soon enough.

I used to be all for old outfit but I agree in liking the new design, a lot more aesthetically pleasing and fitting of an AI.

I do miss the shit out of her hair beads though.

They'll probably just give out some minuscule breadcrumbs and tell us to keep waiting.

Yeah her new outfit does look fitting for her.

>The last one

lmao

Believe me, I am not the type of person to wear "gay goggles" for fucking everything, but all the emphasis on Sally and Nicole's dynamic in the reboot and its nature makes me feel like they're being slowly and subtlely set up to be a couple. Maybe it's just me trying to fill holes like a loser since Sonally and Sharcole aren't a thing anymore, but it actually feels like that's the direction they're leaning towards.

I don't really mind though, they look really cute together for one

>23rd June 2017
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't catch wind of this before.

Anyway, I was expecting much worse. The older video isn't half bad, even if it isn't that well written.

It will be weird if there was some plot point where they find a way to make Nicole real.

It was also not fitting at all and made no sense logically.

>Sonic I need your help to defeat Sonic Black in the future

I think Ian said on his podcast he had considered doing just that, and that Archie / Sega would be cool with it, but he thought there would be massive fan backlash because of all the Sonally baggage. I like the idea, personally.

Well Ian has said that he isn't exactly opposed to the idea. Then again he said he'd never touch LGBT themes with a 10 foot pole, but views change over time. I'm okay with the idea, because it's pretty in character for both of them.

>but he thought there would be massive fan backlash because of all the Sonally baggage.
Tbh most, if not all responses I've seen to the idea of it happening have been fairly positive.

I would rather shipping be left to the fans and not touched in official media. Implying it like with Sonamy is mostly okay, though.

It's not happening, user. Ian hasn't been big on shipping in general anymore, Sonally still has a foothold in the fanbase, and he made comments on not feeling the comic book was the best place to address LGBT stuff.

Honestly, I hope they don't anyway. The book should stay away from romance and definitely don't need two couples in the main group.

I think it could work if it was mostly implied, like the comic never made a super big deal about it. It's not the best idea but if you really wanted it in, handling it with class would be the way to go

Wasn't there some answer in one of the fan questions in one of the issues saying Nicole has no romantic interest in anyone?

He should be thinking of the backlash of arbitrarily putting in gay shit or sexuality in general in this comic. Serious romance in Sonic always ends up cringe. Always.
But he's writing Jughead now so he can unleash those ideas on that comic. Not like it hasn't seen worse from what I've heard.
>in character for both of them
Since when does being friends naturally progress into lesbianism? Why is this a thing?

I donĀ“t think they nescessarily should go ALL out lezzing, but more interaction is always nice.

nothing against some hot cat/squirrel action tho

I'd rather it just be left as is. Fans do enough shipping for themselves anyway.

>comparing trunks to this dork.

>Since when does being friends naturally progress into lesbianism? Why is this a thing?

This

If real life was fiction, then about 90% of the females I know would be pegged as potential lesbian or 'they're just hiding it but they're obviously lesbian' by readers such as yourselves.

>Since when does being friends naturally progress into lesbianism? Why is this a thing?
I meant moreso in that Nicole and Sally are so close that I could buy them being a thing.
Also friends turning to lovers is more common than you'd think. Kind of happened to me. And again
That is also a viable option, and probably a better one. But hey, always fun to speculate

>90% of the females I know would be pegged

I remember the answer was some pun about Nicole only loving her motherboard.

>Motherboard
MILF Nicole when?

You're sharp, I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.

>so close that I could buy it
It would still come out of nowhere. The only thing stopping people wanting Sally and Bunnie to lez out is the fact that Bunnie's married and they're just as close as Sally and Nicole, if interactions pre-reboot still happened off-panel.

She can modify her body any type she wants.

Why is Gala-Na always described as being the most busty/curvy?

I mean, this series has fucking Madonna in it.

Brown fur Nicole is better than light-brown fur.

I'm not going to tiptoe with my post, and say I'm against this idea purely because I don't want homosexuality in my Sonic, especially lesbians since they've been inserted into enough media already.

Because the one time we got a full shot of her she was stacked with doujin-tier child-bearing hips. Madonna isn't canon to anything.

ACtually we got 2 shots and she was crazy stacked, like beyond Rouge tier. It was fucking crazy

>tfw the Sonic LW Zelda level was based off OOT and not WW

I know the image you're going to post, and all I'll say is that's barely anything to shout about. I mean it's like you've never seen Rouge

Can't really say I'm for it since I ship them with different characters. Simple as that.

Rouge got her tits nerfed after SA2 and Gala-Na is bigger if we compared the two drawn by the same artist. But in the end she was just another character that showed up and disappeared just like the snake bounty hunter.

>Nicole has been secretely scanning and digitally modeling the bodies of the women she meets so she can later try them on for size

Isn't he literally based off of Trunks?

>comparing Silver to that dork
ftfy
Yup.

I still don't see what the fuss is.

Fucking cute!

>Comparing Trunks to that dork

Amy a cute!

CUTE!

>Sonic Black
>Looks just like Sonic except his shoes and gloves are black. And he turns pink when he goes super.

>And everyday she changes her appearance slightly and people don't notice for awhile.

The pre-reboot had a lot of those.

Then you're probably not a tit man.