Reality Check

>Career/Job & Annual income?
>Do you live comfortably?
>Are you satisfied? If not, why?
>If you could change something in the past, what would it be?
go

I'll go first
(PT) TJ Maxx associate/college student & 9,600 a yr
Living with parents. So yeah
Meh, could be better
I wish I would have taken school more seriously.

•Sales associate at Ross; 7,200
•I live with my boyfriends parents so kinda
•little bit. Wish I had a car
•I would save my money wisely and take school more seriously

programmer $35k
yes pretty comfortably, altho i could see myself living in a larger flat.
no not really, in better places than this shithole i would earn $100k+, and my savings are not progressing
leave this doomed country

Former advertising consultant making 50k a year turned fine artist
Kek
I sacrificed stability and sex for a sexless gutter bum lifestyle and i wouldn't trade it for the world
Never picking up smoking cigarettes

the fuck is wrong with you nigger? lol i have no words.

Girlfriend

> Career
Still in school, about to take my a levels
>Annual Income
10.000,-
>Live comfortably:
Check, parents rich
>Satisfied:
Fuck yeah
>Change the past?
Wouldnt, just invest in some stocks earlier and also stop wasting money on stupid shit as candy, etc.

>>Career/job and annual income?
Government work 45k

>>Do you live comfortably?
Still live with parents, saved a lot for house

>>Are you satisfied? If not, why?
I've got fun hobbies and a girlfriend so yeah

>>If you could change something in the past, what would it be?
Not smoking weed and getting arrested at 18

Game programmer, 120k
Relatively
The games I make aren't very good. Cost of living is crazy in the bay area and I'm still paying off student loans at 25 and living in a duplex, despite being married (dual income) with no kids.
Go somewhere cheaper for school. Shoot for AAA internship instead of trying to work up to AAA from indie jobs.

I trade for a living, my annual income is around $200,000
I still live with my parents it's kind of alright, I guess
I'm satisfied that I get to take off on my own time and what not but it's extremely stressful
>If you could change something in the past, what would it be
Probably some of my stock picks if we're talking recently.

What so you guys sit and read Veeky Forums together? How cute.

>job
Work for a guy who flips houses, various shit from demo to finish carpentry, 27 grand from that job, various other shit to make more

>comfort
Somewhat, don't have to live with parents but always super frugal if I wanna save anything

>satisfied?
Fuck no, don't wanna scrape by with a bluecollar pride as the only benefit

>change past?
I would not get that felony charge and would have become motivated and entrepreneurial earlier

>accounting student/part time IT support maybe 15k a yr
>live w parents can save around 50% of what i make
>not really, can always do more/be more
>not go to school for electrical eng the first time around

Nah. She saw me posting and asked if she could write something.

Why do you still live with your parents? Afraid to fly the coop?

>200,000
>I still live with my parents

Smart man. I honestly don't see any reason to move out unless you have those types of parents that just wants you gone immediately or unless you have a girlfriend. Other than that, stay there and conserve as much income as you can. That's what I plan to do at least

>job
IT Business Analyst first year out of college - $45K

>comfort
Still live at home bc student loans so yea comfy for now

>satisfied?
Job is okay, kinda interesting, pays the bills, decent benefits. I never saw myself stuck in an office though.

>change past?
Really decide if getting a business degree and working in an office are what I want to do with my life before deciding to abandon fine arts

>assembly person
40-50k depending on OT
Satisfied? Ehh used to be but not so much anymore. Always thought in HS I'd just get a job like mine and live a life of solidarity. Now that I've achieved it, o realize how boring it is
Currently studying engineering as I work so there's that

I wish I could teach my younger self to relax a bit stop being so stressed and teach myself to be less awkward back then

-CNC monkey wasting a college degree because I'm terrified of failure
-~$40,000/year
-very much so
-sorta. Could get a job in the prosthetic development field paying triple what I make now but I'd have to move a thousand miles from home.
-I bought a house without getting it inspected twice. First inspector missed a bunch of mold and structural problems. My wife and I basically ended up throwing the $25k she got from her estranged father's wrongful death suit into the trash. I think about it daily and it's been 2 years.

Business Admin/$160,000/yr
Yes
Move away from California, stuck in a liberal hellhole.

Lab analyst (Chem)
100k AUD
Yes
No i don't really want to work in my industry (mining)
I wish i didn't buy things just because i had the money. Could have put it to better use.

