/twg/ - Total War General

AZHAG HERE

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M&t=0s

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5pCL-gnRq_4
youtube.com/watch?v=3ihIJ1UZAVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HAHAHHA here we GO again, another round of stale memes and shitposting.
another round of tomb kangz,meme rats, meme elves, meme goblins, meme squigs, AHHHH rome, le ebin vlad, and etcetera.

I'm fucking tired of this general, you autists are the absolute bane of this board, holy shit I would stomp every single one of you meme spouting neckbeards in a second with my bare hands.
For the love of god stop posting these memes, I'm tired, I just want to discuss Total War and not have to scroll trough a wall of memes.
Enough is enough.

Tomb Kings WHEN?

>non aggression pact
>trade agreement
>75 green relations
>save scum 3 times, this happens every time
??????????

someone said memes ?

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

I'm still excited.

Recruitable AOR troops soon.

That's what you get for trusting fucking romans

latin scum

Did somebody say shit about ze Lady?!

>Devious
>Opportunist

Italians defend their moms.

Rock the boat!

Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Games Workshop, which, as much as I admire, I do quibble with. Warhammer Fantasy had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Games Workshop can say that Karl Franz became emperor and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But GW doesn’t ask the question: What was Franz's tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these Chaos Warriors? By the end of the war, Archaon is gone but all of the Chosen aren’t gone – they’re in the Chaos Wastes. Did Karl Franz pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby Chosen, in their little chaos cradles?

good shit.

But brets are french

>Did he maintain a standing army?

Well he did.

A deal's a deal user!

Now you have to sup from my Grail

they could attack anyone
it's like theyre hard coded now to attack epirus or whoever holds it
that's gay and i dont like it

Good questions Martin. Here, have your ranch. You deserve it after typing that taxing paragraph

Wow didn't see this meme for a while

What a beautiful human. You can tell its a human because of the jugs.

Rome the faction has the fucking worst ai when it comes to diplomacy.

to everything there is a season

>Gobbo archers

THE TRUE VON CARSTEIN

mod link?

You forgot to pluralize the last word.

haven't uploaded it yet.
here, have a blooper.

In my game Marienburg was the last surviving elector count lord with as much lands as the empire themselves until they confederated for some fucking reason.

>Vlad
>nose

Bullshit.

Isabella making Morathi look like a pure maiden

More like bullshit CA.
Vampires can literally look like whatever they want, that's why they have to drink blood and aren't just charismatic skeletons like Nagash and Arkhan.

Hey lore blokes, what are the uniform colours of sylvania? I need it for reasons.

Did you guy notice it?
Also Kislev has unique icon as a capitol city.

Black and Red.

yes, we know, which is the entire basis of the mod I am making.

>some dude actually saved that
Here have a selfie too.

That was before he died, then got back up.

>land ruled by bloodthirsty monsters of the night
>soldiers use scythes

its like they're asking for it

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

it looks kinda similar to the wissenland colors.

the shade of yellow used ingame for averland is so fucking ugly, actuall all colours for the provinces are fucking ugly

What's so special about Averland, other than the mad count?

The place was a dark-magic infested shithole even before the vampires. The natural conditions were enough to create zombies without any guided necromancy.

cattle fed with protein

God I'm in the middle of a VC campaign right now as Daddy Vladdy but I just can't finish it. I told myself I would finish the VC before Bretonnia dropped but I hear the clarion call and just can't be bothered anymore. Even then I also now feel like trying a Skarsnik campaign as I never finished the one I started then. Help me /twg/

Best color scheme hands down.

are you talking about the women or the cattle?

Nothing, it's probably the least fleshed out of all the provinces. Reikland are rich jews, Stirland are rednecks, Middenland are vikings, Nordland are sailors, Ostland are slavs, Wissenland have their tech etc.

they are both the same.

What about Talabecland and Ostermark?

Today was the day!

PATCH NOTES
WHEN

Averlanders are like rich Texans. Less metropolitan and more rural than Reiklanders, and good at breeding horses.

