Any Uber driver here? On any similar service?

Any Uber driver here? On any similar service?
Got an memorable story to share?
Anyways

>waiting for call
>get one
>arrive at destination
>no one in sight
>rider calls me
>'I don't see you'
>I talk to her, until I find out she's actually 10 kilometers away
>in a passing area, during rush hour
>cancel call
>go home

It's my 4th week, so it may seem trivial to long term driver, but for me, it was pretty memorable.

I'm interested. Bumping

i doubt many here are stupid enough to work (get ripped off by) for uber

Another thing that happened to me.

>get call
>no one waiting outside (as usual)
>wait for 5 minutes. Still no one
>text rider to say I'm here
>wait 5 more minutes
>no reply
>cancel call
>got another one 2 seconds later
>same dumb cunt
>managed to find her
>awkward ride
>gives me 1 star

TL;DR: I got a 1-star rating because a dumb cunt was too dumb to use the rider app.

Pretty much always gonna happen. They can see exactly where the location pin was dropped and the address and somehow they don't realize it isnt even near them.
They can also see you on their map and cant be fucked to think about which direction youre coming from
Then they pick the worst place to get picked up
Tl;dr people are retarded

>and then you get paid 80 bucks for a 20 min ride and the world is right again
Surge is good times

On a good week how much can one make?

After you calculate all your expenses most people make around minimum wage.

Buddy of mine works through lyft and makes upwards to 700 a week.

Yeah, I'd imagine a fuckton of wear and milage

LOL BULLLSSHHHHIIITTTT.

Lyft and Uber drivers are as bad at truckers lying about pay. Those faggots make $700 one time or twice a year and claim they make that a week. The REAL numbers show most workers make less than $14/hr and many of those are making minimum wage. And to make the $14/hr you have to work like 12 hours a day.

Because people throw even the kitchen sink as an expense to try to discourage people
>muh depreciation, miles, gum, phone, insurance, registration, sunglasses, etc
All you should count is gas and car payment, everything else youre gonna spend regardless if you work for uber/lyft or an office job

Depends on city more than anything.
Los angeles ive averaged 20-35 an hour.
Just dividing total pay by hours online, you dont actually drive all the hours

>morons who don't understand business say this shit

Depreciation IS a cost moron. Your car is getting WAY more miles put on it. All the extras are a cost. Gas is a cost. You are the perfect person to do "ride sharing" because you are so bad at business you actually believe you make $20-$35 an hour.

>i buy cars to sell them
Fuck off nigger

>he's a taxi driver using his own car
HAHAHAHA

You are retarded as fuck m8

You do know that more miles = more maintenance more often. More tires. More repairs etc. And the car will die sooner.... right........

My retarded half brother is 30 years old, has a kid and GF, lost his $13/hr job and took up Lyft.

Put 30k miles on his minivan in 6 fucking months! Spending money as fast as he makes it. Anything happens to his van (already needs tires) he's done for.

>imblygn

>tripfag
K

Who knew?

>average uber driver
No wonder they can only employ niggers, arabs, and the mentally slow.

Dunno, I've driving long enough that I don't really have any memorable stories. Other than guys on return trips to the ghetto to buy drugs, drunk people, etc. But I agree on that driving uber full time is a bad business, specially if you're taking base fare trips. It's like a convoluted way of borrowing money from your future self. I began doing freelance web dev on the week and only drive on Thursday/Friday/Saturday night surges

You only have to wait 5 min. After that time rider no-show the fucker and collect the cancellation fee. Also putting the pickup pin in the wrong place it's a sneaky way users avoid the surge, they put the pin a few blocks away were there's no surge and phone you to their correct location. Cancel those with "fraudulent rider".

I've thought about investing in like a decent used fusion or focus just for uber.

I can say I have some really good customer service skills and can handle some bullshit. What should I be looking out for when driving for uber/lyft?

Dude don't buy a car for uber. Even delivering pizzas is more profitable.

I've used Uber once, and it was pleasant. The driver did it pretty much one week out of the month to cover her car payment.

I really want to drive for Uber, but I own a car from 1999, so I'm out of luck.

There was no surge.