Financial Analust

no - could be making more

should have jumped around jobs more - every two years - fastest way to get bigger raises

>Hotel manager and cook, $22/hr no benefits
>Yes
>For the most part, but the overtime and constant work wears me down
>Started investing last time my GICs rolled over instead of this year. I had already seen the drop in interest rates gfrom the previous roll but didn't feel that I knew enough to invest, and the delays in paperwork just made things worse.

Probably wouldn't have been too much better off but I should have learned things earlier.

IT administrator (part time during the semester, full time during the summer) and DJ

about $30k depending on how many private events I play

Financially, yes. I don't think I could be making any more money as a student unless if I was investing. Personally, I can get a little overwhelmed at times and I occasionally feel lonely because I'm constantly working or studying by myself.

If I could change anything, I would finish my degree in 4 years opposed to 5.

McDonalds, ~12k USD/yr. Easy, barely pays bills, coworkers are cool; I hate it.

"Comfortably" in a codependent sense - I live rentlessly with my parents who are actually more poor than I am and can be physically dependent on me. We can barely afford our living and they otherwise can't help me, but as long the boat isn't rocked, we're good enough.

No. I'm a nearly 25 narcoleptic community college dropout who was born in a hole and just dug it larger for myself.
My situation is improving - just got my shitbox car fixed after it sat for so many months and I'm budgeting for community college again or starting IT certs by end of 2017 - but I'm so hilariously behind my peers and capital comes in so slowly and sometimes gets outright eaten by incidentals...

Went to a doctor earlier and admitted my neurological issues instead of 'believing in' myself that I can handle full time work and community college simultaneously by 'not being lazy' and 'working hard' so I wouldn't have fucked up my only good opportunity; this was all my own delusional fault, though.
Alternatively, guilted my parents/stole money/etc. for better PC hardware than an old AGP-less Prescott-based desktop back when I followed Bitcoin when it was new.

>retired, $240K
>yep
>sure
>that's a long list, but I guess it worked out

1st year med student, so going 60k p.a. in the red until residency starts
Yes. Parents subsidize my living. Nothing glamorous, but certainly not poverty status.
Sure, happy I got into med school. Would be pissed if I had to do family medicine or primary care and not my dream specialties.
Focus more on fitness/physical health. Play sports.

Paralegal/practice manager in a small law firm; $62k and a spot with a higher salary is secured for me should I complete law school.

Yes

Very.

Not really.

Truck driver for UPS (semi truck not the small delivery truck) made 146k last year, if I could change anything would have stayed in college

are you an owner operator? how did you get the gig?

It's more so what said, I just don't have a reason to move out, I'm going to be partnering with my dad on real estate deals soon, after we get a few of those locked in I'll probably end up moving out to manage some of them.

What country?

hungary

uproot and go

it is for the best

Engineering tech. ~35k this year, great benefits.
Could be better, could be worse. Girlfriend is losing her job so that's stressful.
Wish I didn't waste 4 years after high school on college and dicking around.

Operator at a plastic plant.
$44K/year before overtime, holiday pay, etc.

Yes

No. I live comfortably but I will never be able to save up enough to be living off dividends by the time I'm 35-40 years old.

Don't drop out of school.

Discover Veeky Forums wiki when I was 230lb instead of 330lb. Could have saved 3 years of my life.

Don't quit football because the niggers in school thought it wasn't as cool as basketball. I sucked at basketball.

Move in with Grandma instead of Dad. She would have made sure all of the things above didn't happen because she was a strict parent.

So leave?

What did you major in?

Majored in not going to class and failing out.

Best of luck user

L2 chat support for dell, 35k

I can pay my bills but that's about it

No, the retards whose systems I support make twice as much as me and know half as much

Don't bother with college you don't need it for you career dreams

>Starbucks Barista / College student
> Apartment split between me and two long-time friends, my share fully paid for by parents
> Plenty satistfied, going into the Navy as an Officer for 5 years, then going to law school on taxpayer dime because military Gibsmedats
> If I had to change something, I would've not done drugs like a degenerate my entire freshman year (I'm a junior now, retook everything I fucked up, and have a solid 3.7 right now, but it would have been so much easier if I had started off not skipping class to get high)

>the retards whose systems I support make twice as much as me and know half as much
REEEEEEEE this

I'm L1 on premises support for a large biotech company, I've actually had L2 guys refer clients to me, and they're literally making twice as much as I do

if I'm not getting a promotion after my 12 month term I'm out, good thing about this job is the amount of time I have between clients, allowing me to read up or learn about whatever I want to

Software Engineer, USD$145,000
Yes.
No. I hate corporate culture and being a wageslave.
Dump the girlfriend I had in my first year of university and date Kate instead.

