Toyota Celica

Opinions?

No.

No.

Its fine.

GT is slow
GT-S has manual gears too close on the shifter so people money shift and destroy the engine
GT-S has difficult to use power band because it's above 6k and you have to shift at redline to stay in valve lift
GT engine devours oil on older models like a 350z does

Basically buy an RSX

worse than a 3k civic. not sporty.

Depends on the gen and what you want to do with it.

They're not really adequate for modifying without doing engine swaps. And even then it's not like they're the be-all, end-all of FWD cars.

But if you're looking for an economical, fun to legally-drive car, it's good. Good seats usually, feels like a sports car, etc.

Pic related, my Celi.

it comes pre-riced from the factory

If it isn't an All-Trac or a GT4 it isn't worth it.

Get an older one since they at least look good.

This last gen Celica was a real downer.
They sit low, I hope you are young with a good back.
Its also Blindspots: The Car. Can't see shit captain rear end.
Kinda bland looking in the sport car world.

>Its also Blindspots: The Car. Can't see shit captain rear end.

try losing some weight so you can turn your head you fat fuck

*AE86 Sprinter

Veeky Forums likes to hate on the 7th gen but it's the best gen celica and a good car.
it handles better than other celicas (minus the awd ones) and most other fwd sports coupes and the gts is 180hp stock, theres a good aftermarket for them, it's kinda practical and while most of Veeky Forums hate the look of it i for one like it. especially the trd package
You have to rev the piss out of it to have power but if you can land lift it's pretty quick and it's a little different than your average 3k civic

did somebody say Celica?

The RSX is worse than the Celica in power and handling unless your talking about the type S
Then your looking at 7-8k compared to the GTS at 5k.
even then the RSX-S only makes 165-175whp while the Celica gts makes about 160whp

I own a 6th gen with the 5sfe. It's pretty reliable, but not fun to work on. It's basically a fun a to b car, and I wouldn't buy one if you wanted a real sports car. The 7th gen handles better, and I think its actually on par with an rsx or double wishbone civic.

get a corolla xrs 05-06 instead

Only bad thing about that Celica gen is its looks.

this post describes it to a T. Not gonna blow your mind but it's pretty ok
I took the sikk wang the factory put on it and i've been fine with vision. even before I had no issues with it, I just didn't' like it.

All in all they're eh cars and they're kinda heavy for what they are.

I always have this impression that it's some middle-aged asian woman that drives a celica even though I've only seen that a couple times

they're fun ff cars but getting an FF celica is like getting an v6 classic muscle car. what's the point?

As someone who is a die hard toyota fanboy and fucking hates hondas: if you want quality good handling, fun driving FF cars just go honda man. They never make anything else other than FF and they're pretty damn good at it.

Only get the GTS with the 2zz and manual gearbox.

1zz engine has shortblock problems.

The car handles very good for fwd shitbox.
Good steering and feel.
The sadly look too fast. Its all show.
You actually can pack a good amount of stuff into the car (for a 2+2 coupe) because its a liftback.

The european ones are better because they have a higher limiter and thus the car works as intended:
Shift at ~8000 (redline 8250) it will drop down to 6400 and will still be in lift.

The american gts drops out of lift everytime you shift.

Gts is a good cheap sporty daily driver if you can live with the looks.

TIs gets constantly shit on for being slow. Its funny because the RSX/Integra (The closest competitioner) wasnt really faster (But overall slightly better).

pic related: my TS (euro GTS)

I see RSX Type S's all the time for like 5K to 6K.

What kind of condition and mileage though?

Are the shocks and bushing worn to shit so it doesn't handle anywhere near intended?

the european ones where better because they are built in japan thats the only reason.

Usually around 120K-130K.
Suprisingly not beat to shit. If they are closer to 5K then they usually have more towards 140K-150K.

This

Manual GTS is great
Auto GTS is shit
GT anything is shit

I worked with a guy who had 250,000 miles on his. He liked it.

Yes or no?

>The european ones are better because they have a higher limiter and thus the car works as intended:
>Shift at ~8000 (redline 8250) it will drop down to 6400 and will still be in lift.

The manual GTS in the US can stay in lift. The auto GTS is the American model with a lower rev limiter.

I just wish last celcia got gt4

Fastest looking slow car I've ever seen.

You probably couldn't pay me enough to part with my 04 TRD 6spd gt-s. And if you could I'd only go out and buy another nicer example to at least be my daily.

The looks are definitely polarizing, the gt is real slow, and forget getting an auto of either, but I fully love my gt-s. If I had real money I'd build both a rwd, and awd one, cost effectiveness be damned.

This desu

sure