Car buying experiences

best, worst, just plain odd car-buying experiences? post 'em.

i'll start
>buying a used 80s f-150
>seller asking 1400
>expecting to pay around 1200
>talk to the guy, socialize with him
>we both like old trucks
>we both like guns
>we're both southerners
>he was retired army, i was joining the marins
>we both are good christian folk
>begin negotiating price
>start at 700
>seller thinks about it, goes inside to grab a beer and smoke
>comes back
"Can you do 701?"
>wat.jpg

Guy even let me use his tools and instructed me on how to do a lot of stuff under the hood. Also was introduced to his neighbors who were really cool and gave me life advice + told me about a family run shop in town that's really great

Fuck I wish I lived in the land of cotton sometimes, but all of USA in general has too many violent rabid nig nogs

Buying cars from people like that is always a nice experience.

I helped my mom by a used 08 Corolla, the son was selling it for his old parents. Nice guy to deal with, worked out a fair price, he delivered it to my mother's house, took off the plates, and I drove him back to his place in my moms old shitbox Mazda (which is now my headache). Everything went good.

All it takes is the right seller and right buyer to meet.

As a burger, those good old Christian southern boys are the most anti-intellectual, angry cunts you'll ever meet. Their entire lives are based around "that's how it's always been" and can't handle the idea of anything else

To be fair being a condescending """intellectual""" doesn't help things

>found a $600 Accord
>go to seller, expect to negotiate down to 450
>socialize with him, tells me 350
>he knows the car is only really worth scrap price, and I told him I needed a temporary dd to last a couple months, which was why I was looking at supercheap cars
It literally lasted 76 days, which is nice because it took me 70 days to finish getting my other DD back together
Later
>selling a 4runner
>same guy comes to look at it
>we start bullshtting
>end up selling him the car for what I had in it ($300 less than I was asking)

Bonus points that this guy was a GenXer that liked talking about imports and comparing shitboxes.

I'd say being a condescending intellectual is better than being a condescending idiot. At least then you have a basis for being smug.

>o no someone called me dum
Encouraging violence against those who don't reject science isn't helping matters

>everyone of group X is Y
Have you ever though it was (You), Yankee?

Go to by a bus pass
the person behind the desk says he won't take my money
sends me to an atm looking thing
put $40 in it
get on bus
??
profit

I hope you still talk to this nice man user.

Buying my first car was a nice experience>
>2014
>In high school
>been looking at cars for awhile
>stumble upon a 1997 e36 with meh-tier paint but 99k miles and maintained well
>4k
>go and check it out
>was garage kept, guy was really nice and explained everything that was wrong with it and what was good
>we changed the oil and brake fluid before buying
>drove it home and fixed everything else
I have never loved a car more than that e36, I miss it.

Seems like all these experiences were from a private seller, I guess none have been from a dealership or lot lol

Me and my GF did. Both of us knew what we wanted. Think we spent a year looking for the right one to show up and knew to buy before tax season hit. To me on buying the CTS-V, the financial officer was more scary than the salesman. Trying to sell you GAP, Warranties, Theft protections. I bought from a GM dealership so I got my OnStar (useless) and XM radio activated for free for 3 months. Driving off the lot the engine light came on, it had a K&N intake on it and sure enough it was the MAF throwing a fit. I took it back, had to argue with the service manager and sales manager until they decided to find a used stock intake and install it for free, I got to keep the K&N.

The Silverado we found a base 4x4 at this bro truck dealership chain. It was a good taste of base. Cloth bench seats, roll up windows, manual locks. But had some nice rice like side steps, fender flares, and dual exhaust. We said yes to it but turned out a different dealership put a hold on it. Since we were ready to buy, they let us look at a Z71, same year, same color but fully loaded that they haven't put on the lot yet for the same price. Argued it down just a little from there, got a new windshield and had the instrument cluster rebuilt on top of it (the temp and volt gauges were broken). They were harder to keep in contact with after the sale, they forgot to give us the temp tag, they misplaced the license plates when they came in. Customer service wasn't as good as the GM dealership.

Overall the experience wasn't that bad.

