/dbg/ Dragon Ball General

Handsome Cicada Edition

The free update will include:

New level cap for your time patroller (up to level 90)!
5 costumes
3 accessories
5 attacks
New world tournament rules
A new option to change the BGM in Battles
Two disappointing Expert Missions

dragonball-videogames.com/DBXV2_survey_US.html

>1.04 patch info
saiyanisland.com/2016/12/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-full-patch-notes-for-version-1-041-05/

>Helpful Xenoverse 2 Data/Links
pastebin.com/LTscGRpT

>Xenoverse 2 Mods
pastebin.com/pDwFPrB3

>Xenoverse 2 changes
pastebin.com/uDAS7TD9

>Community
PC: steamcommunity.com/groups/vfightersXenoverse
PS4: Search "Dragon Ball General"
XBone: account.xbox.com/en-GB/clubs/profile?clubid=3379873991575336
/dbg/ players: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ElJpKAB8F9xw-4oqsOuorggP_Hngdvxm7aduvpY1DIg
/dbg/ discord: discord.gg/ZDYzqAW

>HOW TO FIND YOUR XENOVERSE 2 SAVE ON STEAM Perfect guide:
steam > userdata > [your steam id] > 323470 > remote > DBXV2
DBXV2.sav should be there, which is your savefile
If you wish to delete it to try reimporting or for other reasons, disable steamcloud on both xenoverse 1 and 2 first.

>Xenoverse Booru: Upload all Drawfaggotry here
xenoverse.booru.org/

LAST TIME ON /dbg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-ngoXCkD70
i.imgur.com/TI7RQor.jpg
i.imgur.com/8oc3z4f.jpg
i.imgur.com/47HDMkO.jpg
i.imgur.com/VI2Oikt.jpg
i.imgur.com/BLXPAyO.jpg
i.imgur.com/zJX19Dr.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=onjng4LZRw0&t=978s
i.imgur.com/itnqks1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Veeky Forums finally working?

Time for bestgirl.

I'm glad I didn't end up deleting fridge dork. He's kinda fun.

Also glad I can finally post this little .webm.

NO ONE CAN DEFEAT US

With all the drawing going on in the last thread, I'm surprised everyone doesn't pool together to make their own mini-arcs for an overall XV manga/comic.

That's amazing. Saved as heck.

wow, thanks user!

Those are really unique colors for a Chilly Willy, I like them.

>images working again
Don't know if Spats is even here still

CUTE AS FUCK

A /dbg/ Webcomic would be sick, but we need a consistent artstyle and be good at putting stuff out regularly. I'd be down for some cooperation regardless.

Here's the thing, maintaining a consistent artstyle is extremely important when it comes to collaboration efforts. Otherwise it looks like a mess. One artist per mini arc or bust, and even that's a lot of work in just paneling and shit. Definitely don't want connected arcs with different styles either.
t. somebody who was in an anime club who tried and failed to make a collab comic

I agree on both of those actually.

At the very least I'd love to see some people have their own little mini-arcs that they themselves draw at the very least. It is XV after-all, you could write off everything as different timelines with ease.

On that note, trying to figure out an actual SSJ hairstyle is a nightmare. I completely understand what Toriyama was dealing with when it came to Pan.

Before I go to bed I'd just like to thank the user who did this.

I love it.

i'm glad you do
other user thinks the right foot is broke/really awkward, if it's a fix that small and you want it done i could try to repost in an imgur sometime tomorrow

How many BuuFuus have you sent to the oven today, /dbg/ ?

Only 3 for myself today. Having a slow day.

always nice to hear about the life of my favorite roleplayer
what did you have for breakfast?

I think it's fucking amazing, but sure go for it, gonna see about colouring it in too.

MAde my day for quite a while, thanks a bunch.

BuuFuu salt with a side of immense satisfaction.

Best husbando

keep this slut away from my waifu

>Not just having a bald Saiyan

>bald female Saiyan

While interesting, I'd definitely pass on that.

>trying to figure out an actual SSJ hairstyle
Ha, tell me about it. Some are easier than the others (thank you Toriyama for Trunks) but some are really difficult to work. Pic related, my shitty attempt at Onion's hairstyle.

Man, it'd be cool if they bring this game over:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-ngoXCkD70

See that is my main problem I find is that I don't want to do just Trunks hairstyle, even though its probably the closest I'm gonna get.

Or the front of the air being a tad longer than the back is gonna make things look a little odd.

NOBODY!!!!

Nappa's official SSJ3 design will never not be amazing.

>Baby Janemba
>Cell Hatchiyack

I'm one of those losers who get a kick out of figuring out just such a thing. Following how the hair grows naturally, the shape it takes, etc. It's more work but it has more of an impact than the "It's the same but blonde" that Gohan, Vegeta, and GT Goten had.

But then you can give them a fancy ki wig with any style you wish!

SSJ3 Nappa beard dlc when?

So /dbg/ what are some underused and/or underrated moves and ults?

