Did you ever join a car club or crew Veeky Forums?

Did you ever join a car club or crew Veeky Forums?

Like in High School or College? Was it fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

dynasty-scans.com/series/car_graffiti_jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Found the salsa if anyone's interested:

dynasty-scans.com/series/car_graffiti_jk

>socializing irl
>ever

nice b80-8

for some reason it stopped being about cars in the late chapters

haha, this was pretty funny.

Cars themselves weren't really that interesting imo (although i didn't read all the way through) i guess its still better than anything Veeky Forums could write which would be a tale of some trap and her stanced meme-car or a shitty initial D knock off that wouldn't even be finished because nobody would be able to agree on what car should beat what or even deserves to race along-side what as fanboys don't want to see their favorite car lose to a "lesser" car.

posting superior mangas

>mfw I'm in a car club
>mfw we will have the first gt6 duel today
One of the members are providing two g27, two racing chairs and televisions. There will be burgers too.

>you will never be a joshikousei and shitpost with fellow joshikousei on the hakone turnpike about mercedes at le mans

>be me
>live in rural South
>live near quite a few nice mountain roads
>in high school save up 2,000 dollars, go down into big city for weekend
>pick up an Integra GSR sedan I found for 1500 with a fucked clutch and dead battery
>spend ~350 dollars getting new clutch and battery installed overnight, while buddy and I sleep in his moms SUV
>realize I got fucked out of 100 bucks by the mechanic when I wake up because a battery install isn't as hard as this 17 YO thought it was
>ohwell.jpg
>20 bucks on gas, rest of my savings on some OEM Honda wheels (car came on steelies)
>drive it home
>never drive it to school, always hitched rides with friends
>basically nobody knew i owned it
>fast forward to spring break
>QT314 crush accepts my hand to spring dance
>go to pick her up
>it turns out my buddy had also asked her
>she preferred him
>too late to find another date
>go to mountain roads, hoon til I think I'm going to die, hoon some more
Cont

>get home late that night
>break into liquor cabinet, get smashed
>wake up, am late to school
>buddy pulls me off, asks me if I heard about the guy who had been driving the roads extremely dangerously last night
>what happened?
>apparently I had overtaken one of the older students at some point in the night
>he had tried to keep up and a guardrail ate his car
>nah, dunno anything man
>still mad over what happened
>begin running different mountain roads every weekend
>begin spending my money on suspension, engine bits (intake, headers, exhaust, more aggressive cams, heavier clutch, throttle body)
>eventually start being referred to by the moniker "Nightrunner"
>never figure out why
>graduate
>move to Texas
>sell Integra to some kid
>swear I've raced it a few time with different owners since then

So yeah. That was back in 2002 when I sold it, I stick to shitposting now.

I went to a university that was specifically made to create American automotive engineers. The car club was the biggest club and of course I was in it. We had autoX days, drag strip events, and we twice did "rallys" on public roads where people would race from A to B (with no clear 'best' road) over 100 miles apart.

I was also in Formula SAE if that counts.

I also was part of a "street team" in south carolina for a year.

Florida Probe Owners Club.

Anyone from NPON on here? Did you do Myrtle Madness and survive Power Hour to talk about it? I got some good stories if anyone wants to hear them lol

I think Veeky Forumss "Initial D" should be a loose parody of it. For example, Dagumi always wins his races because his dad tells him what his opponents weaknesses are (>American cars >turning). However, whenever Dagumi doesn't ask his dad, he always loses, like he decides to dorifto into a tree and the Yugo beats him.

Also Dagumi's car should be played as some sort of super rare meme car, but every other character has a version of it.

>me and some buddies raced time trials on country lanes on motorcycles in high school
>we hung out Friday and Saturday nights at a construction site nearby, talking shit and occasionally making runs
>I hit a guy jogging coming out of a blind turn on a daytime practice run and my insurance skyrocketed

Literally my favorite Veeky Forums manga.

I'm too socially inept. Plus I have a feeling a car club centered around B15 Sentra SERs is gonna be really fucking lame.

Yeah so they shitcanned auto shop at my school after my freshman year (and of course, freshmen weren't allowed to take auto).
Me and 3 other guys who were into cars signed up for the career practioner course where students would go to different facilities in our towns to intern during half the school day. A lot if kids went to the hospital, a few went to the radio station, I think some went to the bank as well, but we got permission to go to the local repair shop / auto hobby center.
Over the course of the entire school year went from oil changes and mounting and dismounting tires to pulling parts off of junkyard cars and building stupid stuff in the back to race around and get in trouble with.

Kek pretty much did the same thing at uni

>mangas
oh boy

I don't believe this story, but I want to; sounds like you were almost an anime character.

There was but I wasn't going to join a club full of cringey fucking ricer idiots.

There was a vespa repair club at my school. Teacher who supervised it was some gentrification yuppie. Of the three people who knew about cars
1. Was a self proclaimed "car spotter" who showed us the most cringe inducing video I'd ever seen
2. Someone who ended up going to an all male college and no one liked
3. Most likeable of the three, but he was a vintagefag who acted as if japan was the reason for today's shitty design trends.

I also tried joining my college's FSAE team, but the leaders were cunts who didn't tell us 3/4 of the recruits would be cut despite working 5 days a week 4 to 5 hours a day for those cunts.

I was on a couple amateur teams down in Baha but not as a driver just part of the handful of chucklefucks that when combined Power Rangers style might equate to one competent mechanic.

DNF is best F

Same here, I was on my school's FSAE team. It had definite pros and definite cons, and the cons outweigh the pros. Only 2 people actually had their shit together, bad coordination and communication within the team, 12-20 hours of work per week with no concrete benefits other than it looking very good on your resume, not everyone gets to drive the car (if it even starts). My favorite part was the unveiling banquet. Also girl to guy ratio is miniscule. Pic related. +5 points if you can guess who I am.

T-Takumi?

I had three friends who all owned Hyundai Tiburons with obnoxiously loud exhausts. One silver, one blue, one black... They drove around in a line like some F&F shit. So cringe...

I wanna believe...

I joined Night Wave not too long ago, at the time I thought they were just a bunch of drag racing and hard parked kind of guys. After going to meets frequently I realized that these guys hit the streets pretty hard, both for highways and going on touges. It's a real adrenaline rush for me and I try to go to meets whenever I have any spare time, but it's been great so far. I'm a new member but have been treated like family, I'm glad I found a bunch of autists who race real hard.

I watched bakoun It's pretty good.

NIGHT FEVER, NIGHT FEVER

Same here, I was the first of the euros to join.
Despite being euro they accepted me instantly and helped me set up local meets and shit.
Now night wave euro has grown and we've been having some meets happening.
This summer gonna be eventful.

I joined WAT Racing Development years ago

legend

The asian qt by the car spoiler

Yeah... my uni only did engineering and the whole school was 11% female and a lot were dykes. We had a chick on the FSAE team, and I fucked the shit out of her, but so did everyone else on the team.

+5 points
And on the first try. pray tell what gave it away?

We had this idea of doing sexy calendar as a fundraiser and all the girls thought it would be a fun creative project, but none of the guys were on board with it

>but none of the guys were on board with it

Wow, what a bunch of sissies.

t. Initial d fan

The car "clubs/crews" around my area are still stuck in high school mentally

Yup. We also had the idea of hosting a "pageant" or talent show to fundraise. They weren't on board with that either and none of them sounded like they had any interest whatsoever in events that weren't pertaining very heavily to race cars... But I'm not on the team anymore so there's that!