>go to dealership to look at a $2100 ninja250
>guy tries to talk me into some $6000 brand new r3
>say no thanks
>guy tries to talk me into some brand new $4500 hyosung250
>say no thanks
>alright buddy how bout we get a $100 deposit from you to hold the bike while you think about it
>no thanks you fucking idiot im never coming here again i just wanted to look at the ninja250

>be me fucking retarded 16 year old
>want a sports car
>love 240sx's
>sold 2003 pontiac vibe gt
>bought 1992 240sx hatch for $1800
>on the 15 min drive home it knocked and threw a rod
>dumbfag didnt even call the mofo back to complain
>sold the next day for $700 as rolling shell
i still cringe to this day about how fucking retarded i was

>Finally start looking to buy a 997.1 Carrera S
>Three out of five sellers and dealers refuse to let me do a PPI

Most people/places aren't that fucking bad when it comes to a PPI, but I got shit luck of the draw

Pro tip, walk away if they refuse to have the vehicle inspected

>2014
>in highschool
I was gonna say underage banned, but.. Jesus I'm old.

Don't worry about it user, you do dumb stuff when you're young, and we all do stuff that might be cringe worthy.

To be honest, I'm 27, have owned multiple cars, and am well versed in garage work. I learned everything I know from my dad, and we both learnt a lot working together.

We live in the same city and everytime I buy a new car I take him along to look at it with me, and to this day he finds stuff that I don't even think about.

I don't know how you are with your father, but cherish all the help you can get.

Haha, no I'm not in high school anymore.

I'll give you my bad experience for reference. We DID NOT purchase this car.
>got in a car accident last Christmas
>looking around to replace my Xterra with another Xterra (i liked the car)
>VW dealership has one listed online for a good price with a complete offroad package
>i start to take a look at it and there is no rust, paint is nice, and interior looks immaculate
>open the hood and the first red flag was the after market cold air intake that had a "nismo" sticker on it
>other than that the engine didn't look too bad
>i take the oil cap off and there is grey sludge on the bottom
>look into the hole and there is grayish looking liquid inside
>coolant and oil had mixed in the engine
>salesman didn't know what to say
>leave
>check car sale sights
>see the same car at a small used dealer two days later
Don't trust large or small dealerships they will fuck you over.

*sites

still do, though the gooberman has moved me around so haven't been back home in awhile

i believe my mother still gives him gardening advice/plants as well

>I don't live in USA
>But all of the USA is like this

The USA can kind of be compared to the EU; a bunch of culturally different areas that have been unified under a overarching rule.

There's tons of totally white areas in the U.S.

Buying my Ural
>drive 7 hours to guys farm
>test drive bike
>must own
>throw down his asking price because it came with a bunch of accessories he didn't mention
>probably overpaid by about ~$500 but oh well
>load it onto trailer
>it wont fit past the loading gate
>dude is more bear than man; lifts up the sidecar by himself and has me roll the bike in.
>backing truck and trailer up, I get stuck
>grass is wet and my anemic 2wd F150 is too burdened by the overly huge trailer I rented and the bike to get up
>he tells me to wait
>comes around corner with a beat up old gmc
>asks if its my trailer
>"nope"
>drives up behind me and pushes me up the edge
>wave in thanks, drive home

He was a cool guy. Probably thinks I'm a god damned retard

>go to buy used car
>check it out looks ok
>its actually a massive piece of shit

EVERY TIME

Very very true

We always let people do a PPI, stole a number of sales because of it, especially on higher end cars

Seedy used car lots or the worst, because they take the stuff the larger dealerships dont want, and also get shit cars from auction.

To get to the point of choosing an 03 to 08 Corolla, we test drove one first at a small lot. Surprisingly they just tossed us a dealer plate and said 'have at it' with no other paperwork. It had 130k, some noise issues at the front. When asked about the price, he said that price included the future repairs for what the car would need to pass safety. That seemed odd to me, because how can you possibly know already? And even if you did, you'd prob just throw in the cheapest parts and keep profit for yourself. I don't like fixed pricing like that, that includes future repairs. It leaves me no room to haggle. List your shit certified, after the work is done.

