>looks like an engorged tick
>twist beam rear
>monopiston brakes
>front wheel drive
>open diff

Defend this

>Defend this

ITS FUN

It's got better mileage than your car and is faster around a track, too.

>>looks like an engorged tick
subjective
>>twist beam rear
cheaper, performance difference is marginal enough that most buyers wouldn't be able to tell the difference
>>monopiston brakes
cheaper, it doesn't weigh much anyway
>>front wheel drive
cheaper, leaves more boot space
>>open diff
cheaper, doesn't really make enough power to need it, makes understeer worse
The entire point of this car is to be an affordable but still fun shitbox. It's not trying to be a full on racekar, nor will you ever find something anywhere near its price that is.

Reminder than modern FWD cars both outhandle and outrun 90s RWD cars

I like mine.

m-muh eco drive.

Actually I have a 335d so i get 40 mpg kys my man. Also could smoke that little shitbox with its little 1 litter 'ecoboost' meme turbo.

>performance difference is marginal
No it isn't, a proper wishbone suspension would be better for handling and not by a little bit either. Most buyers don't know a valve stem from an oil filter so yeah most don't know the difference, which is great fotr the profit margin automakers can make on each car because wishbone suspension is much more costly than twist beam.

Ugh I really want one but I know that I should spend the money on something more "reliable" like a Honda or a Toyota.

gonna need proof on the 355d and 40mpg you lying nigger

It's fun to drive.

so its a POS ecobox made for cucks who couldn't afford anything better.

Literally could have gotten a used 15' WRX instead of such a shitbox

Reminder the 2015 Civic Type R was the FWD record holder on Nurburgring and has a twist beam rear exle. The current one, the RS 275 Trophy is also a twist beam.

>used WRX instead
>USED
>WRX

i hope you are srsly pretending to be retard

A the wrx is ugly
B buying a used performance variant of any kind is retarded

Fiesta ST's are perfectly reliable m8, with great aftermarket support.

>Defend this
it's an econobox
it doesn't have to be fast or good looking or have an LSD

>being elitist when you are okay buying a 4cyl fwd

Still looks better than the new CTR abomination

Fun as fuck.

Such sad excuses

Better than your $3k Civic.

I probably could have got something better for the money but every time I take a turn in my FiST I'm glad I got it, especially when I go driving up in the mountains with my friends and it outperforms everyone despite having less power

A $3k civic with a turbo and ITR brake conversion would stomp the shit out of a FiST in every metric while being much cheaper. D-series motors are absurdly cheap to reliably turbo, old Civics have amazing suspension setups, and they're several hundred pounds lighter than a FiST.

The FiST is a shitbox that's not terribly boring, anyone claiming otherwise is a moron and likely just pissed that they fell for the FiST meme. It's not a sports car, and anyone who's driven a sports car knows this.

I'm a poorfag (not turbo poor, but poor enough) and a dealer has a pair of these 2016s up for $12,000 new. do I buy one, or are they really that bad?

lol that's a diesel

you sure that's an ST?

Is that a product of is it's handling, or drivetrain? The new k series in that thing would likely do very well in a pre 2001 platform.

yeah what the fuck unless it's a salvage title, but that's still low

>>looks like an engorged tick
Yes. Subjective though.
>>twist beam rear
Shitty, but average buyers won't push it to need it.
>>monopiston brakes
No excuse for the front. Again, average buyers won't push it far enough.
>>front wheel drive
Gives more hatch space, better mpg, and controllability in shit conditions.
>>open diff
They really should have an option for this. All 200+ HP FWD cars should get one imo.

>Defend this
Used to, but then I decided to be a heterosexual.

shit no it's the SE forgot to mention that.

I know the ST has the turbo and the SE doesn't, is there anything else that I'm missing?

from my quick research.

ST pulls 190~ hp and the SE pulls ~120
ST has turbo, SE is NA
ST weighs 2750~, SE weighs 2500

ST is for poor people pretending to be rich, SE is for poor people who accept their poverty

what am I missing? suspension, brakes?

strongly considering getting one, seen certfied 2016s with recaros and low miles for $19k.

