Rebel vs Raptor Thread

If you wanted an off-road/rock crawling or desert riding truck, which one from these would you pick?

Points to note.
Dodge Ram 2500 Rebel
>6.4L Hemi V8
>Made of steel
>A bit on the heavier side.

Ford F150 Raptor
>5.5L EcoBoost V6
>Made of aluminum
>Lighter and more fuel efficient

Both looks muscular enough and excels well on the task it's made for.

So what's your pick?

.5L EcoBoost V6
ERROR!

It has a 3.5L EcoBoost V6

I'll just buy a stock truck, jack it up a little, buy off terrain tires, offroad suspension that can handle the abuse and PRESTO, I saved a lot of money not going overboard by buying a $70k offroader.

I'll take the one with a diesel option thanks.

Raptor. It isn't even close. The Ram is a bit more of a "light enhancement+ cosmetics" type package. It doesn't have a mechanically locking rear diff. Air suspension rides and articulates poorly at higher settings.

Raptor all day.
only down side is you can get rebel much cheaper.
Good luck getting good deal on raptor

>off road rock crawling
>rebel or raptor
there's a reason you didn't post curb weight user?

don't get any of these for that purpose. Otherwise, yeah desert riding's alright.

Neither, they are to big.

Are you talking about the power wagon or just a regular 2500?
The power wagon has a 12000lb winch, electric locking diffs, swaybar disconnect, skid plating all around, solid axles, 4.56(?) gears, and other shit.
If i wanted a desert truck i would get a raptor but otherwise the pwagon is best

>Made of steel
>Made of aluminum

irrelevant in this application

Honestly you don't want either. They're too long and too fucking heavy and they're both underpowered as fuck. They make trash off-road vehicles

Would rather put 20k into a purpose built truggy, and the other 50k into beer money fund.

The rebel is a 1500 with a unique air suspension that's set higher than the normal air suspension. Ram (Dodge) has specifically said it's not made to compete with the Raptor. It's a factory mall crawler.

I would a Power Wagon over a Raptor though.

>v6

lol

well if a toolbox can btfo a ford what happens when you scrape on something while offroading?

I'm surprised they named it rebel, Nignogs seemed to have an unhealthy attitude towards that word.

The only way to unseat Ford as the factory brodozer champion is to pander to Southerners.

Nigs don't buy pickups anyways.

>believing ad propaganda

gm shill going full force today.

Meh. The choice is neither A) nor B)...it's C)

>Nigs don't buy picku-

>buying a dodge, ever
midsize vs fullsize