Test drive the cars you want at a dealer, and buy them from a personal buyer later. We also tested an 09 to 13 Corolla and an Elantra at other dealerships. She liked the older Corolla best.

>be 16
>drive 2 hours to a dealership to look at a single cab 2008 2500 silverado for 10k that ive been looking at online.
>call dealership
"yeah user, we got it. See you soon!"
>get there, they dont have it.
inb4 they just sold it. Fuckers said they had no idea what truck i was talking about. But, hey! Theyve got a few other cars for me to look at,
>go look at 2007 they have on lot for 10k.
>lwb single cab, covered in scratches and dents, "only 175k miles"
>ummm no.
>"well user, we have an xterra"
as i walk up to it, i can see that the center console is missing its lid and there is trash all over the car.
>"wanna take it for a test drive?"
Walk out and never return.

$10k 3/4 ton truck for a 16 year old?
I'm upset you were prepared to drop that cash.

not -43 here, but my parent's put my 11k car on a 5 year plan. not that much if u split it up over a period of time like that

A dealership pulled the same shit on my dad when he was looking for a quad cab long bed around the same time period.

>Calls dealership on truck he saw
>Tells them how much he wants to spend
>Told him to come on over
>He says they need to hurry because he needs to get to work as soon as he buys the truck
>Show up at dealer
>They ask for his keys
>Dad is a bit of a pushover and actually did it
>We go to the truck
>Saleswoman, "oh my God" "uh oh" "oh geez"
>Writes truck number down and runs inside
>Comes out, "I am soooo sorry but that's not the price of the truck, it's a lot higher than that"

These were some pants on head retarded sales techniques. No wonder why the auto market crashed.

I had the same shit happen to me when I was looking for a truck for my wife. ad was for 24k. sticker on window says 24k. was told that was the price before the new wheels and tires and other shit. they said actual price was 28k. went to the dealer across the street and bought a new one.

>Work in service at a subaru dealership
>"STi" with 40k comes in for express service (lube, rotation, inspection)
>Its a base model, bone stock WRX (NOT STi) with an STi badge and wing on the trunk, "Built not Bought" sticker on the rear bumper, "K-Tuned" sticker right smack in the middle of the windshield
>Doing inspection, car is fucked
>ebay special lower control arms made out of welded scrap metal starting to warp
>cut springs on stock shocks have fucked the alignment to hell
>all four tires are camber worn down to the cords
>oil comes out jet black, several metal chunks come with it
>report all this to customer
>"YOU GUYS ARE JUST TRYING TO RIP ME OFF FUCKING CORPORATE TRYING TO SCARE ME JUST BECAUSE I CUSTOM TUNE MY OWN SHIT"
>k whatever dude

Continued

hey lads, a local dealer is selling a new, 6 miles, 2016 fiesta for 12k on the dot and my current car (focus) just bit the bullet, do I jump on it?

>winter
>Wisconsin
>see a $1000 LS400 for sale on CL
>dont need another car, but how bad can it be?
>if it's good, I'll buy it
>meet with sellers
>2 dyke-ass lesbians
>car looks surprisingly good for a car in wisconsin for $1000
>no real rust
>new ish tires
>a/c doesn't work, oh well its fucking wisconsin
>heater struggles, ok, worry a bit.
>go to test drive it
>mysterious smoke rising from every vent in the car
>try and identify it
>start feeling funny
>take one particularly deep breath
>doesn't feel like i even breathed
>realize it's fucking exhaust
>turn around as fast as i can
>roll down windows
>speed back to the meeting place
>literally fall out of car gasping for air
>"fuck this"
>get into my car and sit there for a good 20 minutes waiting out the carbon monoxide's effects
>lingering headache
>go home and pass out for like 6 hours

>a week later, see this car parked out front, a couple of our sales guys standing in front of it
>walk out, ask what its doing back here
>"back? We just got this on a trade-in fir a brand new Forrester"
>shit I hope you didn't pay too much for this WRX, its pretty busted man
>"What? Naw its an STi with 40k, we had to give him a deal"
>Wait what
>Tell me you didn't pay this dude STi value
>"yeah? Why?"
>explain its a bone stock WRX with an STi badge
>explain everything wrong with it
>they run the VIN and check the service history
>management finds out and shits a fucking house
>these idiots paid out $20000 toward a guys brand new Forrester in exchange for a base model WRX that needed a new engine and suspension because they couldn't be bothered to check the VIN number first
>guy running the deal got fired
>entire service department laughed our asses off at it

Story 1:
>Go to Jaguar in an older civic '11. Dress as poorfag (pic related). salesmen not busy but not wanting to go up to me (12 minutes in lobby).