>Not being bi

>ST is for poor people pretending to be rich
not really? it's pretty much the goto poorfag but still want be racekar boy racer mobile newish car
poor pretending to be rich imo is buying a used MB or BMW that's like 100k miles and thinking it's anything like buying new.

>SE is for poor people who accept their poverty
sorta. i think most people don't know any better and they have a terrible DCT trans that kills itself.

Yes ST is stiffer sporty suspension, dunno if brakes are any better, prob wider wheel/tire, side skirts wing ST specific

just when i think ive seen the most retarded shit

when i look at the kinds of things people suggest for financing a car, they make mention of the payment as a % of your income and such. if you're being responsible about how much you can afford, you'd still have to making upwards of $60k to afford a $20k new car. does this mean that a $60k yearly income is poorfag tier?

>he doesn't know about the four square
They find out what you're actually nervous about then "give" it to you but then they take from the other squares.
So say you really worry about monthly payments, they'll give you the low payment but then they'll fuck you on trade in value, down payment and principal. These parts dart around based on what they actually perceive you to be most triggered by but the principal is all the same.

i've been in those negotiations before, but backed up because they were so scummy about it. i only will negotiate on final out the door price.

being responsible about car payments and being interested in cars is fucking aids. for example, i'm more interested in a toyobaru twin than the fiesta st, but with a yearly income of $60k it just doesn't seem like a good decision. used variants of these cars are often poorly modified or shredded by previous owners to, so its a lose-lose

>make enough power to need it, makes understeer worse
No-nothing retard detected.

An ITR/CTR has an LSD with much less torque than the ST, and anybody who has ever driven a FWD with an LSD can tell you how it's a multiple orders of magnitude better in every way.

Limited slip differentials by definition inhibit the ability of the driven wheels to turn at different speeds. How does that not increase understeer?

Not him, but LSD does not mean locking. Without it, breaking traction with one wheel means you have no power to pull in the direction you're driving.

With LSD, you force wheels wheels to fight each other, but that's why its LIMITED. The gains of keeping power at your driven wheels are massive for handling characteristics vs without it.

I could see it being detrimental if the LSD was too powerful for the engine, but that's something the drivetrain engineer would account for.

I drive a civic. Try again.

>335d
>40mpg

no

>engorged tick
W-well damn.
That's impossible to unsee

Or just buy the RS like a non faggot
>EZMODE

This is a waste of doubles. Why would you waste time negotiating anything other than the Out-the-Door price? Your financing and trade in is irrelevant to the price you agree to pay for the vehicles.

>from the guy who's never driven a tuned up ST
Sure, drive an ST first then tell me it needs an LSD on the stock turbo.

>45k for a fully loaded RS
>22.5k for a fully loaded Fiesta ST.

nah

I paid 15k cash for my used fiesta st with 15k miles.
Plenty of fun. Especially on turns, hills, interstate ramps etc. Can smoke many cars when in gear.
Running Cobb tune and Bilstein b14 shocks. Handles like a beast.
43 mpg cruising on the highway.
32 mpg street
Joy to drive. 32k miles on car..

>43 mpg cruising on the highway.
>32 mpg street
ha, you aren't driving it right. i get no more than 34 highway and average like 30.

dead stock, taken it to a few track days, ZERO brake fade, brake-fake "torque vectoring" keeps wheelspin in check. honestly, most of the people on Veeky Forums have never been to a race track, let alone driven on one.

sold an NB Miata to buy this car because i am a grownup with a job and need something....i won't say reliable, but something with a warranty. zero regrets. this car is amazing to drive.

My mazdaspeed 3 agrees with this.

Amen brother. This car is a sensation.

I'm nearing time for new tires. I'm going to go with the bridgestone potenzas again. They grip like no tomorrow.

look into some firehawk indy 500's

potenza sister tire which is grippy as fuck and a tiny bit cheaper !

Meant to reply to this

i have the all-seasons; bought it in NJ and they put AS tires on them there. i'm actually not that upset - grip is okay, but lift oversteer is super easy to induce and control. is that still true with the potenzas?

Oi cunts what have you heard of the powershift DCTs shitting the bed on these? There's been a lot of angry forum posts all over the place and even a class action lawsuit that probably won't go anywhere.

ST comes with three-pedal manual only