Freelance web dev/programmer - $55-70k depending on how much work I want to take on.
Yes, currently traveling the world while working remotely.
I'm content.
Learn coding at an earlier age.
Don't pass up on that SaaS opportunity, could've been retired already.

Teach me your ways.
How much capital you working with?

>if I'm not getting a promotion after my 12 month term I'm out
You want. If your manager though you'd deserve it it would already happen

Pharmacy technician. 40k base.

Yes. No car payment, live with gf and split all bills equally.

Moderately. I would like to make more money, but that just isn't realistic as a pharm tech. I have an interview with corporate for a completely different role though, so hopefully that'll push me into a new salary range.

Take college seriously and actually finish.

I have been thinking about getting into law instead of nursing, I get to wear a suit everyday and enjoy a somewhat comfy deskjob, is 5 years enough to secure a decent job in the paralegal field?

I started out with 25k then went into margin. Now I take out any of my gains over $100,000

There's anons on here collecting neetbux for "depression". You have a legitimate medical issue. You might want to consider it so you can focus on school.

> 60k
> Yes
> Mostly
> Start my current profession at a younger age. And work instead of going to college.

Jezus. You're making 200k/yr now and started out with 25k? What the hell is your secret.

Most paralegals don't make much, like $14/hr is considered good.

>Engineering Projecf Management (a support role. I'm not a PM)
>$55K USD a year
>Yes. Have my own condo and a nice car financed for cheap
>I like my work but don't like corporate life (currently considering enlisting in the Army)
>I wish I would have gone to a more prestigious university than my local commuter school to save money.

>>I wish I would have gone to a more prestigious university than my local commuter school to save money.
did the same thing. what a mistake that was. i had a very good GPA, but i'd gladly trade it for a 2.0 from a top 10 school.

Honestly it's just for the "college life" and networking aspect. My commuter school gave me a degree exactly the same as my state's flagship school (a "Public Ivy", kek) but guys I know who majored in what I did at the flagship got jobs at much more prestigious firms because of career fairs. Your campus may not pigeonhole you but your first job out of school absolutely can.

can't yet, don't have the capital to securely move i don't want to be a fucking refugee or mexican substitute berry picker. also gf doesn't want to move until her mother is alive. so i'm waiting for the opportunity to bounce and try to gather some funds for it.

>Public Servant
>Bout 77k annually
>Live comfortably, yet frugally. Currently saving for my house (got enough money right now but it won't be used for a home loan deposit)
>Satisfied, good conds and they pay for my study
>Might have become a software engineer or mathematician instead

Wouldn't mind getting into the house flipping business, honestly. I've got the cash to spend and the time once I get my accounting certification done.

Just need to get the know-how on how to do it first.
Things have turned out well though.

>until her mother is alive

you mean dead?

>Public Servant
>77K

are you a big city cop? Unless you live in a major coastal city I'd keep the govvie job and reap the sweet benefits

yeah while she is alive, she visits her mother frequently it's kinda fucked up if you ask me but only child in a shit marriage she is literally the only thing her mother loves.

the career fairs at my university were completely useless. the handful of large companies that would show up had only internships or temporary positions available. the local "startups" had shit underpaid positions.

I've only been on the job for 5 weeks though

Would enjoy reading how you pulled this off

The trick to a smooth and cheap move is already having a job lined up, Hungary is part of the Schengen so you have a lot of places to go. If you're a half decent programmer you'll find a job in Berlin or London for sure.

And yeah when it comes to women, I moved overseas and my girlfriend stayed behind, it's been pretty fucked up for the both of us so maybe just wait until the mother in law drops dead, that should replenish your mutual funds as well.

forester 44K, age 22

yeah, but I have a small apt. saving up for home.

yeah, the only downside of my job is I work 100 miles in the woods, so Im in a camp 4 nights a week, but I have 3 day weekends.

I would've taken high school less seriously--fucked more bitches, pissed off more teachers. If I did, I probably would have a little more confidence today.

>If you're a half decent programmer you'll find a job in Berlin or London for sure.
i'm pretty good actually. i had no confidence before but in the passing years i have been doing the interviewing of new colleagues and leading other devs in projects and i have to tell you the pickings left here are very slim.