>Finally the only one working just finishes a customer and goes to me and greets me in a great mood. Treats me well, doesn't ask what I do for a living.
>Tell him i'm here to purchase the Jaguar F-type. Pay him Cash and give him a Vodka.

I saw one salesmen green with envy at my salesman.

Story 2:

>Years Ago
>Go to Audi. for new lease on a4 quattro
>Salesguy asks me what car i'm driving and how much i'm paying.
>He sees my 3 series and I tell him "Oh I put $5000 down and only pay $800 monthly" (Big lie obviously getting ripped)
>He says, "Oh that's a good deal! Very hard to be competitive but let's see what we can do"
>Hold in a great laughter with how serious he's saying that. He comes back with $5k down and 600 monthly payment offer on Audi a4.
> I say oh good deal it is $200 less monthly than my car. He says he fought hard for the deal.
>I ask him to lower the price by $20 monthly. He says he can't and already fought hard, he got on his knees and told me "it's just $20 monthly for a great car and you're paying $200 less than you did for BMW".

>At this point, laugh, thank him. Go directly to Fleet Manager who I know (He was busy when I walked in the showroom) Tell him i'm there to buy. Out the door Paying $350 monthly 0 down no drive off.

Kid looked so red when he was called in. LMAO. He marked up the money factor big time, no discount on MSRP, was pocketing all incentives. Deserved it.

white america was a better, simpler time

Vape bro got lucky

I'm confused. You bought an Audi with 0 down and $350 a month?

>Dress as poorfag (pic related).
you're dressed as a bored rich dude my man
guy didn't ask you shit since he knew you were loaded
its the people who look like they've just come off work that they're usually worried about

similar story

>have uncle rich af
>work out with him at the gym
>asks me if we should go truck shopping
>we're in gym shorts, shitty shirt
>pull up to main ford lot
>get greeted by guy shuffling cars on lot
>almost everyone ignores us
>ask the porter dude if he can get us a test drive
>sure thing sir, lemme get a salesdude
>gets some random dude who was not the best
>test drive some platinum
>guy hands us business card and tells us to come see him when we're serious
>can tell uncle is pissed
>go finds porter asks him who sales manager is
>hands him $20 tip
>tells sales manager how shitty dealership is besides one porter
>ends up getting a huge discount
>below invoice on platinum 4x4 and lift installed, extended warranty and decent %
>manager was super pissed at sales guy and receptionists
>uncle made sure they knew about porter who was only one who helped

lease for $350 monthly 10k/36m

>White pants
>poor

Nope.

You're dressed as a stealth rich mother fucker who has a beachside house.

Nice car.

damn what a dude. This isn't about buying a car but it's in the same vein

>buy 4 energy drinks at convenience store
>standing behind 1st guy in line
>he notices that I'm holding cold drinks in my arms and clears a space on the counter for me to put my drinks so I don't have to hold them any more

really appreciated this

also wildly unrelated but related
>in high school
>late night shenanigans with friends, no one has a car
>want taco bell, inside closed though
>decide to walk through drive thru
>guy pulls up behind us 'hey you know they wong let you do that ive tried'
>tells us to get in his car so we can order
>we get in, get the food, he even pays for our stuff
>thank him and get out, enjoy the taco bell
Cool dude, thank you man

>Want to buy kar
>want to buy post 2003 model of kar that is THE RAREST rare in my country
>only option is import
>go to company one, find out they only have a selection of two cars after they filter out all the shady dealers
>both have been in accient
>pick the one that's not overpainted in brown with gold details
>the guy whos supposed to inspect it arrives like an hour after some colleague of the dealer has sold it
>all right send the other car for inspection
>contact another company, they have much better selection
>pick the cars I like, they send back that only one can be bought
>buy it
>go to town, buy some chocolate and bring it to the guys who put up with me for a week straight and say "sorry cancel the inspection"

it just was such a clusterfuck. And the car's still not bought.

