Honda Civic Type R Veeky Forumspinion thread

I like how it looks but in the end it is just another FF shit box.
had it been FR even if tad more expensive it'd be on the cover of every magazine for a year straight.
Honda just hates enthusiasts unless they're FF autists.

The appearance is utterly insane to the point where I appreciate it, even STI's look mundane next to it. If don't have a good design to begin with, you might as well overdo it to a point of having unique charm.

It's >FWD but that's what a Civic should be. Probably going to set a record lap time for FWD.

What would the price be and what would the gas mileage be?
I'm guessing Honda is trying to compete with the sti, so price is probably above $30k. But with the FWD idk

It looks overly designed, especially at the back. Those fake vents are so noticeable too.

buying one in ten years when its le perfect cheep tuner

>FWD
why would they do that
THEY WERE SO CLOSE

Does it come with pirate decals?

>assuming it's going to drop value

Look for an sti from 2007, shits not going below $20k on Craigslist

The Civic practically invented FWD econoboxes, why would it be anything else?

Because it's fucking fun?
even toyota makes rwd corollas on occation.

I mean I get civics being FF cars and they're good at that but don't get me wrong.
What triggers me is toyota pretending they make FR cars or MR cars like prelude or del sol.
You drool over them constantly
And then you become an enthusiast and actually want a nice FR/MR car to hoon in winters and race in summers
And you discover they're both FF

Only truly great cars honda has ever made were the s2k, nsx and beat.
They have 100% track record with rwd cars.
They literally hate money/enthusiasts at this point

They don't because fags buy them. It's like chronic underdog syndrome

It looks like a dumb hotwheels. 2/10 wouldnt buy.

>honda civic type rice

Why the fuck is Japan going ultra fucking crazy with its designs of late

They used to make cars that looked pretty simple but performed like monsters.

They're just mimicking everyone else in the 21st century

I'll take a Golf R for the same price instead.
If I want a Civic Type R, the newest I'll get is an FA5 converted to an FD2

They're really not. This is Japan trying to make their cars immediately noticeable on the road. It's working, but in my opinion not in a good way.

At least the Civic won't spend most of its life in the shop

And it'll be more fun to drive and won't do most of the driving for you. The Golf R is an amazing car in that it is capable of making 300bhp in a small hatchback seem really mundane. What an achievement.

And the shifter will be better

>having to be seen in the new Civic vs a car that occasionally breaks down
I'll take the less reliable car.

Well a fool and their money are soon parted

>b-but muh ingomimity of driving a better car because it might look garish
hahahahahahaha

I think it looks great, the fact that people are wanking/getting butthurt over the styling just shows that it's more interesting than most other new cars these days.

>interesting
That's one way to put it.

It looks like shit and has retarded fake aero to go along with actual aero. It's fucking schizophrenic.

>buttblasted Golf R fan still salty

Holy shit kek

Interesting doesnt mean it's good or bad, if it was boring, nobody would be talking about. Love it or hate it, you have to admit the design is interesting enough to generate this much discussion.

I hate the Golf R. I love the Civics and have owned a few older ones (EK9, EJ7, JDM EP3) and would own this one in a heartbeat but it'd get fucking trashed because of where I live.

But it looks fucking disgusting. I'd hate to wash it because it'd take forever.

Why would it get trashed because of where you live? Do you have a shit ton of Puerto Ricans in your neighborhood or something?

My neighbourhood is filled with chavs who will key or throw rocks at nice cars so I need to own a nondescript nice car. The new Civics unfortunately draw way too much attention to themselves. It's a shame, but such is life.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but have you considered a FoST?

I drive an M135i. It doesn't draw any attention to itself which was a big factor in choosing it. The only thing that separates it from any other boggo 1-series is the exhaust and the brakes. Round here chavs love their fast Fords. I see a couple of the mk2s with the Volvo 2.5s driving around, blasting grime, drivers with their hoods up or caps on lmao.

where do you live user?

Semi-urban England.

i lived in inner london and it wasnt that
sheeeit pham i feel fo ya

Kek, OK never mind on the Fords, so why would you want to move on from the M135?

>FWD
>No hatchback option

I don't. Not yet at least.

The is38 in the r and ea888 motor can handle much more power. Most ecu tune for 700 that adds about 100 extra horse and torque. The motor is pretty bulletproof.

what's the reason for this? just rarity?

I know GTRs hold value

No, vaping fuccbois have learned the jewy ways of the boomers
I.E. I KNOW WHUT UH GOT

Every one of those sporty FWD cars is becoming AWD now but those morons at Honda still stick to fucking FWD.

Jesus christ just imagine a Civic Type R AWD. Good lord.

So glad honda went away from that shitty shape in the previous gen and beefed it up into a more sedan type vehicle.

I'm going to buy one this fall. Any other folks going to buy?

Price has been confirmed?

probably would have thought it was cool 6 or 7 Fast & Furious movies ago

It looks like it was specifically designed to appeal to 12 year old boys and manchildren.

would genuinely rather have this RWD shitbox

Sadly hideous

:O

>:0

>might
we have different opinions on what garish is user. All the cars from the first Fast and Furious movie would fit right in in Monaco when compared with the new Civic Type R.

>SUCK SUCK SUCK GIMME UR AIR I CANT BREATHE

>FEED ME SEYMOUR FEED ME

>tfw you did exactly that

Have you even driven a FWD Type R? Those things are tuned so well that most people wouldn't even be able to tell that they're FWD unless they go 10/10ths. And even then, they behave so neutrally/

I'm more concerned that the civic type r is looking like the accord type r of yesterday

Why does the civic have to be so fat now

I did this too!

true, this would look insane next to a Japanese lambo.

Last hatchback was better.