>Blue collar job, 70k a year
>Nah, living with my friend
>Work outside all year, can get shitty when it rains etc
>cheating on my girlfriend (delayed my plan for investing in proberty due to not having dual incomes) Dropping out of college, even though i make more now than i would within my field.

UK?

>Lost my job
>20y still living with parents. So yes
>Because i cant afford shit
>Dont do the same shit in school, getting higher education level.

>College graduate. 2nd year unemployed. Income 0 but receiving food stamps which is good.
>No
>No. All friends, same age, already have career, nice house and car, wife and kids.
> I would not go to school and waste my time there just to be unemployed. I should have stayed home, sign up for Lynda.com and pick up a programming language or two, and the rest of the time socializing. I woulda had a better chance finding a decent job.

EE/CompE student, scraped by my first year but it doesn't count towards my final degree, had to postpone my first set of exams until the summer due to overwork / stress, made big progress on my work ethic / discipline though (previously a le smart but lazy kid), I will get a 3.5+ GPA and maintain it, I have the work ethic and the intelligence

I don't know. I've just realised that the only question I ever really ask myself is "am I working hard enough". I find it hard to eat properly because I'm usually really fucking busy with college. I think I may have an eating disorder from being forced to eat food as a kid. Cooking takes too much time so I end up eating like shit and wasting money on takeout. Generally only when I'm literally in pain from hunger.

I have very little social life, I don't go out to nightclubs or anything like that. I have a very negative view of people and while I'm very lonely, I still don't really want anything to do with them. I have some kind of Schizoid / APD from childhood abuse I'd think.

I live in a country with dreary, wet, miserable weather. My hometown is a depressing shithole with lots of drugs and misery.

My parents are good to me financially at least. I have a gym membership (which I use a lot), a bike to cycle to college with, enough money to buy food and they also pay my rent. Yeah, I guess I live comfortably, financially at least. I have about 5000 euros in savings, I only spend smart and I don't drink or smoke

No, I'm clinically depressed and I have been for as long as i can remember. My only real motivation is hatred and anger towards the people who have wronged me.

I'd make my mom's bipolar disorder go away and my dad to be a good, decent man and not a ruthless psycho who scared the living shit out of me.

Are you fucking retarded?

How do I get a AAA internship?

No don't even tell me that. I just want some general advice from a successful programmer to a caveman. All the advice I get from people is "just keep looking :)"

I'll bite:
>Job
Content Writer, which I like, unlike my company
>Annual income
24K. While I don't live in the US, it is of course far from satisfying. I'm working on that.
>Comfort
OK for all basic needs and some luxuries here and there, but it is far from enough. I want to be able to blow 1K on a whim once per month.
>Satisfaction
No, but I'm not disappointed either. I come from a very long way.
>Time travel
Too many things to actually matter. I was an idiot for most of the last decade, not investing myself enough in studies nor actually studying what I should have.
Maybe one nothing though. At one point, I sacrificed what would have been an internship concluding in a comfy but probably boring job for pursuing my passion and work for a comic books company, an experience that was a nightmare, forcing me to study one more year in order to change my career path.
In retrospect, that was a dumb move but maybe I wouldn't be professionally satisfied today so meh.

Portfolio Analyst, Venture Debt $45K
I have everything I need
good job, good girlfriend, good life in general
Double major in college instead of slacking senior year

Cook at Perkins, ~16k, love the job
Not really, but pay really low rent
Yea
**Join the Coast Guard right out of High school**

>job
Currently unemployed. Moved back to my hometown from a larger city about 6 months ago because my parents requested it and my lease ran out. Formerly worked for Walmart.
>annual income
Unemployed for 6 months, so I don't know. like 6,000 dollars this year? We'll see for next year. I've started trading stocks recently after a while of having positive growth on paper trading.
Fuck no. Parents are terrible with money and have been substance abusers prior.
>Are you satisfied?
Nope.
>If not, why?
My hometown has a garbage job economy and people only hire people they know around here. People don't know me, so I don't get hired.
Stop panicking about the future because all it did was make me perform worse in school. Get over the social anxiety issues. Try harder when I had a scholarship for college when I was 16 and everyone saw me as some sort of prodigy whiz kid before they found out I was a dumb fuck. Learn to program a lot earlier instead of being a goalless fuckhead. Learn to have confidence in myself. Also learn how to trade stocks and buy bitcoin when it was 20 bucks.