There's an escape move that keeps being spammed lately called "Oven dodger"

I-Its double sunday! My moth- uhhh someone here told me its the best move!

Well hopefully you can help me figure some stuff out at this rate, because I'm at a lose and don't want to naturally just make Trunks SSJ, but drawing the bangs upwards feels odd.

Oh are we talking about Raditz? Time to fix that.

>Raditz was off on the Weekend
>Raditz was getting a little brother, what an Exciting Year
>Raditz found out on a Shining Friday
>Raditz then went go-carting with Mama Gine at Saturday Crash
>Mama Gine then made Raditz Double Sundaes on Sunday
>Mama Gine and Raditz then went fishing, it was a Dynamite Monday
>Then Frieza blew up the planet his Vacation Deleted

Spirit Ball is fun too.

I feel real bad for him in the game hes always getting bullied...
Dont want to tripple post for obvious wait time reasons so heres the rest of the convo
i.imgur.com/TI7RQor.jpg
i.imgur.com/8oc3z4f.jpg

Never forget the greatest bro.

Poor Raditz he was only aggressive cause everyone bullied him for being weak

This is why a collaboration effort would be needed and we would need to be organized and responsive as hell to all those involved as well as regular updates on progress.

Heres a quick rundown of some things/ people we would need:

>People to do story creation

>People to actually write out a story

>People to proof that shit

>Someone to typeset

>One or more people to do the illustrating work/ paneling if we want to keep a consistent art style

>We would probably have to have a minimum/ maximum length if we want people writing or creating their own arcs (unless they do the illustrating their self)

Im sure ive missed a bunch of things and im probably overthinking this. But at the very least i would think we need the first 4 as well as good communication.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see a DBG comic based around the many CACs that are around here (I would love to see my own participating in some story) but it is quite a process to even get started, not to mention all the external variables what with peoples own life situations.

And even then, he still listened to his mama to go find Goku 20 years later.

I think it was Tenkaichi 3 or maybe one of the Raging Blast, where Raditz admits he's weak and Bardock just hugs him, that was a nice thing.

>even Gohan bullied him

True. I could easily do story creation.

Hell, I think I've got about 2 pages of stuff for just two of my characters that is backstory alone, and there are other people with some heavy backstories and stuff.

i.imgur.com/47HDMkO.jpg

I believe it was in BT2 called fateful brothers
it was nice

Poor Raditz why cant they just let him be in peace

>tfw Fridge's and Namekians have the best customization but the worst movesets

>namekians
>worst anything

Aww Bardock cares in his own way.

I really should grab the DLC.

Besides Tien, Bardock is my favorite great to train under him and good too see Goku say something about him pics related

i.imgur.com/VI2Oikt.jpg
i.imgur.com/BLXPAyO.jpg
i.imgur.com/zJX19Dr.jpg

... is Nappa a breastaurant waiter?

>Make android character
>Starts running into issues with making them look properly artificial (energy cores, "built in" armor, etc)
>Nothing seems to go quite with Frieza's robo-legs
>Realize half the stuff you want is locked to Fridges

>that childlike Goku trying to figure out if his dad is nice or mean

That's actually adorable.

>tfw you tell him he was a Space Pirate like Vegeta, but he still cared for his sons

I would absolutely love for Goku to meet Raditz again along with Bardock/Gine and Grandpa Gohan in a canon setting and see his reactions. Its kind of sad that its never happened.

This guy is one of my favourite fan artists, and this video really helped me with drawing super saiyan hair. I always used to draw the general shape of the hair then add spikes sort of from back to front. but since watching this i just draw the spikes from front to back.
He gets to the hair about 4 minutes in, but the face tutorial is good too. The last part is all colouring.

youtube.com/watch?v=onjng4LZRw0&t=978s

Right its great?
I want to see Goku and his saiyan family all meet too shame it wont happen...

Good video. I think a lot of my problem is, is that I like the base hair, but translating it to a more spiky SSJ hair is what is bothering me, mostly the bangs in particular, because she has side bangs as well. In fact, Tomo-Chan is the best hairstyle that I can find that translate to a base hairstyle I want.

The short hairstyle in XV is close to that, but its not exactly the same. Translating this to SSJ is what is killing me. Mostly the side-bangs, the center bang is fine, but the side bangs, ugh, especially because it makes it look so odd and almost every SSJ I've seen of a female in Heroes/XV/etc. keeps the bangs. Best version I've come up with, is keeping the front, but more SSJ angular/spiky design, and then a Trunks back, which the more I look at, the more I dislike.

I was thinking about making a really cool character, any ideas?

Anything that's not a BuuFuu

the starting face drawing in itself is immensely helpful.

I might have a go at try tomo-chans hair super saiyan, see if i can think of a way to do it. I see what you mean now with the awkward bangs, I think it would be a case of making them look a bit thicker when super saiyan, and remembering to make them float about when she is charging or surrounded by an aura.
cant promise a drawing right away I gotta go do some shopping but if I come up with anything ill post it later

Oh bardock if only you knew
i.imgur.com/itnqks1.jpg

yea he does all of his pictures starting with that 4x4 grid. Really nice way of getting into drawing the faces.
The bodies he does are a bit harder though as he seems to naturally get proportions right, I find that quite hard.

but didnt he have "the vision" or is this a different bardock?