Talabecland have their own god and their capital is in a giant crater, so that's something. Ostermark doesn't really have that much, they these death head guys though which could have been a great RoR.

When have they usually done patch notes?
I can't imagine they'll come out before release day

Isn't Averland basically Knight capital of the Empire? I know it is the least forested and thus most agriculture heavy province aswell.

How does an Averlander tell the difference between his woman and his cattle?
He can't

they've actually usually put them out before major patches, so we know what to expect
I guess expect them either on Thursday or this coming weekend

DELETE THIS

How come VCs cannot recruit those as Vlad for instance?

>literally founded to combat Vampire count rule
>why can't Vampires use them?

re-read it
they formed AGAINST Vlad

Why would anyone do that?

Oh damn, sorry.
Would be a nice RoR thats immune to fear though.

>Empire niggers
>Get anything nice

Haha fuck off this is zee lady game now

Can i just say how fucking cool it is that we have people who make mods posting in these threads? You faggots are great

kek/kek

here are the sylvanian units you wanted to see. There's a squad of shielded spearmen from hochland in the back, and a unit of regular spearmen from stirland.

any other units you guys wanna see?

Nordland bls

>/twg/ will never have HPM tier modder
Truly a waste

so what makes the best Lores of magic best?

I'm really loving VC Lore of Death/Shadows/Vampirism for their buff/debuff stacking (20 seconds of evaporating enemies that usually ends with a complete rout in the last 5 seconds is nice)

A unit of wissenlander handgunners and reikland halberdiers. Note the darker colors of the reiklander.

Foot of Gork wiping out multuple elite (high mass) units

pretty good, but one question, is it possible to reverse the floppy hat color on wissenlanders? Make them stand out better if they have red hats with white trim opposed to Reikland dark red trim and white hat

Aoe+ debuffs.

You can also use night gobbo warlords as walking debuff since they give poison to whole army.

Hochland boys looking Veeky Forums

Preview of new foot of gork buff leaked from CA:
youtu.be/5pCL-gnRq_4

Reminder

here you go.
it's a function of their models/textures I think. yeah, it's a shame.
indeed they do.

delicious color scheme

comparison of sylvania and stirland color schemes? thoughts and opinions?

So what's your end goal? All empire units have the colour scheme of the province they were recruited in?

yes.
The difference between previous mods and my attempt is that it will be based on crysnos' modding framework.

I managed to "fix" the hats by reversing the color scheme. what do you guys think?

excellent, I think they stand out compared to Reikland now
comparison pic update?

heres the situation lads

spanish destroyed one of my border guard armies and pushed in to siege Jenuenis
I formed 3 armies quickly and send them down and successfully relieved the city and have 1 full army guarding the bridge in
1 german army is besieging Mediolanium but it's a small force so I'll relieve it next, full legion guarding the northern mountain pass right now

Germans pushing in heavy at the north besieging Iuvavum and Oduba, I think they can hold out but I sent 1 legion up (with mostly quickly conscripted illyrian spearmen) but this force isn't really strong enough to fight them

Illiyrians are pushing in and besieging Bylazora , and 1 Macedonian army is at the bridge north of Tylis

Things are more complicated in the east where all the largest battles are, seleucids got about 20,000 men in anatolia fighting me but they're spread out

Germans and Spanish have maybe 20,000 guys if you combine all their armies, they're not too big of a threat despite the huge invasion

>it will be based on crysnos' modding framework.
What does this mean?

You must conquer Jerusalem

much more compatible with other mods. I use someone else's pfm instead of my own.
here you go.
And yes, they do stand out a little bit more.

You guys think we will get Rudol von Stroheim Skaven thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=3ihIJ1UZAVk

looks great user

Any more comparisons or units you guys wanna see?

Just figured that I'd point out that Bundle Stars is having a 15% off sale on the DLC. It's not much, but it might just tingle your jew-senses just enough

sure user

here's a few ostland vs stirland comparisons.

name any two and I will jig them up for you.

And both love their moms