Work at rental car company, giving purchase advice and reviews on 2015-2017 cars

Work at rental car company, giving purchase advice and reviews on 2015-2017 cars
>AMA

Gtr or corvette?

Well start with the classics, like what are the least reliable cars, and also some horror stories.

fuck off

We don't have the gtr, but we've had vettes, wasn't a fan
>Not cozy
>Felt like a 40 year old having a midlife crisis
>Interior feels cheeply made
Don't get me wrong, it was a nice, but not for the price

Chrysler 200
Have had 7 lose reverse right at 40k
Control arms bend themselves somehow
Bushings are make of junk rubber and crack and dry rot extremely fast
>Got a few horror stories, coming up

At the time I was a 'cleaning agent' just cleaned the dirty cars first year I worked here
>Told to tag and bag anything worth more than 10$, anything under is fair game
Cleaning Chrysler Pacifica
>Dirty as hell, child seats, empty beer bottles, Cheerios everywhere
>Goto clean under the seats
Fucking foot long dildo.
>Tag it and bag it for the lols
Female manager goes to empty lost and found lockbox
>Hear scream from the office, instantly start laughing my ass off
>She's about 50, bitch legit feigned and hit her head, we had to call an ambulance

3.6 pentastar in the new Chrysler vehicles?
How's the transfer case on the newer wranglers?
If I don't like 4 doors but will eventually have kids or have to give someone a ride can they just hop over the rails of the 2 door jeep?

Got a few more, this one's bretty good though
>3rd or 4th month working here
>Made friends with urban black guy that's on house arrest, talk music and joke around with him
>Tells me about how he can get this girl to have sex with me for 100$
Nah I'm good
>Week later I'm pulling through our car wash, on my phone, no seatbelt, not looking whatsoever
>About to exit wash bay and there's 2 swat labeled Vans on the other end yelling at me to get out the way
>Oh shit, rip out of there and pull over and walk over to see what's about to go down
>Guy runs over asking where urban black friend is
>No idea haven't seen him in a while (he was in the car wash right behind me)
>They block off the wash bay exit and draw their guns
>Dude pulls out looking at his phone like I was didn't see shit and finally looked up to 6+ swat guys aiming rifles at his ass
>Ripped him out the car and took off with him
>Detective comes and talks to me after all the shit went down
>Did you know he was pimping girls out?
Nope.jpg
>Well we set up a sting operation and our undercover managed to get him to try and sell her and now here we are
>Does he have any firearms in his locker or car?
No fucking clue, do I need to give a statement or can I go?
>Go back to work laughing my ass off
Still locked up, had illegal firearms at his house along with plenty of drugs ontop of the human trafficking charges

post stories

Not sure which ones have that motor in them
All Chryslers besides the 200 are great though
Jeep Wranglers shift well, hardly ever end up in the shop and dumbasses drive them in 4L all the time thinking they're gangster or some shit, so they seem pretty bulletproof, I'd suggest the 4 door, and get at least the power locks on it

Thanks. I really prefer the manual windows and locks. Any particular reason?

Last story for now, about to take my lunch break
We got this Snowy Owl that comes by every spring, sometimes a family. Other times just an adolescent male.
>Pic related, sorry for shitty quality though
When food source gets scarce up north they come down past the Canadian border and hang out here and eat the mice that roam the fields near the airport
>Everyone wants a picture of it
>EVERYONE
>Every day it shows up we have at least one person walk onto our private property with a lense longer than my forearm and a camera worth more than half the rentals in the lot and just set up their tripod and start taking pictures.
>I get to kick these people out, too much of a risk of them getting hit by a car and attempting to sue for camera damages
>One guy came back after I asked him to leave, hid in the overflow lot so I tracked him down, made him leave again
>20 minutes later, dudes over here again taking pictures, tell him I'm gonna call the cops if he shows up again
>Leaves, his car is nowhere to be seen
>an hour later
>Fucker hops our 8ft concrete wall with all his camera gear, runs to the back corner of the lot, sets up his tripod and tries to get more pictures.
>Call cops, they show up, rough him up and in doing so his leg sweeped his tripod and smashed his camera on the ground, guy started crying as the cops cuffed him and gathered his shattered camera remains

Unless you have long ass arms, good luck reaching the passenger side door to lock and unlock it without climbing over the center glovebox, my only complaint really, they're build pretty well aside from the carpet. Needs more glue, they come up really easy

>giving purchase advice and reviews on 2015-2017 BASE MODEL cars
fixed that for you

t. former rental agent

>TFW we rent more than base model
Nismo 370z, nismo juke, focus st, GTI, Veloster turbo, plenty of luxobardges with all the amenities, hemi chargers, challengers, camero SS, yup base model

>urban black friend

Are you some fucking cuck, lad?

justcallthemniggers.mp3

He wasn't too much of a nigger, aside from the drugs, the guns, and the hookers he was white on the inside, actually worked hard, respected everyone, didn't steal, huge music head, not much rap, more classic rock and jazz, dressed well and didn't smell like a monkey

wow queen you're so edgy

>aside from the drugs, the guns, and the hookers he was white on the inside
So other than being a nigger......

Hows that mirage g4 i see

Any advice on buying a rental car or is it a mistake

I appreciate it m8

Just sold my Chrysler 200. (The sebring one) Can confirm that they are shitty.

How many miles before you get rid of the trashed cars???

Of the following two manual cars, which would you recommend?
>2017 Mazda6 Touring
>2017 Civic Hatchback Sport

2015 camaro

Literally why.

KEK

are the 2016+ Chevy Sparks as bad as 2012-2015 Chevy Sparks? 2016+ ones use an all new clean sheet design.

Good thread OP. Gave me a few lols

The Chevy Spark EV is god tier.

ITT: Lot jockey tries to review cars.

Fuck off.

What is the best economy car? I need a cheap ride that is reliable to the point of over-engineered.