>be 17
>beg my dad how badly I want a stick shift car, idc if it's running or not I just wanted a project car with stick shift
>just started a job bussing tables, so my dad tells me he's gonna buy me a running car with some busted shit on it so i can work on it, but it'll still function as a dd
>bless u fadda
>scour the ends of the earth for a reasonably priced reasonably conditioned car
>settled on a 1993 nissan pathfinder, seemed way too good to be true. 4x4, V6, only 120k miles. i was astonished. he was asking $2,700
>call the seller ask him the normal questions when buying a car
>yeah user come by tomorrow have a gander at it
>dad drives me to the place, it's this extremely wealthy neighborhood, absolutely pristine houses and roads, dude had to have been a multimillionaire
>we see it, and it's in perfect condition. paint is shiny, interior smells like it's supposed to smell like.
>has been sitting for a while, so the locks were stiff and the spare tire rack was hard to move, the sun visor broke and some belts needed replacing
>perfect
>offered him 2,500, he accepts immediately.
>later a week later when we go register it
>TITLE STATUS: SALVAGE
>i was mad as fuck cause I got bent over by this rich dude and I forgot to ask anything about the title
>turns out it was in a fender bender, not much damage at all but insurance was like fuck u this car is old, it's totalled.
>still drive it a year later everyday with not an issue to speak of
so kinda got fucked over but worth it

thats great.

>Be early 20s, circa 2004/05
>See 1983 Chevette for sale in the classifieds for $400
>Call, meet up, young girl is selling it
>The car is a beat up wreck I can't believe its on the road, let alone they paid and ran an ad in the paper
>Interior is filthy and covered in split coffee stains
>I get in the drivers seat and just as I'm about to grab the seat-belt, I fly backwards
>The back support of the seat was busted
>She smiled and kinda shrugged
>Shoulda walked then and there but now I was eager to see if this car could move on its own power
>It actually fires up no issue but runs like a bag of ass, can't seem to get it much over 40km/h, it sounds like it wants die, probably misfiring
>Smokes out he back, loud, rotten exhaust
>Laughed at by some kids we drove past
>Barely working brakes
>Park the car, move gear selector to P and proceed to fly back in my seat again
>I politely decline
>She seemed pretty embarrassed but put on a brave smile

It was pretty kek worthy.

Def sounds like your the problem

>Galpin Mazda

Hey there neighbor

>Be looking for a cheap DD that isnt completely gutless
>Been browsing craigslist for something closeby for about 2 months
>See nothing but old beat up buicks and cavaliers
>Hop on one day and browse around
>See a late 90s model toyota avalon listed for sale in my town literally 4 blocks away
>First car in my price range that isnt fucking 20 miles away
>$800
>167K on the odometer
>Whythefucknot.jpg
>Go to check it out around midnight since i work weird shifts and its parked right on the side of the road
>Rims look like shit, clearcoat has turned white on the edges, but not too much curbrash
>A popped out dent on the bumper and some oxidized paint with a few small rust bubbles on the hood
>Sunroof was smashed, owner taped some plexiglass on it to cover it up
>Inside of the car looked dirty as hell
>Part of the trim for the center console was snapped in half
>Car parked about 10 feet behind it gets locked out of the blue
>Nope.jpg
>Walk home
>Next day i text the guy, and we meet up
>My grandpa tags along
>Guy is creepy as hell
>Start asking about the car
>Says he used to use it for work, but got a new truck and gave it to his son
>Ohboy.gif
>Pop the hood
>Oil was iffy
>Tranny fluid was iffy
>Radiator was cracked at the top
>Everything else seemed okay
>Struts were on their last legs
>Tires were all barely legal mismatched used garbage
>Alignment was way off
>Owner tells me not to take it too far since no insurance
>lolno.mkv
>Drive it a few miles out and back
>Other than fuck all for a throttle response and everything else i said before it was okay
>Everything worked and it didn't die or overheat
>Buy it
>Replace struts, tires, clean MAF and throttlebody, new air filter, change fluids and oil filter, radiator, one O2 sensor, and get an alignment
>Replace sunroof and broken trim
>Clean interior
>Throw some /osg/ stickers on it
It has been a comfy and reliable DD after repairs.
Not bad for less than 2K said and done.

