Hey Veeky Forums

hey Veeky Forums

I am planning to buy a used 2015 v6 mustang that has 48k miles and has been a rental in san francisco ca.

i am not planning on going to a track, just gonna use it as my second car

tell me what am I getting into

heres a carfax link

carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=AAN_0&vin=1FATP8EM1F5382852

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HO21RcSx8Eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>rental mustang
don't, people drive the FUCK out of rental cars, you think they're gonna treat the mustang real gentle and nice?

Buying a v6 mustang
Buying a rental

Oh boy get ready for the slamming

>ferd product
>v6
>convertible
>48k former rental
please be bait

>automatic
>v6
>convertible
>rental fleet car with 48k miles nonetheless
>buying this of all possible cars as your second vehicle

Why do you hate yourself so much, op?
Do you need to talk?

i am not a car guy. what is wrong with a v6 converible automatic mustang?

>v6
>mustang

Nothing at all, they're just spouting memes.
I would look for a 2013 or 2014, you could get the one for the same price and less miles most likely. Also look for one that's not rented because rental cars are beat the fuck up

>has been a rental
Mate no
Assuming you're serious, that car's been beat to shit its whole life.

Next time bait the fucking hooks

kill yourself you cuck
the problem is that is a v6 converible automatic mustang, AND its a former rental fleet car with 48k on it.
not only is it a total piece of shit but its an abused piece of shit.

Why in the living fuck would you buy a rental? Are you black or something?

>buying a used rental
>buying a v6 mustang
>buying automatic
it's like you love making bad decisions.

>buying an automatic sports car that's no fun to drive
>buy a ford sports car that'll break
>buying a rental car that's been abused
>buying a rental sports car that's been even more abused than a typical rental
>buying a V6 Mustang that's only a bit faster than a V6 Camry

Get something more fun as a second car.

10/10 troll you know what triggers Veeky Forums

its cheap thats why i considered the rental, the non rental ones with 20k miles are around $20k while this one is $15k.

why is it a piece of shit?

if you honestly need to ask why a convertible rental mustang is a piece of shit you need to do some serious research into car buying, or find someone who knows their shit.

you know what, fuck it OP
buy your convertible v6 rental fleet mustang
go ahead, check back soon and let us know how it went

DON'T DO IT

youtube.com/watch?v=HO21RcSx8Eo

i just like how it looks, i dont drive for fun. if it breaks, then ill get it fixed? will it be more expensive in the long run?

and i dont like a camry, it looks to bland and boring for a second car which pretty much eliminates the purpose of getting a second car anyway.

any second car you can suggest instead? would a brz be better then? miatas looke cute but its really small and challengers are weird looking

yes i honestly need to ask why that's why im here. and i am doing some research into it and most of the internet just say it seems like it would be just a good second car to a person whos not really a race car driver or go on a track and go do car enthusiast stuff.

i am just going to drive it from point a to point b on weekends and sunny days.

ooohh thanks for this video. i should just really avoid high mileage rental ones

>i am just going to drive it from point a to point b on weekends and sunny days.
even so you can do so much better than a rental v6 mustang. thats the overall point

>buying a used rental
>ever

ok heres the poing. I can understand the not buying the "rental" part and thank you for pointing that out.

i dont understand why buying a v6 automatic mustang would be a problem though?

frankly put, its not a problem to anyone who only see's cars as appliances, which is most people. all they see is a mustang and couldnt care less about the transmission or engine.

but to an enthusiast, which most of this board considers themselves to be, its the brand of a cuck. especially when you chop the roof off of a sports car that wasnt originally designed to be a convertible and turn it into a floppy dangerous mess of a car.

The v6 is the weakest engine in the series, it is reliable yes, but it is absolutely gutless and it'll drive like a sloppy honda civic and sound worse.
The v6 only exists to get it as cheap as possible.

People dislike automatics because they make weak and gutless engines even more boring, and unable to bring out the power whenever they want.
You already know it's a rental car, not well maintained, and they are driven like crazy, this causes long term damage (expensive).

Last of all, Mustangs are expensive to repair compared to similar cars in their class, simply because it's a meme brand boomers and tribal tattoo fucks like.

Why don't you list what you want out of a car?
Then we can make you a proper recommendation.

If you want to actually live a little, get the v8. It's cooler, it holds it's value more, more people will pay attention to you.

it could be worse, he could want a GM product

Just get a V8 stick shift that isn't a rental if you want to actually enjoy your car.

Or get a Corvette :^)

he cant keep getting away with this

i like the looks of the mustang. i thought repairs would be cheaper cause it's an american car and there are a lot of mustangs so parts would be readily available?

and i chose the mustang cause i like how it looks, i dont really care about engines or performance.

so what are similar cars in its class that are less expensive to repair? a camaro and challenger?

>ex rental car
Don't fucking do it
t. guy who manages a Hertz rental car branch

Don't ever buy a rental car for a DD, they're beat to shit no matter what.

>more than double the mileage
>rental car mileage at that
>to save $5k
I know this is a troll but god fucking damn

the fact that you're getting it from a rental agency and I know that mustag has been driven the shit out of

And if everyone overvalues their mustang parts....
marketing and hype also play a part in price valuation.
Just get a different Mustang in that case, but if you're gonna keep it for more than 3 years I would really recommend you go a bit higher in the price range and get an i4 turbo or a v8, you might discover pleasure in driving you didn't know you could have, and more importantly, you'll take a lower hit in depreciation when you try to resell it, so you have a better car, and you'd make the resale value hit way smaller.

Mazda 3 from 2008 with the weak shitbox engine: 2.5k avg. cost.
Mazda 3 from 2008 with the sports trim and 2.5 i4 turbo: 6-7k avg. cost.

That's 4-5k saved on your investment in 8-ish years, just a word of advice.
This difference will be even larger on Mustangs for value.