All good, any help would be much appreciative. I've been drawing and redrawing stuff for a good hour or two so far and I just can't seem to be satisfied with anything.

I think the best I've had it is close to Yuya's hair in Yugioh Arc-V, but that's about it, even still it looks a little odd in Toriyama's style. Really wish XV had more hairstyles and proper SSJ hair, it'd be a little easier to translate assuming it wasn't just "here is Gohan, Trunks, etc. SSJ hair).

getting the proportions right is always difficult, whats really hard is mirroring it to the other side if you want the character to be in a symmetrical position (hell even drawing ears or eyes the same size/ way can be hard sometimes)

This is a version of bardock from before the vision or at least I thought so until he talked about his dead brothers and how hes at least glad a saiyan beat frieza even though he didnt get to after I beat frieza in his training mission

yeah the lack of hair styles and super saiyan transformation styles annoyed me, also wish fusions had more styles.
For some reason humans have some hairstyles saiyans cant have in fusions,

I dunno, maybe try basing them around using certain moves first and go from there? I started off using Split Finger Shot and other finger beams for a sort of mystical moveset to go with Dimension Ray, but eventually firing not Magic Missiles lead to just lead to Chantilly going as wizardly as possible.

Y-yeah, screw those Majin!

Screw them? No no, silly.

We burn them.

mirroring is a pain, i always find "the other eye" is the worst part, the pupil is always slightly off and I cant get it right, so i end up with cockeyed super saiyans.
I bought these to help with my proprtion drawings, body chan and body kun from SHFiguarts. really helpful. Especially when drawing on the ipad because you can take a photo and draw from that on the screen (or trace if you are feeling really lazy)

Canonically Bardock never had that vision. So this is likely the canon Bardock. At least I assume it is.
I know there are mods on the PC XV, which I don't have, but even still the one for my particular Saiyan, I don't like all that much, but that's just me.

I haven't gotten around to playing Fusions sadly, it looks super fun though. Don't know how well it'd run on a 3DS XL compared to the Pro or w/e version of it (which is garbage btw).

>goku
>adorable
goku is a fucking faggot

Im playing it on the new 3ds xl, its running great on that, but not sure about the older xl.\
Definitely worth playing if your a dragonball fan though, its a bit annoying that a lot of fusions are locked to street pass, but as my brothers got it we did make a Vegito Blue and Goku Rose fusion. He was almost unstoppable.

Well I didn't say he wasn't an idiot for his insane Raditz hate, but how he acts about Bardock is adorable.

This is the best I've got.

But uh, does that whole "oven" thing work?

that makes sense

>Streetpass

I despise that feature so much. Its virtually useless for anybody not in a major city, and even then outside of Tokyo its still pretty useless because nobody commutes the same way Japan does.

It does look fun either way, I really like a lot of the fusions, though I wish there were more in the game, like can't Krillin only fuse with Kid Goku?

Krillin can fuse with Goku to make Gorillin which is actually a really awesome fusion, and also can fuse with Gohan which looks terrible, and with picollo, which I havent tried yet.

Nah Krillin also gets Gohan (young) and Piccolo.

Ok that's a bit better. Only heard that he could fuse with Goku only to make Gorillin. Odd though they there isn't a Yamcha/Krillin or Tien/Krillin and so on.

But it is what it is, I'm sure if there is a Fusions 2 they'll make more. I know Gine can only fuse with Towa right?

This is the krillin gohan fusion. That hair...

I now understand his pain.

Its like chiaotzu's hat
YamHan and tiencha both got some nice hair too

Yea and i still need to get Towa.
Although your CAC can fuse with anyone, and any character can fuse with anyone else via streetpass, its just unless you have a friend who you can organise the streetpass with, you cant know who you are fusing with.
There is a way to do it with two copies of the game and one 3ds I think, but I cant afford another game just for that.

Pirillin looks okay but Gorrilin is definitely his best fusion option.

That's kind of lame, but not too bad, I could pass on the fusing with random people or friends though. Granted my internet is complete shit and my 3DS almost never wants to connect to it.

anythings better than the gohan fusion!
I like how serious pirillin looks, but the seriousness is taken away by his lack of nose and weird eyes

That's a cute spats

a regular spats then

You didn't post Nico though

His fault for being weak

Dont bully him too!

The Parsa/Jaco fusion was disappointing desu

I also have Dabura and Demon King Piccolo and I remember seeing a fusion between the two in a rift earlier, so I need to fuse them

I'm not wrong though

Dabura/Mira (Damira) looks better imo.

Bought to go play some fusions myself all comfy in bed before I sleep.
Only just got it recently and have been enjoying it

I mean yes but please hes insecure

I agree, I just need to get Mira

I was surprised at just how great it ended up being plus I think the VA I chose for Parsa sounds super cute while saying NANI?!?