is there any bad thing about an salvage title, besides it has had a damage? non burger here

>Looking for cheap BMW/Mercedes projects
>Found E32 740li $800 with 220k miles
>Called the seller
>Seller was moving out of state in 2 days and didn't know any thing about the car, bough it 5 years ago just drove it, seems desperate to sell it quick
>Meet seller, was long dive (80 miles away).
>Seller was nice guy, living a hard life though
>Engine was fine everything else was shit
>Transmission was shifting rough
>Suspension was blown, needs R&R
>Interior was bad but not ruined
>No intentions to but I was impulsive and wanted something to tinker with for summer
>Shoot seller an offer $350, he said no and wont budge
>Say my offer still stand, call me if change mind
>When home empty handed
>2 hrs later...seller calls accept offer and gave me $50 off for gas and trouble.

That was the best car buying experience I've ever had, now days sellers tends to insult buyers and almost impossible to get a good deal.

Shit resale value, can be hard to insure, some states require addition inspections annually.

Can be a mess, but it can also be great. If it's an absolute shitbox then fuck it, who cares.

>looking to buy an srt 392
>see one that has been on a dealers lot for 200 days
>asking $35k
>car is in great condition low miles
>going to try and negotiate down to $33k
>dealer won't go below $500 off
>says the car is priced to sell
>lol
>end up buying almost the exact same car a month later for the price I wanted
>the car is still sitting on the dealers lot
>been there now for 320 days
Every experience I've ever had with small dealers is like this. Bigger dealerships hate having cars that sit on their lot and want to move them, but a small dealer is like the complete opposite.

>had no job, money and going to hs
>started doing pizza deliveries in my moms car
>payed fuck all
>a few months later
>manage to scrape together $550
>decided i wanted a 70's corolla
>find a guy selling one for $800
>basically beg him to buy it
>he sells it to me out of pity
>it had a cracked head and a fucked radiator
>fixed those two things
>daily drove it for 3 years after that
feels good

ive needed a new vehicle for the past three years. still driving my piece of crap because i detest car salesmen, car dealerships, and the entire car buying experience so much

because bigger dealerships move so many cars that they can afford to take the smaller income loss. You're just doing them a favor by taking the car off their hands

>burger
That's an odd way of spelling "faggot"

>looking for a MK4 Golf with the VR5 engine
>find promising car on the internet from a dealer
>allegedly TÜV with no defects
>driving 200km to take a look at the car
>paint is damaged, cheap oil leaking coilovers installed, tires are low on air
>whatever, I am already here so test-drive it
>wouldn't let me fill in air
>start car, fuel gauge doesn't even move
>dealer demands he must drive with me
>rattling noise from engine, whistles from the steering, nearly no brakes
>car swerves right and left on straight road, dealer says its because of that particular road
>return after 2km because of fear from dying in that car
>say that I don't don't want that POS
>dealer gets angry and screams that I wasted his time
>throws me out of the car and threatens to call the police if I go on his property ever again

Bought the same model 20km away from that shop for 500€ less than that fucker was asking, with fresh service and better interior

You're a liar or a pussy.

Do dealerships just not do special ordering anymore? I thought that even though they hated it they were still contractually obligated to do it if the customer really wanted to.

How would I negotiate a price down at a dealer? I'm fairly autistic and have no conversational skills

Well it would've been my 2nd vehicle. My parents thought my 1st truck was a death trap that I bought. Decided it was time for me to have something that would last me through college.

It's been two years, you've already bought and lost the car, and moved to a point that you've yet to find another car you love as much. What the fuck is wrong with you? Where is the car? How many have you had in the last two years?

>stranger at taco Bell in the middle of the night
>tells you to get in his car
>you do it
Boy, you're not very bright, are you?

