Redpill me on the avenger ... i found a 2014 se for sale ... i want a peace of mind car but this one looks cool...

Redpill me on the avenger ... i found a 2014 se for sale ... i want a peace of mind car but this one looks cool ... wat do? Just get an accord?

Plastic pile of shit worst in segment

Tell me why faggot.. will it leave me stranded on the road? It has 58000 mileage from a major dealer...
>inb4 get a charger

Because it's made out of plastic and by one of the most notoriously unreliable brands?

It won't leave you stranded at 58k (it's not a Volkswagen), but it'll be worse than every other car you could buy.

>avenger

No, Just absolutely no

buy literally anything else you dipshit frogposter

The car do you the car to run and I do drive runs and and drives the engine and transmission

So far no legitimate reasons to not get it... eloborate niggers... is it expensive to fix? Will it keep breaking down? How often do they usually have problems....

4cly cant get 30mpg

>dodge

into the trash it goes

>Charger Jr.
No, just no.

Ok, let me break this down

The Avenger was designed and built to be nothing more than a rental car chariot that could be driven into the ground for a year then thrown away

The build quality is terrible. The interior is all cheap plastic that breaks, squeaks, and ages horribly.

The engine and transmission are about as refined as your 35 year old redneck cousin talking about queers at thanksgiving dinner. Its a tiny anemic 4 cyl that some STILL managed to get horrible gas mileage

The chassis has the driving dynamic of a conestoga wagon from the Oregon trial, so as such every single bump is going to shatter your spine, and it will be deathlessly boring even on the most fun of roads

It somehow manages to feel like a big bulky car while having almost no trunk space or leg room, while being outclassed in almost every measurable category by every single car that was a direct competitor to it

FCA engineering also means they are plagued with an unending list of minor mechanical and electrical issues

The ONLY reason they get bought is because poor basketball americans who want a charger but can't afford one think it looks like a charger jr

Literally ANY other car in that class will be better

Just buy a Lamborghini no maintenance required

Chrysler's are notoriously unreliable and the Avenger was born of a particularly bad era for Chrysler.

it does the job just like a camry accord malibu. choose whichever looks best to you. though a buick century will treat you real real good so long as you find one rust free and keep it undercoated

OP the interior build quality of these alone should make you walk away. The cheapest plastic, awful seats, etc. Out of the big 3 anything from the Dodge/Chrysler camp I consider the lowest of the low. Hell, I'd consider a Ford over that if you stayed domestic.

If not, get an Accord, or Camry. Maybe even an Elantra.

>The engine and transmission are about as refined as your 35 year old redneck cousin talking about queers at thanksgiving dinner.
Comedy gold.

>particularly bad era for Chrysler
Everything 1976 to present.

There is a reason FCA don't make passenger cars no mo. The failed, and pulled out. The 200 was a steaming hot pile and the Dart tainted the Dart name. If Iaccoca were dead he'd be a spinning.

You're talking about it like

>wow guys it's not going to literally explode on me in 20k miles so it's a good deal

It might work now. You might not be completely offended by the absolute shit interior. But once it gets aged, not even old, aged, it'll slowly degrade on you. The engine may still work, but the plastic trim might break. The radio buttons will stop working. Interior lights may short. It'll become a fucking annoyance every time you get into drive it.

So no, it's not going to blow up or cause you to roll over. But it's not worth buying in any way shape or form.

Thanks lads i just really like the body but i care more about reliability since i dont know how to fix a car myself and i dont want to be taking it to the shop very often... so i should just get an accord to play it safe huh

Not necessarily. Depends on your budget and what things are a priority to you.

The Avenger is just a turd that should be avoided all around

Well my main goal for a car is peace of mind so i plan to get a used car from a major dealer .. and my budget is 12k if ill be paying monthly (poorfag) ... i want a car that wont have to be constantly be taken to the shop...

You should easily be able to get a recent (2010+) accord or camry used with like 50k miles for $8-10k

Go with an Impala if you want Domestic full size sedan

You can do better on that budget.

Now, if it's REALLY cheap and you want to save that budget and don't mind doing your own maintenance, it might be a good learning experience.

But it doesn't sound like that's what you want to do.

Yeah i see plenty but most are from private dealers.. the big famous dealers have them for about 15k or more ... am i wrong to not trust private dealers?

Except all 3 of those other cars are better, in that order actually.

Hell, you can probably find a nice Charger/Magnum for the same price.

THIS.

NOT THIS.

>my budget is 12k
>the big famous dealers have them for about 15k or more
LMAO. I bought my Lexus IS350 for $15k. Do NOT buy that Avenger.

JUST LOOK AT IT