Have a chance at getting a NA Subaru for £450, is it worth going the route of adding the turbo...

Have a chance at getting a NA Subaru for £450, is it worth going the route of adding the turbo, or should I save up for one that is turbocharged at around £2k plus?

I don't know about them but most cars cant simply be turbocharged and be exactly the same as a factory turbo. So no, unless its a project car for you.

£2000 turbo is going to be fucked and not worth it unless its a project where you will have to replace the turbo, etc.

You can't just slap a turbo on the NA, it's got much higher compression and would explode under boost

And don't buy a £2000 turbo either, it'll have 200 thousand miles on it, or be abused by retards like you to the point of being ready to die

Some look decent at 2k, but of course 5k+ subaru are looking all the better. Just need the (((money))).

>retards like you
>offers shitty advice

What do you think a Subaru is for, not for cruising any way? Think before posting, lad. I understand you can't whack on a major turbo, it's not my fucking point. It will obviously have to be tweaked, but the question is: Is it worth putting money into an NA subaru over just getting one factory made?

I have seen some at 2.5-3.5k with engine rebuilds, but if I can do it with the NA for cheaper, I will.

>What do you think a Subaru is for, not for cruising any way?
Assuming it's your only car I would assume you'd like to to function most of the time? I've seen subies with blown turbo motors going for more than a grand, one at 2K is beaten to fuck and back, then shined up so retards will buy it. Go on, buy a "rebuilt" 2 grand subie if you want, just don't come whining on here when it inevitably explodes 200 miles later

You need to swap to an already turbo motor, change the entire wiring harness and get a turbo sub frame. You can get this done for about 3k burgerbucks.

>Is it worth putting money into an NA subaru over just getting one factory made?

No, the turbos have better suspension and everything, you would need to rip out everything but the shell and interior, then build it back up again. either that or drop in a motor with double the power, and treequinox it

No. subarus are shit. Import a twingo.

450 quid? That thing is going to be rinsed m8

suspension is mostly the same. Swaybars are a little thicker on the wrx. Main issue will be brakes on earlier models. Rears aren't even disc on rs and ts models. brakes are bigger all the way around on wrxs.

I was under the impression that the WRX had stiffer springs and stronger dampers? or is that the STI?

The sti has upgraded suspension. But even then its only slightly stiffer. Aftermarket is much better. Personally I like the koni strut inserts and some stiffer springs.

The point stands though, buying an NA with intent to turbo it up is a terrible idea and would require a rebuild of the entire car unless you like trees

That's actually what I've done with mine. It's quite a bit of work. Fully rewiring, making the fuel system work again, new subframe and rebuilding the motor, swapping the breaks over... all added up to months of time spent.

and not something you could do if you think "saving up for 2 grand" is a lot of money

I definitely would not want to be in that position trying to do it again.

Ergo, OP is a retard and should buy a £500 Micra

Although driving a reliable N/A for a year or two while saving up wouldn't be bad. But for 450 it's not going to be reliable.

For £450 it's going to have no MOT, no history, lots of rust and 15 owners

And no headgaskets.

It might have one, but almost certainly won't have both
>tfw I know a guy that sold me his E46 330Ci for £700 so he could buy a beat to shit WRX
>tfw I sold the BMW for £1200 literally a week later and he's currently walking to work because his Subie is 75% rust and won't pass an MOT without days of welding

And this is why you should always make sure your underbody is well sprayed before winter.

Swap in an EJ20 from a WRX, EJ257 or a n/a 2.5, and a STI transmission.

that trans alone will run 2.5k on a great day

I'm not so knowledgeable on transmissions. Is there anything you can do to a stock Impreza transmission to help it handle EJ20 power?

Nothing retarded about asking a question on whether it would be a fuck, is there? It would be retarded if I did it without checking and using the word "ergo" like an absolute faggot.