>want pic related
>only one in my area
>has up-to-date registration, emissions and inspection sticker
>25000 miles on the odo
>apparently driven by old lady
>call up
>guy with Turkish accent answers
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>he can't tell me anything about the car
>make appointment anyway cause it's close
>get there
>looks like an area you'll get mugged in
>I've got over 2k € in cash on me and I'm alone
>car is parked bumper to bumper, door to door, with lots of others on some autoshop's lot
>looks pretty dinged up
>seller doesn't show up
>call him
>he apologizes for being late
>walks out of some warehouse nearby
>tells me how the car is in awesome shape mechanically, just been bumped into things while parking by the old lady
>doesn't explain who the old lady supposedly is, cause he definitely isn't representing any legitimate business
>tell him I'd like to test drive it
>says he'll get the keys
>disappears in the warehouse for another 20 minutes
>comes back and says he can't find the keys
>asks if I want to buy it now, and have cash
NOPE

How exactly did you "thank" him?
Did it involve taste-testing his lolly-pop?

Go with buddy to buy a older k3500 with a 6.5 I kinda know those shitbox engines feel free to judge. Anyway get to where it is in a sketchy as all fuck area guy who owns it barely speaks English and you have to use a pry bar to hold the starter because one of the bolts blew out of it's hole and took a peice of where it mounts too with it but other then that it was really clean owner wants 3000 it's probably only worth 1000 because engine needs to be replaced tell buddy don't buy it because the PMD was failing also ffw a few days it's sitting at his house he payed 2500 for it I have never face palmed so hard but after tig welding a stud into the gaping hole installing a rear bracket to hold it and putting a mechanical injection pump on it it wasn't a bad truck he still plows with it wasn't worth aggravation though

>Bitches about person who can't speak good English
>yet can't even use punctuation
WEW
E
W

>mom goes to dealership
>buys overpriced 2000 Mercury Sable
>comes home
>dad says it's overpriced
>looks on dealership website
>it's still on there advertised for $4,000 less than what she payed
>luckily my dad was able to get some of the money back by threatening to call the police.

>2009
>in highschool
>just got my license
>go to buy a car
>have exactly jack shit in my bank account
>eventually find a '95 Camry XLE V6 with 200k miles and a clean title going for $150
>smells fishy, check it out anyways
>owner was an old grandma
>knew nothing about cars
>pretty sure she didn't know what inflation was either
>ran it by a local mechanic on my dad's advice
>thing was in perfect health, even had fresh oil/tires/brakes
>she was so nice I actually ended up talking her price up to $200 because I felt bad
>bought it
>got it up to 250k before handing it down to my little sister two years ago and buying a brand new Accord
>car is still in use today
>it was probably worth closer to $1,500 or so but I got it for $200

>rusty Honda Legend for sale for 300 euros
>seller tells me I can come see the car
>notice there's another buyer inspecting the car upon arrival
>ask him where the seller is
>tells me he refuses to come out of his apartment
>call the seller
>tells me he will only come out if I promise to buy the car for 300
>I refuse
>drive away
>call an hour later to ask if he sold it and if he didn't, if he wants to consider coming out and letting me look at the engine and interior
>says he sold it

Kinda made me mad. Fucking jackass

You're not on reddit anymore

>go look at pre facelift zzw30
>arrive early, see the beautiful bastard speed off to get a wash and his pal to translate
>wait around he comes back with pal
>driver is a nice tall grey haired gentleman wearing stylish but not too flashy clothes
>car is black, new hard top, interior from previous owner still has half built disgusting massive speaker mods and big amp in back and a broken driver seat
>the seller had gotten chassis stiffening, lightweight forged wheels, new coilovers, new vented rotors, high tier brakes, precat del, cat del aftermarket exaust etc
>owner was running races and tougay with it
>he had bough hard top which had streetrace crew stickers on it
>go for test drive, leave his translator friend behind
>make small talk while we drive to tougay
>get to tougay, forget proper lines and shit just focus on the joys of driving a literal go kart
>try rev matching, do it effortlessly despite not having driven manual for ages
>get to tightest turn, realize I'm going way faster than I'm normally going, no time to break and snap overmeme so I just keep down the throttle and the car passes it like a champ
>running on fucking winter space savers
>driver tells me it does better on wide wheels with yokohomas on them that come with car
>remember his friend is still waiting
>change seats so he, who knows the area, can drive back
>blast through the tougay
>each corner taken perfectly
>rev matches, heel toes, rad cornering at the limit
>mfw owner was literally like someone out of my japanese animes
>get back, his friend is freezing
>promise to let him know if I'll get it since I've been eyeing another car
>text him a week later that unfortunately won't be getting it and apoloagize for all the troubles
>he invites me to a street racers track day
I'll bring him a case of beer

Do you still own the car?

You can only get liability insurance on salvage in my state.

Jesus fucking Christ go back to grammar school you fucking illiterate hypocrite

You sounds like someone who has never spent any real time on the countryside.

Your TV shows are not reality believe it or not

Seems like an awesome deal? Why didn't you get it.

I just bought a bone-stock W30 a week ago. Still has some old-car-syndrome issues to iron out, but I'm already enjoying it, even with shit tires.

>"Actually, my good sir, that generous friendly man you met, who has demonstrable practical skills, is indeed quite to the contrary an unfriendly and unintelligent racist. I can further tell compartmentalize him, being that I am an open minded individual, and conclude that he satisfies the criteria for the following categories of oaph:"

>Racist*
>Sexist*
>Misogynistic* **
>Xenophobic*
>Islamophobic
>Homophobic*
>Transphobic*
>Transpronoundenieristic
>Anti-Intellectual
>White Supremacist
>Nazi
>Suffers from fear of the "Other"
>ist
>ist
>istic
>phobic

>*please note, contrary to "evidence" (those videos are just Republican propaganda) otherwise, these are not actually applicable to those who observe Islam, a religion of peace
>**please further note that misandry is not real and needs you not pay any mind to it

Good days sir.

in retrospect, probably not the best idea, but also in retrospect, he was a normal mid-twenties dude like I am now and I'd probably offer to do the same now.

also there were four of us, unless he gassed us or drove us off a cliff we could probably have taken him

If you offer to let kids in your car these days, be prepared to go to prison.

>pops inna marines, grew up on Okinawa
>owned 3 cars by the time I was in my senior year of highschool because everything was really cheap
>500 dollar toyota estima pops up for sale just after I had parted out my 96 GT4 celica that I had bought for 1200
>talk with the dude, says inspection will expire right around the time I was going to graduate and move back to the USA
>fine by me, go through with the sale
>when we transfer the title he finds out he was wrong and it's expiring in 3 months
>lets me have it for $100 instead
When I junked the fucker at the recycling plant I got over $300 in JPY.

I know that feel kinda.

>october 2016
>looking to buy '16 Focus ST wagon (yurop)
>25k budget
>find one for €29,999 at Ford dealership
>"used" because it was registered for a day in january, 7km on the odometer
>reckon I'll try and haggle the dealer down to 25k
>won't have any of it
>tells me the price is the lowest they can possibly sell and how they're barely turning a profit and it's already 20% off MSRP
>get his offer in print and tell him I'll think about it

>walk into different dealership
>show them the offer
>"we'll give you 25% on the same car"
>k lol
>can't find one used, "well we could order one but it'd take a few weeks, there's extra monetary incentives for buying new tho"
>ended up getting a brand new '17 in january
>all said and done: brand new, winter tires on 17'' alloys included, €23,000 instead of €39,700 MSRP

>drive by first dealer's lot last week
>same FoST still there for €27,499

North Carolinian here. I'm not Christian and I'm smarter than you. I take offense at the notion that you think it's appropriate to call yourself an Intellectual. Go kill yourself plebeian, only the Southern Patricians will survive in Trump's America.

>First car in my price range that isnt fucking 20 miles away
You think 20 miles is too far to travel to buy a car.
This is why you have shit for options. Get a bus or buy a buddy lunch for a lift you lazy fuck

>When you intentionally leave out the similarity of marrying your own sister
Kys

>Mfw you bought a Ford
Yeah you got a real good deal....